The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby lurumagno on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:27 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Coach' settings are the same for player and CPU. But CPU coach never changes, never adjust and default options are on manual or off.

Where's a quick video :
phpBB [video]


you had to do that before each game, because theses settings arent in an options menu.


Hi mate,

I tried it in a friendly match, just leave the other player alone.Perhaps,in mygm i cant change sides in game....any ideas?

Ty.
lurumagno
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:06 am

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:00 am

I dont play in MyGM, but in MyLeague, you can change side.

If you want to stay on mygm, and if there's no way to change side ingame, you have to use cheat engine.
i dont make a table, but i'm pretty sure it can be fix with CE ; i think you have to set the values for local and for the visiting team.
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby hova- on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:58 pm

sticky-fingers wrote:Coach' settings are the same for player and CPU. But CPU coach never changes, never adjust and default options are on manual or off.

Where's a quick video :
phpBB [video]


you had to do that before each game, because theses settings arent in an options menu.



How can this post not raise any eyebrows? It actually makes help defense finally existent! Although I still dont like the AI on helping out, finally they will help out when you iso.

Great find, but how bad is the 2k development team when the CPU does not use ANY of the settings available. How bad is that!? I am so glad I was lucky and only spent 10 bucks on the game on ebay. They dont deserve any money for that.
User avatar
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 5076
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:33 am
Location: Augsburg, Germany

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Lagoa on Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:15 pm

Hey guys, this bug apears after patches?

Because i remember play 2K18 with Cavs, and after 2 or 3 drives, CPU IA make Defense adjusts to help LeBron Drive. Remember include a 4 "3s in the key" for CPU in one game in a row, because i set "iso" with James.

So, anyone here test defense with game on 1.01 version?
Sorry my Bad English
User avatar
Lagoa
 
Posts: 2562
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:05 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brasil

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:57 am

hova- wrote:How can this post not raise any eyebrows? It actually makes help defense finally existent! Although I still dont like the AI on helping out, finally they will help out when you iso.


It's probably not a good solution for some people :roll:

Happy it can help you ;)

Lagoa wrote:Hey guys, this bug apears after patches?

Because i remember play 2K18 with Cavs, and after 2 or 3 drives, CPU IA make Defense adjusts to help LeBron Drive. Remember include a 4 "3s in the key" for CPU in one game in a row, because i set "iso" with James.

So, anyone here test defense with game on 1.01 version?


Trap is not on Auto for CPU on 1.01 (got a backup of all versions).

For trap, it's very strange without a human correction : it seems that AI do it sometimes, but rarely and only on aliens like LeBron, KD, MJ.
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:57 am

hova- wrote:How can this post not raise any eyebrows? It actually makes help defense finally existent! Although I still dont like the AI on helping out, finally they will help out when you iso.


It's probably not a good solution for some people :roll:

Happy it can help you ;)

Lagoa wrote:Hey guys, this bug apears after patches?

Because i remember play 2K18 with Cavs, and after 2 or 3 drives, CPU IA make Defense adjusts to help LeBron Drive. Remember include a 4 "3s in the key" for CPU in one game in a row, because i set "iso" with James.

So, anyone here test defense with game on 1.01 version?


Trap is not on Auto for CPU on 1.01 (got a backup of all versions).

For trap, it's very strange without a human correction : it seems that AI do it sometimes, but rarely and only on aliens like LeBron, KD, MJ.
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:24 am

sticky-fingers wrote:It's probably not a good solution for some people :roll:


Eye roll? Why?

I havn't had a chance to try this, I've had a lot going on in my personal life. When I do, I will report back. Does this do anything to curve how easy it is to get by the one on one defender with anybody?
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5358
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby skoadam on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:27 am

I can already say, its not solution, not even close.
ImageImage

URB WHERE SIM HAPPENS [34 Complete Seasons Mods] DOWNLOAD HERE

2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016
2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013 2011/2012 2010/2011
2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006
2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003 2001/2002 2000/2001
1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996
1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993 1991/1992 1990/1991
1989/1990 1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986
1984/1985

ImageLike it? Motivate me for more
User avatar
skoadam
U R Basketball - Where Sim Happens
Contributor
 
Posts: 7137
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:52 am
Location: PL

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Lagoa on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:57 am

Guys, i´m testing some stuffs and find a possible "fix" but need mooooore test.

All this stupid bug is on IA action on ball defense. So, i CHANGE SLIDERS and put:

ACCELERATION 1 (USER) and 99 (CPU)

In my first tests, CPU Defense is reeeeally more agressive. So, try it.
Sorry my Bad English
User avatar
Lagoa
 
Posts: 2562
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:05 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brasil

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:03 am

I've also tried that Lagoa, and it did nothing. While yes I was slower when moving forward, I still easily got my defender on my side on my drives. All you have to do is keep moving forward, trust me.

And I've stated this before, even if that DID work, it would be complete crap. The feeling of being stuck in the mud is horrible when acceleration is at 1, and it's really sad that we can still just get to the hoop with it at 1.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5358
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Lagoa on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:17 am

I have some results here Cavs vs Warriors. Some team defense and better body defense. But i need to test more.
Sorry my Bad English
User avatar
Lagoa
 
Posts: 2562
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:05 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brasil

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:37 am

Lagoa wrote:I have some results here Cavs vs Warriors. Some team defense and better body defense. But i need to test more.


Cool, post a video if you can when completed.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5358
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Lagoa on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:56 am

yep!
Sorry my Bad English
User avatar
Lagoa
 
Posts: 2562
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:05 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brasil

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Lagoa on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:05 am

Yep, nothing work...man, it´s AMAZINH how ON BALL DEFENSE not exists on this game.... players (best defenders in the NBA) chose the weak side EVERY PLAY!!

OWWWWW 2k Sports, for the SECOND YEAR IN A ROW, the game is stupid on defense, it´s a joke! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Sorry my Bad English
User avatar
Lagoa
 
Posts: 2562
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:05 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brasil

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:07 am

Going back to the question of patches for a moment, I'm fairly certain that this has been an issue from Day 1.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator
 
Posts: 101960
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:08 am

Lagoa wrote:Yep, nothing work...man, it´s AMAZINH how ON BALL DEFENSE not exists on this game.... players (best defenders in the NBA) chose the weak side EVERY PLAY!!

OWWWWW 2k Sports, for the SECOND YEAR IN A ROW, the game is stupid on defense, it´s a joke! :evil: :evil: :evil:


Yeah, its really bad...

And Andrew is right, its been an issue since release.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5358
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Lagoa on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:45 am

Its unbelievable right now, because working with ALL players....it´s just drive and u win the game by 30pts....
Sorry my Bad English
User avatar
Lagoa
 
Posts: 2562
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:05 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brasil

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:02 pm

Lagoa wrote:Its unbelievable right now, because working with ALL players....it´s just drive and u win the game by 30pts....


Thats what this entire thread is all about. You can do it with anybody, on anybody. Its insane.... it ruins the game.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5358
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Lagoa on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:09 pm

Anyways, the best "fix" for now is go to opponent before the game starts and put ROTATION "YES" and double team AUTO.

Defense is REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY BETTER inside....help is insane.
Sorry my Bad English
User avatar
Lagoa
 
Posts: 2562
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:05 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brasil

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby intruda on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:55 pm

Agree with everything. Defense is horrible.

Literally got all cpu sliders to 100.

I have a bigger issue with the cpu offense.
intruda
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 10:41 am

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:59 pm

intruda wrote:Agree with everything. Defense is horrible.

Literally got all cpu sliders to 100.

I have a bigger issue with the cpu offense.


I started another post on the cpu offense. It's miserable. Literally the CPU just dribbling into the middle of the paint, and just standing there, and either going up on like 3 people or passing it out to a wide open player who won't shoot. And if he does shoot, he does it on the move for no reason. Every game I have played on HOF I have held the CPU to like 30% from the field, because the AI is just that bad.

They will post someone up, and go up no matter how many people I have in the paint, and all I have to do is push my joystick towards the offensive player and they miss almost every time.

They run fastbreaks like idiots.

This game doesn't resemble NBA basketball to me. It's a mess.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5358
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby fjccommish on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:22 pm

It's like Basketball Jesus, only this time it didn't shame a company into pulling the fundamentally broken product.
fjccommish
 
Posts: 1147
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:11 am

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:50 pm

Lagoa wrote:Anyways, the best "fix" for now is go to opponent before the game starts and put ROTATION "YES" and double team AUTO.

Defense is REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY BETTER inside....help is insane.


happy that helps you ;)

intruda wrote:I have a bigger issue with the cpu offense.


take a look at jacksalas CPU tendencies ; CPU offense is much better.
I think 2K roster is also guilty for this part, because some players are totally dumb.
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Uncle Drew on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:52 pm

sticky-fingers wrote:
Lagoa wrote:Anyways, the best "fix" for now is go to opponent before the game starts and put ROTATION "YES" and double team AUTO.

Defense is REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY BETTER inside....help is insane.


happy that helps you ;)

intruda wrote:I have a bigger issue with the cpu offense.


take a look at jacksalas CPU tendencies ; CPU offense is much better.
I think 2K roster is also guilty for this part, because some players are totally dumb.


Where would you find, Jacksalas CPU tendencies?
User avatar
Uncle Drew
 
Posts: 2474
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:47 pm
Location: The D and it's not Dallas

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby hova- on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:10 am

I am working on a roster right now that fits way better for the CPU. I also changed the CPUs plays according vanwolfhawks plays that fit way better.

So far I am only 5 teams in and I dont have a lot of time, but I like the results. I also have a slider set that makes the game better for me, also the on ball defense - although its still flawed and depends on how you like to play.

I did so far not plan to release anything but maybe I will just share the roster. I also worked on the coaches tendencies taking a look at the real pace of the teams.

I am not sure if we can actually change the systems profiency? I think its only changeable during ingame menu?

I really would love to get the best out of 2k18 to finally play an full myleague again. Havent done that since 3 years because of bugs, bad rosters, lack of time etc.
User avatar
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 5076
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:33 am
Location: Augsburg, Germany

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:15 am

Uncle Drew wrote:Where would you find, Jacksalas CPU tendencies?


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZqUl5PlrY

hova- wrote:I am working on a roster right now that fits way better for the CPU. I also changed the CPUs plays according vanwolfhawks plays that fit way better.

So far I am only 5 teams in and I dont have a lot of time, but I like the results. I also have a slider set that makes the game better for me, also the on ball defense - although its still flawed and depends on how you like to play.

I did so far not plan to release anything but maybe I will just share the roster. I also worked on the coaches tendencies taking a look at the real pace of the teams.

I am not sure if we can actually change the systems profiency? I think its only changeable during ingame menu?

I really would love to get the best out of 2k18 to finally play an full myleague again. Havent done that since 3 years because of bugs, bad rosters, lack of time etc.


Interresting, i'll follow your work ;)
I'll release new sliders too.
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Lagoa on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:40 am

Working now on use sticky-fingers tips (CPU defense strategy) and lower HARD USER FT att! It´s way better on inside abuse. But it´s not perfect yet
Sorry my Bad English
User avatar
Lagoa
 
Posts: 2562
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:05 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brasil

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby skoadam on Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:14 am

Ok, its time to post my opinion.
I was rly happy when Leftos and Jao joined 2k. Ofc i was suspicious, because im too old and i know how corporation works but...i rly want to believe that they will keep THEIR COMMUNITY in TOUCH. It was ok together with 2K16 release, not bad with 2K17 but now ?! I mean rly, most active thread in 2k18 section, REAL PROBLEM.... no SINGLE WORD. I know im one of NLSC contributor but hey! This is so obvious, they both gone. NO SINGLE WORD. I understand, they cant say much, rly have no problem with this but FOR SAKE give us some sign in patches.
For me it looks like 2k hunted for most talented community persons, here and OS or youtube just to have little attention and opinion like : hey 2k is almost like us, normal users.
ImageImage

URB WHERE SIM HAPPENS [34 Complete Seasons Mods] DOWNLOAD HERE

2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016
2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013 2011/2012 2010/2011
2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006
2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003 2001/2002 2000/2001
1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996
1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993 1991/1992 1990/1991
1989/1990 1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986
1984/1985

ImageLike it? Motivate me for more
User avatar
skoadam
U R Basketball - Where Sim Happens
Contributor
 
Posts: 7137
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:52 am
Location: PL

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:25 am

Unfortunately devs only browse Operation Sports when it comes to feedback. If you want anything to change, you need the entire website complaining about it. I would start there to get noticed.
User avatar
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor
 
Posts: 1970
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:02 am
Location: Ireland

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby skoadam on Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:32 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:Unfortunately devs only browse Operation Sports when it comes to feedback. If you want anything to change, you need the entire website complaining about it. I would start there to get noticed.

please check 2k16 section and activity of OUR 2K MEMBERS there. I know what im saying.
ImageImage

URB WHERE SIM HAPPENS [34 Complete Seasons Mods] DOWNLOAD HERE

2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016
2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013 2011/2012 2010/2011
2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006
2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003 2001/2002 2000/2001
1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996
1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993 1991/1992 1990/1991
1989/1990 1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986
1984/1985

ImageLike it? Motivate me for more
User avatar
skoadam
U R Basketball - Where Sim Happens
Contributor
 
Posts: 7137
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:52 am
Location: PL

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:23 am

skoadam wrote:
PeacemanNOT wrote:Unfortunately devs only browse Operation Sports when it comes to feedback. If you want anything to change, you need the entire website complaining about it. I would start there to get noticed.

please check 2k16 section and activity of OUR 2K MEMBERS there. I know what im saying.

Oh well I'm talking about the current moment. There's obviously a reason why they're a lot more inactive, probably due to the fact that those two guys would get a lot of heat. I mean... 2K have clearly shown they don't really care about the PC version, no anti-cheat, late patches, very little support in general. I wouldn't blame it on Leftos and Jao. It's not their job to make up for 2K's mistakes, they're not hired to deal with customers. I mean the things they do respectfully (MyGM/MyLeague and 2KTV) are actually some of the best aspects and well made things about the game.
User avatar
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor
 
Posts: 1970
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:02 am
Location: Ireland

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby skoadam on Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:50 am

Its all true.
btw. Jao in 2ktv always sounds like a joke to me, sry. I rly respect his work but....2ktv? :roll: :D i have no idea which emot is correct here lol
ImageImage

URB WHERE SIM HAPPENS [34 Complete Seasons Mods] DOWNLOAD HERE

2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016
2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013 2011/2012 2010/2011
2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006
2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003 2001/2002 2000/2001
1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996
1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993 1991/1992 1990/1991
1989/1990 1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986
1984/1985

ImageLike it? Motivate me for more
User avatar
skoadam
U R Basketball - Where Sim Happens
Contributor
 
Posts: 7137
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:52 am
Location: PL

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Barkley_Sixers on Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:12 pm

Watching the NBA makes me want even more to play an acceptable basketball game. So, I'm even thinking about quitting anything related to basketball until 2k19 launches. That's how bad they messed up this game. First of all, there are so many big heads in this game that I find it pointless to release mods to fix them. They are literally everywhere. But, most importantly, is the mess regarding AI in general. Might as well call it NBA Jam 2k18 with the Big heads and Arcade basketball
User avatar
Barkley_Sixers
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:52 am

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:08 pm

skoadam wrote:Ok, its time to post my opinion.
I was rly happy when Leftos and Jao joined 2k. Ofc i was suspicious, because im too old and i know how corporation works but...i rly want to believe that they will keep THEIR COMMUNITY in TOUCH. It was ok together with 2K16 release, not bad with 2K17 but now ?! I mean rly, most active thread in 2k18 section, REAL PROBLEM.... no SINGLE WORD. I know im one of NLSC contributor but hey! This is so obvious, they both gone. NO SINGLE WORD. I understand, they cant say much, rly have no problem with this but FOR SAKE give us some sign in patches.
For me it looks like 2k hunted for most talented community persons, here and OS or youtube just to have little attention and opinion like : hey 2k is almost like us, normal users.

skoadam wrote:Its all true.
btw. Jao in 2ktv always sounds like a joke to me, sry. I rly respect his work but....2ktv? :roll: :D i have no idea which emot is correct here lol

You see, we can agree sometimes :lol: I had the same statement in another thread; Andrew has already replied on that subject , they're working for 2K, not on the gameplay :turrible:
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby lurumagno on Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:24 pm

sticky-fingers wrote:I dont play in MyGM, but in MyLeague, you can change side.

If you want to stay on mygm, and if there's no way to change side ingame, you have to use cheat engine.
i dont make a table, but i'm pretty sure it can be fix with CE ; i think you have to set the values for local and for the visiting team.


Hi again!

It works mate.I changed "zone frecuency use" and some things in sliders too,and NOW i can say this is a challenge.The best thing is that I have not had to increase the defensive consistency of the machine or anything like that.

I will upload a video soon.

Regards and thanks.
Last edited by lurumagno on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lurumagno
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:06 am

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:51 pm

happy that helps you :) thanx for the feedback (Y)
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby lurumagno on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:28 am

Here is the video,in spanish but I hope it helps you:

phpBB [video]


First at all you need put in Superstar or HOF dificulty (i am not a pro,so i am playing on Superstar) and later move sliders.

The good thing about this is that you can move the sliders to make it more difficult, like preventing shots, defensive consistency ,defense on ball,speed,etc... I dont do it because I want the CPU to win me to play better than me, without cheating it.

Remember to change "frecuency Use of zone".If you put in 100 You will leave too many spaces for three shooters.
Contact in pentrations in sliders is important too.

Regards.
lurumagno
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:06 am

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Lagoa on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:35 am

YEah, Here i just change the DOUBLE TEAM (auto) and Rotations (yes) for CPU and the defense is amazing again! 1on1 defense still stinks, fact, but help defense is AMAZING again.

I remember to play 2k18 and CPU play zone defense, i think 2K update rosters and remove this options for the new rosters. So, turn this stuffs for me works great! Thks sticky-fingers! :D
Sorry my Bad English
User avatar
Lagoa
 
Posts: 2562
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:05 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brasil

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:44 am

Couple things here.

The comment "without cheating it" means that you are playing the game to allow the CPU to beat you and not using your strengths on the court. By saying that, you are saying that even though you know you can run by the computer at any time with no moves, you won't do it and because of that the CPU is harder? Think about that for a second. That means that the game you played isn't even real, it's not a real competition. How is that fun at all? We are supposed to adjust to the CPU to win, we are supposed to have strategy to win, you are telling me that in a 2017 sports simulation that the AI is so incompetent and flat out horrible that we have to let the CPU compete and win? Let that sink in for a moment.

I can beat NES Contra without dying, maybe I should walk into some bullets to make the game more of a challenge. Or maybe I should jump into a couple holes. Actually, maybe I'll just not use the S (spread gun) in the game and just play the whole game with the Machine Gun, that way I die more and it's more of a challenge.

In regards to the help defense, so the on ball defense is still complete trash. Meaning that there is no difference with me getting by my guy with John Wall or Trevor Booker, and it doesn't matter if I'm driving on Leonard or Novak. So essentially... player defensive ratings are fluff, they are for show, they don't matter, and offensive players dribbling abilities etc don't matter.

Why the hell would I want to play a broken game like that? Also, I havn't tried the above mentioned steps, but I have tried all the other ones people said would work and they absolutely did not.

The skating in this game is also a complete killer, it's like they are playing on ice with tennis shoes. Put the game in slow motion and go close up on the players feet, watch how every step they are sliding all over the floor. It looks and feels ridiculous.

The AI in this game absolutely stinks.

The CPU offense is so bad, and is ridiculously easy to stop with icon switching. Maybe I should just not use Icon switching, that way the CPU gets easier shots and has a better chance of beating me. Maybe I should not push my joystick towards the offensive player to make him miss, maybe if I did that the CPU offense would not shoot 3 for 19 to begin a game, only to be blown out by me only running towards the hoop with no moves while shooting like 70% from the floor.

I went back and played NBA 2K9, 2K10, etc. And the AI absolutely would destroy you if you didn't play smart. I lost a regular season game against the Cavs using the Celtics on 2K10 by 30 because I wasn't playing smart. They literally were picking apart my defense, taking smart shots, pummeling me. Offensively, I failed because I wasn't running much of anything, I was trying to play iso ball all the time, I was exploited because of it.

Seven years later, and the AI plays like absolute trash, and it also ruins the user vs user experience. And, they brought back skating to make the game feel even more unrealistic.

Maybe I should ignore the fact that this game boasts itself as a simulation, but the gameplay itself is the furthest thing from it, and the big heads all over the league, bodies that do not look like athletes, the worst most unrealistic atmosphere in 2K history, the lighting that doesn't resemble a real broadcast at all, ratings/tendencies and signatures that are a lot of times just flat out unrealistic and inaccurate (that don't even impact the gameplay anyway because the gameplay is so bad).

All the while maybe I should just ignore the fact that 2K boasts ratings that they mostly paid for, brag about sales and "being the best", meanwhile milking the consumer base for every penny they have using a VC system that basically forces people to pay to compete, otherwise they will suck and not be socially accepted in the game.

In regards to Operation Sports, they look at that one not only because it's the most popular site, but because it's a controlled site. People have to tip toe around real issues, you can't even create new topics as a new member. 2K loves a controlled atmosphere to pull feedback from, because that way it's more positive. It's not a real measure of the game.

In regards to Leftos and JaoSming, I am guessing they have very little control over how they respond on here, or if they do. They probably are not allowed to comment on these things, and that's not their fault, I don't hold that against them. The gameplay itself probably has nothing to do with them either. I actually feel bad in a sense for someone like JaoSming who probably has opinions he wants to express on here, but has to stay silent because he works for 2K. I don't blame him for choosing the route of working for the company, if I was ever to receive an offer to do so in a capacity (like that would ever happen) it would probably be a dream come true. Basketball and basketball video games (and playing) is the biggest part of my life. I just had a league game on Thursday and just being out there playing the game I love was the greatest feeling ever, it is whenever I play.

This game does not feel like real basketball to me at all, it feels like an arcade game, a poorly executed one.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5358
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:20 am

Lagoa wrote:YEah, Here i just change the DOUBLE TEAM (auto) and Rotations (yes) for CPU and the defense is amazing again! 1on1 defense still stinks, fact, but help defense is AMAZING again.

I remember to play 2k18 and CPU play zone defense, i think 2K update rosters and remove this options for the new rosters. So, turn this stuffs for me works great! Thks sticky-fingers! :D


Thanx for the kind word.
CPU is even better in MyLeague with All teams (NBA/Classic/All Times) ;)
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Lagoa on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:43 am

Man, now, defense is HARD here in MyLeague.... :lol:
Sorry my Bad English
User avatar
Lagoa
 
Posts: 2562
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:05 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brasil

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby skoadam on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:08 am

Dee4Three wrote:Couple things here.

The comment "without cheating it" means that you are playing the game to allow the CPU to beat you and not using your strengths on the court. By saying that, you are saying that even though you know you can run by the computer at any time with no moves, you won't do it and because of that the CPU is harder? Think about that for a second. That means that the game you played isn't even real, it's not a real competition. How is that fun at all? We are supposed to adjust to the CPU to win, we are supposed to have strategy to win, you are telling me that in a 2017 sports simulation that the AI is so incompetent and flat out horrible that we have to let the CPU compete and win? Let that sink in for a moment.

I can beat NES Contra without dying, maybe I should walk into some bullets to make the game more of a challenge. Or maybe I should jump into a couple holes. Actually, maybe I'll just not use the S (spread gun) in the game and just play the whole game with the Machine Gun, that way I die more and it's more of a challenge.

In regards to the help defense, so the on ball defense is still complete trash. Meaning that there is no difference with me getting by my guy with John Wall or Trevor Booker, and it doesn't matter if I'm driving on Leonard or Novak. So essentially... player defensive ratings are fluff, they are for show, they don't matter, and offensive players dribbling abilities etc don't matter.

Why the hell would I want to play a broken game like that? Also, I havn't tried the above mentioned steps, but I have tried all the other ones people said would work and they absolutely did not.

The skating in this game is also a complete killer, it's like they are playing on ice with tennis shoes. Put the game in slow motion and go close up on the players feet, watch how every step they are sliding all over the floor. It looks and feels ridiculous.

The AI in this game absolutely stinks.

The CPU offense is so bad, and is ridiculously easy to stop with icon switching. Maybe I should just not use Icon switching, that way the CPU gets easier shots and has a better chance of beating me. Maybe I should not push my joystick towards the offensive player to make him miss, maybe if I did that the CPU offense would not shoot 3 for 19 to begin a game, only to be blown out by me only running towards the hoop with no moves while shooting like 70% from the floor.

