Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version TWO*

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version TWO*

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:09 pm

2K! NLSC! We back! Hey guys Shady here, and I'm bringing you guys this years version of my slider set! Let me say this first! 2K18 is LIGHTYEARS ahead of 2K17 that said I'm still excited to tackle the challenges that 2K18 brings us! So as you can see by the title this is actually a beta version! The reason being is because i believe the consoles have a patch that I on PC do not yet have! So what that means is feedback is going to be ULTRA important so I can know what you guys are seeing and where I can make improvements!

Image

My top objectives with this set are:

A. Open up the jumpshot game for the USER
B. Increase difficulty driving to the rim!
C. Increase defensive potency!
D. Accurate fouls / turnovers / rebounds!

***TO DO***
Monitor user FT attempts / FG %'s at the rim
MYLEAGUE Sliders
CPU Tendencies

phpBB [video]


Game Difficulty - Hall Of Fame (Custom) * MAKE SURE TO start on HOF then begin to make changes.

Fatigue - On
Injuries - OFF (High Ankle Sprains every game? Really 2K?)
Game Speed - 46**** (User preference but you experience WILL differ.)
Free Throw Difficulty - 50

Shooting type - Real Player %
Free Throw Shooting Type - Real Player %
Ball Handler Text - None
Shot Meter - OFF
Shot Feedback - OFF

Controller Settings

Defensive Assist Strength - 75 (THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT WILL EFFECT WHICH ANIMATIONS TRIGGER WHEN THE CPU ATTACKS THE BASKET)
Boxout Assist Strength - 50

Offense

User/CPU

Inside Shot Success – 50/50
Close Shot Success – 50/50
Mid-range Success – 50/50
3PT Success - 50/50
Layup Success – 55/55
Dunk In Traffic Frequency – 45/55
Dunk In Traffic Success – 45/45
Pass Accuracy – 45/25
Alley-Oop Success – 52/52
Contact Shot Success – 50/50
Ball Security - 60/20
Body-Up Sensitivity- 100/100
Pass Speed - 50/50

Defense

Driving Contact Shot Frequency - 100/100
Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 100/100
Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff) - 100/100
Layup Defense Strength (Release) - 100/100
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) - 50/50
Jump Shot Defense (Release) - 50/50
Help Defense Strength - 100/100
Steal Success - 55/50

Attributes

Acceleration – 50/49
Vertical – 50/50
Strength – 30/50
Stamina – 50/50
Speed – 50/50
Durability - 50/50
Hustle – 60/65
Ball Handling – 50/70
Hands – 50/50
Dunking Ability -50/50
On-Ball Defense – 55/100
Stealing – 45/45
Blocking – 60/80
Offensive Awareness - 20/80
Defensive Awareness – 100/90
Offensive Rebounding - 40/35
Defensive Rebounding – 80/80
Offensive Consistency - 30/30
Defensive Consistency - 90/90
Fatigue Rate – 40/40
Lateral Quickness - 70/70

Tendencies

Take Inside Shots - 50/50
Take Close Shots – 50/0
Take Mid-range Shots – 50/50
Take 3PT Shots – 50/50 (WIP*) Need feedback here! Too many 3's? If so, try 40!
Post Shots – 50/50
Attack The Basket -50/50
Look For Post Players – 50/50
Throw Alley-Oops - 70/100
Attempt Dunks – 50/50
Attempt Putbacks – 100/50
Play Passing Lanes – 100/50
Go For On-Ball Steals – 100/100 *Important*
Contest Shots - 100/100
Backdoor Cuts – 70/70

Fouls

Over the Back Foul - 100/100
Charging Foul - 100/100
Blocking Foul - 100/100
Reaching Foul - 70/70
Shooting Foul - 100/40 (WIP*) Let me know your FT numbers.
Loose Ball Foul - 100/100

Movement Sliders:

*HOF DEFAULT FOR ALL*

Sliders are also on 2KShare under #Shady Excited to see you guys's feedback!
Last edited by ShadyMikeGaming on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:03 pm

Great to see you back at it again this year. Thanks for sharing!
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator
 
Posts: 101960
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby bongo88 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:51 pm

i checked out your sliders from 2kshare. I'll be testing them randomly. It's amazing how much customizability 2k18 is when it comes to the different slider sets i've tried.

over at operationsports tomba is gushing over the new movement sliders here
these ones:
Speed with Ball (Max rating) - 60/40
Speed with Ball (Min rating) - 40/60
Acceleration with Ball (Max rating) - 60/35
Acceleration with Ball (Min rating) - 60/35
Speed without Ball (Max rating) - 60/50
Speed without Ball (Min rating) - 60/48
Acceleration without Ball (Max rating) - 30/25
Acceleration without Ball (Min rating) - 40/35

have you fiddled with those? they are new this year, i guess.
anyways, will let you know what i think.
are there specific teams/matchups i should try with these sliders?
bongo88
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:30 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby snikr on Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:09 am

How do I download the sliders and use in my pc game
snikr
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:21 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby Vicerex on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:52 am

About to try these out right now.

Edit:
Not sure if I'm just really unlucky, or something in these sliders drastically turned down my teams Defense, but first game with these sliders the CPU has 68 points at halftime and are shooting 67%. Nothing I throw at them stops them, they scoring like I'm a high school team. On the bright side, I'm shooting 42% and scored 52 at the half, so on my side of things the offense is realistic so far. I hope their shooting percentages fall back down to earth in the second half...

Edit 2:
Their percentages went down a bit, still was 56% by the end of the game, and I was dominated by 22 points. I'll definitely have to test it again, could have just been bad luck on my part and the AI had some good RNG.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby Vicerex on Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:22 pm

snikr wrote:How do I download the sliders and use in my pc game


Go into slider settings and press Triangle/Y, it will pop up a list of downloadable sliders. Currently Mike's isn't one of the top listed yet so you have to search for #shady and it will come up, then just download it and you're good to go.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby Vicerex on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:55 am

Yeah man I'm struggling too much to score in the post, and mid range. I know it was too easy before but I think we went too far on nerfing it. I'm missing dunks and layups in the post, if they're even remotely near me it's almost a guaranteed miss, even if they don't touch me or contest it.

As you will see below I was thoroughly dominated (I was the Grizz). They shot way too high and I obviously struggled to make shots. The 29% from 3pt I can understand because I have a mediocre 3pt team, but I have a lot of bangers like LaVine, Dwight, Greek Freak & Reggie Jackson and they can't score on the drive or in the post where they dominate in real life. One stat it doesn't show is mid range, I shot under 20% from mid range in this game, keep in mind I only take mid range shots if I'm completely wide open, so missing under 20% of wide open shots is just some BS.

Image

EDIT:
So...then my next game was against the same team, same sliders, only difference was I was the home team this time instead of away and this happened:

Image

That's some WILD inconsistency. I would say that first game was more of bad luck/RNG on my part than an issue with the sliders. I don't think I've ever seen numbers change this drastically from one game to the next.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby LittleBigDen on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:20 pm

Played 2 games with yoyr sliders. Firstly i bumped user 3pt to 44, because thought 41 was too low and i think it was a good decision. I was the rockets in both games and I play 11 min qtrs.
Image
In the 1st game i played against the Spurs and first think i noticed was spurs have gone to low post every other possesion. They scored about 20pts in the paint out of all 24 in the 1st qtr. So i lowered cpu look for post player to 40. They continued to post up Kawhi, Gasol and LMA but it wasn't that often.
Image
Next game i played was against the Celtics. The first half was a struggle for both teams, score was like 45-40 with ~40% shooting. But the 2nd half was a whole other story. Threes were raining for both teams, at some point it was 3pt contest between Kyrie and CP3.

I really like transition game, it felt perfectly smooth, it might be first time ever i've enjoyed going on fast break in 2k.

As i said, spurs were looking to post very often. I think it has happened because they have many good low post players since there were almost none low post plays for the celtics.
And Celtics weren't passing as much as i believe they should have. They're a great offensive team and have many players who can move the ball but it was isos for Kyrie and Hayward or PnRs. I don't know if it is a tendency or slider problem.
Finally, i guess shooting percentage was a bit high.
LittleBigDen
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:07 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:15 am

Vicerex wrote:Yeah man I'm struggling too much to score in the post, and mid range. I know it was too easy before but I think we went too far on nerfing it. I'm missing dunks and layups in the post, if they're even remotely near me it's almost a guaranteed miss, even if they don't touch me or contest it.

As you will see below I was thoroughly dominated (I was the Grizz). They shot way too high and I obviously struggled to make shots. The 29% from 3pt I can understand because I have a mediocre 3pt team, but I have a lot of bangers like LaVine, Dwight, Greek Freak & Reggie Jackson and they can't score on the drive or in the post where they dominate in real life. One stat it doesn't show is mid range, I shot under 20% from mid range in this game, keep in mind I only take mid range shots if I'm completely wide open, so missing under 20% of wide open shots is just some BS.

[ Image ]

EDIT:
So...then my next game was against the same team, same sliders, only difference was I was the home team this time instead of away and this happened:

[ Image ]

That's some WILD inconsistency. I would say that first game was more of bad luck/RNG on my part than an issue with the sliders. I don't think I've ever seen numbers change this drastically from one game to the next.


Literally like....wow lol thats actually a really crazy swing. TO BE HONEST....my results have been moreso like your second game lol which is why I had a lot of things pretty low! How does the inside game feel? Finishing at the rim? Defensive strength, and most importantly fouls? (I think I have them lower than any other slider maker right now!)
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:20 am

LittleBigDen wrote:Played 2 games with yoyr sliders. Firstly i bumped user 3pt to 44, because thought 41 was too low and i think it was a good decision. I was the rockets in both games and I play 11 min qtrs.
[ Image ]
In the 1st game i played against the Spurs and first think i noticed was spurs have gone to low post every other possesion. They scored about 20pts in the paint out of all 24 in the 1st qtr. So i lowered cpu look for post player to 40. They continued to post up Kawhi, Gasol and LMA but it wasn't that often.
[ Image ]
Next game i played was against the Celtics. The first half was a struggle for both teams, score was like 45-40 with ~40% shooting. But the 2nd half was a whole other story. Threes were raining for both teams, at some point it was 3pt contest between Kyrie and CP3.

I really like transition game, it felt perfectly smooth, it might be first time ever i've enjoyed going on fast break in 2k.

As i said, spurs were looking to post very often. I think it has happened because they have many good low post players since there were almost none low post plays for the celtics.
And Celtics weren't passing as much as i believe they should have. They're a great offensive team and have many players who can move the ball but it was isos for Kyrie and Hayward or PnRs. I don't know if it is a tendency or slider problem.
Finally, i guess shooting percentage was a bit high.


Thanks for the feedback on the 3pt shooting! I tend to agree. One thing I'm seeing from all of the feedback so far is the CPU just isn't getting to the rim enough :/ ugh....like they post a lot, but they don't DRIVE enough! I'm looking to tweak that!
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:33 am

bongo88 wrote:i checked out your sliders from 2kshare. I'll be testing them randomly. It's amazing how much customizability 2k18 is when it comes to the different slider sets i've tried.

over at operationsports tomba is gushing over the new movement sliders here
these ones:
Speed with Ball (Max rating) - 60/40
Speed with Ball (Min rating) - 40/60
Acceleration with Ball (Max rating) - 60/35
Acceleration with Ball (Min rating) - 60/35
Speed without Ball (Max rating) - 60/50
Speed without Ball (Min rating) - 60/48
Acceleration without Ball (Max rating) - 30/25
Acceleration without Ball (Min rating) - 40/35

have you fiddled with those? they are new this year, i guess.
anyways, will let you know what i think.
are there specific teams/matchups i should try with these sliders?


I tried his whole set. Wasn't a fan of the changes that he made, I wanted to INCREASE the speed differential between fast and slow players, open the game up....but I felt like the settings above made it worse. I'm going to come up with my own settings and see if I can take advantage of these new sliders.
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:53 am

Quick hotfix: I'm putting user ball security at 70 and dropping CPU steal success (under defense) to 50 from 60
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby Vicerex on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:24 pm

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:Literally like....wow lol thats actually a really crazy swing. TO BE HONEST....my results have been moreso like your second game lol which is why I had a lot of things pretty low! How does the inside game feel? Finishing at the rim? Defensive strength, and most importantly fouls? (I think I have them lower than any other slider maker right now!)


After about 8-10 more games under my belt, my results are more like my second game as well. I don't know what happened in that first game I posted, that was an anomaly I guess.

As far as the inside game...It's not the best, but I felt it wasn't that good on the default settings either. I'm an old school player so I usually post-up a lot, but in 2K18 I'm finding myself a little scared to post up because it doesn't seem very successful. I've been driving a ton, and it seems about 50/50, which is a healthy level I think. Like I said my team is full of slashers so outside of that first game my slash game has been strong, but not too strong if that makes sense.

As for defensive strength the AI is stone cold. You really notice the difference between a mediocre defensive player and a defensive star, which is awesome. Just last night I played against Kawhi and he held Greek Freak to just 14 points, when I'm averaging 24 points with him. I could really feel the pressure and the difficulty of scoring against Kawhi, while most other defenders Giannis can just blow by them all day long. So I think the defense is in a pretty good spot.

The fouls, I feel the AI fouls are good, I'm shooting around 20-25 free throws a game which I feel is about on par with the NBA. My fouls are really low though, the AI shooting around 10 free throws a game. But that's also because of my playstyle. Even on past games with fouls cranked up to 100 I still barely had around 10 fouls in a game.

For the most part the sliders are feeling really good right now, could use some tweaks here and there but I'm having competitive games. The shooting percentages are still a little high, for me I'm shooting around 45-50% (which isn't too bad) but the AI is more around 50-55% which is definitely a little high.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:37 am

Thanx for theses sliders, i will definitly make a try edit : first games are solid, it's harder to drive and even to score, cpu is more consistent.

Do you it's possible on 2K18 that pump fake work better vs CPU ?
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:38 am

Vicerex wrote:
ShadyMikeGaming wrote:Literally like....wow lol thats actually a really crazy swing. TO BE HONEST....my results have been moreso like your second game lol which is why I had a lot of things pretty low! How does the inside game feel? Finishing at the rim? Defensive strength, and most importantly fouls? (I think I have them lower than any other slider maker right now!)


After about 8-10 more games under my belt, my results are more like my second game as well. I don't know what happened in that first game I posted, that was an anomaly I guess.

As far as the inside game...It's not the best, but I felt it wasn't that good on the default settings either. I'm an old school player so I usually post-up a lot, but in 2K18 I'm finding myself a little scared to post up because it doesn't seem very successful. I've been driving a ton, and it seems about 50/50, which is a healthy level I think. Like I said my team is full of slashers so outside of that first game my slash game has been strong, but not too strong if that makes sense.

As for defensive strength the AI is stone cold. You really notice the difference between a mediocre defensive player and a defensive star, which is awesome. Just last night I played against Kawhi and he held Greek Freak to just 14 points, when I'm averaging 24 points with him. I could really feel the pressure and the difficulty of scoring against Kawhi, while most other defenders Giannis can just blow by them all day long. So I think the defense is in a pretty good spot.

The fouls, I feel the AI fouls are good, I'm shooting around 20-25 free throws a game which I feel is about on par with the NBA. My fouls are really low though, the AI shooting around 10 free throws a game. But that's also because of my playstyle. Even on past games with fouls cranked up to 100 I still barely had around 10 fouls in a game.

For the most part the sliders are feeling really good right now, could use some tweaks here and there but I'm having competitive games. The shooting percentages are still a little high, for me I'm shooting around 45-50% (which isn't too bad) but the AI is more around 50-55% which is definitely a little high.


That would be because I'm an idiot and had the shooting sliders reversed when I was tweaking smfh I been doing this for how long now? lol

Things I'm testing for update:

HUM Ball security up to 70 from 60
CPU Steal Success down to 50 from 60
Offensive awareness of BOTH User & CPU down to 20 from 50/80
HUM Offensive consistency to 10 CPU Offensive consistency to 75
HUM Defensive consistency to 90 CPU Offensive consistency to 90
CPU Attack the Basket to 90
Shooting foul sliders to 75/60 (Might do 70/65 or 70/60) Not sure yet
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby Hushroom on Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:53 am

Your sliders give this game a great challenge! Driving to the hoop is much more difficult. Thank you sir! (Y) (Y)


edit: Also, you should post these on operationsports
Hushroom
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 10:26 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:17 am

Hushroom wrote:Your sliders give this game a great challenge! Driving to the hoop is much more difficult. Thank you sir! (Y) (Y)


edit: Also, you should post these on operationsports


Glad you are enjoying! Still trying to make improvements!

And yea I would but the lifetime ban and active grudge their mods hold against me kinda makes that hard! :roll:
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby Hushroom on Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:48 am

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
Hushroom wrote:Your sliders give this game a great challenge! Driving to the hoop is much more difficult. Thank you sir! (Y) (Y)


edit: Also, you should post these on operationsports


Glad you are enjoying! Still trying to make improvements!

And yea I would but the lifetime ban and active grudge their mods hold against me kinda makes that hard! :roll:



Oh god...lol

What are you trying to improve right now?
Hushroom
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 10:26 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby Vicerex on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:08 am

So I'm about 20 games in with these sliders. For the most part I'm pleased, I was massively dominating the boards but I now know that's because of Dwight Howard, because he went down with injury and during those 4 games I was a mediocre rebounding team at best. My shooting percentages are still a little high but not absurd, same for the AI. However I did have another anomaly game where the AI shot 67% (at half time they had 73% yikes!), which makes two now out of 20 games, the other 18 were at or around 50% which is high but reasonable. I'm not sure what's up with those games, it can't be the sliders doing it, it has to be an issue with the game itself where for some reason almost a whole team just gets hot at once and doesn't miss. I've never had games like that in previous titles.

I'm looking forward to your next version, but I'm already about 80% pleased with this set. Keep up the great work!
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:06 am

Vicerex wrote:So I'm about 20 games in with these sliders. For the most part I'm pleased, I was massively dominating the boards but I now know that's because of Dwight Howard, because he went down with injury and during those 4 games I was a mediocre rebounding team at best. My shooting percentages are still a little high but not absurd, same for the AI. However I did have another anomaly game where the AI shot 67% (at half time they had 73% yikes!), which makes two now out of 20 games, the other 18 were at or around 50% which is high but reasonable. I'm not sure what's up with those games, it can't be the sliders doing it, it has to be an issue with the game itself where for some reason almost a whole team just gets hot at once and doesn't miss. I've never had games like that in previous titles.

I'm looking forward to your next version, but I'm already about 80% pleased with this set. Keep up the great work!


Going to post an update either really really late tonight or tomorrow! You guys are going to love them I'm sure!
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:12 am

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
Hushroom wrote:Your sliders give this game a great challenge! Driving to the hoop is much more difficult. Thank you sir! (Y) (Y)


edit: Also, you should post these on operationsports


Glad you are enjoying! Still trying to make improvements!

And yea I would but the lifetime ban and active grudge their mods hold against me kinda makes that hard! :roll:


Just curious..

What made them give you a lifetime ban? I feel like that site doesn't encouraging modding at all, the PC section is really lame. I created an account on there and I cant even start a thread.....
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5358
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby taylor2255 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:51 am

Shady i have always been a big fan of your Sliders since 2k16. My main focus in 2k is CPU vs CPU your sliders worked like a charm when it came to that area. The Realistic stats and numbers was good to see. I hope your 2k18 sliders can make CPU vs CPU very realstic and Non-cheese.

Do you think these sliders will be perfect for 2k18 CPU vs CPU????
taylor2255
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:48 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby Hushroom on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:33 am

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
Vicerex wrote:So I'm about 20 games in with these sliders. For the most part I'm pleased, I was massively dominating the boards but I now know that's because of Dwight Howard, because he went down with injury and during those 4 games I was a mediocre rebounding team at best. My shooting percentages are still a little high but not absurd, same for the AI. However I did have another anomaly game where the AI shot 67% (at half time they had 73% yikes!), which makes two now out of 20 games, the other 18 were at or around 50% which is high but reasonable. I'm not sure what's up with those games, it can't be the sliders doing it, it has to be an issue with the game itself where for some reason almost a whole team just gets hot at once and doesn't miss. I've never had games like that in previous titles.

I'm looking forward to your next version, but I'm already about 80% pleased with this set. Keep up the great work!


Going to post an update either really really late tonight or tomorrow! You guys are going to love them I'm sure!



Can't wait bud!
Hushroom
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 10:26 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby taylor2255 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:40 am

Hushroom wrote:
ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
Vicerex wrote:So I'm about 20 games in with these sliders. For the most part I'm pleased, I was massively dominating the boards but I now know that's because of Dwight Howard, because he went down with injury and during those 4 games I was a mediocre rebounding team at best. My shooting percentages are still a little high but not absurd, same for the AI. However I did have another anomaly game where the AI shot 67% (at half time they had 73% yikes!), which makes two now out of 20 games, the other 18 were at or around 50% which is high but reasonable. I'm not sure what's up with those games, it can't be the sliders doing it, it has to be an issue with the game itself where for some reason almost a whole team just gets hot at once and doesn't miss. I've never had games like that in previous titles.

I'm looking forward to your next version, but I'm already about 80% pleased with this set. Keep up the great work!


Going to post an update either really really late tonight or tomorrow! You guys are going to love them I'm sure!



Can't wait bud!


same can't wait. always been a fan of your work Shady :o
taylor2255
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:48 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:48 am

Dee4Three wrote:
ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
Hushroom wrote:Your sliders give this game a great challenge! Driving to the hoop is much more difficult. Thank you sir! (Y) (Y)


edit: Also, you should post these on operationsports


Glad you are enjoying! Still trying to make improvements!

And yea I would but the lifetime ban and active grudge their mods hold against me kinda makes that hard! :roll:


Just curious..

What made them give you a lifetime ban? I feel like that site doesn't encouraging modding at all, the PC section is really lame. I created an account on there and I cant even start a thread.....

The funny thing is I actually got banned because of the Madden forum lol.....I'll say it just like this. I got banned from that site for holding them to a standard. When EA launched that gamechanger program and started posting people on that forum everything went downhill. Which is exactly why Madden is still trash. It got to the point where any type of critique of the game was shot down you had mods closing your threads, and you couldn't even talk sim sports. If you were labeled as a person who "didn't like madden" or IMO accept it for the garbage that it is they just keyed in on you. I wouldn't be surprised if EA was paying them somehow. Anyways I told them look I been posting sliders on here for a long time now my slider thread for madden had like 300 pages lol I talked to the owner of the site Steve_OS and I talked to Millenium_OS and they were pretty much just like whatever we can't have you bashing madden or not giving "constructive criticism" lol

taylor2255 wrote:Shady i have always been a big fan of your Sliders since 2k16. My main focus in 2k is CPU vs CPU your sliders worked like a charm when it came to that area. The Realistic stats and numbers was good to see. I hope your 2k18 sliders can make CPU vs CPU very realstic and Non-cheese.

Do you think these sliders will be perfect for 2k18 CPU vs CPU????

I don't know about perfect, CPU vs CPU is all about tendencies....only way to know is to try it out and see how it goes and tweak from there!

Vicerex wrote:So I'm about 20 games in with these sliders. For the most part I'm pleased, I was massively dominating the boards but I now know that's because of Dwight Howard, because he went down with injury and during those 4 games I was a mediocre rebounding team at best. My shooting percentages are still a little high but not absurd, same for the AI. However I did have another anomaly game where the AI shot 67% (at half time they had 73% yikes!), which makes two now out of 20 games, the other 18 were at or around 50% which is high but reasonable. I'm not sure what's up with those games, it can't be the sliders doing it, it has to be an issue with the game itself where for some reason almost a whole team just gets hot at once and doesn't miss. I've never had games like that in previous titles.

I'm looking forward to your next version, but I'm already about 80% pleased with this set. Keep up the great work!

Thanks man and that's kind of been my issue with this process....these anomaly games....like some crazy sh** be happening and I'm like man.....I feel like that should never be happening, but I don't like to tweak after just one game! My guess is that it has something to do with the offensive consistency sliders. Also, I revamped the rebounding so I'm hoping that the changes that I made help players other than Centers get rebounds! But it will be a process!
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Beta Version*

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:54 am

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:The funny thing is I actually got banned because of the Madden forum lol.....I'll say it just like this. I got banned from that site for holding them to a standard. When EA launched that gamechanger program and started posting people on that forum everything went downhill. Which is exactly why Madden is still trash. It got to the point where any type of critique of the game was shot down you had mods closing your threads, and you couldn't even talk sim sports. If you were labeled as a person who "didn't like madden" or IMO accept it for the garbage that it is they just keyed in on you. I wouldn't be surprised if EA was paying them somehow. Anyways I told them look I been posting sliders on here for a long time now my slider thread for madden had like 300 pages lol I talked to the owner of the site Steve_OS and I talked to Millenium_OS and they were pretty much just like whatever we can't have you bashing madden or not giving "constructive criticism" lol


That's insane... my commentary on 2K18 would certainly not be welcome on that page.. or my content on post patch 2K17.

That censorship is ridiculous, and OS seems very..... how do I put it... Biased? As in, I don't even really see "Constructive Criticism", it seems very basic and controlled.

I'm glad NLSC is my home.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5358
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version ONE*

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:58 am

phpBB [video]


Aiite guys Version 1 update, lets go through the changelog:

-CPU Inside / Close / mid-range / 3 point / and layup shot success have ALL been reduced as an effort to achieve more realistic FG %'s consistently

-User Close / Layup success were reduced ever so slightly (elite players still finish inside....a lot)

-Alley-Oop Success was bumped slightly for both sides. (Lets be honest they just weren't finishing enough of these)

-Pass Speed reduced back to default (I LOVE the fact that they added this slider, but unfortunately with the pass speed high, defenders just don't have the time to react so there are like NO turnovers...)

-CPU Steal success reduced from 60 to 50...(I was just getting stripped way too much going to the basket)

-CPU acceleration reduced from 50 to 49...(Solves issue where CPU would get weird speed boosts from time to time

-Durability back to default...(Injuries are off now so who cares, don't want this affecting anything else)

-CPU Hustle bumped up to 65...(CPU is now devastating in the open court)

-CPU Ballhandling back to default...(Less room for error / turnovers)

-User Hands back to default...(Too many bobbled passes resulting in turnovers)

-CPU and User Offensive awareness back to default....(Idk I just think it plays better, too much BS with high CPU number)

-User Defensive awareness to 100 from 90....(Need more defensive playmaking for the user, this should help)

-Offensive Rebounding back to default....(See defensive rebounding)

-Defensive Rebounding up to 76...(Simply seeing WAY too many offensive boards, and not enough defensive boards from wing players)

-CPU Tendencies....(Everything back to default, only change is to put close shots at 0, should eliminate the weird close range jumpers that we see so much)
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version ONE*

Postby Vicerex on Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:23 pm

Only two games in with the new sliders and already in love with them. I'm shooting a few less free throws (was shooting about 30+ per game, now about 20+ and the AI is now shooting around 20 as well when before were barely shooting 10). It definitely made it a noticeable difference in my scoring totals by shooting 10 less free throws a game, has me around the 100 points area instead of 115-120 before, not that 115-120 was high but I prefer lower scoring totals, yeah I'm weird.

Also both games I played were really close, the first was back and forth until late 4th quarter where I went on a run to win. The second game came down to a buzzer shot, I was up by two, they launched a three but missed so I won. So I'm definitely feeling some stronger competition as far as back and forth, while before it seemed like either I won by 15 or lost by 15 and not much inbetween.

Ironically even though you lowered offensive rebounding I grabbed 17 offensive boards in my second game. I do have a way above average rebounding team, but still I was shocked by that. Everything else seemed really solid and not out of the realm of realism, obviously two games isn't a big enough sample size just wanted to give my initial thoughts.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version ONE*

Postby CX1329 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:32 am

The sliders are almost perfect, but I think I might bump up the jump shot defense strength sliders by a few points for both User and CPU, as I feel that there are too many contested shots going in. Other than that, I've got no complaints.
CX1329
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:56 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version ONE*

Postby dare on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:42 am

I'll try this when I get back home, just a question will this fix the and 1's I think the success rate of those are quite high in default sliders.
User avatar
dare
True kings have rings
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version ONE*

Postby Vicerex on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:42 pm

I don't have a whole lot to say, this set is pretty impressive already. I'm sure it could use some minor tweaks here and there but honestly I don't see any major holes, nothing to complain about. Been having some very solid and fun games.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version ONE*

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:15 pm

I love these sliders. Going to post some stats later on. I am using the 50 game speed but the experience is still great.
Image
User avatar
I Hate Mondays
 
Posts: 2682
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Romania

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version ONE*

Postby intruda on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:02 pm

Scratch what I previously wrote. Was using a horrible roster(dest 17-18). Prince from ATL was playing like Lebron with these sliders for some reason.

Used the default roster and night and day. Sliders are amazing. Only one game in but it was great. Spurs vs Rockets(cpu).
intruda
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 10:41 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version ONE*

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:17 pm

Glad you guys are enjoying, let me know where I can improve! For now I still think its KIIINDA easy to score for the user, but I don't want to make any drastic tweaks just yet! Unfortunately my CPU cooler busted so I'm out of the game for a little while, but as soon as my new one comes in I'll be back to tweaking!
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version ONE*

Postby MaxMBox on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:17 am

IDK how these sliders are for Play Now or MyGM or any other game mode where you are playing for the whole team, but I playing with them (the last one from 2K Share) in MyCAREER as a C and shooting foul is too hight IMO. 90% of atempts to block a shot was fouls. So I decrease them a bit (45-50 I guess). And getting rebounds is a much harder (18-20 with default All-Star sliders and 12-15 now) but I like it.
User avatar
MaxMBox
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:19 pm
Location: Russia

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version ONE*

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:03 am

MaxMBox wrote:IDK how these sliders are for Play Now or MyGM or any other game mode where you are playing for the whole team, but I playing with them (the last one from 2K Share) in MyCAREER as a C and shooting foul is too hight IMO. 90% of atempts to block a shot was fouls. So I decrease them a bit (45-50 I guess). And getting rebounds is a much harder (18-20 with default All-Star sliders and 12-15 now) but I like it.


How do you have sliders in MyCareer?
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version ONE*

Postby Myu1 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:48 am

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
MaxMBox wrote:IDK how these sliders are for Play Now or MyGM or any other game mode where you are playing for the whole team, but I playing with them (the last one from 2K Share) in MyCAREER as a C and shooting foul is too hight IMO. 90% of atempts to block a shot was fouls. So I decrease them a bit (45-50 I guess). And getting rebounds is a much harder (18-20 with default All-Star sliders and 12-15 now) but I like it.


How do you have sliders in MyCareer?


With my game, when I set a "custom" slider in the main menu and I load mycareer, it uses the custom slider I set in the main menu... I did try with extreme settings (99 - 0) and it affects the gameplay so It's real and not placebo.. :-(
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
User avatar
Myu1
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:19 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version ONE*

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:52 am

Myu1 wrote:
ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
MaxMBox wrote:IDK how these sliders are for Play Now or MyGM or any other game mode where you are playing for the whole team, but I playing with them (the last one from 2K Share) in MyCAREER as a C and shooting foul is too hight IMO. 90% of atempts to block a shot was fouls. So I decrease them a bit (45-50 I guess). And getting rebounds is a much harder (18-20 with default All-Star sliders and 12-15 now) but I like it.


How do you have sliders in MyCareer?


With my game, when I set a "custom" slider in the main menu and I load mycareer, it uses the custom slider I set in the main menu... I did try with extreme settings (99 - 0) and it affects the gameplay so It's real and not placebo.. :-(


Woooow I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this, thats big! However I did not tune this set in any way to effect MyCareer. So basically you're telling me you put 3 point shooting at 100 and never missed?
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version ONE*

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:44 am

The ability to use sliders in MyCAREER is news to me as well. Interesting.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator
 
Posts: 101960
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version ONE*

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:29 am

Andrew wrote:The ability to use sliders in MyCAREER is news to me as well. Interesting.


That's literally the reason I never played the mode LOL. Gotta look into this a little more!
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version ONE*

Postby jusagamerk26 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:38 pm

Hi shady, do you experience a lot of and 1's with your set? I am using the sixers and ben simmons drives to rim at will either with an easy layup or an and1. Hope you look into this. But overall this slider set plays really great! Thanks!
User avatar
jusagamerk26
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:41 am
Location: Parañaque, Metro Manila

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version ONE*

Postby Vicerex on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:40 pm

If the sliders work in MyCareer then that is a game-breaking error. I would highly suggest you do not use sliders in MyCareer or you may get banned for exploiting (even if it's their screw-up). Especially if you do it online against actual players, but if you only do it offline then it shouldn't be a big deal.

Just think of the public outcry once people who have already spent $500 on their character find out they could have just turned everything to 99 for free.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version ONE*

Postby timmyd on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:49 am

How do I use these sliders for Human vs Human? Does the Home or Away team have different sliders due to User and CPU sliders?
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:08 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version ONE*

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:45 am

jusagamerk26 wrote:Hi shady, do you experience a lot of and 1's with your set? I am using the sixers and ben simmons drives to rim at will either with an easy layup or an and1. Hope you look into this. But overall this slider set plays really great! Thanks!


Try my new set I'm posting within the next 10 minutes.

Vicerex wrote:If the sliders work in MyCareer then that is a game-breaking error. I would highly suggest you do not use sliders in MyCareer or you may get banned for exploiting (even if it's their screw-up). Especially if you do it online against actual players, but if you only do it offline then it shouldn't be a big deal.

Just think of the public outcry once people who have already spent $500 on their character find out they could have just turned everything to 99 for free.


I agree 1000%

timmyd wrote:How do I use these sliders for Human vs Human? Does the Home or Away team have different sliders due to User and CPU sliders?

I THINK only USER sliders effect HUM vs HUM but I haven't tried it out so I'm 100% sure.
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version ONE*

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:20 am

phpBB [video]


Aiite guys version 2 is live and it's lit! I'm calling this my DEFENSE update!

