Anyone else do live CPU v CPU simulations? I've got some questions about sliders

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Anyone else do live CPU v CPU simulations? I've got some questions about sliders

Postby kingofwhims on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:28 pm

Meaning, instead of hitting the "simulate game" button in myLeague, I actually try to tweak the sliders and then go into "play game", put both controllers on CPU, so when the CPU plays itself, it sort of looks like a real game. I do this on PC.

For the last few years I've been doing a fantasy draft with all players above a rating of 80 (or so). So like, Kareem, and Boogie, and Cedric Ceballos, and Dominique, and Bob Pettit; everyone. You get it. It was amazing with the Ultimate Base Roster, but 2k18 has a ton of players so I bought it this year.

Anyway I love running these sims on my second monitor while I'm doing other shit. I feel like a total weirdo, however, if anyone else does this I'd love to exchange slider info. I still have some questions about what certain sliders do, and whether certain sliders work at all without a "user".

Cheers!
This topic was moved from NBA Live 18 by Andrew on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:38 pm.
kingofwhims

Re: Anyone else do live CPU v CPU simulations? I've got some questions about sliders

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:10 pm

kingofwhims wrote:Meaning, instead of hitting the "simulate game" button in myLeague, I actually try to tweak the sliders and then go into "play game", put both controllers on CPU, so when the CPU plays itself, it sort of looks like a real game. I do this on PC.

For the last few years I've been doing a fantasy draft with all players above a rating of 80 (or so). So like, Kareem, and Boogie, and Cedric Ceballos, and Dominique, and Bob Pettit; everyone. You get it. It was amazing with the Ultimate Base Roster, but 2k18 has a ton of players so I bought it this year.

Anyway I love running these sims on my second monitor while I'm doing other shit. I feel like a total weirdo, however, if anyone else does this I'd love to exchange slider info. I still have some questions about what certain sliders do, and whether certain sliders work at all without a "user".

Cheers!

I do this constantly as well so either we're both weirdos or it's more common than you think. I'm not much help because I normally use whatever "Realistic 2k" sliders are on the download list. Hopefully this gains some traction for a more realistic experience.
bluejaybrandon

Re: Anyone else do live CPU v CPU simulations? I've got some questions about sliders

Postby dare on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:27 pm

I do this as well, I normally use the default superstar sliders.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby nickjonz on Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:18 pm

I play a lot of CPU vs CPU simulations in MyGM mode, I toggle between custom sliders and Superstar.
nickjonz

Postby TheBigFellas06 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:20 pm

Bro Check out mine full slider set and its on Youtube on my channel LRGZ10
TheBigFellas06

Return to NBA 2K18