I went back and played NBA 2K9, 2K10, etc. And the AI absolutely would destroy you if you didn't play smart. I lost a regular season game against the Cavs using the Celtics on 2K10 by 30 because I wasn't playing smart. They literally were picking apart my defense, taking smart shots, pummeling me. Offensively, I failed because I wasn't running much of anything, I was trying to play iso ball all the time, I was exploited because of it.

Seven years later, and the AI plays like absolute trash, and it also ruins the user vs user experience. And, they brought back skating to make the game feel even more unrealistic.

Maybe I should ignore the fact that this game boasts itself as a simulation, but the gameplay itself is the furthest thing from it, and the big heads all over the league, bodies that do not look like athletes, the worst most unrealistic atmosphere in 2K history, the lighting that doesn't resemble a real broadcast at all, ratings/tendencies and signatures that are a lot of times just flat out unrealistic and inaccurate (that don't even impact the gameplay anyway because the gameplay is so bad).

All the while maybe I should just ignore the fact that 2K boasts ratings that they mostly paid for, brag about sales and "being the best", meanwhile milking the consumer base for every penny they have using a VC system that basically forces people to pay to compete, otherwise they will suck and not be socially accepted in the game.

In regards to Operation Sports, they look at that one not only because it's the most popular site, but because it's a controlled site. People have to tip toe around real issues, you can't even create new topics as a new member. 2K loves a controlled atmosphere to pull feedback from, because that way it's more positive. It's not a real measure of the game.

In regards to Leftos and JaoSming, I am guessing they have very little control over how they respond on here, or if they do. They probably are not allowed to comment on these things, and that's not their fault, I don't hold that against them. The gameplay itself probably has nothing to do with them either. I actually feel bad in a sense for someone like JaoSming who probably has opinions he wants to express on here, but has to stay silent because he works for 2K. I don't blame him for choosing the route of working for the company, if I was ever to receive an offer to do so in a capacity (like that would ever happen) it would probably be a dream come true. Basketball and basketball video games (and playing) is the biggest part of my life. I just had a league game on Thursday and just being out there playing the game I love was the greatest feeling ever, it is whenever I play.

This game does not feel like real basketball to me at all, it feels like an arcade game, a poorly executed one.

Fully agree (Y)
ImageImage

URB WHERE SIM HAPPENS [34 Complete Seasons Mods] DOWNLOAD HERE

2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016
2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013 2011/2012 2010/2011
2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006
2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003 2001/2002 2000/2001
1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996
1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993 1991/1992 1990/1991
1989/1990 1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986
1984/1985

ImageLike it? Motivate me for more
User avatar
skoadam
U R Basketball - Where Sim Happens
Contributor
 
Posts: 7137
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:52 am
Location: PL

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby StyxTx on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:47 am

Dee4Three wrote:
In regards to Operation Sports, they look at that one not only because it's the most popular site, but because it's a controlled site. People have to tip toe around real issues, you can't even create new topics as a new member. 2K loves a controlled atmosphere to pull feedback from, because that way it's more positive. It's not a real measure of the game.



I've been banned from there cuz I didn't agree with all the positive stuff and let it be known I didn't agree. Basically, you can't speak your mind UNLESS you are agreeing with everyone.

To me, if everyone agrees all the time it's pretty boring. I like hearing different views because I am just one person and I can't think of everything. I've read some pretty good opposing views to some of the things I've said on here.
User avatar
StyxTx
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:54 pm

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:10 am

StyxTx wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
In regards to Operation Sports, they look at that one not only because it's the most popular site, but because it's a controlled site. People have to tip toe around real issues, you can't even create new topics as a new member. 2K loves a controlled atmosphere to pull feedback from, because that way it's more positive. It's not a real measure of the game.



I've been banned from there cuz I didn't agree with all the positive stuff and let it be known I didn't agree. Basically, you can't speak your mind UNLESS you are agreeing with everyone.

To me, if everyone agrees all the time it's pretty boring. I like hearing different views because I am just one person and I can't think of everything. I've read some pretty good opposing views to some of the things I've said on here.

Yeah I know, but if you get the whole forum agreeing on something that actually opposes 2K (which is extremely rare because everyone are 2K yes men over there) devs take notice.

A couple of months ago, I was complaining about some of the inaccuracies with the art of the game (that have been ignored for nearly a decade) before the game even came out and people were not happy. I got a lot of comments disagreeing with me and even some OS mods telling me I was being unfair and that I should appreciate the work they do. Some moderator threatened to ban me via private message if I continued to "belittle" the devs even though I was just giving my feedback on some of the classic team art. I rarely ever go to that extremely biased forum.
User avatar
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor
 
Posts: 1970
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:02 am
Location: Ireland

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:50 pm

OS seems to be biased with game editors. And every year there's a long article for NBA 2K on OS about the best new things of the next game. But there's never a review of the preview :roll:
We're a lucky that NLSC admins and moderators let us debate here.
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:06 pm

My philosophy with the NLSC is basically "fans, not fanboys; critics, not haters". The goal is to cultivate a welcoming atmosphere where we can talk positively and negatively about the games, and express our honest opinions either way. Obviously there is a code of conduct, so people who are being abusive or nasty - or constantly derailing conversations - will be asked to reel it in (and ultimately shown the door if they refuse and keep causing trouble), but it's my hope that people don't feel like they're walking on eggshells here and that we can effect positive change, as well as have a good time. With any luck we're already achieving that, and will hopefully continue to succeed in that mission.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator
 
Posts: 101960
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby StyxTx on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:16 am

sticky-fingers wrote:OS seems to be biased with game editors. And every year there's a long article for NBA 2K on OS about the best new things of the next game. But there's never a review of the preview :roll:
We're a lucky that NLSC admins and moderators let us debate here.


I agree. I'm glad I found NLSC.

I definitely can trust what people say on here much more than I could on OS since they tend to censor things over there.
User avatar
StyxTx
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:54 pm

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:47 am

This is why I am a NLSC lifer, as in my opinion, heavy censorship in favor of developers, big corporations, big names, politicians, people speaking out in general, is a huge problem in the world today. This relates to real world problems that are far more important than video games, but it's the same concept.

I am a realist, if you can't tell it like it is, the point of you telling it is pointless. This thread is huge, in part because people agree with me, in part because people are free to express disagreement with me, but most importantly the fact that we have a platform that allows us to agree and disagree.

NBA 2K18 is the most underwhelming, dissapointing 2K title that I have ever played. As in, it was the biggest let down after all the hype. When the gameplay falls that short, they can have all the features/modes in the world, and it means squat. It also amplifies the other issues in the game like big heads and atmosphere.

I am extremely dissapointed in 2K Sports/Visual Concepts for getting such a big head. For having the audacity to reach out to reviewers to try and change the score they applied to the game, the fact that they got so big and continue to push the envelope more by gauging the populations pockets via a deeper VC grab, the bragging and boasting.... meanwhile forgetting what got them to this point: A NBA simulation sports game that gives the best gameplay in any sports video game, a game that had true substance, that set itself apart from the rest.

I'm glad I have 2K17 from December 2016, and that I own many past basketball titles. It doesn't make what they are doing right, though.

And no, I'm not saying that this link I am sharing is comparable in terms of seriousness. But this is the type of censorship I am talking about, and has been in the news the last couple days. MANY people knew about Louis CKs masturbating in front of women who did not consent to such behavior, many people including the writer tried to get the story out. Only to be constantly blocked, called names, etc. It ruined this person's career. The reason I am sharing this is because it goes in line with my first couple sentences of this thread. Louis CK was a big name, an A-List comedian (and my favorite before I heard about this), because he was such a big name, he was protected and anybody that spoke in negativity about him or brought allegations forward was silenced. The only reason this story broke is because of the "me too" movement that occurred, which had a numerous amount of women come forward on each one of these sexual deviants.

Again, this is far more serious than 2K trying to change review scores, or OS silencing critics. But you get the point.

https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/gyjkq9/i-tried-to-break-the-louis-ck-story-and-it-nearly-killed-my-career
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5358
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Lagoa on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:46 pm

Working on the most agressive CPU defense sliders ever! :lol:

It´s not perfect, LeBron can abuse on drives in some times, but now, its 6/10 FG compared to 10/10 is my first tests. So, i will testing more. Will release here. :D (Y)
Sorry my Bad English
User avatar
Lagoa
 
Posts: 2562
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:05 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brasil

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:47 pm

i have to share mine too, but i never launch 2K18 online :cheeky:
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests