Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby KyotoCarl on Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:54 am

I won't be able to help I'm afraid but I'm a bit fan of your rosters and your general attitude on these forums. Really looking forward to the season rosters!
Have you decided what years to do?
KyotoCarl
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:17 pm

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:55 am

KyotoCarl wrote:I won't be able to help I'm afraid but I'm a bit fan of your rosters and your general attitude on these forums. Really looking forward to the season rosters!
Have you decided what years to do?


Thanks for the support!

Pretty sure I'm doing the 07-08 and the 96-97 seasons.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby KyotoCarl on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:28 am

Dee4Three wrote:
KyotoCarl wrote:I won't be able to help I'm afraid but I'm a bit fan of your rosters and your general attitude on these forums. Really looking forward to the season rosters!
Have you decided what years to do?


Thanks for the support!

Pretty sure I'm doing the 07-08 and the 96-97 seasons.


Sounds great! I'm a big fan of the 95-98 seasons!
KyotoCarl
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:17 pm

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby timmyd on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:18 am

KyotoCarl wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
KyotoCarl wrote:I won't be able to help I'm afraid but I'm a bit fan of your rosters and your general attitude on these forums. Really looking forward to the season rosters!
Have you decided what years to do?


Thanks for the support!

Pretty sure I'm doing the 07-08 and the 96-97 seasons.


Sounds great! I'm a big fan of the 95-98 seasons!



THE 07-08 IS GOING TO BE NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP!! ONE OF MY MOST MEMORABLE SEASONS AND I"VE BEEN WATCHING SINCE 92 DAMNN
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:08 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:21 am

timmyd wrote:
KyotoCarl wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
KyotoCarl wrote:I won't be able to help I'm afraid but I'm a bit fan of your rosters and your general attitude on these forums. Really looking forward to the season rosters!
Have you decided what years to do?


Thanks for the support!

Pretty sure I'm doing the 07-08 and the 96-97 seasons.


Sounds great! I'm a big fan of the 95-98 seasons!



THE 07-08 IS GOING TO BE NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP!! ONE OF MY MOST MEMORABLE SEASONS AND I"VE BEEN WATCHING SINCE 92 DAMNN


It will be a ton of work. But that's the season I will start working on first after the draft roster and the classic teams one. I'll need some help from the talented CF modders in the community for some of the faces, but I think this year I'll have even more help than last.

And I love the 07-08 season.... certainly a good season to have in the game.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby WithAuthority on Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:36 am

What about an ultimate roster base Dee? :cheeky: :cheeky:
Collector & Trader of vintage NBA games, DVD, and memorabilia
User avatar
WithAuthority
ABL Commish
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:43 am

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:54 am

WithAuthority wrote:What about an ultimate roster base Dee? :cheeky: :cheeky:


Well, this is the closest I can do.

- Ultimate Classic Teams Roster (Adding up to 22 new classic teams)
- Ultimate Fantasy Draft Roster (Includes all hidden players in the game, and cyberfaces by community)
- Ultimate All Time Teams Roster (No duplicates)
- 07-08 Season
- 96-97 Season

That's a lot. The top 3 I did for NBA 2K17. Doing every single season in NBA history is not possible at this point, but other than that it's very similar.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:22 am

WithAuthority wrote:What about an ultimate roster base Dee? :cheeky: :cheeky:

A ultimate base roster will never happen if there's only like five guys working on it. We need people to help.... not sit back and wait for it.
User avatar
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor
 
Posts: 1969
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:02 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:38 am

Note: I will probably be adding a donate link for NBA 2K18. NO OBLIGATION. Just if you want to donate towards my time and effort.

For NBA 2K17, I put in hundreds of hours to release those three rosters. It will be no different for NBA 2K18.

Thank you all for the continued support!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby shinron15 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:35 am

I could help with some jumpshot formations once I get 2K18, since I know that 2K will get them wrong for a handful of the classic players
shinron15
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 5:11 am

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:09 am

shinron15 wrote:I could help with some jumpshot formations once I get 2K18, since I know that 2K will get them wrong for a handful of the classic players


I do appreciate the offer, but that's the easy part (also a fun part, ha). More of what takes the longest it attributes, tendencies etc. However. If the new tool TGsoGood is talking about works, my life would be a bit easier for the most part.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby ilja23mia on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:43 pm

Cant wait for 2k18!
hope all the modders from 2k17 will be back for 2k18 fixes.. like Oladipos neck :D :D :D (Y)
Miami Heat All DAY
User avatar
ilja23mia
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:01 pm

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Daex on Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:27 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:
WithAuthority wrote:What about an ultimate roster base Dee? :cheeky: :cheeky:

A ultimate base roster will never happen if there's only like five guys working on it. We need people to help.... not sit back and wait for it.


I'd like to chip in, but what I'd like to see and work on in as another season roster. Maybe 2001. Only problem is, I really have no experience with modding, cyberfaces etc. I only know how to work the attributes/tendencies to try and get close to real stats from a season in simulation. Perhaps I could do this part, and then pass the torch onto someone else willing to help fix the player looks/jerseys/animations?
Daex
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:04 pm

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:36 am

Daex wrote:
PeacemanNOT wrote:
WithAuthority wrote:What about an ultimate roster base Dee? :cheeky: :cheeky:

A ultimate base roster will never happen if there's only like five guys working on it. We need people to help.... not sit back and wait for it.


I'd like to chip in, but what I'd like to see and work on in as another season roster. Maybe 2001. Only problem is, I really have no experience with modding, cyberfaces etc. I only know how to work the attributes/tendencies to try and get close to real stats from a season in simulation. Perhaps I could do this part, and then pass the torch onto someone else willing to help fix the player looks/jerseys/animations?


Hi Daex,

Very possible I could use your help with this part. Attributes and Tendencies were exclusively done by me on two of my rosters, and one of them I did most but had a little help from my brother. I am considering a 2008 season and a 96-97 season... would you be interested in helping with those?

Or would you prefer just 01-02?

Thanks for the interest in helping out!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Daex on Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:49 am

Dee4Three wrote:
Hi Daex,

Very possible I could use your help with this part. Attributes and Tendencies were exclusively done by me on two of my rosters, and one of them I did most but had a little help from my brother. I am considering a 2008 season and a 96-97 season... would you be interested in helping with those?

Or would you prefer just 01-02?

Thanks for the interest in helping out!


Hey there Dee, I can help with 96-97. I understand you got your own system for attributes/tendencies I'd be happy to follow your lead on this and match the players/teams to your baseline.
Daex
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:04 pm

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:28 am

Daex wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
Hi Daex,

Very possible I could use your help with this part. Attributes and Tendencies were exclusively done by me on two of my rosters, and one of them I did most but had a little help from my brother. I am considering a 2008 season and a 96-97 season... would you be interested in helping with those?

Or would you prefer just 01-02?

Thanks for the interest in helping out!


Hey there Dee, I can help with 96-97. I understand you got your own system for attributes/tendencies I'd be happy to follow your lead on this and match the players/teams to your baseline.


Sounds good, I'll keep you posted!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby WithAuthority on Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:37 pm

Thank you so much for your work on this
Collector & Trader of vintage NBA games, DVD, and memorabilia
User avatar
WithAuthority
ABL Commish
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:43 am

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:00 am

Here is a baseline of teams I would like to add over the All Time Teams for a complete classic teams roster. Keep in mind, this would be a ton of work.... but I wanted to put this list out there. I would certainly need a little help from the community.

1. 95-96 Spurs
2. 09-10 Lakers
3. 05-06 Lakers
4. 94-95 Rockets
5. 96-97 Rockets
6. 82-83 Spurs
7. 66-67 Warriors
8. 66-67 76ers
9. 59-60 Celtics
10. 92-93 Suns
11. 99-00 Pacers
12. 05-06 Nets
13. 76-77 TrailBlazers
14. 00-01 Bucks
15. 96-97 76ers
16. 07-08 Wizards
17. 07-08 Jazz
18. 02-03 Magic
19. 09-10 Celtics
20. 13-14 Spurs
21. 82-83 76ers
22. 88-89 Hawks
23. 08-09 Magic
24. 11-12 Heat
25. 91-92 TrailBlazers
26. 89-90 Lakers
27. 99-00 Pistons
28. 06-07 Mavericks
29. 02-03 Wizards
30. 15-16 Cavaliers
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:01 pm

PeacemanNOT wrote:
WithAuthority wrote:What about an ultimate roster base Dee? :cheeky: :cheeky:

A ultimate base roster will never happen if there's only like five guys working on it. We need people to help.... not sit back and wait for it.


