Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K18

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K18

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:17 pm

Alright everyone, we want to get an early start on our Wishlist for NBA 2K18, so here is our official NBA 2K18 Wishlist thread. This is the place to post constructive feedback that will be submitted to the NBA 2K Development Team; that means anything from bugs that need fixing, to features that you want to see added or improved upon, to anything else you feel would make the next iteration of NBA 2K better.

A couple of notes and important suggestions on how to give the most comprehensive and useful feedback (based on previous conversations with developers):

Important Notes & Suggestions

Please keep this stuff in mind as you're posting your ideas!

• One suggested format is to post your top 15-20 wishes/suggestions for the game, ie. the 15-20 most important things that NBA 2K18 needs to do/add/improve upon. If you have a couple of extra points, that's fine, but try to prioritise. If you don't have that many suggestions, that's fine too; just post the feedback you have and want to share with the developers.

• Alternatively, post your top ten or so suggestions you have for different aspects of the game, such as gameplay, game modes, presentation, features, and so on. Again, if you have less than ten, no problem. That's a strongly suggested maximum for the lists, not a minimum.

• Make sure that you elaborate and post further details where necessary. There's no need to write an essay - there's nothing wrong with being brief, direct, and to the point - but saying things like "better gameplay" doesn't give enough feedback. Explain how you want gameplay to get better, what changes are required to see an improvement. Mention specific issues, along with relevant improvements and fixes you want to see. A few sentences or subpoints are fine, and will add clarification.

• Be constructive! No insults, flaming or bashing in this thread. If you're not interested in providing actual feedback and discussing ways to improve the game, please move along. If you want to vent about NBA 2K16, please feel free to make use of other threads in the Forum, but this is a thread for constructive feedback only. You don't need to sugarcoat things, or hold back on talking about stuff that needs to be fixed, just don't be abusive or needlessly snarky. Explaining what you think is broken or unsatisfactory, and what you want to see changed, is useful feedback. Telling the developers they're stupid, suck, and you hate them, on the other hand, is not.

• Lists of bugs that haven't been resolved in the NBA 2K16 title updates are also most welcome.

That's about it. Feel free to start posting your ideas and if you have any further questions, just ask. We'll be passing along all feedback, and will likely look at compiling a "Top Wishes" section as the Wishlist takes shape.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K17 by Andrew on Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:46 am.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K18

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:54 pm

Well, i'm looking for my old list for 2k15, and update it, so :

1 - PC : improve engine (next gen version)
2 - Gameplay : improve first step acceleration, specially for fast players. In real NBA, fast PG or aliens do the differences on that point.
3 - Gameplay : improve post defense
4 - Network : improve netcode (partial)
5 - Gameplay : improve IA
6 - Steam : improve integration (Workshop / vats / achievements/ market)
7 - Presentation : forget 2K13/2k14 style : back to 2K10 pre game footage, 2K11 post game options.
8 - Graphics : improve cheerleaders :mrgreen:
9 - Another idea, for association/my player, it will be great to see players getting older (face, hair, weight)

+
10 - Presentation : remove this fucking useless assistant coach
11 - Presentation : remove this fucking useless trampoline half-time animation
12 - Gameplay : improve pump fake defense
13 - Graphics : improve hair cuts, it looks so old gen, specially for caucasian players
14 - Money : Remove VC & other stupids things (like adverts hashtags in 2K16) ! we've PAID AND for a FULL GAME ! or release NBA2K as a Freemium...
Last edited by sticky-fingers on Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
sticky-fingers

Postby TBM on Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:36 am

My big thing would be created player customization. The face morphing for created players in WWE 2K16 is fantastic. If something like that was brought in for the NBA series, it would be great. in NBA 2K15/16/17, the created faces all look the same. The ability to morph as much as you can in WWE 2K16/17, along with the face texture importing, would be a game changer for created players and MyPlayer.

Along with face morphing would be the heavily requested body types. What if I want to be skinny like Steph Curry or KD? What if I want to be more bulky like CP3 or LeBron James? I think an easy solution (although I can't comment on how difficult it would be to code) would be to let us choose real player body types. The most noticeable reason for this aside for players wanting more choices is that in some cases, created bigs look completely ridiculous. If you make a 7'2'' center with a long wingspan, he looks like Gumby. Chances are, if someone is making a 7'2'' center, they're going to want him to look like Shaq, not a point guard on stilts.

Created players in next gen have taken a back seat to MyPlayers. There are no tattoo options to be found for standard created players. My favorite gametype is MyLeague, not MyCareer, so I never get to take advantage of the tattoos, because created players don't have them.

And lastly, more beards. At least add a James Harden type beard. There is a bushy beard in the game, but it's too straight, so it doesn't look right on black players.

Oh yeah, created teams for Play Now rosters and SITUATION MODE.

So to summarize:

• Customized body types
  • Better morphing
  • Tats for created players
  • More beards
  • Created teams for Play Now
  • Situation mode
Last edited by TBM on Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:46 am

My wishlist is pretty simple (like TBM's list)

1. Better create a player options in general, we should be able to create players that look like actual people. All the created players in this game look the same, and a big portion of that is because of the eyes and the body types.

2. Created teams for play now. This would make it so we can make fun rosters for myleague as well, give us a created team option outside of myleague. This could be the same as the one in MyLeague, and people would love it.

3. Find a way to return the spin into a dunk (Think Blake Griffin and Kobe Bryant). The last game where this could be done was NBA 2K13. When I say spin into a dunk, I mean gather your dribble/spin/throw it down.

4. Make the step backs feel more like step backs, they are in slow motion in this game. A player with good speed/quickness should be able to step back quickly to create space and shoot the jumper, in this game, the step back is so slow you hardly ever create space.

5. Tone down lob passes. They still happen far to often.

6. Fix the replays for players... the camera is so close and moves so fast that you can't even enjoy them. I am talking about the player of the game replays, or when you view the box score and select a player to show replays. Also, no music in the post game menu? This has been removed since 2k14. It would be nice to wind down the game listening to the games music while viewing the box score/viewing highlights.

7. Improve defense: Players still get back doored more than James Harden on a Sunday afternoon game on ABC. And I mean good defenders, it happens to them all the time. Also, players just getting beat down the floor constantly when they shouldn't. Sometimes the CPU will get a rebound (not a long rebound) and just fire it up the court and a slow guy (Ill use Shawn Bradley as an example) will be far ahead of Hakeem Olajuwon for some reason, and he will get a wide open dunk... this type of stuff happens A LOT.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby BronBron06 on Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:24 pm

1.) Steal by diving across halfcourt - My teammates should be going past half court instead of standing like an idiot on the other side which lead me to either wasting a timeout or backcourt violation when passing to them.

2.) MYGM - Give us at least some injury slider, going 8 player rotation once every few months due to half of the players being sideline isnt a fun thing to do.

3.) Actual product - If NBA 2k gonna release game early, at least make sure the product is good before selling it. 6 patches in 3 months is ridiculous

4.) Offensive / Defensive style - You knows sag / tight, I hope you can adjust those in the menu to have a global setting for it, so I dont have to change it every single game.
BronBron06

Postby zkritt on Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:11 pm

The most imoprtant thing for me is to split up the offline and online MyCareer.
I don't understand why there should be limitations on a singleplayer mode, other than difficulty of course, in NBA 2K17 you are forced to play a lot of MyPark or ProAM to be able to max out your player for the single player mode. That's just stupid.
It shouldn't be much of a problem to use the same player as a base but level it up separatly, what u earn online can be used only online and what u earn offline can only be used offline.

They could even add some sort of online gym, where u could update your online player, much like the one in training sessions in todays mycareer.
Former teammate of Jonas Jerebko.
zkritt

Postby Dirk Godwitzki on Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:53 am

Pretty simple:

1. A way to play MyCareer mode with/against a friend.
Dirk Godwitzki

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:04 am

Additionally, I think it would be great to make MyTeam two players local co-op. It would be great to do that mode with a friend (as in, do all the challenges with the option for a second player to play on your team with you)
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby StyxTx on Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:02 am

zkritt wrote:The most imoprtant thing for me is to split up the offline and online MyCareer.
I don't understand why there should be limitations on a singleplayer mode, other than difficulty of course, in NBA 2K17 you are forced to play a lot of MyPark or ProAM to be able to max out your player for the single player mode. That's just stupid.
It shouldn't be much of a problem to use the same player as a base but level it up separatly, what u earn online can be used only online and what u earn offline can only be used offline.

They could even add some sort of online gym, where u could update your online player, much like the one in training sessions in todays mycareer.

I agree. I'd like to get rid of using VC to improve our player and have all the different workouts in the gym add to the ratings. Weight lifting for strength, for example. Shooting practice should have meaning to it. Practice three-point shooting to improve that, etc. Like they do in real life.

I'd also like to see the "story" be an option rather than being forced on us. I really have no interest in that stuff. I just want to play basketball. I don't see where it would be so hard to turn the story off with an on/off option.
StyxTx

Postby HyperYellow on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:51 pm

I'd like to be able to click on a team in the standings, and go to their "home page" (Association Mode).
HyperYellow

Postby Book_Gazette on Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:44 am

Alright I'll put some time in this:

1. A game that is just more polished. I would like to see them delay the release maybe 2 weeks or so. This so they can maybe push out a demo or something like that. The game looks fantastic this year, but I want to see some more interesting looking animations, polish shooting, and most of a sim engine that really is based on real life play.

2. More emphasis on PC specs. I want this game to be super optimized on great computers or s*** ones too. I want to see them show neutrality on Nvidia and AMD cards. I also want to see some CPU bias just like in 2K14 as you needed just a decent CPU and you could get some quality output.

3. Smaller packaging. I wondered what happened between the transition of 2K12 and 2K13, as they shrunk their packaging by 20%, and it seemed more easier to patch afterwards. I hope they can slim down some files next year.

4. Modeling and editing. This is a good one I thought of once I started looking at the game. KD is a skinny man, and these body types don't work. In fact older EA games let you specify body type (in an editor), and with some recent edits from Golden Glove, it seems workable. Hopefully someone could hack the roster files also.

5. Don't use VC and grind. I'd like to see more of playing harder rather than paying to be OP. The point of the older games was to grind and grind until you were satisfied. I want that to be brought back.

6. Easier multiplayer. I wonder why 2K won't let us do My Career vs someone online (Thanks T he T :D), and painfully bad on Pro Am also

I haven't got to touch the game yet, and I need a PC sometime soon
Book_Gazette

Postby Nick on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:50 am

Shortlist for MyLeague modes:

--Dual potential attributes: ceiling & floor. So a young athlete might have a high ceiling in the late 80's but a low floor in the low 70's, whereas an older more proven player might have a lower upside but have a higher floor therefore making it a safer pick. And whether or not a player reaches their cieiling depends on: injury/health, how much playing time they get, whether they get the right developmental coaches/schedules/factors.

--An additional ambition: playing time. Maybe call it "opportunity". Right now we have Financial ambition, loyalty, and play for winner. These are all great but is missing one large ingredient that should overarch them all: Often young players are at a stage in their career where they feel they need to prove themselves, and the only way to do that is by getting minutes. "Opportunity" should be a dynamic rating that reduces as they get older or they prove themselves. I.e. Dion Waiters' "opportunity" ambition would be like 95 right now. Whereas people like David West and other veteran ring chasers would have near a 0.

--Bring back "player comparisons" for scouting. Base the comparisons on the prospect's potential as well as their skillset shape.

--Expand scouting reports altogether. Make it more "wordy". Way more text. Not just strengths and weaknesses but also things about team fit. I.e. I want to read things like "this player is more of a transition player than a half-court player". And "This player would suit a pick&roll offense". And "This player has a tendency to pass/move the ball rather than attack the basket'. Etc. I want to make strategic decisions based on the words i'm reading rather than the grades.

--Make player progression more true to life. Have it take into account 3 separate main areas of growth: Skill, Will (mental), or Physical gifts (athleticism/height). The attributes within these categories grow at different rates and for different reasons. Skill-based abilities are mostly developed in training/practice. Mental-based abilities are mostly developed from game experience. And Physical-gifts are mostly something that comes naturally. Even though athleticism can be developed (just look at Steph Curry), for the most part you are what you are. Incremental improvements only. Only 18-19 year olds will have significant improvements in athletic attributes.
All of this should vary slightly depending on the player type, position, coaches, peaks, and whatever else. And some things should have narrower/wider growth margins than others.
And as for regression, there should be a simple rule of thumb: THE ATTRIBUTES IN THE NATURAL/PHYSICAL SECTION ARE THE FIRST TO GO. And they should have a sharper decline than the other ratings. The last to go is the atrributes in the EXPERIENCE/MENTAL section. And it shouldn't actually go down very much at all, if at all! Player's don't lose their mental traits, they lose their body ability, and all of the skills that stem from their body's capacities.

--Change the team chemistry formula so it's less "accumulative" and more "exponential/synergistic". I.e. it's harder to get transcendent/great levels of team chemistry, but when it does, it should have a significant affect on a team's likeliness to win games in MyLeague. The reverse is also true. Suggestion: The default chemistry number could be 0, and teams either go positive or negative from that. team chemistry should be a very significant factor to a team's W/L record, but it should also be harder to come by teams that have a strong lean one way or another (both positive and negative)

--Organizational structure should affect team chemistry too. I.e. from the owner to the staff to the players. Not just the players. A dysfunctional front office trickles down to the team (Sacramento) and the reverse is also true (Spurs).

--Headlines in the media, not social media. There should be a "Headlines" section that represents the proper media and displays what storylines are in the NBA (i.e. ESPN type stuff, then the blog nerd type stuff, then the casual fanboy stuff, all things media, but not twitter!). And as a GM, we should be able to comment/react to certain media headlines, and the players should be reacting to the various headlines and my reactions to the headlines depending on their personality types. Players' morale and chemistry can be impacted positively or negatively based on their reactions. Players should be reacting in all kinds of ways to the happenings of the league. And the media should be explaining to us, the gamer, what is happening behind the scenes of the MyLeague engine, in a sense.

--Be able to edit player body size and tattoos when creating draft classes.

--Be able to edit owner attributes before entering MyGM mode. I.e. the 5-star stuff.

