Scripted Games (Online)

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Scripted Games (Online)

Postby TBM on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:34 am

I think this deserves its own thread because of how important it is to the online experience. I just recently started playing 2K17 Play Now Online, and my god. It's so obviously scripted. The game decides when you're allowed to win, lose, steal, have comebacks, etc. I can't count the number of times I've thrown bricks on near-perfect release free-throws or 3s with Curry that for sure would have swished in in single player modes. And then your CPU teammates are always getting reach-in fouls to make the games closer. It's all a complete mess, and leaves the experience completely unsatisfying because you know you had almost nothing to do with the win or loss. How you play is inconsequential to the result.

Anyway, the point of this is to bring attention to the scripting in hopes that VC removes it from 2K18. I don't know a single person that enjoys the games being scripted and out of the their control, so why is it even in the game? Please, for the love of god, get rid of it for 2K18.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Scripted Games (Online)

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:42 am

TBM, this isn't just isolated to online mode, however it may be worse online.

I've played hundreds of hours in offline mode, and I swear the game feels scripted. I understand momentum every now and again, but so many things happen that feel scripted. Like, for example... I can use a team and make tough shots for an entire half (And shoot like 60% from the floor), but in the other half, I'll have much easier shots (Right at the rim, sometimes unguarded) and I will brick everything. I'll use top notch mid range/outside shooters, and miss wide open shots from 10 feet away. Ill go from shooting 60% in half, to shooting 33% in the other.... what?

It feels that way with fouls and animations sometimes as well, like the ball rimming out... but suddenly it takes an unnatural bounce and goes in. Same with the defense, while bad regardless, it literally folds (With the same players on the floor) for long stretches so the opponent can get back into the game.

I feel like this needs to be talked about not just for Online, but also Offline.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA 2K18