Recreated Covers in NBA 2K18

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Recreated Covers in NBA 2K18

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:18 am

Partly a cheap plug for this week's Monday Tip-Off:

I’d like to tip this week off with something fun. It’s not that I don’t enjoy tackling more serious topics related to basketball gaming, as last week’s feature demonstrates. After all, it’s important that we critique, and share constructive ideas about our hobby. At the same time, we should also celebrate our passion for basketball gaming, and there’s always room for some levity. Although I have my criticisms, I’ve been having fun with both NBA Live 18 and NBA 2K18 so far. As I mentioned in Episode #224 of the NLSC Podcast, I’ve enjoyed playing some games with the classic teams in NBA 2K18.

While I was messing around with the retro squads, an idea came to mind. The huge amount of historical content in NBA 2K18 means that the game includes many former basketball video game cover players, spanning as far back as the mid 90s. With that in mind, I thought that it might be fun to try to recreate some of those old covers, using NBA 2K18’s classic teams. The results are a little mixed as some were definitely easier to recreate than others, but hopefully you’ll enjoy seeing what I’ve managed to put together. Let’s tip things off with a classic.

...but also a thread to invite others to give it a try, and post the results. Some of my attempts turned out better than others, so I'd be interested to see what other people can do.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K18