Well the main problem for me is that the editor/tool
the game needs to be launched
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:23 am

sticky-fingers wrote:
PeacemanNOT wrote:
WithAuthority wrote:What about an ultimate roster base Dee? :cheeky: :cheeky:

A ultimate base roster will never happen if there's only like five guys working on it. We need people to help.... not sit back and wait for it.


Well the main problem for me is that the editor/tool
the game needs to be launched


I worked around that for NBA 2K17, I put in the time. That's the mindset we need to have in order to move forward sometimes. If the tool isn't created for NBA 2K18, I'll work around it.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:24 am

Do you mean you want to create and prog your own tool ?

I used to edit stats DB on PES (old gen) for myself and the tool i used, W!ld editor, was so good.
It allowed to massive chang, set a value by position for example.
And you only needed the editor and the roster file.
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:52 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Do you mean you want to create and prog your own tool ?

I used to edit stats DB on PES (old gen) for myself and the tool i used, W!ld editor, was so good.
It allowed to massive chang, set a value by position for example.
And you only needed the editor and the roster file.


No, I mean that if we don't get a tool like RED MC, we need to work around it and put in the work to make the rosters anyway.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:44 am

I just got approved to take the 15th off, and the last week of September off from work. I'll have the fantasy draft roster out by end of the month, that way you guys can use all the players who are not in the default game.

Pretty excited. (Y)
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby TGsoGood on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:29 am

Dee4three remember to create all your players in the created player pool. I know you don't like the creted player nicknames but this makes it much easier to transfer players from roster to roster. Also you can swap out created player pools once you fill one up.
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3070
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:47 am

TGsoGood wrote:Dee4three remember to create all your players in the created player pool. I know you don't like the creted player nicknames but this makes it much easier to transfer players from roster to roster. Also you can swap out created player pools once you fill one up.


I want to find a way around that. I am not okay with the announcers calling players by ridiculous nicknames.

I'll explore all of my options. It sounds really stupid when they call the players by those nicknames.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby PeacemanNOT on Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:10 am

Dee4Three wrote:
TGsoGood wrote:Dee4three remember to create all your players in the created player pool. I know you don't like the creted player nicknames but this makes it much easier to transfer players from roster to roster. Also you can swap out created player pools once you fill one up.


I want to find a way around that. I am not okay with the announcers calling players by ridiculous nicknames.

I'll explore all of my options. It sounds really stupid when they call the players by those nicknames.

If I did some investigating through cheat engine I could probably find the address that turns on/off nicknames being used. It would take a lot of comparing though, I don't even know if that would be possible.
User avatar
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor
 
Posts: 1969
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:02 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby CarolusXCI on Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:59 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
TGsoGood wrote:Dee4three remember to create all your players in the created player pool. I know you don't like the creted player nicknames but this makes it much easier to transfer players from roster to roster. Also you can swap out created player pools once you fill one up.


I want to find a way around that. I am not okay with the announcers calling players by ridiculous nicknames.

I'll explore all of my options. It sounds really stupid when they call the players by those nicknames.

If I did some investigating through cheat engine I could probably find the address that turns on/off nicknames being used. It would take a lot of comparing though, I don't even know if that would be possible.


Yea, that definitely seems possible.
User avatar
CarolusXCI
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:23 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:11 pm

Nice!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:49 pm

phpBB [video]


Ugh at 0:42.... 5 fakes on the 07-08 Nuggets and 4 fakes on the 11-12 Thunder. Those are two recent teams.... what a bummer.

I'll have my work cut out for me this year again filling the classic teams. I was hoping for more licenses, especially on the 2000 and up new classic teams.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby CarolusXCI on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:48 am

Dee4Three wrote:
phpBB [video]


Ugh at 0:42.... 5 fakes on the 07-08 Nuggets and 4 fakes on the 11-12 Thunder. Those are two recent teams.... what a bummer.

I'll have my work cut out for me this year again filling the classic teams. I was hoping for more licenses, especially on the 2000 and up new classic teams.


Me too. I thought the reason why they selected teams like the 05-06 Grizzlies for instance was because they got the whole team licensed, but it won't be the case I guess.
User avatar
CarolusXCI
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:23 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:56 am

CarolusXCI wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
phpBB [video]


Ugh at 0:42.... 5 fakes on the 07-08 Nuggets and 4 fakes on the 11-12 Thunder. Those are two recent teams.... what a bummer.

I'll have my work cut out for me this year again filling the classic teams. I was hoping for more licenses, especially on the 2000 and up new classic teams.


Me too. I thought the reason why they selected teams like the 05-06 Grizzlies for instance was because they got the whole team licensed, but it won't be the case I guess.


Here is the way I look at it:

We are golden if the faces are in the files (Most of them). Because atleast that won't create more work for all of us, because I don't want to have to ask the community to help me with cyberfaces for a bunch of players. The first thing I am doing when I get the game is going through all the faces. I am going to sit on my couch, have a coffee with a few turbo shots, and go through faces for like 12 hours. I'll also note the faces I find to create a better CF ID list (Ill add to me last years one). Noting the faces we can use is also really helpful, by that I mean the ones we can overwrite.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:06 am

I don't remember, so sorry for my (stupid) question but why can we edit the roster file off the game ?

I know there's no editor but the file itself is crypted or/and linked to the .exe ?
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby CarolusXCI on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:27 am

sticky-fingers wrote:I don't remember, so sorry for my (stupid) question but why can we edit the roster file off the game ?

I know there's no editor but the file itself is crypted or/and linked to the .exe ?


The game checks if the content within the roster.rdat file matches the checksum, CRC32 or whatever they use to check these things. If they don't match, the game crashes to desktop. We knew what parts of the roster.rdat we had to change to have different accessory colors, jersey types, arena assignments and so forth. But we weren't able to find what bytes are responsible for telling the game if the roster file was alright to be used in-game. So yea, that's pretty much it.
User avatar
CarolusXCI
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:23 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:46 am

Ok, thanx for your answer.
I've found the thread anyway :wink:
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Murat on Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:21 am

Would you try to license Daequan Cook or Yakhouba Diawara?

For a moment I realized that this kind of guys filled up the rosters, the ones we see are the most relevant guys on the roster. However they failed to get Linas Kleiza who was a major part of late 2000s Nuggets but nowhere else. Or Anthony Carter, a veteran guard who lacked perimeter shooting who played for more than 10 seasons but never played in great classic teams.

What about Nazr Mohammed, who was a part of 2005 NBA Champions Spurs?

Man even I couldn't see the great Kendrick Perkins. MAN. He is the starting center of 2008 Celtics. Also starting center for 2012 Thunder. This shocked me most.

Well after you add Kleiza, Carter, Mohammed and Perkins the fakes are reduced to 3 and 2 respectively for '08 Nuggets and '12 Thunder. Just...
Last edited by Murat on Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
this year, again...
User avatar
Murat
I wanted you so bad, dear custom title
Contributor
 
Posts: 5814
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:07 am
Location: Middle East

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:26 am

Murat wrote:Would you try to license Daequan Cook or Yakhouba Diawara?


Yes, if I had the funds to do so. Reason being: Looking at a bunch of fakes on the bench ruins the authenticity of the game.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:19 am

Like most people, I figured that there'd be fewer missing players on the more recent squads. However, the thought occurs that there are still a fair amount of players on those teams who aren't in the league anymore, so they're not automatically licensed. Furthermore, in some cases a player may not be officially retired yet, thus they wouldn't be members of the NBARPA. As such, they might be more difficult to license. Beyond that, there's always the possibility of players asking for too much money, or not wanting to participate for a variety of other reasons. Hopefully their assets will still be hidden away in the game files, and available to be put to use.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
That's a bad luck number.
Administrator
 
Posts: 101816
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Murat on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:00 pm

If they signed a deal with NBARPA, they would also get Charles Barkley. LOL
Image
this year, again...
User avatar
Murat
I wanted you so bad, dear custom title
Contributor
 
Posts: 5814
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:07 am
Location: Middle East

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:54 pm

I'll deal, I'm still determined to get the job done. I am just hoping that the faces that we had last year in the files, will be in the files this year. That's the biggest thing.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:58 pm

Murat wrote:If they signed a deal with NBARPA, they would also get Charles Barkley. LOL

but 2K prefered to sign a deal with Kobe et KJ
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:00 am

sticky-fingers wrote:
Murat wrote:If they signed a deal with NBARPA, they would also get Charles Barkley. LOL

but 2K prefered to sign a deal with Kobe et KJ


Are you guys helping w/ the retro rosters?
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3070
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Jonny2k on Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:28 pm

I'm willing to scroll through the portrait IDs if possible. I think we'll have a harder time this time since the MyTeam portraits this year appear to differ from the standard portraits.
User avatar
Jonny2k
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:47 am

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Jonny2k wrote:I'm willing to scroll through the portrait IDs if possible. I think we'll have a harder time this time since the MyTeam portraits this year appear to differ from the standard portraits.


That would be amazing. A list of those would be really helpful, that is a lot of work though.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby ironknight on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:00 am

Big fan of your work Dee4Three, and if you guys need more manpower, I can offer a helping hand :D I'm really excited for this especially for the 07-08 season since that was the season where my bois won their first rings!
2K is love, 2K is life
Image

Facebook Page: 2K Mods by Iron Knight

Website: ironknight2kmods.blogspot.com
User avatar
ironknight
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:06 am

I live an hour outside of Boston, I bleed green. So the 07-08 season is special for me as well.

What will take the most time is ratings and tendencies, second to that would be cyberfaces.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby ironknight on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:56 am

Dee4Three wrote:I live an hour outside of Boston, I bleed green. So the 07-08 season is special for me as well.

What will take the most time is ratings and tendencies, second to that would be cyberfaces.


Aight man, I'm still trying to learn how to make cyberfaces, but for the ratings, I think I can help with those :) Anything else that needs some graphic editing, I can do as well.
2K is love, 2K is life
Image

Facebook Page: 2K Mods by Iron Knight

Website: ironknight2kmods.blogspot.com
User avatar
ironknight
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:59 am

ironknight wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:I live an hour outside of Boston, I bleed green. So the 07-08 season is special for me as well.

What will take the most time is ratings and tendencies, second to that would be cyberfaces.


Aight man, I'm still trying to learn how to make cyberfaces, but for the ratings, I think I can help with those :) Anything else that needs some graphic editing, I can do as well.


Nice! I'll certainly be in contact.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Jonny2k on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:44 pm

Dee4Three wrote:
Jonny2k wrote:I'm willing to scroll through the portrait IDs if possible. I think we'll have a harder time this time since the MyTeam portraits this year appear to differ from the standard portraits.


That would be amazing. A list of those would be really helpful, that is a lot of work though.

Once we get a tool for checking those portrait IDs, I'll start up doing that. How long did it take for the Limono modifier to come out last year?
User avatar
Jonny2k
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:47 am

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:14 pm

Jonny2k wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
Jonny2k wrote:I'm willing to scroll through the portrait IDs if possible. I think we'll have a harder time this time since the MyTeam portraits this year appear to differ from the standard portraits.


That would be amazing. A list of those would be really helpful, that is a lot of work though.

Once we get a tool for checking those portrait IDs, I'll start up doing that. How long did it take for the Limono modifier to come out last year?


Pretty sure it was out day one.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Recruiting for NBA 2K18 Retro Rosters Creation help!

Postby VGS Network on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:57 pm

I'm down to do a prerelease trailer. Lmk Dee
- VGS Network -
User avatar
VGS Network
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:28 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jchehe123, pistonnation, RedBlueBlur, tmark143, vincekobe and 12 guests