NBA 2K18 Bug Reports

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

NBA 2K18 Bug Reports

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:16 pm

NBA 2K18 Bug Reports

This is our official bug report topic for NBA 2K18. Please keep all posts constructive, civil, and on-topic. Please also use the follow template when posting issues, so as to provide clear and concise information about the problem you're having:

Code: Select all
[b]Bug description:[/b]

[b]Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One):[/b]

[b]Game Mode:[/b]

[b]Any additional information (steps to reproduce, etc):[/b]

Also, a couple of things to keep in mind...

What IS a bug

A mode or feature that isn't working as intended. This includes issues such as game crashes, data not saving (or being suddenly erased), non-functioning menus, weird behaviour and glitches during gameplay, and the like.

What ISN'T a bug

Anything that's working as intended, but you simply don't like or agree with. This includes player ratings that you disagree with, a feature you don't care for, an outdated face/hairstyle, and so forth. That's all valid feedback, but they aren't bugs, so they don't belong in this topic. Feel free to post them in other topics discussing feedback about NBA 2K18.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Re: NBA 2K18 Bug Reports

Postby DrFunk on Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:49 pm

Game just crash to windows desktop without any notifications

PC desktop GTX 1080 with the latest driver

Mainly happened in Myteam
DrFunk

Postby ironknight on Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:38 am

Is there anyone here who cannot connect to the 2K Servers? I've been trying to connect 2k18 to the internet since yesterday and I still can't
2K is love, 2K is life

Facebook Page: 2K Mods by Iron Knight

ironknight

Postby manfisman on Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:30 pm

DrFunk wrote:Game just crash to windows desktop without any notifications

PC desktop GTX 1080 with the latest driver

Mainly happened in Myteam

This happened to me as well on MyGM
manfisman

Postby Hadley88 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:13 am

There is a super annoying bug when you tab out. If you tab out the Game thinks you disconnected your Gamepad and when you are back in you have to click Select but then it thinks its a different Gamepad and changed from P1 to P2 so you have to go to choose sides and choose your team again...
Hadley88

Postby EnterTheV01d on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:50 am

Bruh hell nah i just bought haircut and beard but they gave me this cut but shaved my eyebrows and beard ffs brooo wtf and they took my fkn vc i cant go to myplayerlab just to get my eyebrows back and threw haircut away smh

EnterTheV01d

Postby Dmayne on Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:30 am

i have a white mark/spot near mid screen between during gameplay, timeouts, and quarters. but the spot is not there when i pause. anyone else have this?
steam digital standard version
ultra preset for graphics, 1920x1080

timeout- https://imgur.com/fOptHAB
gameplay- https://imgur.com/a/oOvmO
paused- https://imgur.com/a/upkzD

edit:
yea found that this bug was reported already on os forums a few times, hopefully 2k takes care of it soon.

edit 2:
the cause: after your first timeout call it will appear and remain for the rest of the game.
Last edited by Dmayne on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmayne

Postby DrFunk on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Dmayne wrote:i have a white mark/spot near mid screen between during gameplay, timeouts, and quarters. but the spot is not there when i pause. anyone else have this?
steam digital standard version
ultra preset for graphics, 1920x1080

edit:
yea found that this bug was reported already on os forums a few times, hopefully 2k takes care of it soon.

lol i thought it was a dead pixel from my new monitor thank god it's not!
DrFunk

Postby Dommy73 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:29 pm

Bug description: Teammate grade taking huge hits for bad reasons
Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One): PC (presumably all platforms)
Game Mode: MyCareer (NBA games)
Any additional information (steps to reproduce, etc): For example I lost the ball, but it went out of bounds off of an opposing player. I was hit for half the whole grade for losing the ball and another half (resulting in whole grade down) for turnover than never happened.
Another example would be getting hit for allowing offensive rebound of players I'm not supposed to guard. Or allowing man to score after switching.
Finally I'm getting hits for fouls even if it's on a poor free throw shooter and he doesn't hit the original shot. "Good foul" bonus is extremely inconsistent.

From design point of view we are back to huge maluses and small bonuses.
i7-6800K, 16GB @ 2400MHz CL14, 980 Ti Classy
Fedora 26 for everything meaningful, Windows 10 for games and video entertainment

ImageImageImage
Dommy73
Making 2K16 newbs quit like Curry in the Finals

Postby SC1211 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:12 am

Anyone not able to search for uniforms during MyLeague? I type a common keyword (i.e. Sonics) and no results appear.
SC1211

Postby bobwinch on Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:12 am

Bug description:

Huge FPS drops online (quick game).

None whatsoever offline.

Platform:

PC

Game Mode:

Quick Game Online

Any additional information (steps to reproduce, etc):

4 games played, still the same issue.

Are you experiencing the same trouble?
bobwinch

Postby Kallabow on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:16 am

Bug description: VC dissapearing after NBA games in MyCareer. About 300-400 VC being lost after each game.

Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One): PC/Win10

Game Mode: MyCareer

Any additional information (steps to reproduce, etc): An example
Kallabow

Postby ILucKingDouradz on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:26 am

Bug description: I have a problem in my career. I have already uninstalled and installed the game, and checked the integrity of the files and the problem continues. I try to get into my career and it appears that problem.
This is at 0% and will not go to mycareer.
Platform: PC[Steam]

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Mode: MyCareer

The problem is in the image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ILucKingDouradz

Postby matt219 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:56 am

Bug description:
Pre-order bonus items are gone after deleting first MyCareer file

Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One):
PC (Steam)

Game Mode:
MyCareer

Delete first MyCareer file, create new MyCareer and boom the items are nowhere to be found.

So actually I've submitted a ticket and been in contact with 2K support, it's a bit disappointing cause turns out that these pre-order items are attached to the first MyCareer file instead of to 2K account (hence it's not globally available).

The pre-order items you had were all attached to that MyCAREER file, they do not share on separate files. But, we can clone that character back for you and you should receive all the items back!
matt219

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:00 pm

Hopefully the patch addresses this, as that's not good at all.
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby bt2k1 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:38 pm

Bug description:

Best Player Of The Game Announce Too Early

Platform:

PC

Game Mode:

My Career

Any additional information:

my team is only up by 6 with 2:52 left in the 4th qtr then suddenly after the timeout kevin harlan announce the player of the game it happen to me almost all the time. :shock:
bt2k1

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:03 am

Bug description: Assists don't register properly in 2K Pro-Am

Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One): PlayStation 4

Game Mode: 2K Pro-Am

Any additional information (steps to reproduce, etc): Similar to last year, assists register very inconsistently. I've even had an alley-oop not count as an assist, for no reason at all.

phpBB [video]

Andrew
Administrator

Postby cavs4872 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:05 am

Neighborhood playground games on PS4... they work fine if you have a PS4 Pro, but if not - borderline unplayable frame dropping; would be surprised if this doesn't get fixed ASAP. Server maintenance tomorrow morning.
cavs4872

Postby Jackal on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:47 am

Bug description: Changing players in system proficiency screen doesn't save in MyLeague.

Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One): PS4

Game Mode: MyLeague

Any additional information (steps to reproduce, etc): The Lakers system proficiency seems to have Clarkson in the middle, Ingram as the SG, Ball as the PG, Zubac as the PF and Randle as the SF. I change them to the players I want/have on my roster (Cousins in the middle, Randle at the 4, Ingram at the 3, PG at the 2 and Ball at the 1) but it never saves. I even tried the square button which is the reset to starters and it sets it back to the Clarkson at C line-up.
Jackal

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:26 am

Bug description: No playcalling message after a selected play

Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One): PC

Game Mode: Any

Any additional information (steps to reproduce, etc): Whenever you choose (on manual playcalling) or your coach chooses (on auto playcalling) a play, there is no playcall message with the name of that specific set. I've had the playcalling message feature turned on for both "user plays" and "all plays" but it doesn't make a difference.
Last edited by I Hate Mondays on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Hate Mondays

Postby bolleque on Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:02 am

Hi!

Has anybody got problems with resolution settings on PC?
I am usually connected to 19'' square screen (I know it sucks ;) ) and occasionally I switch to 65'' TV 16:9. I changed resolution accordingly to 1920x1080 - my PC cannot afford more.
When I returned to my standard 19'' square I cannot change resolution back to previous. The setting is simply inactive. I can change anything in video settings but this one.
I hope it does not mean full reinstall :(
bolleque

Postby dwdufour on Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:11 am

Bug description: Can't paint rotation minutes in advanced rotation menu

Platform: PC

Game Mode: Roster Editor
dwdufour

Postby dwdufour on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:09 am

Also, my non computer model player portraits are fuzzy.
dwdufour

Postby Fungtys on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:34 pm

Animation bought. VC paid. Nothing got. Still ask you to buy! Loop!

Please check after buying any animation to avoid the bug. I am reinstalling the game and have deleted all saved data. After download the cloud data back to the game, those steps would be retried and we would see what would happen.

Code:
[b]Bug description: as above

[b]Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One): ps4

[b]Game Mode: mycareer

[b]Any additional information (steps to reproduce, etc): while buying any signature animation, e.g. dunks amd shots
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fungtys

Postby sarella on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:46 am

Bug description: No controll over player in neighborhood 3v3 park game

Any additional information (steps to reproduce, etc): Game works fine everywhere else in all other game modes, all other things in MyCareer neighborhood. But soon as I join 3v3 game at "park" I have no controll over my player. PS4 and Xbox controller, plus keyboard just wont work, cant do nothing. Only ALT+F4.
sarella

Postby MaxMBox on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:26 am

sarella wrote:Bug description: No controll over player in neighborhood 3v3 park game

Any additional information (steps to reproduce, etc): Game works fine everywhere else in all other game modes, all other things in MyCareer neighborhood. But soon as I join 3v3 game at "park" I have no controll over my player. PS4 and Xbox controller, plus keyboard just wont work, cant do nothing. Only ALT+F4.

Check if your current gamepad is Controller 1(in PlayNow mode for example). I'm playing with PS4 controller but I have EXEQ (Russian company that assembling pads using chineese details) pad as reserve for friends. And the first time I played in Park I have had the same issue. Then I noticed that my PS4 pad was 'Controller 2' and EXEQ pad - 'Controller 1'. Keyboard - 'Controller 6' as I remember. And with EXEQ pad I had full controll over my player. So I disconnected EXEQ pad and everything is fine now. If I need 2nd controller I connect it later and all good
MaxMBox

Postby Dwell On on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:57 am

Bug description: overall controller adjustments are not saving after a new start of the game. like "skip pass", "vibrations" etc.

Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One): PC (presumably all platforms)

Game Mode: tested in Mycareer and myleague

Dwell On

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:45 am

Bug description: The defense is broken. Watch my videos below, the videos tell the whole story.

Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One/PC): All Platforms

Game Mode: All

Any additional information (steps to reproduce, etc):Just run towards the hoop with the ball, anybody in the league can get to the rim at any time on anyone, help hardly ever comes, and you will win every game by blowout.....

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby benji on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:36 pm

When Kevin Harlan says a player has just grabbed/now has/etc. a certain number of rebounds, it's always one less than they actually have. This has been in the game for years.

I've actually personally told Leftos about this, and was surprised recently that Jao's never noticed it when we chatted. Part of me less wants it fixed than a detailed story about how it's escaped either notice or fixing when it seems like a simple clean up fix. In fact, I hope it's never fixed. You hear me! Kevin Harlan if you read this, start doing it in real life too!
benji

Postby fastridah090377 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:15 pm

Pls help milwaukee bucks is invisible... :( :( :(
fastridah090377

Postby JDJ47 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:38 am

I'm playing on the PC version and I'm not able to download any created teams for myleague. I'm also not able to save any files for myleague. I had this problem in NBA2k17 and it was fixed months later in a patch.
JDJ47

Postby zata on Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:20 pm

Bug description:
MyCareer Crashing at 57%
Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One):
PC/Steam
Game Mode:
MyCareer
Additional Info:
Pretty much what the description says. I played a gamein MC, finished it, and went through all the post-game stuff. When I went to exit the locker room and go into the neighborhood, the game crashed when it hit 57%. That was last week, and I haven't been able to play since. Every time I load it up, it crashes when it hits 57%.

I have tried verifying the game files through Steam and did a complete reinstall but nothing has worked. I also tried to create a new MyCareer file to see if it crashed, but it was able to load the neighborhood just fine, so maybe it's a corrupted save of some sort? I filed a support ticket with 2K last week but they haven't gotten back to me yet and I highly doubt they will.

If you guys have any idea how to fix this or how it happened it would be much appreciated.
zata

Postby RawrDaddy on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:44 pm

Anyone had a fix to the All Star Weekend bug onPC in MyCareer?

Played Rising Star (all fine and dandy. Returns back to Calender when finished), Once you get to 3PT Contest - is where the issues start.
Can play it, but you wont be able to quit/advance the end of it. Just leaves you at the End Game Menu where (normally quit) ADvance is an option. But advance is a non responsive button.

And if you restart game, once you click on MyCareer - IT GOES STRAIGHT back into loading the 3PT contest, no way to get back to the MyCareer Menu/Calender

So just finitely stuck. Tried loading the save file under diff acctsand renaming and etcetc -but same results every time.
RawrDaddy

Postby hova- on Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:43 pm

Have you ever experienced that in the "edit player" screen the values for attributes and tendencies are missing?

I only see arrows left & right but cannot see the values for the attributes and tendencies.

I wanted to edit players via CE but the game tends to crash every now and then so I went back to doing it ingame.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby albertdwayne on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:05 am

Everytime i go to edit some shoes in the shoes editor. the shoe is not there which leads no customization of shoes the only thing i can see is grey lines

albertdwayne

Postby hova- on Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:54 pm

hova- wrote:Have you ever experienced that in the "edit player" screen the values for attributes and tendencies are missing?

I only see arrows left & right but cannot see the values for the attributes and tendencies.

I wanted to edit players via CE but the game tends to crash every now and then so I went back to doing it ingame.

Sorry if I bump this, but I really need a solution and was hoping somebody else had this problem and found a way to solve it. I cannot edit my roster properly without seeing the ratings ... :(
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby shaunandrew225 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:05 am

In My Career when I equipment ANY pair of Jordan shoes before game it converts to 2K shoes. No matter what I do it forces me to wear 2K shoes. After the game I get a message from Bryan saying Jordan doesn't like me wearing other shoes during game and I may lose my deal, as if it's my fault I'm wearing 2K stuff. This just started happening today after an update on PC. Of course I can't wear my Jordan signature shoe during the game even before this update. Also when I get the message from Bryan to go to practice facility for commercial it kicks me back into the neighborhood. It seems I'm about to lose my shoe deal and it's not my fault!!!!!!
shaunandrew225

Postby homicide1550 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:18 am

shaunandrew225 wrote:In My Career when I equipment ANY pair of Jordan shoes before game it converts to 2K shoes. No matter what I do it forces me to wear 2K shoes. After the game I get a message from Bryan saying Jordan doesn't like me wearing other shoes during game and I may lose my deal, as if it's my fault I'm wearing 2K stuff. This just started happening today after an update on PC. Of course I can't wear my Jordan signature shoe during the game even before this update. Also when I get the message from Bryan to go to practice facility for commercial it kicks me back into the neighborhood. It seems I'm about to lose my shoe deal and it's not my fault!!!!!!

Having this very same issue. Can't equip those damn Jordan shoes, it got stuck with the 2K default shoes.
Visit my Facebook page: Kicksfix: homicide1550

Click image to view the thread!

KicksFix 2K12 2K13
(Live08) RISE UP! A Cleveland Cavaliers Dynasty

Ranked 7th, Top 10 Dynasty Hall of Fame

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby CSA on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:30 am

I have been searching about this and didn't find any solution or even the same complain. I'm currently playin' MyCareer offline. I'm in 2nd season and I try to play All Star 3 Point contest but I can't see the play button. Can't play it even though my player has selected to 3 point contest. I can play rising stars and All Star Game tho. Please help me.
CSA

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:49 am

Since you posted about this issue in the NBA 2K14 section as well, which game are you actually referring to? If it's NBA 2K14, please keep it out of the NBA 2K18 section. I realise it's the more prominent and active section, but it's still off-topic (if indeed you are referring to NBA 2K14), which gets confusing for everyone.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby CSA on Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:48 am

Andrew wrote:Since you posted about this issue in the NBA 2K14 section as well, which game are you actually referring to? If it's NBA 2K14, please keep it out of the NBA 2K18 section. I realise it's the more prominent and active section, but it's still off-topic (if indeed you are referring to NBA 2K14), which gets confusing for everyone.

Oh I'm sorry. I just signed up. I didn't realize I also wrote on NBA 2k14 section. It's NBA 2k18.
CSA

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:29 pm

No worries, appreciate the clarification.

I play MyCAREER with online connectivity and I haven't reached the All-Star Weekend yet, so I can't offer any insight myself. If it's a bug though, the only solution might be to sim past it, or wait for a fix that may or may not ever come from 2K.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Azuriol on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:26 am

Custom Shoe Creator

PS4

MyCareer

Within the game, sometime after you get your custom colorway shoes, the soe company you signed on with will eventually allow you to create your own shoe. I was excited abiut this but it also took me a long time to create laters upon layers of different designs to create that perfect look for me. After a grueling hour or two of thinking and redesignng, I created my shoe and renamed it! All was well until I went to equip the shoe only to discover it looked nothing like the shoe it created! One shoe was even a different color from the other! Shiny metallic brown blob on one foot and shiny metallic multicolored blobbing shit on the other. I then went outside and back inside only to have them change again. To this purple color. If I unequip the shoe and re-equp it, it reverts back to this mess!
Azuriol

Postby johnwest1985 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:50 am

Bug description: When playing multiplayer (all mods except mypark) the game stops shortly after the jumpball and i get this message: "A network problem has been encountered that prevents gameplay from continuing. This game will not be counted.

PLATFORM: PC

GAME MODE: All multiplayer modes

ADDITIONAL INFO: I use windows ten and a wireless connection. I have great download speeds since we have FIBER internet here. I have tried numeroes things now:

- disable upnp
- create a static IP adres
- make exception for steam and nba 2k18 in windows firewall
.change graphic setting for crowd and sideline dudes...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im really desperate for help. I actually did finish a game once which is rather strange to me so it should be possible to play, Notice that i did install a custom roster once ( DNA ) and placed it into the remote folder but this cant be the issue since when i play online the roster get reset anyway to default.
johnwest1985

Postby Dommy73 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:27 am

Bug description: Badge progression events wiped when saving and exiting

Platform: PC (I'd assume all)

Game Mode: MyCareer (NBA game)

Any additional information (steps to reproduce, etc): Played a game, but had to leave at roughly 11 minutes left in 4th quarter, so I called a timeout to save the score and everything and used the save and quit mycareer button. To this point I had done many things to improve my badges including (but not limited to) scoring immediately after an offensive rebound, contact dunks, etc.
I start up the game next day, finish the game and get only the badge progression events from the 4th quarter.

This also affects VC gains and Cap Breaker.
i7-6800K, 16GB @ 2400MHz CL14, 980 Ti Classy
Fedora 26 for everything meaningful, Windows 10 for games and video entertainment

ImageImageImage
Dommy73
Making 2K16 newbs quit like Curry in the Finals

Return to NBA 2K18