Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K19

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K19

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:15 pm

Alright everyone, we want to get an early start on our Wishlist for NBA 2K19, so here is our official NBA 2K19 Wishlist thread. This is the place to post constructive feedback that will be submitted to the NBA 2K Development Team; that means anything from bugs that need fixing, to features that you want to see added or improved upon, to anything else you feel would make the next iteration of NBA 2K better.

A couple of notes and important suggestions on how to give the most comprehensive and useful feedback (based on previous conversations with developers):

Important Notes & Suggestions

Please keep this stuff in mind as you're posting your ideas!

• One suggested format is to post your top 15-20 wishes/suggestions for the game, ie. the 15-20 most important things that NBA 2K19 needs to do/add/improve upon. If you have a couple of extra points, that's fine, but try to prioritise. If you don't have that many suggestions, that's fine too; just post the feedback you have and want to share with the developers.

• Alternatively, post your top ten or so suggestions you have for different aspects of the game, such as gameplay, game modes, presentation, features, and so on. Again, if you have less than ten, no problem. That's a strongly suggested maximum for the lists, not a minimum.

• Make sure that you elaborate and post further details where necessary. There's no need to write an essay - there's nothing wrong with being brief, direct, and to the point - but saying things like "better gameplay" doesn't give enough feedback. Explain how you want gameplay to get better, what changes are required to see an improvement. Mention specific issues, along with relevant improvements and fixes you want to see. A few sentences or subpoints are fine, and will add clarification.

• Be constructive! No insults, flaming or bashing in this thread. If you're not interested in providing actual feedback and discussing ways to improve the game, please move along. If you want to vent about NBA 2K18, please feel free to make use of other threads in the Forum, but this is a thread for constructive feedback only. You don't need to sugarcoat things, or hold back on talking about stuff that needs to be fixed, just don't be abusive or needlessly snarky. Explaining what you think is broken or unsatisfactory, and what you want to see changed, is useful feedback. Telling the developers they're stupid, suck, and you hate them, on the other hand, is not.

• Lists of bugs that haven't been resolved in the NBA 2K18 title updates are also most welcome.

That's about it. Feel free to start posting your ideas and if you have any further questions, just ask. We'll be passing along all feedback, and will likely look at compiling a "Top Wishes" section as the Wishlist takes shape.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Re: Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K19

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:18 am

Gameplay :
- improve IA Offense (all teams seems playing the same way, all the playbooks are the same etc...)
- improve IA defense (IA never trap, no defense adjustment during the game)
- improve IA pump fake 'cos CPU never jump
- fix iso glitch where you can run into your defender, pass him and no cpu help defense
- fix broken sliders : many of them are useless on 2K18
- too many jump ball after user traps CPU

Presentation :
- back to 2K10 pre game footage, 2K11 post game options.
- remove this fucking useless trampoline half-time animation

Graphics :
- improve hair cuts, it looks so old gen, specially for caucasian players (check nvidia hairworks)
- fix big heads, popping eyes
- improve faces
- real body scans
- improve cheerleaders :mrgreen:
- support nvidia Ansel

Sounds :
- remove annoying sounds in game while selecting tactics
- crowd : plz go back to 2K9 (!) atmosphere

Money :
- Remove VC & other stupids things (like adverts hashtags in 2K16) ! we've PAID AND for a FULL GAME ! or release NBA2K as a Freemium...

MyGM :
- remove (awful) scenario
- it will be great to see players getting older (face, hair, weight, position)

Network :
- improve netcode

Steam :
- improve integration (Workshop / vats / cards)
Last edited by sticky-fingers on Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:50 am, edited 7 times in total.
sticky-fingers

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:39 am

One minor improvement that would go a long way is the long distance passing. There are players like Kevin Love and Lonzo Ball that excel in full court passes, dropping them in beautifully. However, in every recent 2k game, a long distance pass often triggers a ridiculous animation that involves the recipient just flailing for an obviously catch-able pass. The resulting turnover just feels unfair. If I recall, the understanding was that this was necessary to avoid cherry picking in online games but I just don't understand that logic. Cherry picking happens in all level of basketball, from your average pick up game, to Lamelo Ball in high school, to an NBA player on a break away. If an individual has an advantage of an opening down court, I think it should be exploitable. This was just a recent issue I struggled with so it was the first thing I decided I'd voice an opinion on.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:37 pm

NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:11 pm

Andrew wrote:To help get the ball rolling: http://www.nba-live.com/tff-5-things-nba-2k19-needs/

If they want to continue the way they are going with VC they need to reduce the initial cost of the game....a lot.
StyxTx

Postby Hadley88 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:01 pm

This Year was the last Year for me. This Game is only a vehicle to sell microtransactions. Anything other than MyLeague is unplayable!

And since most of their Target-Audience are Casualscrubs they still make a shit ton of money. They wont change anything in 2K19 and I'm not wasting any more money on it.
Hadley88

Postby The X on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:49 pm

2K does presentation great, they make game look like NBA. My list is only really going to be negatives as they toot their own horn enough. I'm gonna keep this list quick and in no particular order:

1. Get rid of mini parachutes: I play broadcast, don't punish me for it. These create blindspots & are frustrating in close games.

2. Tune passing: I get that you don't want cheese, but I should be able to pass out of a jump to teammates a foot or two away. I should be able to throw pass down court without it flying out of bounds. I can understand if I'm trying to throw with Dwight Howard but otherwise, there are better ways to do it, passes maybe can be inaccurate when receiver has to move to catch it which allows defenders to recover. Some should be pinpoint if thrown by Lebron or Love or Lonzo or anybody starting with letter L.

3. Improve matchmaking: Others have discussed it so I will let them go into depth on it.

4. Reduce VC & micro transaction effect on game: I think only place that micro transactions have in game is in MyTeam. That's it. Stop being greedy.

5. Fix shot mechanics/timing/whether shot is contested well: if a defender is behind me I don't think it is heavily contested but hey, that's just me.

6. Improve balance in MyPlayer builds, archetypes & animations: heights, wingspan, strength, OP HOF badges. It's not easy to get balance & there'll always be stronger ones each year but playtesting will tell you that 7'3" 320lb rebounding centres are OP, especially when they can equip super quick dunk animations.

7. Improve physics/clipping/body steals etc

8. Improve layup/close shot mechanics & success: I think only contested layups should be based on timing. We tried, I think it failed. Doesn't matter what mode, MyPlayer, online, MyTeam, Play Now, Franchise, you miss inside shots & layups. Not just us, but CPU too. NBA players don't miss that many.

9. Polish, polish, polish: Squash bugs, fix legacy issues

10. Get rid of update required: Fine to pop it up, but let it disappear and re-appear after you've finished the game.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA 2K18