A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: 【Awei1121】—The Best cyberfaces release!!!

Postby imescobarlopez on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:19 am

Okay cool :)
IVAN LOPEZ
-------------------------
Retro Modder
Love new stuff as well
For donations: im.escobarlopez@gmail.com
imescobarlopez

Postby Kyrie-swerving on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:46 am

New to this forum, but I read this page, and i don't understand why there is drama, Awei1121 said he will share his previously paid faces for free, and is opting for more support donation approach instead, that's good from him. (Y)

No need to turn this into argument for no reason, we all just trying to enjoy the game here, it's a game nothing serious friends

Awei1121, great cyber faces thank you for sharing and we wait for other faces to be released :D
Kyrie-swerving

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:28 am

Kyrie-swerving wrote:New to this forum, but I read this page, and i don't understand why there is drama, Awei1121 said he will share his previously paid faces for free, and is opting for more support donation approach instead, that's good from him. (Y)

No need to turn this into argument for no reason, we all just trying to enjoy the game here, it's a game nothing serious friends

Awei1121, great cyber faces thank you for sharing and we wait for other faces to be released :D

Again, it wasn't turning it into an argument for no reason. He mentioned that he sells his faces on a Chinese forum for 0.15 cents a pop, which rubs people the wrong way, and is not acceptable in this community. Not one person in here questioned the modders ability to create great mods, and not one person accused him of selling mods here on NLSC. And the "It's a game" argument holds no ground, because that statement minimizes community standards and policies. Certain things are illegal (Like charging for mods), and other practices are downright disrespectful, like stealing mods/sharing as the persons own even though they didn't create the original work.

This comment is flat out not true:

we all just trying to enjoy the game here

No, many who steal work, charge for mods, show previews without releasing, are actually not just trying to enjoy the game. They are showboating for self gratification, for an ego boost. When stealing work, they are also looking to gain income (selfish reasons) at any rate possible, which is a selfish act and has absolutely nothing to do with just "Trying to enjoy the game".

I am all set with this modder, as he hasn't pulled anything shady at the NLSC (Other than admitting to selling mods on Chinese forums). He releases his work on here, he seems to have good intentions. But don't minimize the seriousness of others complaints, just because the act doesn't bother you specifically. People have a right to speak up.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:39 am

Dee4Three wrote:
white-choco55 wrote:PS: That move of your avatar was pure genius :D

Thanks!

Huge Jason Williams fan here, one of the most underrated players of all time IMO. Maybe the best handles/flashy passer in NBA History. Chris Webber even said that Jason Williams had the best handles he ever saw.

J Will was a smaller version of the original, "Pistol Pete" Maravich. Loved watching them both.
Uncle Drew

Postby Ray4Three0906 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:28 am

Selling CFs in Chinese forums but free sharing here? Dude what's your point man? What is this double standard?
Chinese modding community is so fked up currently cuz of guys like him. Only very few modders (mostly the OGs like MLLR & Mr.Star & Shasha) now have the motivation to make free mods (they are the real heros).
Awei was one of my fav modders at the beginning, his T-Mac was super on point. But ever since he started selling his work, they have been retrogressing so hard, like his Kwahi was like 200% worse than the original one.
He realized that he didn't have to try that hard to make profits.
Ray4Three0906

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:02 am

Ray4Three0906 wrote:Selling CFs in Chinese forums but free sharing here? Dude what's your point man? What is this double standard?
Chinese modding community is so fked up currently cuz of guys like him. Only very few modders (mostly the OGs like MLLR & Mr.Star & Shasha) now have the motivation to make free mods (they are the real heros).
Awei was one of my fav modders at the beginning, his T-Mac was super on point. But ever since he started selling his work, they have been retrogressing so hard, like his Kwahi was like 200% worse than the original one.
He realized that he didn't have to try that hard to make profits.

My point is, he hasn't bent the rules here.

I've already stated how I felt and many in the community feel about the actions that took place on the Chinese Forums, and how they feel about the mentioning of charging 0.15 cents for his mods.

I am absolutely against his actions in the Chinese forum, and any of those actions that take place here. But, we are on the NLSC, and he hasn't broken any rules here yet.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kyrie-swerving on Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:06 pm

Seems fair, so if he didn't break the rules, can you resume posting your CFs Awei1121? :twisted: we are waiting
Kyrie-swerving

Postby Rodzilla91 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:33 pm

Never understood why people sell CFs knowing it isnt their property.
Rodzilla91

Postby Kyrie-swerving on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:56 pm

Rodzilla91 wrote:Never understood why people sell CFs knowing it isnt their property.

