2001-02 Roster - New Preview Video by Shady00018

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: 2001-02 Roster (In Progress)

Postby maumau78 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:29 pm

seaboh13 wrote:
maumau78 wrote:
seaboh13 wrote:Ok guys, so I have been busy with work the last few weeks. However I now have the following done:

All contracts accurate as of 2001-02 season. All remaining years are set to $0. I will work my way to add in 2002-03 contracts so Free Agency is somewhat realistic. At the moment all players will be free agents at season end.

I have almost finished the Clippers roster now too.

Next job is correct ages (within reason) and years pro for every player.

Still have some ratings work and cyberfaces etc to do. Have added a few more coaches (Mostly with Generic Faces - Will look at adding existing cyberfaces if possible later) I haven't really gone near rotations yet.

Just a shout out for help here, if anyone can do some work with cheat engine to assign existing retro jerseys to each possible team, pm me please. Would be nice to preview players with the correct uniforms if they are in game.

Thanks.

Great :applaud:

I've released a BIG update:
viewtopic.php?f=236&t=105284

Maybe you want to use some of teh resources in your Project...

Excellent thanks maumau! I will integrate what I can! By the way, do you assign the uniforms for your retro team by yourself with cheat engine is it?

Yes i use CE
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby RMJH4 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:18 am

maumau78 wrote:
seaboh13 wrote:
maumau78 wrote:
seaboh13 wrote:Ok guys, so I have been busy with work the last few weeks. However I now have the following done:

All contracts accurate as of 2001-02 season. All remaining years are set to $0. I will work my way to add in 2002-03 contracts so Free Agency is somewhat realistic. At the moment all players will be free agents at season end.

Still have some ratings work and cyberfaces etc to do. Have added a few more coaches (Mostly with Generic Faces - Will look at adding existing cyberfaces if possible later) I haven't really gone near rotations yet.

Just a shout out for help here, if anyone can do some work with cheat engine to assign existing retro jerseys to each possible team, pm me please. Would be nice to preview players with the correct uniforms if they are in game.

Thanks.

Excellent thanks maumau! I will integrate what I can! By the way, do you assign the uniforms for your retro team by yourself with cheat engine is it?

Yes i use CE

Just sat through TGsoGoods tutorials, and downloaded the cheat table. But it appears this version doesn't work with latest steam update of the game!!☹
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Postby maumau78 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:20 am

seaboh13 wrote:
maumau78 wrote:
seaboh13 wrote:
maumau78 wrote:

Thanks.

Yes i use CE

Just sat through TGsoGoods tutorials, and downloaded the cheat table. But it appears this version doesn't work with latest steam update of the game!!☹

I use 1.04 exe with those tables
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby KyotoCarl on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:57 am

This looks very promising! I've totally missed this thread!

I'm a fan of Mau78's Retro roster.
Does this include correct courts and jerseys as well? is it usuable in MyLeague?
KyotoCarl

Postby RMJH4 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:41 pm

KyotoCarl wrote:This looks very promising! I've totally missed this thread!

I'm a fan of Mau78's Retro roster.
Does this include correct courts and jerseys as well? is it usuable in MyLeague?

I'm just doing the roster so far. Eventually if I can get cheat engine to work ill do as many jerseys and courts as possible. It is my league compatible. Just simmed a full season last night to try a few things out. Only glitch was Knicks beat Rockets in finals! Kings and Lakers lost Western Semis! Wizards finished 37-45 which is exactly what they had in real life.Jordan missed about 40 games with a knee injury too! I haven't really done ratings yet so I'm happy how its shaping up so far. Ive edited ages and yrs pro from the wizards back to magic. So in rookie report we have the correct guys for those teams so far. Gasol wins rookie of the year, so again right on point!
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

First Preview

Postby RMJH4 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:01 pm

First Preview of Roster

Jordan vs Newly Relocated Memphis Grizzlies

Jordan vs 76ers and Iverson

As you can see I've decided to have a go assigning Jerseys and Courts to teams. This is not possible for all teams but I will do my best. Thanks to MauMau to all his base files etc. There are some included in this preview. I have run into a few issues like badly coloured jersey numbers on the 6ers as you can see.

Will keep working my way through the roster again now. Needed to play some games with Jordan and the Wizards first to keep me motivated!

You can check out the roster progress as is. Some files and jerseys will not show up as you will need a Modded folder which I am still compiling. I will give full credit to anyone I gain permission from to use their work.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Re: 2001-02 Roster - Big Update!

Postby RMJH4 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:59 pm

Have updated OP.

So big news I have completed the following:

All Rosters filled with 12 players.
All player ages correct.
Yrs Pro correct (Apart from Rookie - Sophomore, game limitations).
Correct Rookies.
Correct Sophomores.
Vitals Correct.
All 2001-02 Contracts are correct.
All head coaches named correctly, where real ones can be added they have been.
MyLeague Compatible.

To be completed:
Ratings adjustment for all teams. About 50% complete so far.
2002-03 and 2003-04 contracts to be added.
Rotations.
Cyberface lookalikes for Head Coaches.
Playbook assignments where possible.
Add retro courts from in game files.
Add retro courts from various creators.
Add retro logos from various creators.
Rename teams such as Nets, Thunder and Pelicans.

The roster is now very playable as it stands. Obviously ratings and rotations are still a major part of gameplay. Likewise I may need to make a settings file for the Mid Range and Post heavy early 00's.

You can try it out in MyLeague now, and see what way the season plays out. Any feedback is welcome.

Again as mentioned in OP, please download maumau78's roster mod and install in your modded folder. A lot of the files I used are in there. http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=236&t=105284

Anyone who is interested in helping me assign jerseys, courts, logos etc, please PM me. I don't really know how to use cheat engine so I am looking around for other options here.

Also another thing to look at is the 2002 Draft Class. I have the bare bones of one made, but an accurate one for 02 and 03 onwards would mean this can be used to play MyLeague deeper.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Postby RMJH4 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:53 am

So I hope to add a link to the retro courts from in-game soon. These can be put into your modded folder.
Again maumau78's newest pack is essential for this roster. I am still combining any other cyberfaces that are advisable to use.

Most of the uniforms needed for this season are already in game. However in maumau78's roster, we discovered he reassigned some uniforms to his classic teams.As such they are not available to use for the current NBA teams. I am currently compiling a list of what uniforms to use for each team. Until I can get cheat engine to work with my version of the game, I cannot reassign the year specific uniforms to each teams association and icon version's.

Again a shout out to anyone who can help me on this stuff please.

Also loooking for any ideas or feedback on this roster. After working on this since February, I kind of thought there would be a little bit of interest, but so far there seems to be little to none! Either way, I wanted this roster so thought I'd share my work with the community.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Re: 2001-02 Roster - Jersey Update + Help Requested

Postby RMJH4 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:38 am

Link to download season specific floors:

2001-02 Arena Floors

Bucks, Clippers, Grizzlies, Sonics and Wizards floor are all from maumau78's download pack, I just renamed them. Bobcats floor (now assigned to Pelicans) is made by PickmansModel and is from 2K18 Downloads section. I'm 90% certain all the rest were already in game, I will double and treble check this. I extracted them with 2k18 explorer, then renamed them to replace each team's court.

I am still missing a Cavs and Hawks court from 2001-02. Have not found one of these yet. Any help here in sourcing or creating them would be appreciated. The Bobcats court is also from 2014-15 and I added it to match the Bobcats Uni's in game already. I would like a 2004-05 Bobcats court, but for the moment this will do. The Pelicans are only a placeholder full of generics until the 2004-05 season anyway.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Postby maumau78 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:46 pm

seaboh13 wrote:Have updated OP.

So big news I have completed the following:

All Rosters filled with 12 players.
All player ages correct.
Yrs Pro correct (Apart from Rookie - Sophomore, game limitations).
Correct Rookies.
Correct Sophomores.
Vitals Correct.
All 2001-02 Contracts are correct.
All head coaches named correctly, where real ones can be added they have been.
MyLeague Compatible.

To be completed:
Ratings adjustment for all teams. About 50% complete so far.
2002-03 and 2003-04 contracts to be added.
Rotations.
Cyberface lookalikes for Head Coaches.
Playbook assignments where possible.
Add retro courts from in game files.
Add retro courts from various creators.
Add retro logos from various creators.
Rename teams such as Nets, Thunder and Pelicans.

The roster is now very playable as it stands. Obviously ratings and rotations are still a major part of gameplay. Likewise I may need to make a settings file for the Mid Range and Post heavy early 00's.

You can try it out in MyLeague now, and see what way the season plays out. Any feedback is welcome.

Again as mentioned in OP, please download maumau78's roster mod and install in your modded folder. A lot of the files I used are in there. http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=236&t=105284

Anyone who is interested in helping me assign jerseys, courts, logos etc, please PM me. I don't really know how to use cheat engine so I am looking around for other options here.

Also another thing to look at is the 2002 Draft Class. I have the bare bones of one made, but an accurate one for 02 and 03 onwards would mean this can be used to play MyLeague deeper.

I saw your PM's But I'd like to reply here becouse this can be useful for also other modders:

- Every team has a GID...don't change this for any reason
- Every team has a EXTRA GID....you can change this

- Let's say you don't want NIKE for Knicks but you want them to use a retro jersey.......just go to Nike Jersey in Jersey Table and put a 998 or 999 to GID value

- Keep the GID 14 just for the retro jersey you want to show up for retro teams

Hope this helps
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

New Updates: Uniforms and Logos.

Postby RMJH4 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:56 pm

Ok for anyone who has been following or downloading this roster:

New updates:

Big shout out to Maumau78 on helping me get cheat engine up and running for edits.

Renamed Brooklyn Nets to New Jersey Nets.
Renamed New Orleans Pelicans to Charlotte Bobcats
Renamed OKC Thunder to Seattle Supersonics.

About 90% complete on assigning correct season specific uniforms for all teams. As such now accessories will match correctly.
-Having some trouble with Bucks at the moment, game may crash in play now if you try to use uniforms, so just avoid Bucks for now.

About 90% complete on assigning correct season specific team logos.
- Sonics Logo is the 96 one. Trying to locate the correct one in game if possible.
- Cavs one is early 90's one.
- Grizzlies and Hawks are current logo's still.

Edited all arena names.

Also just starting to edit 2002-03 contracts. Have done a trial season sim with the Wizards contracts correct for first two season.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Re: 2001-02 Roster - Arena Floors Pack, Uniforms and Logos Assigned

Postby waynecoop on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:46 am

Amazing job with this roster! Did you guys get the latest patch to work with Cheat engine to change jerseys and courts?
waynecoop

Postby RMJH4 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:03 am

waynecoop wrote:Amazing job with this roster! Did you guys get the latest patch to work with Cheat engine to change jerseys and courts?

Thanks man, got it working alright. Good to see some interested people!!
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Postby RMJH4 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:05 am

Figured out a fix for Bucks Uniforms. Not sure if anyone else is getting it or I just deleted some things by mistake!

Anyways,

You will need PeacemanNOT's Bucks Uniforms. Drop these straight into your modded folder. That should fix the Bucks uniform problem. Here is a link to his download page on NLSC.

PeacemanNot's 1996-97 Bucks Uniforms

Great work on these PeacemanNOT.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Postby maumau78 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:35 pm

Great Work so far :applaud:

I will provide Hawks and Cavs floor soon....
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby RMJH4 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:13 pm

maumau78 wrote:Great Work so far :applaud:

I will provide Hawks and Cavs floor soon....

Excellent thanks Maumau... will really finish off the look of the game. Im busy working on contracts for 02-03 at the moment.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Another Update

Postby RMJH4 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:50 am

Another update:

All 2002-03 contracts are correct.
2002 Free Agency will be accurate.
2001-02 Game Settings File. (seaboh on Steam)
Partial 2002 Draft Class (seaboh on Steam)
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Re: 2001-02 Roster - 02/03 Contracts, Gameplay Settings.

Postby KyotoCarl on Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:09 am

Great mod! Tried a couple of games and it feels great!
One thing though; the Wizards seem to have the christimas jerseys as their default jerseys, so you need to manually choose the correct jersey every game.
I downloaded and installed us so don't think it's something on my end. Anyone else had this problem?
KyotoCarl

Postby avetru on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:14 am

Thank you for this! 2002 was when I first started getting in to basketball so this will be super nostalgic!
avetru

Postby avetru on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:28 pm

Hey just a couple things I noticed, lorenzen wright on the grizzlies and emmanual Davis on the hawks are both white players in the roster. Joe Johnson was on the Celtics his rookie season not the suns. Patrick Ewing was #6 on the magic. Amazing job though! Played a few games and they were great
avetru

Postby RMJH4 on Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:08 pm

KyotoCarl wrote:Great mod! Tried a couple of games and it feels great!
One thing though; the Wizards seem to have the christimas jerseys as their default jerseys, so you need to manually choose the correct jersey every game.
I downloaded and installed us so don't think it's something on my end. Anyone else had this problem?

Yeah I will get working on it, just overlooked this one! Thanks on the feedback. Have made a few changes to playbooks and playstyles now.

avetru wrote:Thank you for this! 2002 was when I first started getting in to basketball so this will be super nostalgic!

You're welcome! Playing a full season with it right now and have noticed a few things i've overlooked!

avetru wrote:Hey just a couple things I noticed, lorenzen wright on the grizzlies and emmanual Davis on the hawks are both white players in the roster. Joe Johnson was on the Celtics his rookie season not the suns. Patrick Ewing was #6 on the magic. Amazing job though! Played a few games and they were great

Yep, will get onto this, have spotted a few more things aswell! Ran a whole season and have a list of errors and things i've overlooked. Will get it sorted over next few days. (Y)
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Postby Kevin on Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:38 pm

Can't wait to try this mod out after it gets ironed out! :applaud:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby avetru on Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:59 am

I don't know if you've used these cyberfaces already but this link has some good faces.

https://www.nba-live.com/forums/viewtop ... 17&start=0

Specifically there he has a jermaine O'Neal cyberface with cornrows that would be good for this roster.
avetru

Postby RMJH4 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:55 am

Hi guys, been away for some time. Some of you may know Shady00018. I pm'ed him a few weeks ago about my roster. He had started using it to make some videos. Check it out.
phpBB [video]
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Postby RMJH4 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:32 am

Ok have finally managed to make a few changes:

Emmanuel Davis Lookalike
Lorenzen Wright Lookalike

These are not ideal, if anyone has found better one's let me know.

Joe Johnson back on Celtics with #31
Ewing on Magic #6
Jalen Rose back on Pacers
Ron Artest and Kevin Ollie back on Bulls

Still some rating work to be done and playbook/playstyles.

Have been playing through a full season and rookies and sophomores years pro don't seem to be consistently following through from the roster. Don't know why.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding