Game Play Videos

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

Re: Game Play Videos

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:44 pm

For what it's worth, I have plugged a PS4 controller into my PC, and NBA 2K18 - without any mods - recognised it and displayed the PS4 icons, which definitely surprised me. I believe NBA Playgrounds does it as well, though I haven't tested that as yet.

Again, I'm not expecting a PC release this year, but it seems it could happen in the future. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, but over the years I've seen a lot of people get hyped up on pure speculation, and then get angry and upset that EA or 2K didn't deliver something that they never actually promised or announced in the first place. I'd love to be wrong here and I'll let it be a pleasant surprise if I am, but I'd be cautious about expecting a PC version this year. Again, PS4 and X1 are the only platforms listed on the official site, so that's the word to go by until we hear otherwise.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ConfigSys on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:16 pm

I really do not understand ,why do you think EA will release a game for pc
and they choose not to tell us about it like Madden 19.
ConfigSys

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:00 am

ConfigSys wrote:I really do not understand ,why do you think EA will release a game for pc
and they choose not to tell us about it like Madden 19.

Possibly because it's not a 100% going to happen, just something they have on the side to be released later if Live 19 sells really well.

Also, I've done some thinking about Madden and why it would ever come to PC, but the simple reason is E-sports... they're really pushing for it this year, especially considering their entire slot in EA Play was spent promoting it.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Wolfy03 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:30 am

I share ConfigSys opinion. Game is supposed to come out in about two and a half months time, and I think they should know so far, will they be able to make it for PC. I don't see why should they bother doing it after that. They should focus on NBA Live 20, as it would be some kind of special release, and I think that's when it will come to PC. Also, I think that this years Madden is some kind of test for that. We will see, but I think that they would have probably told us by now, if they plan on releasing it for PC.
Wolfy03

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:13 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Graphics look amazing.
but EA robotic animations still shock me :shock:
btw I know someone who complain a lot about 2K skating :mrgreen: watch Steph.Curry'steps in the 1st video at 2:34 https://youtu.be/_sMi8Sr8qQI?t=2m34s

Just saw this.

Also, don't talk around me. That someone is obviously me.

2K18 it's extremely noticeable on every possession, it also impacts the control of your player. Live 18, and Live 19's gameplay videos don't have even close to the amount of skating as 2K18 provided. You can't even compare the two in that regard. Also, at 2:34, I see quick little steps by Curry, not skating. I see quick feet. And, even if a skating moment happened (rarely) in a game, it wouldn't be as much of an eyesore. Huge difference between an occurrence, or a rare occurrence, and a "Good majority of the time".
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:42 am

Are you sure ? :cheeky: skating... it was a little joke posted before AO.T ... don't you see the green smiley ?
Because IMO some frames are still missing, animation feels chopped, even it's a way better than on Live '18 videos.
Or perhaps I'm too accustomed to 2K animations.

At the end of the action, at 2'39 there's also a very strange little jump forward by S.Curry, just small detail.
sticky-fingers

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:53 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Are you sure ? :cheeky: skating... it was a little joke posted before AO.T ... don't you see the green smiley ?
Because IMO some frames are still missing, animation feels chopped, even it's a way better than on Live '18 videos.
Or perhaps I'm too accustomed to 2K animations.

At the end of the action, at 2'39 there's also a very strange little jump forward by S.Curry, just small detail.

It's not taken as a joke, considering even before the AOIT discussion. I prefer if you are going to bring me up in a conversation, you address me correctly. Not as "Someone".

It's not perfect, but it's easy to see the improvement over 18 at the moment. I can handle quick feet, or even a small jump forward if you are pushing forward on the joystick to D up. Because to me, the small jump is what real players do, it's to get in the players face and supply pressure. As long as that small jump doesn't impact my movement, or slow me down or whatever, I can handle it.

Again, HUGE difference between it happening most of the time, and it only happening rarely.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:23 am

I hope there is some adjustment to the trigger zone for dunks and layups. It led to a few too many inside shots last year, when pull ups in the lane and mid-range should've happened.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:28 am

I think timing on closer shots need to be adjusted as well. You shouldn't have to hold it the same amount of time to hit green if you're shooting 3 ft from the basket as 13 ft. I got caught going for layups but they would shoot a jumper instead and I would never hold it long enough since I thought I was getting a lay up
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:55 am

Agreed. I did tend to have the opposite problem though, where I wanted a pull-up jumper but attempted a heavily contested layup instead. Or in the case of LUT challenges on tougher difficulties, got a dunk swatted too easily.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:29 am

It's youtubers like this that can kill a game before it even comes out.