-First thing take note of the gamespeed change! We're at 46 now and I feel like it helps gameplay to be smooth and animations play out better.

-User and CPU Dunk in traffic frequency have been tweaked slightly!

-Next the Shooting and layup sliders have COMPLETELY been revamped so check out the OP to get all of those changes...Some of them might make you scratch your head, but trust me, it's fire.

-Both Jumpshot defense sliders are going back to default which is the core of this *defense update* makes a huge impact on FG% IN THE PAINT

-CPU Hands are going back to default (They were dropping too many oops lol)

-CPU Ballhandling is going BACK up to 70 lol Makes them more willing to attack the basket.

-Offensive Awareness and Offensive consistency along with defensive consistency has been completely revamped, so refer to the OP for those changes

-Offensive rebounds and Defensive rebounds have been tweaked as well. Better rebounders should stand out!

-HUM FT rate has been tweaked slightly

Sliders are posted to the OP and on PC 2KShare under #Shady! Hit me up with that feedback!
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version TWO*

Postby timmyd on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:22 am

Hey shady,

Can i make a request? can you help me or perhaps create a sliders for legendary teams to make the gameplay similar to the older nba?

When I play the 07-08 Celtics and teams from before them, I still see those teams jacking up like 20 - 30 threepointers a game and hardly ever looking for there post-up players.
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:08 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version TWO*

Postby Vicerex on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:57 pm

The defense is real in this new update. I just had my lowest scoring game since 2K18 came out. I lost 83-87. When the game first started the defense seemed a little too much, by half time I was shooting 22% and the AI was at 28%. But over the rest of the game we both got more hot and I ended up around 42% and I believe they were 45%. Which I actually think was cool, it felt more like a real game. Pro's or not sometimes these guy struggle and shoot poorly, but it all kind of evens out in the end.

I already play a very slow and grindy style, so I rarely score much more than 105. But with this new set the game pace definitely felt much slower than before, so that mixed with my already slow style is what resulted in such a low scoring game. But hey 80 point games happen in real life fairly often, so I'm fine with it.

I need to do a little more testing before I fully give my opinion, but so far so good.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version TWO*

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:29 pm

Vicerex wrote:The defense is real in this new update. I just had my lowest scoring game since 2K18 came out. I lost 83-87. When the game first started the defense seemed a little too much, by half time I was shooting 22% and the AI was at 28%. But over the rest of the game we both got more hot and I ended up around 42% and I believe they were 45%. Which I actually think was cool, it felt more like a real game. Pro's or not sometimes these guy struggle and shoot poorly, but it all kind of evens out in the end.

I already play a very slow and grindy style, so I rarely score much more than 105. But with this new set the game pace definitely felt much slower than before, so that mixed with my already slow style is what resulted in such a low scoring game. But hey 80 point games happen in real life fairly often, so I'm fine with it.

I need to do a little more testing before I fully give my opinion, but so far so good.


Well I tried to make it better and I did lol but I feel like there is a sweet spot somewhere between these past two sets and I will find that for version 3!
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version TWO*

Postby CX1329 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:30 pm

I don't know, I think the set is perfect as is. Since the update, I've played against Memphis and Charlotte and the scores were 101-97 and 110-103, respectively. The latest set has definitely fixed the issue of defense for me, now I don't have any complaints other than free throw shooting, which currently feels like highway robbery. I'm four games into a MyLeague season and so far I haven't been able to shoot above 67% from the line in a game. I might change the free throw shooting type to user timing and adjust the free throw difficulty until I find a sweet spot.
CX1329
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:56 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K18 Simulation Sliders *Version TWO*

Postby Vicerex on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:26 pm

CX1329 wrote:I'm four games into a MyLeague season and so far I haven't been able to shoot above 67% from the line in a game. I might change the free throw shooting type to user timing and adjust the free throw difficulty until I find a sweet spot.


I don't believe the sliders have any affect on free throw shooting at all. If you have it on Real Player % and free throw difficulty at 50, then that's about all that affect free throws. That is a pretty low number but you may just have a really bad free throw shooting team. I've also noticed in MyLeague/MyGM at the first of the season everyone misses a lot of free throws, even the really good shooters, but over the next 10-20 games it evens out more to their real-life level. This isn't just something I've noticed this year, I've noticed it for about 3-4 years now, so it's an odd mechanic in the core game itself (could simply be bad RNG).

I'm about 40 games into MyGM season and I'm currently shooting 79% as a team, at the beginning of the year we were 71% and it slowly rose over time. Who's going to the line on your team the most? There are a lot of bad free throw shooters in the league, tons of guys who shoot in the 60's and a few special players that shoot below 50%. For example I have Dwight Howard, notoriously bad at free throws, every time he goes to the line I cringe. He's shooting about 55% for me, however I have it counter-balanced with a lot of really good free throw shooters, guys in the 85-90% range.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Next

Return to NBA 2K18

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests