Body Fixed? you think? :D

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Body Fixed? you think? :D

Postby SIISISI on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:58 pm

You guys think the body is fixed? or still malnourished? for some players
SIISISI

Re: Body Fixed? you think? :D

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:12 am

DanREZx0 wrote:You guys think the body is fixed? or still malnourished? for some players

I hope they don't come back again with those body types... especially after all of the complaints.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby PeacemanNOT on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:33 am

Dee4Three wrote:
DanREZx0 wrote:You guys think the body is fixed? or still malnourished? for some players

I hope they don't come back again with those body types... especially after all of the complaints.

If they do then that says it all.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:37 am

The problem I have, is that I can't believe those body types even made it through production. The fact that a human being looked at the skinny body type, and felt it looked realistic enough to release in the game. Not only that, but the fact that it was added to so many players, some of them who are ripped (Like Jason Terry).

The game pulls in millions of dollars, they have basketball minds working for the company who should know basketball (And how an athlete looks), it's crazy how that even made it into production.

BTW, I am not trying to be negative, just giving my real thoughts on certain things that made it into the final product. Consumer feedback is vital to improve any product.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby PeacemanNOT on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:56 am

Not to mention pretty much every aspect of the art in the game is either flawed or completely wrong.

Courts colours/designs inaccurate, body models (players looking to fat, players looking to skinny) shorts looking like they're from 2001 (way too long). Jerseys looking like floating plastic bags. Accessory colours not matching with jerseys/logos etc. Jersey designs and colours being wrong... there are way too many mistakes to point out with this.

2K can't decide whether they should design the jerseys off of an actual real life jersey that they get from the NBA or look on Sportslogos.net and base it off an inaccurate rushed colour/design template.

Pretty much everything has been rushed, and there are facts to prove it. I wish I had the time to point them out and make a full long documentary about how rushed the game is to the point where they're removing content when it doesn't even need to be removed.

- Removing Create a Legend btw
- 9 body models in 2K16 to 4 body models in 2K17 btw
- Removing a whole texture from the jersey files that adds a cloth look to it btw
- Removing the whole cutscene interaction with Adam Silver in the draft btw

People will read this and just immediately think I'm being whiny or childish or negative, but I think I'm perfectly warranted to say this shit when hasn't been fixed year after year. But as usual 2K is the only basketball game on the PC market so I'll be forced to get it to enjoy modding basketball.... please EA help us.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:35 am

I think it's the way people go about feedback that can sometimes seem "whiny" or "Childish". You back your feedback up with facts, explaining what the issues are and what the solutions should be. That should never be considered whiny or childish.

This is vital feedback in my opinion.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby PeacemanNOT on Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:47 am

At some point I'm going to have to make something backing every complaint up. I'm not huge into the gameplay of the game as I mostly focus on the art as you know. So that category I can't really give my feedback.

I'll wait for 2K18 to come out and see what they have to offer. I hope with Nike taking over this year the art department will actually sit back and say "hey maybe we should fix our shit now with a fresh start". Regarding body types, if they don't fix them/add more they're going to get a lot crap about it.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby bigh0rt on Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:44 am

PeacemanNOT wrote: Regarding body types, if they don't fix them/add more they're going to get a lot crap about it.

As long as people keep buying the game, there's little incentive for them to care.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:13 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:- Removing Create a Legend btw
- Removing a whole texture from the jersey files that adds a cloth look to it btw

Amen, thanx.
And the game isnt as smooth as 2k16
sticky-fingers

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:18 am

sticky-fingers wrote:
PeacemanNOT wrote:- Removing Create a Legend btw

Amen, thanx.
And the game isnt as smooth as 2k16

It was when it was first released.

The patches ruined the smoothness.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:07 am

Sorry Dee, I talk about the game engine.
I can easily run 2k15 @4k/60fps, 2k16 @2k/60fps
But 2k17, from day one, eats graphic memory when i try a resolution above FHD (monitored in NVIDIA inspector)
I dont see a real gap between 2k16 and 2k17.
sticky-fingers

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:33 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Sorry Dee, I talk about the game engine.
I can easily run 2k15 @4k/60fps, 2k16 @2k/60fps
But 2k17, from day one, eats graphic memory when i try a resolution above FHD (monitored in NVIDIA inspector)
I dont see a real gap between 2k16 and 2k17.

Oh okay gotcha, that makes more sense.

Sorry for the confusion.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby TRIIIAD on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:21 pm

They remove features so they can later reintroduce them as "new features."
TRIIIAD

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:32 pm

Features are removed for reasons that aren't always apparent to us, though that doesn't make it any less annoying. In terms of the body models, however, that was just weird. I'm guessing maybe they'd heard the criticisms that some of the previous models looked a little bulky, and ended up overcompensating.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TRIIIAD on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:10 pm

I'm just saying, I'm sure they will soon reintroduce CAL and hype it up as a selling point. Same thing with the body types and the graphics in general, they make them worse over time so they can later make it seem like a huge improvement. That's why 2K14 on PS4/XB1 looks so much better graphically than any subsequent 2K.
TRIIIAD

Postby JBulls on Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:21 am

Andrew wrote:Features are removed for reasons that aren't always apparent to us, though that doesn't make it any less annoying. In terms of the body models, however, that was just weird. I'm guessing maybe they'd heard the criticisms that some of the previous models looked a little bulky, and ended up overcompensating.

They had Steph in the studio when the tech to be able to scan bodies was available. They could conceivably have unique body models now but perhaps they're saving that for the PS5/XBONE2
JBulls

Postby TBM on Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:56 am

JBulls wrote:
Andrew wrote:Features are removed for reasons that aren't always apparent to us, though that doesn't make it any less annoying. In terms of the body models, however, that was just weird. I'm guessing maybe they'd heard the criticisms that some of the previous models looked a little bulky, and ended up overcompensating.

They had Steph in the studio when the tech to be able to scan bodies was available. They could conceivably have unique body models now but perhaps they're saving that for the PS5/XBONE2

Not nearly that simple. With every new body model, you need new jersey models, armband models, wristband models, kneepad models, etc. You can have more body types, yes. Four is not nearly enough. But unique for each player? Not gonna happen.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JBulls on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:45 pm

TBM wrote:
JBulls wrote:

Not nearly that simple. With every new body model, you need new jersey models, armband models, wristband models, kneepad models, etc. You can have more body types, yes. Four is not nearly enough. But unique for each player? Not gonna happen.

Perhaps if they started from 2K14 they could've by writing scripts to generate the jersey models/texture maps, armpads etc to fit on the unique body models and improved the code until it was up to par. I guess this would be fairly complex so maybe it would take a release or two until it was able to be added but not an impossible feat. They could've done it.
JBulls

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:41 am

Remember the "3d body scan" promise...
sticky-fingers

Postby PeacemanNOT on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:46 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Remember the "3d body scan" promise...

That was just misinterpreted by the fans and even the community managers to be honest.

The only thing the body scans do is scan the tattoos and measure the length of their arms/shoulder width/body length which can all be adjusted in the roster editor anyways.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:24 am

Unfortunately, it was another situation where 2K reps didn't provide further clarification, possibly because the info wasn't what the community wanted to hear.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Hadley88 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:54 pm

This Year seems like the "We have new Hair, look everybody!" Year. I doubt they changed anything about the terrible Bodytypes.
Hadley88

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:22 pm

Some of them look a little better in a couple of the screenshots.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Coyroy on Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:28 am

I wonder fat coaches will ever look fat in game?
Coyroy

Return to NBA 2K18