--Create a staff member mode. (coaches, GM's, scouts, for the sandbox)

--Edit developmental curves. In addition to dual potential rating, should be able to choose a players' peak curve: sharp early, gradual, or sharp late. You should be able to set this for BEFORE THE PEAK and AFTER THE PEAK. In other words, you can choose whether a player breakouts out early or late, and then choose whether a player will drop off quickly or late once after their prime.
Developmental curves are generally too gradual as they are now. There should be a large spike at one or two of their offseasons, rather than a gradual increase every year.

--2 new attributes: Form and Experience. They would be both wildly dynamic and fluctuating ratings that change throughout the ML season. Form is rhythm/confidence. Various things should affect it: player personalities, team chemistry, injuries, good games, bad games, staff comments to the media, etc. Then the Experience rating is based on how many minutes a player has played in his career. The more experience a player has, the less he is affected by the "form" swings. The more stablized it becomes. The less susceptible the player is to dropping in confidence/rhythm. So then these two new dynamic attributes work together in tandem as a way of managing a player's consistency / overall rating.

--Generated players are the achilles heal of MyGM mode. The problem is that they can lack specific identity, and that their attributes/tendencies/badges don't really match up to their identity, position, height etc. Make generated prospects based on specific identities. I.e. Generate attributes based on other attributes/tendencies.

--Time to finally revamp the way generated players look. The way these guys looks ruins the suspension of disbelief. Take a page out of FIFA / Pro Evo's book.

--Make winning the championship a bigger deal in terms of presentation. For years winning the chip has felt a little empty. Winning the title is THE ULTIMATE GOAL.

--Bring back magazine covers at certain periods of the season to express certain headlines / hot players / big news / etc.

--There should be a section in MyLeague/MyGM that you can pull up via the nav menu called "internet" or "media" or "network" or "Public relations" or something that allows you to view 3 things:
1. Your email / messages. (private interactions with players, staff and media members to organize meetings, press conferences & events)
2. Media / Headlines (I.e. ESPN type headlines, articles/interviews, major narratives and rumours, what players & coaches are saying in press conferences. this should be integral)
3. Twitter / Social Media
^ this should be an integral hub of the MyGM navigation. You should be able to react to major headlines / hold press conferences about major headlines. Refer to a game called Football Manager to use as inspiration. They do it PERFECTLY.

--Core-level player attributes should increase as the season goes on, not just all at once in the offseason. Various factors should come into play whether a player reaches his ceiling potential (or stays at his floor potential): team staff (development), playing time (experience), health (no/less injuries), as well as their natural upside.

--2 new badges: P&R STOPPER + DEFENSIVE COG. With the modern NBA heading more towards pick&rolls and sophisticated defensive switching/rotating schemes, there's now 2 key badges that are missing: P&R STOPPER: A badge for players who are particularly adept to defending the pick&roll. DEFENSIVE COG: And a badge for players who are particularly locked in when it comes to a being an effective cog within a team's defensive rotation scheme. I.e. being uber aware on constant switches etc. It's a huge element in today's NBA.

--Improve the sense of "making history" in the game. For me that is the whole appeal/purpose of MyLeague modes - to make history. The history of the league should be deep and easily accessible. It should be a primary element of the game, and it should be incorporated into the core of how the game works.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Murat on Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:05 pm

I would wish;

- TNT presentation. This might be used for regular season games/Thursday games/some of the playoffs games, or can be chosen as a presentation type. Other one can be default 2K. They have almost the whole TNT crew except Chuck. With a possible addition of Marv Albert-Mike Fratello, this would be insane. Inside the NBA on 2K? Well I would buy it.

- Realistic body-types. Everyone looks like a hybrid of Ingram & Durant

- Ability to adjust the cutscenes at MyCareer mode. They are too much and too long.

- Update of Euroleague rosters in season, as NBA rosters are updated.

- Something kind of ESPN BottomLine. This was included at NBA 2K10 I guess. Original one used in NBA 2K4 (2K4 had the greatest ever presentation). At the bottom, players could see the game results and news of NFL, MLB, NCAA, UEFA Champions League etc. This must be optional, so user can select whether they want to see this or not. Personally I would.

- Darius Miles & Quentin Richardson's head bump.

- 2001-02 LA Clippers, 1992-93 Phoenix Suns, Jail Blazers
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TBM on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:56 am

I think it's about time to turn the wishlist in. Leftos said any feature requests past Januaryish couldn't actually be added.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:03 pm

If there are any more suggestions, definitely get them in ASAP.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:29 am

- Fix players getting caught on other players so often

- Fix body steals that happen to frequent, as well as blocking being to easy (on hall of fame, I had 5 blocks with I.T on the Celtics... he's 5'9")

- Make us be able to slide side to side faster on defense

-Get rid of the assistant coach "huddle talk" during timeouts

- Make reverse layup animations faster. Nobody in real life goes at full speed for a reverse layup, and suddenly goes into super slow motion to finish a layup on the opposite side of the rim

- Improve the "body up" mechanics so they are realistic, even with body up sensitivity at 0, there are so many body up sequences that make no sense

- Stop with all the A.I fouls on drives, or making the user controlled player reach in when we don't even hit the steal button. Ive played numerous games where over 70 ft's were attempted, and a good chunk of them are when a player rounds the corner to drive to the hoop, and a phantom reach in foul happens

- Stop ruining the game with patches that are supposed to improve it. In the NBA, guarded shots are made ALL THE TIME, the fact that you made it so a shot is almost impossible to make with a hand in the face really makes me question how much basketball you guys watch. You can take a great shooter in NBA 2k, and take a shot with someone underneath you, and the ball wont even hit rim, but when you watch this player in real life, they make these shots contested ALL GAME. When the game first was released, we were able to make several of these shots, and the game felt far more realistic.

- Allow us to Create/brand a team outside of myleague

- Make it so passes don't sail out of bounds on a routine outlet pass. This happens multiple times a game, but NEVER happens in real life. In this game, the player you are passing to can be 15 feet away from you, and wide open, and the pass will go sailing over his head. Also, If a rebounder gets the ball, and looks up court and you have a player wide open ahead of the pack, almost ALL big men can make that pass up court, in this game, MOST of the time the ball goes sailing over the players head. It's extremely unrealistic.

- When running a play (for example, Floppy). It takes like 10 seconds or more for your player to get to his spot. This is not what happens in real life. Running plays takes far to long, which makes me want to not run them at all. If it takes half or more of the shot clock to run a play, we are basically running down the shot clock almost completely on every possession, which does not happen in real life.

- Make the create a player feature more realistic, all the created players look the same, and out of place.

- Get rid of the skinny body types, its the worst. Jason Terry with that body type? really? Kevin Willis? Gordon Haywood? The Greek Freak? Steph Curry? Dominique Wilkins? etc etc, how could you release the game knowing that you guys gave all these guys that body type? It's a huge eyesore in the game, it really hurts the realism

- Classic teams having the most unrealistic dark arenas... Its not realistic and it doesn't add to the "classic ambience" in the least. Give the classic teams some more lively stadiums/crowds, they deserve it.

- Add more classic teams that you already have most of the players for, like the 06-07 Warriors, 04-05 Spurs, 10-11 Mavericks, 05-06 Nets, 09-10 Lakers (really? they weren't added even for the Kobe edition? You have almost everybody from that teams), 11-12 Thunder etc.

Ive put well over 500 hours into this game, I feel I have a great grasp on how the gameplay can be improved. Also, I've been watching the NBA religiously since the early 90s, I have a great grasp on how the game should play compared to real life. You guys need to go back to the drawing board on how contested shot success works, how passing works, how the offense and defensive game flows (as in, player movement, speed of player movement, etc).

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:15 am

I'll add my biggest and single request again: add a training sytem to add/decrease more than one point in players overalls in MyGM/My League, just like you guys do with your roster updates. Some player have differences of +/- 10 OVR by the end of the season with your roster updates, it should be happening in the two game modes I've mentioned before. It would be amazing to have a system which allows players to have the same big growth/decrease, depending on form during some games, usage rate, even training.

+ Improve PC optimisation, still waiting for a stutter fix.
Last edited by I Hate Mondays on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Dmayne on Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:48 am

Thank you Leftos for taking the time to give our ideas to 2k.

Some texture/cosmetic suggestions:

-get rid of real portraits and just use the actual cyberfaces of the players.
-Please update/redo created player/my player. We need more way more varation on bodytypes/skintones/faces/hairstyles/colors/beards/etc
-add/rework pressure shorts to all players in the game from year 1992 to current.
-update penny&shaqs cyberface/bodytype on the 95 magic, can you also change pennies elbowpad to a highband - white for home and black away? equip air up on Penny and get his shoe colorways correct. please?
-can we please get the choice of sock color? Just let us change sock color on each player.
-time for a full theme/scoreboard of TNT/ESPN//NBC/NBA TV? Just get rid of as many 2k logos as you can.
-marv albert and nba on nbc theme for classic games? lol

Classic teams to add:
92-93 suns
94-95 rockets
95-96 pistons
96-97 pistons
96-97 rockets
96-97 knicks
96-97 magic please?
96-97 heat
99-00 blazers
99-00 pacers any reggie miller pacers team will do
99-00 suns
02 kings
03 magic
03 suns
03 wizards
04 lakers

USA teams to add:

ability to change the appearance/face/skintones of the scrubs/no names on classic teams.
add some classic all-star teams
bring back rasheed wallace

Shoes:
add as many classic shoes as you can especially for star/superstar classic players.
please add 2 colors/patterns in the shoes editor for team color 1 and team color 2. This allows us to create the shoe once and use it on multiple players, it also allows the shoes to change colors if a player is moved/traded.
fix/update nike air penny foamposites... your current 2k17 version of the has colors bleeding onto the outsole.

shoes to add:
nike air up- make sure these 2 colorways are possible: http://imgur.com/2soiTT9
air max penny- PLEASE fix the layers so this colorway is possible: http://imgur.com/nK06Erl
nike air penny 2- we did have these where did they go?
nike air penny 4- bring them back, fix them, og magic colorway: http://imgur.com/a/TqKQt

nike air force 180
nike air force max- fab5 colorway is a must: http://imgur.com/a/gtNBx
nike air pippen 1
nike air pippen 2
nike zoom flight the glove
nike reggie miller air total max uptempo
nike barkley cb34
nike zoom 96
Nike shox vc 2

reebok shaqnosis
reebok shaq attaq
reebok kamikaze 1/2

converse aero jam
converse rodman All-Star '91
converse rodman D-Rod High

fila grant hill 1,2,3,and 4

I know this is a pipe dream, but can you provide the PC community with modding tools that we need, every year? To start we need a complete roster/texture/model/audio editor. Thanks 2k
Dmayne

Postby TBM on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:03 am

Hopefully they haven't finalized their gameplan for 2K18 yet.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby I Hate Mondays on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:27 am

Quick, great idea. Easy to implement also.
So whenever a guy is injured, because your game needs a specific number of players present on the bench, the injured player is still there, but he is not wearing an warm-up uniform or anything. He is wearing the playing gear at the beginning of the game, just as like he was on the court and then he was subbed out of the game.
So basically, if you guys need to have a specific number of players on the bench, you could at least give some suits to the injured players not active for the game, just like in real life. That way it won't look weird anymore.
I know it's a small presentation detail, but it would be cool to find it next year in the game.

Edit: I would also love to see some defense for inbounds plays. In late game situations when the game is close, there are a lot of players choking when trying to inbound the ball because the opposing team is defending so good, so they are called with a 5-second-violation. In 2k, never had any difficulties passing the ball inbounds. The same stuff goes for me trying to steal the ball while the CPU tries to pass the ball inbounds. I can't really do it, the stealing animation for this kind of situation is too limited.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:54 pm

Here's my list.

GAMEPLAY

• Remove the "hitch" that stills occurs on certain dribbling moves, especially when trying to accelerate. It's still a bit too exaggerated, and ends up making players feel sluggish.
  • There's also some sluggishness when trying to make quick moves and turn the corner sharply, especially along the baseline. This leads to some out of control moments, and frustrating moments of stepping out of bounds.
  • CPU teammates still have a tendency to dribble out of bounds along the baseline without a lot of pressure, even after it was meant to be fixed by one of the patches. It should happen sometimes, but there are too many unforced errors in this regard.
  • Cut down on the canned moments, especially on pass catches. There are some really bizarre catches where players spin and leap backwards out of bounds, and a lot of warping.
  • Improve clipping. Too often, players' hands clip through the ball, or the ball warps through defenders on dribbling animations, which once again makes gameplay feel a bit canned when it happens.
  • Tone down the effectiveness of Player Badges related to three-point shooting, especially online where lag can be used to create extra space and thus too many open shots because the slow input simply doesn't allow defenders to keep pace with the movements of offensive players. Even offline, things can get a bit cheesy.
  • Tone down the amount of blocks in online games. In 2K Pro-Am especially, too many dunks get blocked. A lot of blocks also happen at belt height, and at times when it should be impossible for defenders to react, or get their arm into position to swat the shot.
  • Cut down on body steals and blocks.
  • Slower players still keep pace with explosive ones. When controlled by the CPU, someone like Andrew Bogut can stay in front of Russell Westbrook way too easily. Speed and explosiveness need to be better represented, without being too over-powered and cheesy, of course.
  • Improve the ability to break free of defenders. Players still get stuck together too easily, and the AI is pretty adept at drawing you into a canned animation, or frustrating tangle.
  • Reduce the effectiveness of the Brick Wall badge, and the ability of defenders to drain the sprint meter as quickly as they do in NBA 2K17.
  • Eliminate the cheesy charging calls that are seen way too often in NBA 2K17, even when the offensive player isn't using sprint, and the defender is moving on the perimeter. There are way too many soft charging calls on the perimeter, at halfcourt, and even in the backcourt, in NBA 2K17, and it needs to be toned down in NBA 2K18, because those calls are rare in the real NBA, and it's become a cheap strategy online in particular (though offline is affected by it as well).
  • Remove the shot timing on layups, or add an option to make it ratings based. I'm just not a fan of how that's worked out in NBA 2K17.
  • Reduce the amount of air-balls and automatic fadeaways that occur when players are closely guarded. NBA players make contested shots going straight up with the shot on a fairly regular basis, so a good release should not be impacted as much as it is following one of the tuning updates for NBA 2K17.
  • On the subject of contested shots, what counts as a contested shot is also pretty generous to the defender at times, especially on late close-outs, and players who are in the vicinity but off to the side, and clearly not doing much to bother the shot.
  • Make passes crisper, with less floaty passes that allow the defense to catch up, or make an interception, when a quicker pass would and should have beaten them.
MyLEAGUE/MyGM

• Add more news pages, in addition to the virtual social media, for users who would prefer article-style updates to social media-style blurbs.
  • Have the amount of playing time/training have more of an impact on the development of players.
  • Add a few customisation options to MyGM. Not to the extent where it's a sandbox experience - that's what MyLEAGUE is for, after all - but a few sliders to correct any issues with injury or trade frequency, and the like.
  • Add the ability to completely disable rule changes in both modes if desired. A frequency slider for the likelihood of suggestions being made and adopted would be good, too.
  • Add the ability to create alternate, retro, and event night jerseys for re-branded teams.
ROSTER EDITING & CUSTOMISATION

• Provide full access to all attributes, bio information, ratings, tendencies, etc, in both Create-a-Player and Edit Player.
  • Add the ability to make mass/global edits to ratings and tendencies, eg all speed ratings +10 if users wanted to create an arcade-style roster.
  • Add the ability to save ratings edits and apply them to a different roster. For example, if you make a bunch of changes to an official roster and save it, then a new roster comes through a few weeks later with some players added, allow the edits of the first roster to be applied to the second, so that they don't have to be done manually.
  • Increase the number of players that can be created.
  • Allow re-branding of teams outside of MyLEAGUE/MyGM. Allow for the importing of local files, in case there are server/Internet problems.
MyTEAM

• Add a "Collector's Shop" where users can purchase specific cards at a premium.
  • Improve pack odds - they're still a bit unfair - and have more than one player card per pack, like NBA Live does with Ultimate Team.
MyCAREER

• Allow more flexibility and development with MyPLAYER Archetypes. For example, the current Playmaker archetype has very restrictive shooting ratings, which doesn't match the style of point guards such as Stephen Curry, Steve Nash, Mark Price, and so on. Ratings caps should be closer to the league average at least, and ideally, drills should allow players to evolve beyond their original archetypes, creating hybrid archetypes and all-around stars.
  • If there's going to be a story, add a lot more plot branching options so that everyone's experience can vary a little, and reduce the amount of pre-determined moments that have nothing to do with what's been going on.
  • Allow users to skip cutscenes if they wish.
  • Add a separate career mode that has no story at all, similar to Creating a Legend or the old style of MyCAREER. It would make subsequent playthroughs much more enjoyable. If nothing else, allow users to skip the story if they've already played through MyCAREER once.
  • Raise the starting ratings for MyPLAYERs. It's silly that a highly touted prospect and potential lottery pick has ratings equivalent to a benchwarmer. Ratings that result in an overall in the high 60s/early 70s would be more appropriate.
  • Introduce separate currency for player upgrades and gear/accessories, so that users don't have to decide between the two (especially early on).
  • Improve the grading logic. Right now, it doesn't take context into account, and is still skewed towards punishing mistakes rather than rewarding consistent good play. Key areas that need to be improved include good/bad shot selection, good defense/defensive breakdown, allow offensive rebound (eg fortunate bounces and bigs out-muscling smaller players aren't taken into account), and the general balance between how much the grade changes on rewards and deductions. There are also bugs where players get hit with a "lose ball" penalty while being fouled on a reach-in, which is simply unfair.
  • Add the ability to call up teammates/contacts to work out on your MyCOURT. Also, add the option to disable their ability to drop by unannounced.
  • Fix the "Beat the Pro" drills where you have to move between spots. Presently, you're locked in place while your teammate collects the loose ball, which usually results in a mad dash to the other spot, a badly timed pass on the run, and a missed fadeaway. Sometimes, you don't even end up where you're supposed to be, and then you can't move! AI teammates also sometimes take their time collecting loose balls (especially ones that have gone across halfcourt), which really hurts on timed drills.
PRESENTATION & VISUALS

• Obtain the full NBA on TNT rights, and brand in-game "broadcasts" appropriately.
  • Allow users to skip more quickly through stats screens and cutscenes during timeouts and the like. Ideally, allow some of these to be switched off, for users who are shorter on time and/or want a more straightforward experience.
  • Take users to an end-of-game screen before proceeding to the post-game show (or have it displayed after the post-game show), in case they want to check out the game stats and don't pause in time.
2K PRO-AM

• Allow users to go straight to 2K Pro-Am from the main menu, or while loading into MyCAREER (as with MyPARK), to cut down on loading and reducing the number of menus that need to be navigated.
  • Add a multiplayer vs CPU option (eg using randomised lineups of NBA players, perhaps based on tier) so that games can be played even when an online opponent can't be found, or users desire a change of pace.
  • Give team owners/designated captains the ability to kick players, and override the game kicking players when their teammate grade gets low. For organised squads, it should be the team's choice as to whether a player is being a bad teammate, or simply made a couple of unfortunate mistakes in quick succession.
  • Give users the ability to import artwork straight away, or at least much earlier. At the very least, allow a custom team logo to be imported, and unlock limited use for it on the court and jerseys. Further customisation and importing options could then be unlocked at higher levels.
  • Allow teams to set match-ups, and switch positions in the line-up if they're not satisfied with the lineup that's been generated. When a lineup features multiple players who play the same position, the lineup building logic isn't always very sound.
  • Cut down on AI teammates faking passes on the inbounds, slowing down the play and preventing quick passes.
  • Conversely, reduce the amount of cheap steals that AI players get. As it stands, they seem to be able to will the ball to them almost magnetically.
  • Increase the intelligence and abilities of AI teammates, so that they don't leave opponents wide open, take several ill-advised shots, or hold the ball too long.
  • Increase the amount of VC earned during 2K Pro-Am games. It was nerfed very unfairly in NBA 2K17.
  • As with MyCAREER, improve the grading logic. It's even more important here, since it can result in players getting kicked after a few mistakes in succession.
  • Fix issues with stats not registering, or registering inconsistently. Assists are very inconsistent, sometimes being negated by a slightly deflected pass, or not counting because a player stepped back or took a few dribbles. Other times, players can receive a pass, dribble the length of the court and score, and the passer will be credited with an assist. Steals are also inconsistent; if a player knocks the ball loose and doesn't pick it up, sometimes the player who collects the loose ball gets credited with the steal, while sometimes the player who knocked it loose does instead. Turnovers are also inconsistent: if a pass is caught and then stripped, sometimes the receiver gets the turnover, sometimes the passer does. Same when there's a pass to a player who steps out of bounds. Currently, it feels like the game just makes everything up as it goes along.
  • Improve matchmaking, as sometimes it takes far too long to get a game.
  • More server stability.
  • Add the ability to directly challenge another squad (may have to be a "Play with Friends" type of option).
MyPARK

• Make it easier/quicker to get a game, or add something to do while standing around waiting to play.
OTHER MODES & FEATURES

• Add a full All-Star Weekend mode. At the very least, we should have the ability to play/practice the Three-Point Shootout and Dunk Contest whenever we want.
  • Try to come to an agreement with some of the key missing players on the classic teams, and get them into the game. Some of the rosters look very strange and lacking, with those players absent!
  • Add an option for detailed shot feedback while shooting around in practice mode, on MyCOURT, or in your squad's 2K Pro-Am arena.
PC VERSION & MODDING

• Ensure the PC port is optimised, and does not encounter performance issues on high end gaming PCs (particularly those with nVidia cards).
  • Make files more modder-friendly, in terms of being able to locate, extract, edit, and re-import them.
  • Add a "custom art" folder, where users can dump modified files and have the game read them instead of what's in the container files.
  • Release official modding tools.
  • While the gamepad is obviously the optimal way to play the game, ensure that if the keyboard is supported, it's functional and working as intended.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:47 pm

FYI, I've submitted the thread as-is, but we'll keep it open a little longer to discuss more ideas and suggestions. Just keep in mind that really big additions that aren't already in the works by this point will most likely have to wait until next year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Old friend on Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:01 pm

1) Export teams feature avaiable IN GAME FOR GOD SAKE!

2) Global files that assure that past eras won't have gear mistakes, for example: Kobe Bryant's arm gear is wrong since ever;

3) Take back Rick Barry's free throw shot, and plz emulate Hal Greer's mini jump at the line too. Where are the simulation???

4) Put more retro teams, more respect about past;

5) Invest again in Euroteams, olympic squads, overseas teams.
Better then ever! :D
Old friend

Postby Rodzilla91 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:21 pm

1 ) A more in depth C-A-P. Not only do all the created players look the same, but there is little depth in changing how your players facial features looks. WWE 2K's CAW features are superb, and while I'm not asking for anything on that scale, I would definitely want something at least a step below it. I also think more hair should be incorporated, whether generic styles, or off players themselves. I would also like more unnatural hair colors or even a RGB system for coloring.

2 ) Ragdoll Physics during contact situations, what I love about Live (and I love little things about the last few releases), is the slight touch of ragdoll physics in the paint, whether foul or a tricky layup, it looks so smooth. 2K has always gotten gripe for the amount and the visuals of animations, and while it may be easier to control whats going on with animations, it leaves a repetitive and sore visual.

3 ) Less forced MyCareer storyline. I do not want to be known for dancing in my moms womb, or considering myself a president. Last gen 2k let you be a role player, or a superstar, as much as you allowed yourself to be. Everyone has gripes saying you're the top dog yet you're a 60 overall. I love the RPG elements added now

4 ) Create A Team return, with myleague/myteam court/logo/uniform editing.
Rodzilla91

Postby EMan on Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:51 am

Coach mode, etc... etc... The same stuff I post in these threads every year. I'm a little late to this one, took getting a whole new PC just to get past the 404 error I got everytime I tried to access these forums for the past half year.

Not that I bought a new PC just to come here, I needed a new PC anyway. Badly.
EMan

Next

Return to NBA 2K18