[Scoreboards] - Lab || ESPN update 2.6 REGULAR, PLAYOFFS, FINALS ||

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Scoreboards] - Laboratory

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:56 am

amazing job guys :applaud:
sticky-fingers

Postby Aston on Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:44 am

Amazing guys! I would create scoreboards or if someone can create this official:

Thanks ^^
Aston
Culture.

Postby Shuajota on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:09 am

Aston2K wrote:Amazing guys! I would create scoreboards or if someone can create this official:

[ Image ]

Thanks ^^

Guys, we are making a great job here, I also like this official scoreboard.
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:45 am

Hey Bongo,

The watermark is off the screen when I play. It looks like it's to far up (I can only see the very bottom of it, rest is off the screen).
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby bongo88 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:39 pm

Dee4Three wrote:Hey Bongo,

The watermark is off the screen when I play. It looks like it's to far up (I can only see the very bottom of it, rest is off the screen).

edit: didn't mean to come off snarky, lol :) it seems the watermark moves around based on both aspect ratio and display resolution. my native resolution is 1440x900 (16:10 Aspect ration) but even other resolutions within the same aspect ration seem to move the watermark randomly. as such, it'd be best if y'all moved it to where you wanted to.

to move it down, there are 4 y-axis float values.
00 08 e8 44
00 08 e8 44
00 f8 f2 44

just subract 100 from each float value... so all values are down 100. or whatever number you choose. just keep them all even going down/up. i had to move it something ridiculoous like plus 800 to move it up, so it might be a large number. if moving left/right.... just add the same value (100, 300, whatever) to the 4 x-axis float values.
Hope that helps :)

y'all gonna have to adjust the watermark to fit your screen/resolution.
open file in hex. best to use hex editor neo free to change collum value and see float. Float is under the data inspector tab/window... dont remember how i got that open in the view settings, perhaps. then use the float value to change the y-axis and x-axis
see below
Last edited by bongo88 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
bongo88

Postby Murat on Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:46 pm

man...
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:51 pm

bongo88 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:Hey Bongo,

y'all gonna have to adjust the watermark to fit your screen/resolution.
open file in hex. best to use hex editor neo free to change collum value and see float. Float is under the data inspector tab/window... dont remember how i got that open in the view settings, perhaps. then use the float value to change the y-axis and x-axis
see below
[ Image ]

No worries, ill give it a try.

Thanks for all the help!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby bongo88 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:20 am

espn scoreboard for 2k18/2k17
credit to dirtydraw fro an excellent espn texture
also credit exrxixxx for original nbav6 hexwork/textures and general tips

3 scoreboards occured as i was making it. with different fonts/placement. i just uploaded all three since they were all on desktop. i prefer the bottom one, myself.
anyways, enjoy

espn scoreboard nba2k18/2k17

bongo88

Postby bongo88 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:25 am

here is my notes about scoreboard making. incase anybody else wants to learn. hope exrxixxx come back with more tips.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwyBK ... DdHQnV2MUE
bongo88

Postby dirtydraw on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:38 am

Mr Bongo, thank you for your great work. Mr, exrxixxx, thank you, too. Nice to have guys like you around here, who are making the game expirience better. I like it :)
dirtydraw
Bulls Fanatic

Postby Shuajota on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:57 am

Thanks a lot for this guys!! :applaud: :applaud:
Shuajota

Postby dirtydraw on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:16 am

I have one more thing for you. Mr. Bongo gave me an newscorebug.iff file without team logos, team colors and team names. What I did is this:
I create teamlogo-color-name graphics for ecery team. and now its an manual thing.

THIS IS THE RESULT

here for bulls and grizzlies. Before you start a game, you have to know which teams are playing against each other. then open the newscorebug file via zip, Put the team-color-logo-graphics for thos etwo teams into the "clean" black ESPN and zip it back, make it to .iff file and put it into the modded folder. So, it is a manual thing, before you start a game, you have to know, which two teams are playing against eacdh other. then your unpack the scoreboard file copy my teamlogos into the newscorebug.iff (t_Scorebug.......... .dds) and then you have this effect. I know its a little bit work before you start a game :)

And these are the logos. I have them of course as on-logo-one file. this is only an overviews (I did that for last seasons ESPN board and will update the logo-blocks the next days.

I will upload the logos the next days:

the "clean" scoreboard file (WITH BIG CREDITS TO Mr. BONOGO and exrxixxx) is attached. just rename the newscorebug.zip to newscorebug.iff ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dirtydraw
Bulls Fanatic

Postby Lifecns on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:50 am

dirtydraw wrote:I have one more thing for you. Mr. Bongo gave me an newscorebug.iff file without team logos, team colors and team names. What I did is this:
I create teamlogo-color-name graphics for ecery team. and now its an manual thing.

THIS IS THE RESULT
[ Image ]

here for bulls and grizzlies. Before you start a game, you have to know which teams are playing against each other. then open the newscorebug file via zip, Put the team-color-logo-graphics for thos etwo teams into the "clean" black ESPN and zip it back, make it to .iff file and put it into the modded folder. So, it is a manual thing, before you start a game, you have to know, which two teams are playing against eacdh other. then your unpack the scoreboard file copy my teamlogos into the newscorebug.iff (t_Scorebug.......... .dds) and then you have this effect. I know its a little bit work before you start a game :)

And these are the logos. I have them of course as on-logo-one file. this is only an overviews (I did that for last seasons ESPN board and will update the logo-blocks the next days.

[ Image ]

I will upload the logos the next days:

the "clean" scoreboard file (WITH BIG CREDITS TO Mr. BONOGO and exrxixxx) is attached. just rename the newscorebug.zip to newscorebug.iff ;)

What about Expansion teams? Will the scoreboard still work?

Mediocrity is odd to me...:twisted:
Lifecns

Re: [Scoreboards] - Laboratory ESPN v 1.0 RELEASED

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:38 am

Just a suggestion.

You guys should put your releases on the first post on the first page. Lurkers and board members in general will have to search both pages (and others when this thread keeps getting more comments) in order to find the links for the scoreboards. Just makes it much easier for people if it's on the first page and post.

For example, the NBA on NBC one is already released, as well as ESPN V.1.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Manni Live on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:58 pm

exrxixxx Bongo and DirtyDraw i really appreciate the efforts made by you guys in this thread thanks a ton for the work and info (Y)

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby TBM on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:32 pm

Why can't you just have all the logos installed at once like 2K14?
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Re: [Scoreboards] - Laboratory | ESPN v 1.0 RELEASED | NBA on NBC v1.0 RELEASED

Postby dirtydraw on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:10 pm

@TBM: Till know we dont know how to change the team logos like in 2k14. If anyone has an idea, please help.

@Dee4Three: Thank you for the advice. I put know all releases in the first post of this thread and will do it also for the following releases.

Have a nice day guys
dirtydraw
Bulls Fanatic

Re: [Scoreboards] - Laboratory ESPN v 1.0 RELEASED | NBA on NBC v1.0 RELEASED

Postby Shuajota on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:32 pm

Guys, a quick question. Could I put a tv channel logo at the top right of the screen? For example for my euro mod I would like to put "Movistar Deportes" logo or something like that.
Thank you!
Shuajota

Postby ilja23mia on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Nice work dude cant wait for the Logos!
Do u plan on making tsn or foxsports like scoreboard?
Miami Heat All DAY
ilja23mia

Postby kokojam on Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:09 am

what save nba on nbc scoreboard? :o
kokojam

Postby bongo88 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:07 am

Shuajota wrote:Guys, a quick question. Could I put a tv channel logo at the top right of the screen? For example for my euro mod I would like to put "Movistar Deportes" logo or something like that.
Thank you!

you could replace the watermark texture to any tv channel logo. then move the watermark to the right of the screen by adding 100, or 300 or 500 or whatever to the x-axis float values. just follow the guide listed earlier in the thread.
bongo88

Postby mariosk1 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:17 am

Shuajota wrote:Guys, a quick question. Could I put a tv channel logo at the top right of the screen? For example for my euro mod I would like to put "Movistar Deportes" logo or something like that.
Thank you!

mariosk1

Postby dirtydraw on Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:25 am

ilja23mia wrote:Nice work dude cant wait for the Logos!
Do u plan on making tsn or foxsports like scoreboard?

maybe after ESPN is finished.
dirtydraw
Bulls Fanatic

Postby bongo88 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:42 am

I widened the logos a little bit, so they are more proportioned. link below.

link to widened scoreboards for 2k18/2k17 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwyBK ... lhud2VJRHM
link to 3d logos renamed: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwyBK ... HE2eVhBX2s

also, if you rename the 3d logos/3d mirror logos to the 2d logo names (logo004_3d... renamed to logo004), then they will be in place of all the 2d logos in the game.

anyways, they work in the scoreboards, and they can be scaled as large or small as you want.
the espn scoreboard is a bit plain for them, i think they're super fancy. they'd be great centerpieces to a custom scoreboard. Especially since they can be scaled as large as you want.
either vertical or horizontal scoreboard would work if built around them. a quick example... https://s1.postimg.org/1dx5dhtg8f/scoreboard1.jpg that scoreboard would look great with 3d logos. or a custom one that somebody draws up.
Anyways, i'm horrible with texture work, but if somebody in the coummunity makes up a scoreboard mockup revolving around the 3d logos, and posts a scoreboard background texture, then its something we could work on.
sadly, there is no way to gaurantee the away team with the 3d angle, and the home team with the 3dmirror angle, thus achieving perfect symmetry, but they still could be good with proper scale/placement/ background design implementation.
something to think about.

bongo88

Postby TBM on Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:49 pm

Is there any way to get the turnover stuff at the bottom of each teams rectangle like in real life and to fix the positioning of the scores (they're too high)?
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding