New Historical Teams in NBA 2K18?

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

New Historical Teams in NBA 2K18?

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:40 pm

I wrote a Monday Tip-Off article about this a few weeks back, but it seems there might have been a hint in the season finale of 2K TV regarding the future of historical teams. From around the 23:50 mark:

phpBB [video]

The choice of the words "We Believe" seems to have been taken by some on social media as a subtle hint about the 2007 Warriors, but in any case, it seems there's a possibility for new historical content in NBA 2K18 or beyond. Not a confirmation, but a distinct possibility nevertheless.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: New Historical Teams in NBA 2K18?

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:41 pm

With my experience with classic teams from 2K my expectations are extremely low. Even if they do add more they're going to be inaccurate as hell and missing a shit ton of players. That's just how it's always been and I'll be damned if I'm wrong.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:51 pm

That's something I discussed in my aforementioned article. At what point, in terms of missing key players, is it not worth adding a team or keeping it in the game? On that note, we also have to consider that once a team has been added, its assets are available for modding purposes, so even a largely incomplete team has some value in that regard.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:41 am

Andrew wrote:That's something I discussed in my aforementioned article. At what point, in terms of missing key players, is it not worth adding a team or keeping it in the game? On that note, we also have to consider that once a team has been added, its assets are available for modding purposes, so even a largely incomplete team has some value in that regard.

Missing players I can understand due to licensing etc. but when the artwork is inaccurate there is no excuse. Right now in NBA 2K17 every single piece of artwork for the Classic Teams is inaccurate except a couple of cyberfaces which are actually pretty decent. In regards to adding teams, if you can atleast get 7 to 8 licensed players then add away, but anything below that just feels empty.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:59 am

I agree. I suppose for a team that's in really high demand, the starting five plus a sixth man [i]might[/b] be sufficient, but ideally at least seven or eight.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Murat on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:25 am

for 06-07 warriors just 8 or 9 of the guys would be enough to relive that nellie team

add up baron, j-rich, pietrus, jax, barnes, harrington, ellis, biedrins would be enough. maybe adonal foyle or azubuike.

but it seems very little possibility for biedrins to appear as he went downhill after injuries
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:15 am

Well, Biedrins and the rest of the team already had faces in the files for NBA 2K17... so if they don't put them in, I'll easily get them in there.

I like when they add more classic teams, because it gives me more teams to work with as a base for my rosters.

So, I consider this exciting news.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby R4zoR on Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:20 am

Well i'm all in for new retro teams, i'd like them to give us that jordan challenge mode back that was in 2k11, not only MJ related, but like some retro player challenges, like Wilts 100 or something like that for VC rewards, then people would have more possibilities when it comes to the classics.
R4zoR has been modding video games for 10 years now, if you want to help me out in the process financially. You can do so by clicking on this link https://www.paypal.me/modderr4zor I will be more than grateful, for the support.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Postby [Q] on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:07 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:
Andrew wrote:That's something I discussed in my aforementioned article. At what point, in terms of missing key players, is it not worth adding a team or keeping it in the game? On that note, we also have to consider that once a team has been added, its assets are available for modding purposes, so even a largely incomplete team has some value in that regard.

Missing players I can understand due to licensing etc. but when the artwork is inaccurate there is no excuse. Right now in NBA 2K17 every single piece of artwork for the Classic Teams is inaccurate except a couple of cyberfaces which are actually pretty decent. In regards to adding teams, if you can atleast get 7 to 8 licensed players then add away, but anything below that just feels empty.

This I cannot understand. 2K is known for being hyper realistic, as close to the real thing as you can get. They add touches to the regular game that you wouldn't think of putting in the game because they are fans of the NBA as well. But I don't get how with such accuracy in many parts of the game they can let inaccurate jerseys, jersey numbers, etc slide by.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Murat on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:05 pm

NBA 2K17 had some insane features. I hope NBA 2K18 includes some too. I hope we see less "fix the fuckin game" comments in Facebook page.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby diamenz on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:42 am

i can bet that if any new teams are added, they would be teams from the 00's and 10's. the only older school teams we would get would be reggie's pacers and/or bark's suns... any of which would be great.
diamenz

Postby Wolfy03 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:40 am

diamenz wrote:i can bet that if any new teams are added, they would be teams from the 00's and 10's. the only older school teams we would get would be reggie's pacers and/or bark's suns... any of which would be great.

Can't agree more. They are probably gonna add new team from the 00's and 10's.
Wolfy03

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:16 am

Outside of Miller's Pacers, Barkley's Suns, and perhaps the 1997 Rockets if they could license Barkley, which other teams from the 90s and earlier would be must-haves?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:10 am

Andrew wrote:Outside of Miller's Pacers, Barkley's Suns, and perhaps the 1997 Rockets if they could license Barkley, which other teams from the 90s and earlier would be must-haves?

82-83 Sixers
82-83 Spurs (Gervin and Gilmore)
66-67 Warriors (Barry and Thurmond)
66-67 Sixers (Primed Chamberlain)
96-97 Heat (Mourning and Tim Bug)
99-00 Knicks (Finals Trip)
94-95 Spurs (Prime Robinson with Rodman)

I'll be adding all these teams to 2K18 on PC, but I think the console gamers deserve those teams in the default game.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:34 pm

Solid choices. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer