What Are You Playing Right Now? (NBA 2K18 Edition)

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

What Are You Playing Right Now? (NBA 2K18 Edition)

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:27 pm

So, what's everyone's current mode of choice in NBA 2K18?

Despite my eagerness to finally return to the franchise experience, I haven't started a MyLEAGUE game as yet. As noted in the other topic, I'm leaning towards the Timberwolves, and perhaps using the Start Today option. I've also got to put the MyTEAM cards from the pre-order packs to good use. I haven't actually checked out MyGM yet; even though MyLEAGUE is my preferred franchise mode, I do want to see a bit of the MyGM story, just to see what it's like.

Like last year, I've been playing a lot of MyCAREER, mostly to improve my player for 2K Pro-Am for our weekly sessions with the NLSC squad. The Pro-Am experience isn't quite as good as last year though, and while The Playground has been fun, I think it's time for me to get back to some more 5v5 single player gaming.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: What Are You Playing Right Now? (NBA 2K18 Edition)

Postby Daex on Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:19 pm

Primarily MyTeam. Would probably prefer to play MyCareer at this time, but with difficulty multiplier removed, can't find it in me to play it. Of course, there's the ongoing Bucks MyGM run, and Play Now games against my brother once in a while.
Daex

Postby Brockman44 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:23 am

Mostly MyTeam Pack & Playoffs...If you ever run into the Milwaukee Brewskis that is me. I feel like its too late to start MyCareer; which is pretty sad given the months that this game is still good for. For now, I enjoy the spontaniety and competition pack offers. I haven't completed historic dom from the fact that CPU play bores the hell out of me...you are enticed to play five out pick and pop and I'd rather not. I stay away from SuperMax because you never know when someone's team is genuinely earned or not (even though in Pack you can proceed with your teams into further rounds with VC [I typically just play a few online games to get some VC] it is relatively cheap to do so). I am slowly getting a better team so I might enter SuperMax primarily eventually...but for now I have fun playing Pack and because its 2K never getting ANY OF THE DAMN REWARDS.
Brockman44

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:17 pm

When it comes to MyTEAM, I think Domination and the challenges will be more my speed, but I'll give Pack & Playoffs a look, if only to complete the tasks. I'm still not a fan of being locked out of the Auction House until I do that, though I guess it doesn't take much to unlock it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K18