Look at the title of the video, and listen to how this guy talks. He keeps saying the graphics are trash, they are NOT trash, they are perfectly acceptable for this gen. Even if they were not, using words like trash/garbage to describe things, and leaving it at that, is really annoying.

phpBB [video]

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Murat on Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:07 am

There was a guy named FLIGHT a few years ago, constantly trashing 2K and praising NBA Live.

He went to a long silence after 2K broke out. NBA 2K16 was way, way better than NBA Live 16.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:14 am

Murat wrote:There was a guy named FLIGHT a few years ago, constantly trashing 2K and praising NBA Live.

He went to a long silence after 2K broke out. NBA 2K16 was way, way better than NBA Live 16.

That was all a bunch of show, and BS. I hope you didn't fall for that crap. I watched a ton of his videos, the guy was a complete goon and made no sense, literally all for show. The whole "Trashing 2K and Praising Live... he didn't even believe in that himself.

It doesn't matter if 2K16 blew away NBA Live 16 (To some people), it's how you present the material that matters, how you present the pros and cons of the games. Look at how that dude talks about the graphics in Live 19, that doesn't help anyone or anything.

The problem is: People actually pay attention to these guys and put stock into what they say.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Rosque on Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:37 am

Did dis dud really make 3 minute video while having 1:10 minute intro and 15 seconds outro? :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: That boy TRASH
Rosque

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:04 am

The good news is that a lot of people have moved on from the word "cartoonish". The bad news is they've moved on to doing the same thing with "trash".
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:49 pm

Did you guys even watch the full video?
If you can tolerate the uneven sound spikes that make his voice hurt your ears or the intro, midtro, and outro that's longer than the actual content of his video he was actually refuting the Forbes article saying the game has horrible graphics based on the early released screenshots.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:26 am

shadowgrin wrote:Did you guys even watch the full video?
If you can tolerate the uneven sound spikes that make his voice hurt your ears or the intro, midtro, and outro that's longer than the actual content of his video he was actually refuting the Forbes article saying the game has horrible graphics based on the early released screenshots.

I thought he was agreeing? The title would also corroborate that. I did watch the whole thing, but I didn't even pick up on the fact that he was disagreeing with it, that's how all over the place the video is.

In fact, even if he disagreed, the title of the video speaks for itself. It's pure clickbait (again), and someone (which could be most people) couldn't get through the horrible intro and all the gabrbage, they could take the title as the posters opinion, and put stock into it.

Either way, that video was really poorly done.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:37 am

He was agreeing the screenshots were trash because it doesn't accurately represent the actual Live 19 graphics which he thinks is "amazing" since he got to try the game and spent a decent amount of time with it.

He called the graphics of Live 18 trash compared to Live 19.

He even said not to judge a game's graphics unless you played it and the graphics of Live 19 isn't a concern since it's good. @ 2:17 - 2:41.

tbf to him he did cite the source (Forbes) in his poorly punctuated title and even asked a question if they were right in the title itself.

Considering how terrible the production quality is in his video I'm surprised that the closed captioning isn't a total joke.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:46 am

Not sure it has been posted here :

phpBB [video]
sticky-fingers

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:58 am

shadowgrin wrote:He was agreeing the screenshots were trash because it doesn't accurately represent the actual Live 19 graphics which he thinks is "amazing" since he got to try the game and spent a decent amount of time with it.

He called the graphics of Live 18 trash compared to Live 19.

He even said not to judge a game's graphics unless you played it and the graphics of Live 19 isn't a concern since it's good. @ 2:17 - 2:41.

tbf to him he did cite the source (Forbes) in his poorly punctuated title and even asked a question if they were right in the title itself.

Considering how terrible the production quality is in his video I'm surprised that the closed captioning isn't a total joke.

Thanks for breaking it down, wish he had done a better job of it.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Rodzilla91 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:52 am

From what i saw when the first gameplay videos came out, I saw flagrant fouls, or what I had thought was a flagrant foul. I think that's a great addition. The visual side of things always looks nice when it comes to Live.

I also like that clunky sounding rim. Might just be me though.
Rodzilla91

Previous

Return to NBA Live 19