Historical Teams You'd Like to See

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Historical Teams You'd Like to See

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:14 pm

Putting aside issues with likeness rights, or indeed hoping that 2K can indeed acquire the likeness rights for certain players, which historical teams do you most want to see added in future NBA 2K games?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Historical Teams You'd Like to See

Postby Kenny4118 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:19 am

Give me the 2000 Pacers, and any other pacer team from 94 to 98. Also the 2004 Pacers, season ended in shambles after the Detroit brawl, but that team had a bit more of the junk yard style of ball that I believe would have derailed Detroit's little run of Final appearances. Jermaine O'niel, So Harrington, Austin Croshere, Jonathan Bender, Ron Artest, Jamal Tinsley, Dale Davis, Reggie Miller, Jeff Foster, David Harrison, Stephen Jackson, Scott Pollard, Anthony Johnson, Michael Curry, James Jones, and Fred Jones. Really I have never got over how the Pacers got screwed by a lack of official control over an upset Piston team that was totally handled in the Palace that night. I will never like Ben Wallace because of his roll in getting the crowd extra hyped before the fight broke out.
Kenny4118

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:16 am

How do you think I feel? Not long after that, he ended up on the Bulls, where he just stopped trying. ;)

It'd definitely be great to see Reggie in the game, and one of the Pacers teams you mentioned. Speaking of holdouts, I'd obviously love to see Barkley and the '93 Suns, as well as the '97 Rockets.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kenny4118 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:27 pm

I am not all that into playing with the older rosters (mostly because the faces are frightening for too many of the players), but when I first got the 2K 18, I tried to make a good Reggie Miller, but couldn't get anything that seemed remotely close as I would want to share. A couple weeks later, I found this video on a web search...this Reggie in my opinion is very good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKetUj0P6F4

I just looked to see if there was a good Barkley, but I don't think it is worth sharing, as unfortunate as it is.
Kenny4118

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:04 pm

The Barkley in the game is actually really good. So we will have to disagree on that one.

Unless you are talking about the console version where you can't get him.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny4118 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:38 pm

Dee4Three wrote:The Barkley in the game is actually really good. So we will have to disagree on that one.

Is there a Barkley on PC? Haven't looked since switching from PS4.
Kenny4118

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:35 pm

Also, if they can get Moses Malone back into the game, the 1983 76ers would be a good team to have.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:14 pm

Kenny4118 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:The Barkley in the game is actually really good. So we will have to disagree on that one.

There is, but you have to mod him in using Limnonos modifier. It's a solid face, one of the the better legends ones. It's 2k made, he's in the files.

And Andrew, Moses still has his face in the game I believe (for PC). You know how I feel about that 82-83 76ers team, it always bothered me that 2K would add a very incomplete 84-85 76ers team (with no Barkley) but not the 82-83 championship team.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:20 pm

Definitely. It was a strange choice, given the circumstances.

Throwing some other suggestions out there, the '95 Spurs (Robinson, Elliott, Rodman), '86 Rockets (Olajuwon and Sampson), and one of Washington's Bullets-era teams (perhaps '97, with Webber, Howard, Muresan, and Rod Strickland).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ClutchCityChris on Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:56 pm

We need some 90s jazz teams, supersonics, dallas mavs, etc
ClutchCityChris

Postby Kenny4118 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 am

Dee4Three wrote:
Kenny4118 wrote:

There is, but you have to mod him in using Limnonos modifier. It's a solid face, one of the the better legends ones. It's 2k made, he's in the files.

And Andrew, Moses still has his face in the game I believe (for PC). You know how I feel about that 82-83 76ers team, it always bothered me that 2K would add a very incomplete 84-85 76ers team (with no Barkley) but not the 82-83 championship team.

Do you know if there is an uploaded roster for PC that has these additional players added? If so, can you share with me the uploader name and roster name? I am new to PC version, and I haven't been able to get the 2K17 file explorer working correctly. I will get back to trying but for now I am working on a roster for making a generic high School roster that will be available for anyone, and will turn that roster into a more specifically set up roster for Indiana High Schools. While I am working on those, I would like to have a good roster with the missing players to play when I just want to play the game (those rosters will take a while to complete, so breaks are good).
Kenny4118

Postby LHead2 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:00 am

I've been working on a roster to fill out those missing players. My username is Reilnur, and it's under "Reilnur's Retro Fix".
LHead2

Postby Kenny4118 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:52 am

LHead2 wrote:I've been working on a roster to fill out those missing players. My username is Reilnur, and it's under "Reilnur's Retro Fix".

Thanks, I will check it out
Kenny4118

Postby Kenny4118 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:55 am

LHead2 wrote:I've been working on a roster to fill out those missing players. My username is Reilnur, and it's under "Reilnur's Retro Fix".

Used your roster to do a fantasy draft...I believe in all the years of playing 2K basketball games, this was the best draft experience I have ever had. I took the 1st pick, and took MJ, and tried to draft a strong defensive team first. Ended up with MJ, Gary Payton, K. Leonard, Ralph Sampson and Mark Eaton for my starters. Bench has Oladipo, Christie, Bowen, R. Wallace, Embiid, Sam Perkins, Turkoglu, Gary Harris, forget the last pick. Unfortunately, I think the CPU cheated me somehow...cause the Bucks got Kobe, Dominique, Westbrook, Yao, Kemp, Francis, Iguodala, and Michael Cooper. Probably my fault for taking Sampson rather than Yao, but I was thinking Sampson had more athleticism than what his ratings give him.
Kenny4118

Return to NBA 2K18