Take2/NBA2kReddit In Game Face Scan Harassment PROOF!

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Take2/NBA2kReddit In Game Face Scan Harassment PROOF!

Postby ACEx007 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:48 am

Dont Use Face Scan!!! Somehow This AI/Player that quit in Pro-Am has a edited version of my face scan and heres PROOF!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umS8gqabTAo

As you know when people quit in pro-am they become AI bots. Someone had to directly put the scan on their myplayer unless 2k has some kind of terms breaching system set in place to do this already.... for it to even happen would require access to the face scan that only 2k has, But if they are using all our face scans for AI what is the likely hood that I match up with someone/AI using a edited version of my face scan in matchmaking? very small right?

Id put money on it being 2k Reddit Mods harassing me for the way I have chose to report bugs but they could be using everyones face scans and i just got astronomically lucky to get matched with it...

Here is the side by side image comparison after I took off facial hair and head hair to show my base scan. Its is the exact same just edited slightly
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/8092/fkzpZ1.jpg
ACEx007

Re: Take2/NBA2kReddit In Game Face Scan Harassment PROOF!

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:55 am

That's a little strange. Makes me glad my scan turned out so terribly.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Arcane on Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:07 am

The poor bastard that got my facescan

Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:09 pm

I do not see something malicious behind it though...

You gave them the right to use your face scan as they see fit and it just looks like somebody thought it would be cool to have CPU controlled players (I believe you can start Pro-Am game with as low as 3 human players on the team?) use face scans instead of random generic face.
To me it looks like the system might use the face scan and just change the stuff like mouth/ears/etc to a random selection to make it a bit different.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby PeacemanNOT on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:33 pm

Jesus christ, I hope this is a troll. This is clearly just a bug in the game where the game is loading up your texture on those random created players. Your MyCareer is technically a created player, same face models etc. The game is just conflicting with your face scan for some reason, no one is personally selecting your face scan and placing it on those AI players.

Pretty sure you can only see it on your side, and vice versa if another player has their face scan put on a created player. The fuck does this have to do with nazis, racism or harassment....
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:54 pm

PeacemanNOT, is he mentioning nazis and racism in that video?

But yeah, could be a bug, could be a feature.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:01 pm

I imagine it's by design, probably as a bit of an Easter Egg to change up the appearance of the AI players. I suppose if they really want my Alan Ruck/Adam Sandler mash-up that the app produced, they're welcome to it.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby CarolusXCI on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:48 am

haha funny video
CarolusXCI

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:51 am

They can have my black haired Eminem looking fella, he looks nothing like me anyway.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby PeacemanNOT on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:31 am

I'm just going to assume this a joke considering how idiotic it is :lol:
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby ACEx007 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:18 am

Dommy73 wrote:I do not see something malicious behind it though...

You gave them the right to use your face scan as they see fit and it just looks like somebody thought it would be cool to have CPU controlled players (I believe you can start Pro-Am game with as low as 3 human players on the team?) use face scans instead of random generic face.
To me it looks like the system might use the face scan and just change the stuff like mouth/ears/etc to a random selection to make it a bit different.

thats a lie and an assumption made by someone who didn't even read the TOS....I didn't give them the right to "as they see fit" its detailed exactly what they are using it for, and its not a asset in a game their charging money for.

what it "looks like to you" is an unlawful use of my likeness, but thanks for the confirmation that it is my face scan.
ACEx007

Postby ACEx007 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:22 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:Jesus christ, I hope this is a troll. This is clearly just a bug in the game where the game is loading up your texture on those random created players. Your MyCareer is technically a created player, same face models etc. The game is just conflicting with your face scan for some reason, no one is personally selecting your face scan and placing it on those AI players.

Pretty sure you can only see it on your side, and vice versa if another player has their face scan put on a created player. The fuck does this have to do with nazis, racism or harassment....

clearly? how do you know? .....you don't you have just made up your mind based on idiotic Occam's razor reasoning for which you have no facts to back up.

AI players are never in the game from the start, someone had to enter into matchmaking and then quit!!!!!!!!! that clearly means someone had the scan on their myplayer before hand!!!!!!!
Last edited by ACEx007 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ACEx007

Postby ACEx007 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:24 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:I'm just going to assume this a joke considering how idiotic it is :lol:

idiotic? how so?
ACEx007

Postby ThePointForward on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:10 pm

ACEx007 wrote:thats a lie and an assumption made by someone who didn't even read the TOS....I didn't give them the right to "as they see fit" its detailed exactly what they are using it for, and its not a asset in a game their charging money for.

what it "looks like to you" is an unlawful use of my likeness, but thanks for the confirmation that it is my face scan.

Funny enough, I did read the ToS before posting my original response. So the claim I didn't is "a lie and an assumption" by someone who doesn't look over my shoulder.

But just for you:
you hereby grant Licensor an exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, fully transferable, and sub-licensable worldwide right and license to use your contributions in any way and for any purpose in connection with the Software and related goods and services, including, but not limited to, the rights to reproduce, copy, adapt, modify, perform, display, publish, broadcast, transmit, or otherwise communicate to the public by any means whether now known or unknown and distribute your contributions without any further notice or compensation to you of any kind for the whole duration of protection granted to intellectual property rights by applicable laws and international conventions.

In other words, they can use you face scan as they see fucking fit.

Not to mention unlawful use of your likeness? You created the face scan for the purpose of other players seeing your face. So any case you might think you have would get thrown out immediately.

And all of that is still assuming this isn't just a local bug.

And I believe there is a very specific legal term for what you can do: pound sand. And take your conspiracy theories with you.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby ACEx007 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:18 pm

Dommy73 wrote:
ACEx007 wrote:thats a lie and an assumption made by someone who didn't even read the TOS....I didn't give them the right to "as they see fit" its detailed exactly what they are using it for, and its not a asset in a game their charging money for.

Funny enough, I did read the ToS before posting my original response. So the claim I didn't is "a lie and an assumption" by someone who doesn't look over my shoulder.

But just for you:
you hereby grant Licensor an exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, fully transferable, and sub-licensable worldwide right and license to use your contributions in any way and for any purpose in connection with the Software and related goods and services, including, but not limited to, the rights to reproduce, copy, adapt, modify, perform, display, publish, broadcast, transmit, or otherwise communicate to the public by any means whether now known or unknown and distribute your contributions without any further notice or compensation to you of any kind for the whole duration of protection granted to intellectual property rights by applicable laws and international conventions.

Not to mention unlawful use of your likeness? You created the face scan for the purpose of other players seeing your face. So any case you might think you have would get thrown out immediately.

And I believe there is a very specific legal term for what you can do: pound sand. And take your conspiracy theories with you.

Your a liar, you can't even find the face scan TOS online hahahahaaaa...."irrevocable" on the app it clearly states you can revoke access at any time...keep lying, your probly work for 2k
ACEx007

Postby ACEx007 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:25 pm

ACEx007 wrote:
Dommy73 wrote:

But just for you:

Your a liar and a troll, you can't even find the face scan TOS online hahahahaaaa (its different from the TOS on the site)...."irrevocable" lol, on the app it clearly states you can revoke access at any time...keep lying, you probly work for 2k troll.
ACEx007

Postby ThePointForward on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:37 pm

ACEx007 wrote:Your a liar, you can't even find the face scan TOS online hahahahaaaa...."irrevocable" on the app it clearly states you can revoke access at any time...keep lying, your probly work for 2k

Oh ffs...

First of all learn grammar.
Second, I do not work for 2K, I work for much bigger company.
Third, the app literally says that they'll delete your data if you ask for it and until you do they can do what I copied and pasted in the post before. Unless you already asked them to delete your face scan it's irrelevant for the discussion as they can use it as you agreed that they can.

EDIT: BTW Andrew? I've had my fun, so if you want, this might be contender for a Hardwood Classic.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:57 pm

I mean, I understand how he felt when he first saw it. I'm sure it was a pretty big shock.

With that being said, he has to look at the big picture. Has a request been made by him to remove his likeness? Would this post have been necessary if he had gone that route and they actually removed it? I think the original post was made immediately after he discovered it because of the shock factor he had when he saw it.

On the other hand, let's not bully or belittle the dude. It was serious to him at the time, and is still serious to him at the moment. Who cares if you work for a bigger company? What does that have to do with it? We are not elite or above anybody, so let's not act like it.

Also, I am sure some posts that you have made (Dommy, etc) were considered silly to some, or weak. I know for a fact some of mine have been looked at that way. We don't have to call the dude an idiot, and at the same time, he doesn't need to come at us calling us liars and being aggressive.

I'm assuming "hardwood classic" is a term used to make fun of a silly post. I wouldn't put this down as that, I also consider that quite demeaning and to be honest kind of shitty.

Let's be better than that.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby ThePointForward on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:49 am

Look, I'm not calling the guy names. But he gets bunch of possible explanations, ranging from a bug to a feature and instead of logical argument he tries to attack my character by calling me a liar and saying I "probly" work for 2K which probably is supposed to discredit me.

The theory that someone in 2K or VC makes him play against himself because he apparently isn't too popular on the subreddit for the game is ridiculous. Both the mods of the subreddit and 2K/VC guys have better stuff to do, like fixing bugs, writing story for 2K19's MyCareer or just trying to not do anything controversial in case of Ronnie (BTW good job Ronnie, haven't heard about him in a bad way in a while).

But it's not about the initial theory, okay he was likely shocked at first.
It's about the responses and doubling down after being presented with two logical explanations. And honestly he himself basically admitted he's a troublemaker on the subreddit - "2k Reddit Mods harassing me for the way I have chose to report bugs".
After having a day to cool down, see possible explanations he still went off. C'mon. in his video he went as far as calling 2K "nazis".
I actually now took the time to watch the video "proof" (no proof of 2K or subreddit mods being involved BTW) and there are some nice quotes, like
This is modern day nazi nerd one on one.

And I'm sure capitalist trash has been using this technique just as long as the KKK has.

Not to mention he said this is what "all white people can do after murdering tens of millions of people".

I now kinda wish I actually watched it with sound earlier, because the dude is openly racist.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:53 am

Dommy73 wrote:Look, I'm not calling the guy names. But he gets bunch of possible explanations, ranging from a bug to a feature and instead of logical argument he tries to attack my character by calling me a liar and saying I "probly" work for 2K which probably is supposed to discredit me.

The theory that someone in 2K or VC makes him play against himself because he apparently isn't too popular on the subreddit for the game is ridiculous. Both the mods of the subreddit and 2K/VC guys have better stuff to do, like fixing bugs, writing story for 2K19's MyCareer or just trying to not do anything controversial in case of Ronnie (BTW good job Ronnie, haven't heard about him in a bad way in a while).

But it's not about the initial theory, okay he was likely shocked at first.
It's about the responses and doubling down after being presented with two logical explanations. And honestly he himself basically admitted he's a troublemaker on the subreddit - "2k Reddit Mods harassing me for the way I have chose to report bugs".
After having a day to cool down, see possible explanations he still went off. C'mon. in his video he went as far as calling 2K "nazis".
I actually now took the time to watch the video "proof" (no proof of 2K or subreddit mods being involved BTW) and there are some nice quotes, like
This is modern day nazi nerd one on one.

And I'm sure capitalist trash has been using this technique just as long as the KKK has.

Not to mention he said this is what "all white people can do after murdering tens of millions of people".

I now kinda wish I actually watched it with sound earlier, because the dude is openly racist.

And if that's the case (racist), he is a true scumbag. I agree with that. I don't like his approach to this in general.

And in regards to Ronnie, he made it so only friends can comment on his Facebook posts (Changed that a month or so ago), and that's so he could weed out the negative posts at him. He also routinely removes criticism from his Twitter. I'm personally not a fan of the guy, but he hasn't been involved in much conflict lately, which is good.

I still don't understand how he routinely beats NBA players at NBA 2K, considering in my opinion he doesn't seem very good at the game. With that being said, NBA players probably don't play 2K close to as much as him, as they are focused on actually playing, so maybe he has a one up in that respect.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby ThePointForward on Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:09 am

Dee4Three wrote:And in regards to Ronnie, he made it so only friends can comment on his Facebook posts (Changed that a month or so ago), and that's so he could weed out the negative posts at him. He also routinely removes criticism from his Twitter. I'm personally not a fan of the guy, but he hasn't been involved in much conflict lately, which is good.

I still don't understand how he routinely beats NBA players at NBA 2K, considering in my opinion he doesn't seem very good at the game. With that being said, NBA players probably don't play 2K close to as much as him, as they are focused on actually playing, so maybe he has a one up in that respect.

Wait really? Now we know what he's doing all day long then. To be more serious I haven't seen much about him here or on the subreddit, so it can't be too bad either.

As for the him playing the game I don't really know but I can imagine this is the issue. I know Whiteside actually does play 2K though.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:11 am

Dommy73 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:And in regards to Ronnie, he made it so only friends can comment on his Facebook posts (Changed that a month or so ago), and that's so he could weed out the negative posts at him. He also routinely removes criticism from his Twitter. I'm personally not a fan of the guy, but he hasn't been involved in much conflict lately, which is good.

Wait really? Now we know what he's doing all day long then. To be more serious I haven't seen much about him here or on the subreddit, so it can't be too bad either.

As for the him playing the game I don't really know but I can imagine this is the issue. I know Whiteside actually does play 2K though.

I saw a post that said he beat every NBA player that came through the other day, it was like 10 of them or something.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby gogadantes on Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:39 pm

I watched his video and at first I was like, "I don't...I don't see the problem here." What's wrong if they use people's facescan? I think if you submit your face into the game, that means it's 2K's intellectual property, no? And I for one think this is a good thing, that means people can get matched up with players with realistic faces more often. So I was confused with the first part of this video. But I thought, fine, if the uploader doesn't like it, of course that's his right, and he can probably complain to 2K or something.

Then as I watched the second part, it's clear that the uploader is a paranoid bigot. What the hell does racism and the damn Nazi has to do with this? What is the connection? "Capitalist trash" and "the KKK"? And what kind of harassment are you talking about? It's your face in a generic player in a basketball game, not a porn video. Your "proof" is of 2K probably using an edited version of your face for an AI player, yes. But there's zero sane connection between that and harassment and racism. WTH.

And then comes the part where you're ranting about "the white race" and that settled any doubt. Dude, you're just the same as those white racists we see on TV. Judging and condemning people based on race is the definition of racist. SMH. Please don't lower the average IQ of NLSC like this. Chill out and consider getting help.
gogadantes

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:30 am

I agree with this. That stuff should have been kept out, not sure what that has to do with anything.

The gripe should have been taken up with 2K, but it made your gripe look really silly because of the way you presented it.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby PeacemanNOT on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:46 am

Wow... this is a serious post. People these days :facepalm2:
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Return to NBA 2K18