Broken Coach Logic in The League

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Broken Coach Logic in The League

Postby Izzy Snow on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:10 pm

Anyone else have the same issue where at the end of a close game with just a few minutes left, you're playing with mostly bench players? I'm a 95 OVR PF for the Wizards and in at least 4 of the 9 games I've played, John Wall and other starters are sitting on the bench when I need them the most. I hate this and it makes me not want to play the mode that I actually enjoy if not for this issue. I've told the devs on Twitter. They can easily fix this by giving us the control of the coach i.e. make substitutions, change coach settings, etc.
Izzy Snow

Re: Broken Coach Logic in The League

Postby [Q] on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:36 pm

How's the depth on your team? The Toronto GM was kinda dumb signing me as a 98 rated PG when they already had Kyle Lowry, Ish Smith, and Derozan so we are the top 4 players on the team by far. Everyone else are scrubs so it's hard to find PT for all of the guards on the team
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby StyxTx on Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:05 pm

There are a few late game issues.

One that I mentioned last version, that is still there, is players on the winning team will attempt a shot when there are 1 or 2 seconds left in the game. That shouldn't happen.

Another coach issue is that every team plays exactly the same. There is no difference in game styles.
StyxTx

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:52 am

StyxTx wrote:There are a few late game issues.

One that I mentioned last version, that is still there, is players on the winning team will attempt a shot when there are 1 or 2 seconds left in the game. That shouldn't happen.

Another coach issue is that every team plays exactly the same. There is no difference in game styles.

It seems that the CPU logic is weak in this game in general.

I will play games where I am up by 6 or 7 with 45 seconds to go. The CPU will dribble at the top of the key for like 10 seconds, move the ball around the perimieter, and not take a shot (Passing up many good ones) until the last second of the shot clock. In real life in that scenario, the team is pushing to score as fast as possible in order to make up the difference in score and manage the clock. On one of the videos I posted, Lonzo Ball did this... they needed a basket fast, and he was just dribbling around the top of the key, and they took a shot RIGHT at the end of the shot clock.

As a user, it makes it so easy... because we know if we have a lead that is more than one possession, we are safe because the CPU doesn't adapt to the situation (or clock). They don't seem to adjust at all. That logic needs to be changed.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby StyxTx on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:17 am

Dee4Three wrote:
It seems that the CPU logic is weak in this game in general.

I will play games where I am up by 6 or 7 with 45 seconds to go. The CPU will dribble at the top of the key for like 10 seconds, move the ball around the perimieter, and not take a shot (Passing up many good ones) until the last second of the shot clock. In real life in that scenario, the team is pushing to score as fast as possible in order to make up the difference in score and manage the clock. On one of the videos I posted, Lonzo Ball did this... they needed a basket fast, and he was just dribbling around the top of the key, and they took a shot RIGHT at the end of the shot clock.

As a user, it makes it so easy... because we know if we have a lead that is more than one possession, we are safe because the CPU doesn't adapt to the situation (or clock). They don't seem to adjust at all. That logic needs to be changed.

Agree.
StyxTx

Postby Izzy Snow on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:33 pm

[Q] wrote:How's the depth on your team? The Toronto GM was kinda dumb signing me as a 98 rated PG when they already had Kyle Lowry, Ish Smith, and Derozan so we are the top 4 players on the team by far. Everyone else are scrubs so it's hard to find PT for all of the guards on the team

Pretty much close to IRL for Wizards. I'm a 98 OVR Center/Rim Protector that got traded for Kief Morris.
Izzy Snow

Postby Izzy Snow on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:34 pm

StyxTx wrote:There are a few late game issues.

I noticed this as well but this was pre-patch 1.05. I've played a couple of games post patch but need to pay closer attention to team tendencies.
Izzy Snow

Return to NBA Live 18