Change coach

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Change coach

Postby KoyaM on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:25 pm

Is there a way to assign ex. Dwayne Casey to Pistons?
KoyaM

Re: Change coach

Postby Eilrahc Drib on Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:09 am

KoyaM wrote:Is there a way to assign ex. Dwayne Casey to Pistons?

Yes you can! If you go to Edit roster, press the bumper to choose the Raptors, once in there press the trigger to see staff, select coach than fire..or edit.

Hope that helps
Last edited by Eilrahc Drib on Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always pay it forward.

Eilrahc Drib
Discord- CharlieBird#2380
Steam- CharlieBird (Canada flag)
Eilrahc Drib

Postby KoyaM on Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:24 am

Eilrahc Drib wrote:

Yes you can! If you OG to Edit roster, press the bumper to choose the Raptors, once in there press the trigger to see staff, select coach than fire..or edit.

Hope that helps

say i want to add nick nurse and igor how will i do that?
KoyaM

Postby Eilrahc Drib on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:32 am

KoyaM wrote:
Eilrahc Drib wrote:

Yes you can! If you OG to Edit roster, press the bumper to choose the Raptors, once in there press the trigger to see staff, select coach than fire..or edit.

Hope that helps

What I do is I put in a generic coach then I edit them and create them. You can also do this for asst coaches to. You will have to Create them because those coaches are not in the game.

I hope this answer is good enough for you.

Good luck.
Always pay it forward.

Eilrahc Drib
Eilrahc Drib

Postby KoyaM on Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:13 am

Eilrahc Drib wrote:
KoyaM wrote:
Eilrahc Drib wrote:

Hope that helps

What I do is I put in a generic coach then I edit them and create them. You can also do this for asst coaches to. You will have to Create them because those coaches are not in the game.

Good luck.

how do i create them?
KoyaM

Postby Eilrahc Drib on Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:36 am

KoyaM wrote:
Eilrahc Drib wrote:
KoyaM wrote:
Eilrahc Drib wrote:

Hope that helps

Good luck.

how do i create them?

As in the previous post..... the same way you found Dwayne Casey and release him. If you go to Edit roster, press the bumper to choose the Raptors, once in there press the trigger to see staff, select coach than fire..or edit. :)
Always pay it forward.

Eilrahc Drib
Eilrahc Drib

Postby KoyaM on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:10 am

Eilrahc Drib wrote:
KoyaM wrote:
Eilrahc Drib wrote:
KoyaM wrote:
Eilrahc Drib wrote:

Hope that helps

can it be modded?
Good luck.

how do i create them?

As in the previous post..... the same way you found Dwayne Casey and release him. If you go to Edit roster, press the bumper to choose the Raptors, once in there press the trigger to see staff, select coach than fire..or edit. :)

can it be modded? like change a generic coach to kobe bryant in example?
KoyaM

Postby Eilrahc Drib on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:19 am

Yes it can. If you Kobe Bryant’s CF ID then you can extract/export it via NBA explorer. Then you will need to Chang Kobe’s CF to one of a generic choach. Then upload that to your modded folder.

If there is an easier way...I’m to to sure but that’s how I do it. If you need access to. Cyberface list, or explorer..Check in the downloads section...I will post a link if you need it. I’m just out right now.

Hope that helps

EDIT- Link to Cyberfaces IDs attached - here you can see Kobe Bryant Cyber face and generic coaches cyber faces all you need to do is change the PNG/FACE.iff to PNG/FACE(kobe bryant CF ID).IFF
here is the topic to help with what you are looking for... viewtopic.php?f=236&t=105603

Hope this helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Eilrahc Drib on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always pay it forward.

Eilrahc Drib
Eilrahc Drib

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:52 pm

Eilrahc Drib wrote:Yes it can. If you Kobe Bryant’s CF ID then you can extract/export it via NBA explorer. Then you will need to Chang Kobe’s CF to one of a generic choach. Then upload that to your modded folder.

If there is an easier way...I’m to to sure but that’s how I do it. If you need access to. Cyberface list, or explorer..Check in the downloads section...I will post a link if you need it. I’m just out right now.

Hope that helps

Very nice of you to explain this. I got a question though, If you add Casey to Detroit, will the announcers say his name in game as coach of the Pistons, or will they still say Stan Van Gundy?
Uncle Drew

Postby Eilrahc Drib on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:23 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:
Eilrahc Drib wrote:Yes it can. If you Kobe Bryant’s CF ID then you can extract/export it via NBA explorer. Then you will need to Chang Kobe’s CF to one of a generic choach. Then upload that to your modded folder.

Hope that helps

Very nice of you to explain this. I got a question though, If you add Casey to Detroit, will the announcers say his name in game as coach of the Pistons, or will they still say Stan Van Gundy?

Not entirely sure to be honest. I would imagine that the announcer would say the proper coach. Sorry that I can not provide more information... When I get a chance this week I will will test it and see.
Always pay it forward.

Eilrahc Drib
Eilrahc Drib

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding