Stanchion template

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Stanchion template

Postby jk31 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:05 am

Is anybody here that has a template for the stanchion dds files, that are used in the stadium files? I'd like to edit some of them myself, but I honestly don't know where which part of the stanchion ends and the next one begins.
jk31

Re: Stanchion template

Postby ksmiz on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:45 am

Take stanchion_padding_n.fcbfaa587897d98e.dds from the shared folder in archive 0C.

What I do is overlay it as its own layer and change opacity so you can see through it

just make sure you hide it or get rid of the layer when you're done and saving it.

For the correct orientation the best I can say is reference other mods that have been released on here
ksmiz

Postby jk31 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:47 am

Also here: Thanks for your answer! Really helped!
jk31

Postby rdaws on Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:39 am

How do you get rid of the "NBA League Pass" overlay on the bottom stanchion?
rdaws

Postby ksmiz on Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:54 am

rdaws wrote:How do you get rid of the "NBA League Pass" overlay on the bottom stanchion?

I just helped someone else recently here I'll copy my explanation

That was a tricky one when I first started. As you might have found out files with 0 size are in shared which is in 0C archive. (If you need more details on that let me know)

Here you will find 5 variations of that texture. One of those file names will match a file in your stadium. Usually we just blank/make transparent this file so that it gets out of the way. Any stadium mod you download will likely have this already done. 512x256 blank dss with one of those names.
Just replace the 0kb file with the blank .dds and that stadium stancion won't display it.
(You can also throw it into your modded/shared if you wanted to globally blank out every stadium playoffstack with that specific name in the game but I don't think that's what you want.)

These usually display NBA LP but playoffs and conference finals/ finals are in their own layers also.

If you really want the texture you gotta do this to get it out of there

This 2k17 post from TBM should help you out a little too viewtopic.php?f=226&t=102527
ksmiz

Postby rdaws on Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:20 am

ksmiz wrote:
rdaws wrote:How do you get rid of the "NBA League Pass" overlay on the bottom stanchion?

I just helped someone else recently here I'll copy my explanation

Thank you! That did the trick.
rdaws

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding