In case you're not feeling the story in MyCAREER...

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

In case you're not feeling the story in MyCAREER...

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:17 am

...perhaps a few off-the-wall theories/alternate interpretations will make it a little more entertaining. Yes, it's a shameless plug for this week's Friday Five.

It's time once again to indulge in a bit of creative writing and fun speculation! Last November, I wrote a Friday Five that took the stories that NBA 2K has implemented in MyCAREER, and twisted them around with some theories and interpretations that somewhat altered their tone. It's still one of my favourite articles that I've written, as reimagining the MyCAREER stories in a darker or more dramatic light turned out to be a fun exercise. NBA 2K18 has provided us with another story to pick apart, and I have a few more ideas, so it seems like an opportune time for a follow-up article.

Once again, I do have to stress that I don't actually believe these interpretations and theories, even though I do feel that a couple of them actually fit quite well. In fact, if you told me that the first theory was indeed intentional and what's actually going on, I wouldn't be entirely surprised. This is all meant to be in fun though, so don't take it too seriously. With that being said, you may find that a couple of these theories make a little too much sense. At the very least, I hope it'll be an amusing read to take you into the weekend. Let's once again go tumbling down the rabbit hole; tinfoil hats are of course welcome, but completely optional.

In case you missed the original last year, you can also read that one here.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K18