Unlocking items

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Unlocking items

Postby [Q] on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:03 am

Hey guys, this might sound dumb but how do you unlock stuff? At the beginning I didn't think anything of all the locked animations but I've Been finished at 98 overall for quite some time but there's a ton of animations still locked. I was hoping for lonzo balls shot
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Re: Unlocking items

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:50 am

I'm guessing it might be play style based, because that's one of the first things I unlocked. What's your player type?
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:20 pm

I'm a backcourt defender

But there's still a ton of shots, free throws, etc. still locked
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:28 pm

It might be style-based, then. It was one of the first things I unlocked when upgrading my shooting ratings.
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:43 am

Hmm I guess you are limited to shot animations of nba players that have your play style. That's a shame. That's one of the things that shouldn't be limited in my opinion.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:19 am

I'm in two minds about that. On one hand, I agree that complete customisation without those restrictions would be nice. On the other hand, it is a more realistic approach that, for example, bigs can't unlock Steph Curry's jumper.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:46 am

Yeah but I mean it's just an animation. It's not like it makes a big man able to shoot 3s like curry. In live 16 I picked Joakim Noah's shot because I have a bit of an unorthodox release in real life

I just looked again and I have literally 3 shot animations to choose from and the rest are locked.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:52 am

I suppose so. If that's the logic behind it then I understand where they're coming from, but it is restricting all the same. Moving forward, perhaps they should adopt a similar approach to 2K, where you can use the Reward Points to buy any animations you like, qualifying ratings pending in some cases (particularly dribbling and dunking animations).

Andrew
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:15 pm

Yeah i mean having ratings prerequisites for certain animations makes sense. all the dunk animations are locked for me and I get it and have no problem with that.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:40 pm

I'm also a bit iffy on the crates approach for NBA accessories. Even for The Streets, I'd rather spend Reward Points directly on an item of my choice.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:12 am

Yeah I mean it's fine on the regular mode but for the live timed events it's a bit of a grind to get the best item buried at the bottom of the crate. Lots I don't like to rely on having good teammates (a rarity) to get those
I don't mind stuff getting buried on offline modes because I have plenty of points and can buy basically whatever I want, but honestly there's nothing really that cool despite the large number of crates. The coolest stuff I have seen have been for live events and I think it would be better if players had an equal chance of getting any item from the live event crates so they don't have to grind in basically 1 night for 24 hr events like they've been doing
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA Live 18