Anybody else have a problem shooting?

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Anybody else have a problem shooting?

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:59 am

IMO, shooting has become more difficult in 2K18. I think they made it too hard to get off a decent shot, especially when it's contested. I mean, I get it that a constested shot is suppose to be more difficult to make, but wide open shots are harder as well to me. What do you guys think? Is it the release point, or what?
Uncle Drew

Re: Anybody else have a problem shooting?

Postby BronBron06 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:16 am

Iktf while CPU is making it look easy even with contested shots
Playing 4 mins a Q

CPU making less than 10 even GSW in 1 min a quarter yes they are actually missing shots, while me being 14-20 pts
maybe its tied to time or stamina calculation (but considering AI missing shots maybe not stamina)
BronBron06

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:44 am

The Shot Meter seems to be broken again this year. Either that, or the probability of Good releases is off. It seems like slightly early or late releases once again have better odds, which is illogical. Beluba had mentioned that Green releases weren't going to be 100% as he wanted to wean gamers off that approach, but I've yet to miss a Green/Excellent release in NBA 2K18. Not that I'm complaining, given the issues with releases in general.

Even if you turn off or disregard the Shot Meter and watch the visual cue of the shot animation (Agent 00 posted a video recommending that), a release with Good timing (as per the feedback after the attempt) still seems to have worse odds than slightly early and late releases. To me, that suggests that either the odds or basic mechanics are broken, or at least problematic. Near-perfect releases, whether you use the meter or visual cues to get there, should have better odds than less accurate timing. It was an issue in NBA 2K17, and seems to be a problem again this year, unfortunately.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:44 pm

Not to mention, all the blown layups. It's too many !!
Uncle Drew

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:29 pm

Removing the meter on layups was counter-intuitive. If they're going to be timing-based, there needs to be a meter and feedback there as well. Another bewildering design decision to remove that.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K18