There is considerable amount of effort that goes into making them, i tried my luck with it, knowing im fairly decent at photoshop, so blender shouldn't be a tough mountain to climb, but the process is fairly long, get the files extract it with 7zip load it into explorer find the right face or body file, then move to blender...i got low attention span for that, i loose interest real quick, so i gave up, if the stages were lesser to loading the file into Blender i probably would've made faces too last year..but i got frustrated.

So there is effort, there is no denying it, i just think like one poster alluded in the last page, the donation road as means of reward and support seems more reasonable than selling outright, it is like photoshop photo touching, people do pay for that service, whether or not the original content belongs to the photoshop user.

and he chose to release his CF's for free here, whether he posted them for money or not in other places is really irrelevant
Kyrie-swerving

Postby Rodzilla91 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:35 pm

Kyrie-swerving wrote:
Rodzilla91 wrote:Never understood why people sell CFs knowing it isnt their property.

There is considerable amount of effort that goes into making them, i tried my luck with it, knowing im fairly decent at photoshop, so blender shouldn't be a tough mountain to climb, but the process is fairly long, get the files extract it with 7zip load it into explorer find the right face or body file, then move to blender...i got low attention span for that, i loose interest real quick, so i gave up, if the stages were lesser to loading the file into Blender i probably would've made faces too last year..but i got frustrated.

So there is effort, there is no denying it, i just think like one poster alluded in the last page, the donation road as means of reward and support seems more reasonable than selling outright, it is like photoshop photo touching, people do pay for that service, whether or not the original content belongs to the photoshop user.

and he chose to release his CF's for free here, whether he posted them for money or not in other places is really irrelevant

But my point is that it's not their property lol. I have made personal CFs for myself thru last gen and next gen and I know the amount of work and time and testing that goes through doing that, but when you start charging for cyberfaces you not only are doing something illegal, but you will be shunned by the entire modding community. Donations are understandable because it's not required, and motivates them, but what's the point in selling it? Especially when a customer could just leak the file and then everyone will have it.

And for whether or not it's relevant, it's a blemish on the entire modding community. People who still make & charge work for NBA 2k14, a game released 5 years ago, have a huge inflated ego because they make work for a game so graphically outdated compared to later releases.

If you want to take credit and sell stuff that isn't yours, feel free.
Rodzilla91

Postby Kyrie-swerving on Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:02 pm

Rodzilla91 wrote:
Kyrie-swerving wrote:

If you want to take credit and sell stuff that isn't yours, feel free.

I don't understand this narrative at all, i'm frequent at Devianart, behance and other illustration and photo editing sites, and you have many people who sell art that is basically "Photo-manipulation" taking "stock" photos and editing them to their liking, cutting, stitching and what not, is it ethical? whose to know

i think if you put effort into something, we are not talking about right and wrong, ethical or not, but if you put work into something, you can claim reward, whether it is outright pricing or donation that is a matter of preference.

an example perhaps is Car Modifying shops, are they not entitled for reward if they put in work and effort to paint, or modify your car? considering that is your car at the end of the day?

Look from my prospective it's a matter of personal preference not a matter of ethics, whether the person chooses to be kind enough to give his modified work for free or charge a "symbolic" fee as the poster noted, post the CF on multiple ad sites, or just preferred to add a Donation tab to his work, at the end of the day, you and the modifer choose the ethics meter that either drives you to gladly pay or gladly reject paying, gladly download it or not

The guy said he is posting his work "Here" for free, whats the problem, why the unnecessary quarreling about his past endeavors on other sites, is this the sub-chinese forum? or site he posted his previous work in?

Let the guy post, and if he deviates from this sites rules, then give him an ethics lesson otherwise let's move on, this falls into the category of making a mountain out of a molehill
Kyrie-swerving

Postby Rodzilla91 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:31 pm

Kyrie-swerving wrote:snip

He can post his work here for free all he wants, but just because he does that does not mean he's just excused to sell his mods on other sites, he's still going to get shamed for it. And what kind of comparison is that? How are you going to compare a mod for a game to a car? They are both different in just about every way, the only point you were making was that it is legal for car shops to modify your car, bypassing the higher up of it. I don't understand why you're defending him for what he's doing. I get that he's releasing his work for free on THIS site but that still doesn't detract from the point that he is still asking for money for work that isn't legal to sell.

They're great faces, but I don't have to kiss up to him and not shun him for making others pay for it.

From what I would think, it's illegal to consider it as your work and to sell it as is, but I don't see 2K doing anything about it anytime soon, and the same goes for deviantart and the people on there. Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should.
Rodzilla91

Postby Kyrie-swerving on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:01 pm

Rodzilla91 wrote:

He can post his work here for free all he wants, but just because he does that does not mean he's just excused to sell his mods on other sites, he's still going to get shamed for it. And what kind of comparison is that? How are you going to compare a mod for a game to a car? They are both different in just about every way, the only point you were making was that it is legal for car shops to modify your car, bypassing the higher up of it. I don't understand why you're defending him for what he's doing. I get that he's releasing his work for free on THIS site but that still doesn't detract from the point that he is still asking for money for work that isn't legal to sell.

They're great faces, but I don't have to kiss up to him and not shun him for making others pay for it.

From what I would think, it's illegal to consider it 100% your work and to sell it as is, but I don't see 2K doing anything about it anytime soon, and the same goes for deviantart and the people on there. Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should.

You've taken the what was rather a respectable debate, and twisted to fit your argument, kiss up to him!, for CF's, :facepalm2: , all i'm saying why give the lad an ethics lesson about something he did elsewhere, it is a grey area, there are no rulebooks or laws that says you can or can't sell a cyber face if you wanted to or whether its legal or illegal, show me that book and ill side with you, and if there was such book here on this site, he did not break it's rules, so as it remains, they are just personal opinions, flawed, and up for debate, which i was doing!

Want to shame him? for what? charging for his work?, i see many others who enjoy blue balling members by posting previews for months without releasing anything, i think they are more worthy of shaming, than someone who tells you outright "you want my work, pay for it"

I'll just leave it at that
Last edited by Kyrie-swerving on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyrie-swerving

Postby Rodzilla91 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:11 pm

From someone who has been in multiple groups on FB dedicated to sharing mods for NBA 2k games, kissing up to people is not an uncommon trend in them.

Totalrebound (I forget his real name), who posted on here several times blue balling people of his "nanotech" global had posted on one of those groups, and many members of it were kissing up to him for him to release it, even as far as commenting on his profile asking him to reply. I know that that isn't the NLSC, but for the modding community as a whole it is definitely a lower point. People are treating their mods like a sacred gem, and hanging them over the consumer's head.

I'm really not that worried about someone making people pay for their mods. I think it's just wrong, at this point we don't know if it is 100% illegal because 2K does not acknowledge modding, but they are taking resources from a game and slightly tweaking it and selling it as their precious work.

Do you REALLY think I'm defending people blue balling others by just showing previews? That was not even relevant to my argument.
Rodzilla91

Postby Kyrie-swerving on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Rodzilla91 wrote:From someone who has been in multiple groups on FB dedicated to sharing mods for NBA 2k games, kissing up to people is not an uncommon trend in them.

Totalrebound (I forget his real name), who posted on here several times blue balling people of his "nanotech" global had posted on one of those groups, and many members of it were kissing up to him for him to release it, even as far as commenting on his profile asking him to reply. I know that that isn't the NLSC, but for the modding community as a whole it is definitely a lower point. People are treating their mods like a sacred gem.

I'm really not that worried about someone making people pay for their mods. I think it's just wrong, at this point we don't know if it is 100% illegal because 2K does not acknowledge modding, but they are taking resources from a game and slightly tweaking it and selling it as their precious work.

forget about the guy and his cyberfaces, whether they are good or not, sure i like many others are excited by these releases cyberfaces and other mods by members of this community to upgrade the game.

my response was directed at something i just couldn't understand the basis of, if he sold his stuff elsewhere in some chinese forum, what exactly does it have to do with anything related to his contributions on NLSC? that's all i asked and as it stands = no reasonable answer, just overreactions and suspect opinions.

Didn't the chinese site allow him to sell his work, did he break it's rules, did 2k release an updated policy explaining it's stance on people who sell cyberfaces, balls, stadiums and jersey modifications...
Kyrie-swerving

Postby Rodzilla91 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:24 pm

My argument won't resonate with you, so I'll just stop trying to get you to understand my point of view. As far as the chinese forums he advertises his work on. I don't know exactly off the top of my head what he sells the mods on, but ali213 supports piracy as far as I know, so if he advertises selling mods on ali213, then I'm not really surprised no action has been taken on there. I'm sure he knows that that doesn't fly on the NLSC so he decided to share his mods for free.
Rodzilla91

Postby Kyrie-swerving on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:38 pm

Rodzilla91 wrote:

My argument won't resonate with you, so I'll just stop trying to get you to understand my point of view. As far as the chinese forums he advertises his work on. I don't know exactly off the top of my head what he sells the mods on, but ali213 supports piracy as far as I know, so if he advertises selling mods on ali213, then I'm not really surprised no action has been taken on there. I'm sure he knows that that doesn't fly on the NLSC so he decided to share his mods for free.

No biggie, i think the guy left his thread anyways from all the negative responses, one guy told him to learn english for gods sake, so great let's celebrate this grandiose moral victory haha :mrgreen:

in gist think it's alright, and shouldn't draw that much of a negative of response if someone tells you he worked on something and asking to be paid for it, i wouldn't do it personally because i don't see that money alters my life in ways it does others, even though i been out of work for a few months and struggling, and plus i think in essence we are trying to play a video game, and share fun along the way, i appreciate the ones who post the work for free, but if you choose to charge for it, i'm not going to be angry about it.

What pisses me off truly, are other modders who make people wait for their releases while they go ego jerking themselves (N)
Last edited by Kyrie-swerving on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyrie-swerving

Postby Rodzilla91 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:40 pm

Sometimes I think people now are too focused on how good the game looks as opposed to actually playing it.
Rodzilla91

Postby Kyrie-swerving on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:43 pm

Rodzilla91 wrote:Sometimes I think people now are too focused on how good the game looks as opposed to actually playing it.

Nah i do play the game, actually i started playing it again not because of the faces or mods, but after finding decent sliders made by someone called Devroyce, which made the game feel less broken and actually play like a basketball game, but the extra mods sure help sustain the shine on a game that was released in october.

Infact i paid for the game and returned it before steams 2 hr time limit, because of how broken the online pc servers were, so until i came across this whole sliders thing, i was playing other games.
Kyrie-swerving

Postby Rodzilla91 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:45 pm

Kyrie-swerving wrote:
Rodzilla91 wrote:Sometimes I think people now are too focused on how good the game looks as opposed to actually playing it.

Nah i do play the game, actually i started playing it again not because of the faces or mods, but after finding decent sliders made by someone called Devroyce, which made the game feel less broken and actually play like a basketball game, but the extra mods sure help sustain the shine on a game that was released in october.

Infact i paid for the game and returned it before steams 2 hr time limit, because of how broken the online pc servers were, so until i came across this whole sliders thing, i was playing other games.

It wasn't towards you, I was just saying in general
Rodzilla91

Postby Kyrie-swerving on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:49 pm

Rodzilla91 wrote:
Kyrie-swerving wrote:

It wasn't towards you, I was just saying in general

All good man, no harm done, enjoy your day (Y)
Kyrie-swerving

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:16 pm

Kyrie-swerving wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get those sliders from? Been looking for decent ones. Are they for the PC? Thx.
Uncle Drew

Postby Ovi on Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:45 am

Uncle Drew wrote:
Kyrie-swerving wrote:
Rodzilla91 wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get those sliders from? Been looking for decent ones. Are they for the PC? Thx.

here mate (Y) The hall of fame sliders, he modified yesterday, still didn't test the new ones, i been modifying them myself, cause i found that driving is bit lacking, but the game play is great, and forces you to use sets that actually complete all the way through not get broken up after the defense traps.

https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... -fame.html
Ovi

Postby Kyrie-swerving on Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:32 am

Ovi wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:
Kyrie-swerving wrote:
Rodzilla91 wrote:

here mate (Y) The hall of fame sliders, he modified yesterday, still didn't test the new ones, i been modifying them myself, cause i found that driving is bit lacking, but the game play is great, and forces you to use sets that actually complete all the way through not get broken up after the defense traps.

yes i agree there is less drives to the basket, in these sliders, if you figure it out, let us know, it is the only thing missing, i've tried many alternative sliders, but these play great :cheeky:, this thread has gone leftfield from the looks of it, ill see my self out
Kyrie-swerving

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:06 am

Ovi wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:
Kyrie-swerving wrote:
Rodzilla91 wrote:

He took the slider set off the site.
Uncle Drew

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding