All-Time Teams will be featured in NBA 2K18!

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

All-Time Teams will be featured in NBA 2K18!

Postby iamSamke on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:03 am

NBA 2K18 will feature All-Time Teams for all 30 NBA franchises, comprised of the best players in each team’s history. Dee's gonna love this!

iamSamke

Re: All-Time Teams will be featured in NBA 2K18!

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:07 am

Ohhhhh man.

Hell yeah, good on them. May need some tweaking (Players put in that we didn't have the rights to). But yeah, pumped they are doing this!

This will make it so I can spend more time on the Draft, Classic Teams, and single season(s) rosters.

Good lookin out!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:17 am

So will the pelicans basically feature their current squad or will we see the return of primoz brezec and Gerald Wallace

Will the thunder basically be the Durant/Westbrook/harden team most people long for? They better not put Payton and Kemp in there
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:20 am

That's awesome! And of course, I see this after we wrap up recording this week's Podcast. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby iamSamke on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:37 am

[Q] wrote:So will the pelicans basically feature their current squad or will we see the return of primoz brezec and Gerald Wallace

Will the thunder basically be the Durant/Westbrook/harden team most people long for? They better not put Payton and Kemp in there

That's actually really good question. Is LeBron going to be included in both Cavs and Heat All Time Teams? What about Melo? Or maybe even Rodman?
iamSamke

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:38 am

[Q] wrote:So will the pelicans basically feature their current squad or will we see the return of primoz brezec and Gerald Wallace

They said for all 30 teams, meaning Kemp and Payton would be on the Thunder if they are going by history. They are part of that same ownership.

Along those same lines, the Bobcats were a new franchise, that became the Hornets. Technically, the Hornets now (Ownership same as Bobcats, the new franchise) would have Kemba Walker and other Bobcats and current Hornets. The Pelicans technically follow the ownership path of the original Charlotte Hornets, as it went Charlotte Hornets, New Orleans Hornets, New Orleans Pelicans. For example, you can't technically put Larry Johnson on the Same all time team as Kemba Walker, because say Larry Johnson Played through the 90's, 2000's, 2010's and stayed with the same franchise, he would be a Pelican right now, not a Hornet, he never would have been a teammate of Kemba.

So I don't know how they will do that.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:40 am

iamSamke wrote:

That's actually really good question. Is LeBron going to be included in both Cavs and Heat All Time Teams? What about Melo? Or maybe even Rodman?

I hate duplicates on these teams, because if you want to face off, you have Shaq vs Shaq? that's silly. It also hurts the MyLeague experience if you want to do a MyLeague with all time teams.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:43 am

It would certainly help fill the teams out if you do duplicates. I mean, the Heat history is relatively short so you'd have to include LeBron but obviously he'd be on Cleveland too. But it is problematic if a great player has moved around quite a bit.

I wouldn't put shaq on the suns or Celtics and it certainly wouldn't be fair to put a shaq in his prime on those teams so I guess you'd have to limit it to if they were great while they were on that team. Not like nba playgrounds putting Chris webber on the warriors when he was at the end of his career
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby ThePointForward on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:47 am

Dee4Three wrote:
iamSamke wrote:

I hate duplicates on these teams, because if you want to face off, you have Shaq vs Shaq? that's silly. It also hurts the MyLeague experience if you want to do a MyLeague with all time teams.

Wasn't there some kind of a remove duplicates feature announced? Might be only for fantasy draft though.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Barkley_Sixers on Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:22 am

I do this myself since 2k12, and they will do the work for me now? Amazing. Obviously I will tweak it to fit my personal preference (They better let us do it), but it will be so much easier now
Barkley_Sixers

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:48 am

[Q] wrote:It would certainly help fill the teams out if you do duplicates. I mean, the Heat history is relatively short so you'd have to include LeBron but obviously he'd be on Cleveland too. But it is problematic if a great player has moved around quite a bit.

I wouldn't put shaq on the suns or Celtics and it certainly wouldn't be fair to put a shaq in his prime on those teams so I guess you'd have to limit it to if they were great while they were on that team. Not like nba playgrounds putting Chris webber on the warriors when he was at the end of his career

Wilt Chamberlain is another example. The lasting image of him is when he played for the Lakers and won a title in 1972, but he also won a title with the 76ers, and scored his 100 points as a member of the Warriors. His number has been retired by all three franchises, and he spent at least four seasons with each team.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kingjames23 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Now as long as we can edit the ages of the players on these squads, and use them in MyLeague... I think I am all set. This will mean that Professor2k & Franchise Play's rosters will be obsolete...? Maybe guys like Brian Mazique can just get to play the game now lol. Im sure there will be a few missing legends here and there, but this is such good news.

http://en.hispanosnba.com/nba/history/t ... st-players

This site shows the top 10 guys in franchise history, and the top 5 players per decade for each team... So figure in the top 10, then pick 5 out of the other all decade teams... and there you go.

So, just as an example...

They should stick with mostly classic players... a team like the 76ers... none of the current guys are even close to being all time greats

So these guys for sure...

Wilt Chamberlain
Dolph Schayes
Hal Greer
Charles Barkley
Julius Erving
Billy Cunningham
Johnny Kerr
Allen Iverson
Maurice Cheeks
Moses Malone

These guys if the roster goes up to 15

Andre Iguodala
Hersey Hawkins
Andrew Toney
George McGinnis

One of these guys gets left out...?

Chet Walker
Earl Lloyd

Its all just speculation of course. I can't wait to see who fills out the rosters for real.
kingjames23

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:43 pm

Here's hoping they've secured the likeness rights for Barkley and Miller at last.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:52 pm

Last I've heard he wanted 2K to give money to retired players and they declined. So I wouldn't necessarily count on it.

I believe he said something along the lines of 1 million USD to retired players union yearly for his likeness.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:56 am

I wasn't aware that they'd responded. If that's the case, I guess it doesn't bode well, but I suppose we'll find out soon enough.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:12 pm

They didn't, but I can imagine that Barkley is not going to stand down and 2K managers likely think that one person is not worth 1 million USD.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:14 pm

Time to bring back editable Roster Players.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby diamenz on Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:49 pm

lakers are gonna be so op lol.
diamenz

Postby Barkley_Sixers on Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:12 am

diamenz wrote:lakers are gonna be so op lol.

For me, this is how the Lakers should look like

Jerry West
Kobe Bryant
Magic Johnson
James Worthy
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

PS: Positions here are defined by defense, Magic would still be PG
Barkley_Sixers

Postby Maximus89 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:26 am

That's really exciting, but at the same time I expect very little attention to detail. I expect last gen ported cyberfaces(I want young Wilt!!!) still and other ugly faces. Expect inaccurate body shapes, weak uniforms and arenas, etc. BUT, that's why we play on PC for the modding! If anything, the all-time teams plus 16 new classic teams just makes modding a lot easier.
Maximus89

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:49 am

According to a post by LD2K over on OS, the All-Time teams will be editable (unlike the Dream Team last year), and can be placed into MyLEAGUE. Good news there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Murat on Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:23 am

Dommy73 wrote:They didn't, but I can imagine that Barkley is not going to stand down and 2K managers likely think that one person is not worth 1 million USD.

For me, Chuck does... he might make me buy the game!

He is so fun to play, so fun to listen. He sure does worth a million. only a few can pass him.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Wolfy03 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:13 am

First look to All-Time Lakers Image
Wolfy03

Postby [Q] on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:23 am

Sick! But the numbers look off
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Barkley_Sixers on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:37 am

I think this pic pratically confirms duplicates, because I'm sure they would not put all the Centers on LA and left Orlando, Miami, Milwaukee, Philadelphia and Golden State on the dust. Looks like I have a lot to edit on those teams
Barkley_Sixers

Next

Return to NBA 2K18