MyLeague Unrealistic Sim Stats

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

MyLeague Unrealistic Sim Stats

Postby LegoMyEgo247 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:52 am

Typically don't post here but ever since this game has come out and I've played already 1065 hours in this game, I noticed a huge flaw in the tendencies/attributes of the players this year. NBA 2K17, for the most part, was very consistent in making sure the numbers in real life matched up with the numbers in simulations. There were also rosters that helped combat any actual issues. This year was different though as I'm sure everyone noticed, Westbrook and Harden are shooting above 50% with 2.5 turnovers making them some of the most efficient scorers in the league... The usage rating of these two are the same; just the productions is off the charts. I've experimented continuously with attempting to make them average high turnovers on low efficiency. The only practical way to do this is to make them have the ball handling of Omer Asik and the Mid Range Attributes of Ben Simmons... So apparently the simulations for me at least have been less than ideal. I've got a decent balance atm for Russel Westbrook who consistently in multiple tries averages four turnovers, 48% FG, 24 ppg, nine assists, eight rebounds. However, that fg% is still pretty high for Russ. Harden is the one player in the whole league I can't perfect, I can get him to average 50% FG and three turnovers, but that is not nearly what he has in real life.

To summarize, I can't get Lebron, Russel Westbrook, James Harden, DeMarcus Cousins, and John Wall's statistics to match up, does anyone have any idea how to fix their tendencies/attributes to make them average the proper numbers or at least close. I just need them to be in the ballpark, cause currently, they average some fantasy numbers.

Also, some explanation on how to make people inefficient from midrange would be just as good.
LegoMyEgo247

Re: MyLeague Unrealistic Sim Stats

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:23 am

For FG%. have you tried lowering the following?

Offensive Consistency
Shot IQ

I was able to get players FG% lower and more realistic on 2K17 by adjusting those. In regards to turnovers, bring down passing IQ/accuracy a tad.

This games default roster has a lot of problems (So did 2K17 at release), so good luck.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby LegoMyEgo247 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:26 am

Dee4Three wrote:For FG%. have you tried lowering the following?

Offensive Consistency
Shot IQ

I was able to get players FG% lower and more realistic on 2K17 by adjusting those. In regards to turnovers, bring down passing IQ/accuracy a tad.

This games default roster has a lot of problems (So did 2K17 at release), so good luck.

I actually have tried the Offensive Consistency and Shot IQ many times. I thought I've given it a try though to make sure nothing changed and sure enough same results. Basically, after doing research I have discovered a couple things about the tendencies and stats.

Shot IQ affects a player's awareness of when they are open and when they have an open lane and such.
That while sounds like it would help does not seem to affect FG% at least in my simulations.

Offensive Consistency while in theory would help the problem creates a bigger issue for most players since it basically determines the player's overall rating, but I will test it out to see if it makes it more balanced. Ultimately, the issue lies in all the superstars being 10x better than are supposed to be because they just all have the stats of a create-a-player with 99 everything. Like Westbrook's stats a PERFECT except for his Field Goal and Three-Point Percentages. FG being 50, 3pt being 37. These make Westbrook who is typically considered a bad shooter and low percentage player look like Lebron in higher volume.

The Passing IQ and Passing Accuracy seems to affect turnovers for everyone... except Lebron who really is a victim of his teammate's tendencies. Because this team was created in the mid-season trades all the tendencies clash with each other almost to make LeBron average 21-8-7 on 50%, 40% which is so far off from reality that I almost don't consider the simulation correct when he isn't even averaging 25+ in the Regular Season. In the playoffs, he drops to 17 which is ridiculous.

I'm probably gonna spend a day or two tinkering with the Cav's roster because It is a mess, on the roster I am using, LeBron is a 99 overall and gets only 32 minutes a game... Makes 0 sense to me and It is almost impossible for me to directly control his minutes unless I take user control of the Cavs and force him to play 90% of the game to get accurate stats. During the simulation, because of Coach Lue's coaching, he seems to favor the guards and defense but even if I switch LeBron's position to shooting guard it doesn't change anything but his minutes, which get lower.

I appreciate the suggestions and they are helpful, been baffled by how bad these tendencies are in this game since launch. Almost as if 2k disregarded the no-pay2win parts of the game and focused extra hard on that VC-fueled part.
LegoMyEgo247

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:13 pm

LegoMyEgo247 wrote:Almost as if 2k disregarded the no-pay2win parts of the game and focused extra hard on that VC-fueled part.

I think a lot of us would second that assessment. Maybe it's unfair of us, but it does feel that way, at least in some respects.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby poke on Sat May 12, 2018 1:44 pm

The problem is too many bench players in the coaching setting. Set it at 9-10 (which is actually the total number of players who will play) and you'll see a big difference.
poke

Return to NBA 2K18