Can we adjust body types this year?

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Can we adjust body types this year?

Postby Lakerfan79 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:27 pm

I know we could change body length, shoulder width, and arm length in 2k17. I can't seem to find it this year. I hope I'm just blind and its still in the game.

If it isn't in the game anymore is there any way we can mod it with for example CE or anything else? I just can't stand seeing Curry and KD with identical bodies as Lebron and Andre Drummond
Lakerfan79

Re: Can we adjust body types this year?

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:40 pm

I believe the only way to do it is through editing the 3D model. Some functionality was lost from Create/Edit Player, unfortunately.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Abgobryu on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:58 am

On PC, bodies are much more editable outside of 3D editing than they have ever been. Check this thread for reference: viewtopic.php?f=237&t=104167 Just keep in mind that modifying many of those entries won't generate any changes.

Being more specific to what you asked, to change body length, shoulder width and arm length, the values you need to alter are after "spine2.ty", "right/leftArm.ty" and "right/leftHand.ty" respectively. And yes, I didn't mess up on arm/hand there. Additionally, one can modify neck length through the "head.ty" entry or just scale all these body parts together through "right/leftToeBase.ty".

It's also possible to change how the jersey and accessories fit through the THIN/THICK values. As for the "CAP" entries at the bottom of most players' appearance files, none of them have any effect.

How thick body parts are, however, is only editable outside of blender for players that use the default body model. These are the players that only have basic appearance information by default(only 11 appearance entries). For those players, most of which are retired, adding forearm, upperarm, trap, chest, abs, shoulder, hips, thigh or calf entries will change both the model and the accessories or jersey. An example:

Abgobryu

Postby Lakerfan79 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:23 am

Abgobryu wrote:
Being more specific to what you asked, to change body length, shoulder width and arm length, the values you need to alter are after "spine2.ty", "right/leftArm.ty" and "right/leftHand.ty" respectively. And yes, I didn't mess up on arm/hand there. Additionally, one can modify neck length through the "head.ty" entry or just scale all these body parts together through "right/leftToeBase.ty".

[/img]

Where can I edit these values?
Lakerfan79

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding