【Mr.Star-2k18】Legend Players Cyberfaces Updates~~Oden,Roy,CB4,Yao,Rose,Zero Pre~

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: 【Mr.Star-2k18】Legend Players Cyberfaces Updates~~~

Postby Ovi on Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:49 pm

Dee4Three wrote:Hold up...

I just realized that the OP just created this thread 3 days ago...

And, I remember that this dude did release his work from 2K17 (from memory), he released his Marbury and his other works. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Let's not overreact, this is a new thread.

Nope, he has another thread here, with 40 previews and only 5 releases, the ones everyone hoped he'd release since December, are "soon releasing", i almost get that less than pleasant feeling that he releases his "less than satisfactory" work, and preserves the good ones that heaped him great praise to him self...i know this kind of woeful behavior :scold: , such pity...

Thank you to everyone else though, that are elated by sharing, moving on

His other thread
Re: 【Mr.Star-2k18】37 players cyberface preview~Update Khris Middleton~
Ovi

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:14 pm

Ovi wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:Hold up...

I just realized that the OP just created this thread 3 days ago...

And, I remember that this dude did release his work from 2K17 (from memory), he released his Marbury and his other works. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Let's not overreact, this is a new thread.

Nope, he has another thread here, with 40 previews and only 5 releases, the ones everyone hoped he'd release since December, are "soon releasing", i almost get that less than pleasant feeling that he releases his "less than satisfactory" work, and preserves the good ones that heaped him great praise to him self...i know this kind of woeful behavior :scold: , such pity...

Thank you to everyone else though, that are elated by sharing, moving on

His other thread
Re: 【Mr.Star-2k18】37 players cyberface preview~Update Khris Middleton~

Thanks, I stand corrected. You are right.

I understand why people are frustrated.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Mr.Star on Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:03 am

I'd love to laugh at your sudden attack on me.
I don't know if I wasn't clear enough in my coach's post.
This is just a post with only 4 days.
You attacked me because I did it and didn't publish it?
I've been making patches for 10 years, from live 08s 2k14s 2k16s 2k16s 2k17, I share how many patches.
I'm disappointed will become this way.

If you think I'll just post pictures instead of publishing them.Please leave my post and let it sink.
-Donations are welcome & appreciated!: https://paypal.me/mrstar1996
-Follow me on twitter @Star_Mamba
If I do not reply to the message sent, you can contact my WhatsApp: +65 90567893

You can look at my performance in 2K20. Maybe this album is a bit messy
2K20:https://photos.app.goo.gl/EyKEAnHQwf9HX5uT9
2K20 Customized works:https://photos.app.goo.gl/mDn4nxpUXgiKhpXLA
2K21 Preview:https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z7PDv8bKJKjtfENh7

I will be the highest quality Modder.
Mr.Star

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:07 am

Mr.Star wrote:I'd love to laugh at your sudden attack on me.
I've been making patches for 10 years, from live 08s 2k14s 2k16s 2k16s 2k17, I share how many patches.

If you think I'll just post pictures instead of publishing them.Please leave my post and let it sink.

What about all the other ones on your other thread that have had previews posted for months, with no release?
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Mr.Star on Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:22 am

Dee4Three wrote:

What about all the other ones on your other thread that have had previews posted for months, with no release?

That post I have already posted in China BBS. But because of laziness and I spend more time making patches, I haven't been editing here.This is my falsr. But then something happened that made me sick and I gave up all the covers. Do you know taobao? A Chinese shopping site is similar to amazon. In China, some people take my works published in China BBS and other Chinese authors and some NLSC works for sale. It sounds crazy and disrespectful to the author. I've said it in my coach's post, and I'll post it again. But I need time to edit the post again. Please be patient.
If I do not reply to the message sent, you can contact my WhatsApp: +65 90567893

Mr.Star

Postby sNiPeRkIdD on Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:47 pm

i am still hoping that u'll share ur works, sir. thanks.
sNiPeRkIdD

Postby diamenz on Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:54 pm

Mr.Star wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

That post I have already posted in China BBS. But because of laziness and I spend more time making patches, I haven't been editing here.This is my falsr. But then something happened that made me sick and I gave up all the covers. Do you know taobao? A Chinese shopping site is similar to amazon. In China, some people take my works published in China BBS and other Chinese authors and some NLSC works for sale. It sounds crazy and disrespectful to the author. I've said it in my coach's post, and I'll post it again. But I need time to edit the post again. Please be patient.

but u get why people are doubting you tho, right? u understand what they see in your main thread where previews have been there for months (40 previews and 5 releases, like another poster mentioned), and people directly ask u about a release date and u just... post more previews. it's almost like you're patronizing, or antagonizing them.

look man, when u make quality stuff like yours, people r gonna try to use it to their own advantage. that's just how it goes with anything. it's upsetting, but it's gonna happen unfortunately.
diamenz

Postby sNiPeRkIdD on Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:50 pm

let's not judge the person just because he isn't releasing his work. in the end, it is up to him. i really don't see the point why we have to flood his thread to point out what we already know. he isn't releasing now, maybe it's going to be later or maybe not. we have to be patient because it's his work not ours.
sNiPeRkIdD

Postby cardo on Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:36 pm

Yeah, I agree. People are being rather impatient and disrespectful. Y'all seem to think that modders owe you something. They don't. Stop acting so privileged and entitled. If he wants to release - then he will. But this shaming shit is not cool. I wouldn't give my hard earned work away to people who seem so unappreciative. He's put out an abundance of work through the years. This energy towards him is sans perspective. Sorry but not sorry.
Last edited by cardo on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cardo

Postby Ovi on Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:45 pm

cardo wrote:Yeah, I agree. People are being rather impatient and disrespectful. Y'all seem to think that modders owe you something. They don't. Stop acting so privileged and entitled. If he wants to release - then he will. But this shaming shit is not cool. I wouldn't give my hard earned work away to people seem so unappreciative. He's put out an abundance of work through the years. This energy towards him is sans perspective. Sorry but not sorry.

Noting to do with owing, or being disrespectful, it's communication or lack there of that created this feeling, this is a conversation based platform at the end of the day, majority here appreciate the work, and time people are putting forth into these modifications, and it is rather flattering to have people become impatient and anxious to try a modders work, that means your work is just that good. (Y)

And his CF's are among the best here or any where for that matter, people became anxious when he chose to not reply to their release pleas or give an explanation as to why in more than 4 months, it really didn't have to get here, if had he just made the same effort to reply above, in his thread that has been abandoned.

Again no one here means to be disrespectful to the guy, we were hopping he responded reasonably once in 4months, unfortunately when neither the CFs released or were given an explanation, but instead new threads were opened, it creates frustration.

He said above that it was his fault to have not given an explanation to why he hadn't had any updates in these threads, long story short, we rate his CF's highly and appreciate his effort, and hope he releases them at some point, and if that's not the case for whatever reason we should know that and move on rather than wait "infinitely"
Ovi

Postby diamenz on Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:41 pm

Ovi wrote:
cardo wrote:Yeah, I agree. People are being rather impatient and disrespectful. Y'all seem to think that modders owe you something. They don't. Stop acting so privileged and entitled. If he wants to release - then he will. But this shaming shit is not cool. I wouldn't give my hard earned work away to people seem so unappreciative. He's put out an abundance of work through the years. This energy towards him is sans perspective. Sorry but not sorry.

Noting to do with owing, or being disrespectful, it's communication or lack there of that created this feeling, this is a conversation based platform at the end of the day, majority here appreciate the work, and time people are putting forth into these modifications, and it is rather flattering to have people become impatient and anxious to try a modders work, that means your work is just that good. (Y)

And his CF's are among the best here or any where for that matter, people became anxious when he chose to not reply to their release pleas or give an explanation as to why in more than 4 months, it really didn't have to get here, if had he just made the same effort to reply above, in his thread that has been abandoned.

Again no one here means to be disrespectful to the guy, we were hopping he responded reasonably once in 4months, unfortunately when neither the CFs released or were given an explanation, but instead new threads were opened, it creates frustration.

He said above that it was his fault to have not given an explanation to why he hadn't had any updates in these threads, long story short, we rate his CF's highly and appreciate his effort, and hope he releases them at some point, and if that's not the case for whatever reason we should know that and move on rather than wait "infinitely"

exactly. the argument against him was that he was flaunting his work for his own self gratification. it was a valid point because of his lack of communication and activity. read my post above for more details on that.

the argument wasn't a cry for release or complaints about 'zomgz i want them'. nobody's acting entitled here, cardo.
diamenz

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:28 am

This is your first comment related to sharing of work previewed

Here is your second

Your halfway apology is just that, half of an apology. If I hadn't mentioned the other thread where you have previewed a ton of work but hardly released any, you would have probably kept it at the first comment of "If you think I'll just post pictures instead of publishing them.Please leave my post and let it sink", so that apology doesn't really mean much.

Also, this is the NLSC... not the Chinese forums... that has nothing to do with work previewed here. It doesn't matter if you release everything on the Chinese forums and send out extra goodies at that, it doesn't matter at all. This is where work is previewed, this is where work is flaunted, this is where the work should be released. If you are not going to release it here, don't show previews. Not one person on here would be upset if you weren't showing the previews. And, you know as well as I do that this is an English speaking forum and it even says it in the rules, you know that we all have trouble signing into the Chinese forums, sometimes its impossible. Creating an account is literally near impossible for most of us. So one more time, it doesn't matter what you do on the Chinese forums, this is the NLSC.

by sNiPeRkIdD on Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:50 am

let's not judge the person just because he isn't releasing his work.

by cardo on Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:36 am

Yeah, I agree. People are being rather impatient and disrespectful. Y'all seem to think that modders owe you something. They don't. Stop acting so privileged and entitled. If he wants to release - then he will. But this shaming shit is not cool. I wouldn't give my hard earned work away to people who seem so unappreciative. He's put out an abundance of work through the years. This energy towards him is sans perspective. Sorry but not sorry.

Wrong. It's common courtesy. It's like walking through a door with someone directly behind you, and letting the door slam on them instead of holding it open. You don't owe anything to the person behind you, but that doesn't make you any less of a prick for just letting the door slam on them. The forum is about community, it's about all of us creating/sharing work and ideas that will help with the greater good. The people in the forum have every right to speak up and be frustrated by someone who previews 30-40 works, and releases about 5.... especially when the thread has been out there for a solid 4 months. Again, common courtesy. Another example, if you saw an advertisement for a product you really wanted at a local store, and you walked into that store and they said that the product wasn't available, and they didn't know IF or WHEN it would be available, you would be frustrated. 100% fact, and both of you know it.

I won't use any of his works, 2K18 is a crappy basketball game in my opinion. But that doesn't change the fact that I'm a member of the NLSC and this behavior is not a good example to the rest of the community. I admittedly have taken time to release mods after previews, but I stayed in consistent contact with the forum members on my threads (Updated my threads), and these were also bigger projects (Which ended up getting released), not cyberfaces that were already done and released on other forums (Chinese forums).

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Ovi on Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:11 am

(Y) soundly spot on Dee4Three,

There are always other skilled modders who are filling the void with equally stellar creations

if he cared about sharing he would've just took the easy route and just said my bad on the 4 month delay here are the releases, but instead choosing to circle around the reason, or justify not releasing, seems rather apparent that he is hanging on tight to these releases for whatever motive..

Like i said, i've seen this before in the IOS theming community, pleasure seeking based on exclusivity has been going on since people were hoarding low digit ICQ account numbers in the late 90s....

To each their own, enjoy them, we should all move on from this infinite "wait game" which is leading nowhere
Ovi

Postby imescobarlopez on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:58 pm

Hey Mr. Star, greetings from Chile, the other side of the world.

My question to you is: Why do you care so much about some guy stealing your work? Disrespectful and all you want, yes, there are pirates for every damn thing.

If I'm a suspicious guy, I could just say you're doing the same thing; you're just posting pictures and until you get the files you release them and make them "yours". so how about you shut your doubters up and release all of your works immediately? :D People certainly will not care if they are unfinished. It's a community who would help you to enhance the game experience. Trust me, I release all my work without a single preview. If people like them, awesome, if don't like them, nothing terrible happnes. I'm thankful to have someone who works on another project while I work on mine, and the fact that I can download in less than a minute that project who cost them probably HOURS or DAYS is priceless to me.

If your works are actually yours, here's my advice: Do NOT go to those sites if it makes you feel bad, maybe all my works are there too, I don't know and surely don't care. What I do care about is PLAYING THE GAME and HAVING FUN
IVAN LOPEZ
-------------------------
Retro Modder
Love new stuff as well
For donations: im.escobarlopez@gmail.com
imescobarlopez

Postby PuaJohnny230 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:43 pm

Where is the download link?
PuaJohnny230

Postby PuaJohnny230 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:45 pm

If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below.
PuaJohnny230

Postby Ovi on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:44 am

imescobarlopez wrote:Hey Mr. Star, greetings from Chile, the other side of the world.

My question to you is: Why do you care so much about some guy stealing your work? Disrespectful and all you want, yes, there are pirates for every damn thing.

If I'm a suspicious guy, I could just say you're doing the same thing; you're just posting pictures and until you get the files you release them and make them "yours". so how about you shut your doubters up and release all of your works immediately? :D People certainly will not care if they are unfinished. It's a community who would help you to enhance the game experience. Trust me, I release all my work without a single preview. If people like them, awesome, if don't like them, nothing terrible happnes. I'm thankful to have someone who works on another project while I work on mine, and the fact that I can download in less than a minute that project who cost them probably HOURS or DAYS is priceless to me.

If your works are actually yours, here's my advice: Do NOT go to those sites if it makes you feel bad, maybe all my works are there too, I don't know and surely don't care. What I do care about is PLAYING THE GAME and HAVING FUN

there was never an intent to share then, and now that the jig is up, there is no point to expect a change of heart.

that's practically what it is, he shares 3d photo previews of NBA players, maybe someone with photo shop skills can help convert them into portraits so we can use them :mrgreen:
Ovi

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:48 am

Ovi wrote:
there was never an intent to share then, and now that the jig is up, there is no point to expect a change of heart.

that's practically what it is, he shares 3d photo previews of NBA players, maybe someone with photo shop skills can help convert them into portraits so we can use them :mrgreen:

Your point has been taken. No need to create a hostile community for modding. If you have proof he is intentionally holding mods or have an actual argument, that's one thing, but to just pile it on with the portrait comment isn't benefiting anyone.

Believe me, I want this content as bad as anyone but without proof of these accusations, nothing is gained. If there is proof I'd be the first to join you but for now you're just speculating.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Ovi on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:06 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Ovi wrote:

Your point has been taken. No need to create a hostile community for modding. If you have proof he is intentionally holding mods or have an actual argument, that's one thing, but to just pile it on with the portrait comment isn't benefiting anyone.

Believe me, I want this content as bad as anyone but without proof of these accusations, nothing is gained. If there is proof I'd be the first to join you but for now you're just speculating.

Alright that wasn't my intent, i was making light of a situation that i just find to be trivial, i rest my case :cool: and if it was by all means perceived as piling, my apologies for that
Ovi

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:13 am

endnotedeath wrote:it will be against the rules if I share them if he don't ? :roll:

Do you have the unreleased works? If that's the case, you could always clue the rest of the forum in as to where you were able to download them.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Mr.Star on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:29 pm

I'm sorry I can only release these 11 mod now.

I left China and arrived in Singapore. My current residence is not available for WiFi.

I will release my other works and preview new works as soon as possible.

I did not play the game player to Slide Show.

In 2k18, I made 135 players in mod. I didn't have to go to 40 mod .

On the most important point, China has restrictions on some foreign websites, such as Google, INS, and twitter, and I need some software help to upload images to Imgur and to upload files to mediafire. But the speed of uploading is very slow. So I often get impatient. Similarly, you can download links to Chinese websites and do not understand Chinese characters. I also want to give you the greatest convenience.
I am a student. Making cyberface is my interest. I have been working for many years.

My works are top-ranking in China and the world, and there is no need to prove anything.

I'm going to release them, but I need time.

Please don't have a hostile relationship in my post. It doesn't make any sense.

Thank you for your support.

Mr.Star

Postby cardo on Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:29 pm

Yo! Thank you, man. Your work is rather impressive!
cardo

Postby TGsoGood on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:22 pm

I am glad that you posted the info about China having internet restrictions.

Do you have whatsapp?
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby diamenz on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:31 pm

we appreciate u replying and making things clearer. good luck to you.
diamenz

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding