Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:56 pm

As odd as this sounds, I'd say keep both until the next set of legends are hinted on Twitter, this way you can sell either or before prices go erratic.

For example if the Blazers are next week's legends, you could sell one of them for a chance at Drexler. It depends on the team revealed and what position the better players fit in. Personally, if I managed to pull Pippen (the feels), I would've kept him, Wilkins, and McGrady at the same time.

One thing I noticed about the Auction House is that once the prices are lowered for a certain player, and if more of the same player go for around that much, he usually stays within that set range. Since McGrady has been sold around the 70k-80k range, anything higher will usually expire.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:49 pm

I might keep pippen over tmac since his defense is 99. I have to start wilkins as he just dunks over everybody and that helps win games. will decide who will start between Rodman and kemp
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:52 pm

That is the drawback with Pippen right now, the inability to dunk.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:47 am

Does anybody else have an issue where they put items on auction, but they still appear in your sell pile? I've been trying to sell two Larry Nance cards for about 4 days, but every time I put them up for auction, they remain in my sell pile, so I'm not sure if they're actually up for auction or not.

Also, does anyone know what the GM Level 1 and 2 packs give you? I only need to complete a head to head game for level 1, and build an all point guard team for level 2.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:11 pm

I haven't noticed that, but I have experienced an issue where items I've won won't show up in the Won pile straight away, and I have to cycle through all the screens before the items load properly.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:13 pm

I get the same Hong as Andrew where I have to go to lost and back to won to see my cards

I don't recall anything special from either GM 1 or 2. All I remember is being a little disappointed with pack 2.

What's cool about playing with curry is that I saw his celebration animation has him spitting out his mouthpiece. First time I saw him do this at the line in 2k16 my mind was blown
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:59 pm

I saw that the other day. It's cool that they're starting to add little details like that to NBA Live's celebrations. Obviously not the most important aspect of the game, but at the same time, the small things add to the experience. Touches like that emphasise that a game is "current gen", and a far cry from the first proper 3D games with static face textures.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:01 am

Even if it's a small detail, it's a welcoming addition in my book.

So apparently the reason for my items still showing in my sell pile after selling them was created by slow internet speeds. Today when I booted the game up again, I was now able to see my cards being sold in the correct category this time. A little bit later, I sniped a 93 overall Garnett for 11k, and he's a beast on the defensive end.

Edit: Tomorrow will feature the Spurs legends
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:50 pm

Was expecting higher ratings for Duncan and Robinson, but then again I've been spoiled by pippen Roman tmac nique kemp
Not wasting my coins this week
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:26 pm

If I can build up enough coins, I'll try for a pack. I don't think I'll drop any more real money at this time.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:01 pm

Looks like they've fixed the issue with Pippen not being able to dunk.

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:37 am

Andrew wrote:Looks like they've fixed the issue with Pippen not being able to dunk.

phpBB [video]

I've been trying to sell him this past week, but I'm not sure why ges not selling. It might be because I'm asking too much, or there just simply isn't very many people walking around with that many coins on them

Been asking 350-400k but I don't want to sell him for less than he's worth since he's one of the best cards in the game so I don't mind holding on to him.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:35 am

Yeah, folks might just be short of coins. The Auction House doesn't seem as active as it was in NBA Live 15, when I last played a lot of LUT.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:13 am

So I pulled two Elliot cards when opening the packs, then sold one to get Gervin. Honestly, those two are not bad at all. Elliot has very similar stats to Glen Rice, so I'll hold on to him until he eventually goes for about 140k for being Three Point Death material (the AH isn't aware of this yet). Gervin is an excellent finisher, decent rebounder, and a good defender. And yes, they can both dunk.

I agree that Robinson's stats are underwhelming, especially since Magic Shaq is faster, and has slightly better rebounding.

Current lineup I'm going with.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:36 pm

I lowered the asking price for Scottie Pippen after seeing him being posted for about 250,000. So I asked for 225 and I got it hoping that I'd be able to roll it over into one of the cheap Glen Rice cards that I was seeing but I couldn't find any. So I'll just save the coins for now until there's something that I really want.

Someone had mentioned throwback Master cards for current players and now they have one for what I think is an odd choice in JR Smith.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:43 pm

Probably not the player most people wanted, but I've heard it's pretty OP.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:07 am

And because of the master challenges, the prices for Rockets, Nuggets, and Warriors players skyrocketed. I even see bronze rated players from those teams going for around 5k.

So I managed to earn 69k already, and this time, I will save the coins if there's a team that comes out with uninteresting legends (unless it's the Celtics or Blazers).
RayRay_953

Postby zzcoolj21 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:27 am

JR Swish!

phpBB [video]

There are almost no Denver players on the market because everyone's using them.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby [Q] on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:39 am

I'm so mad I sold off my warriors after getting master curry lol

I managed to get enough thunder players so I'll probably be getting Westbrook next
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:47 am

I should've saved the NBA points I bought, but I went for the 2-for-1 packs to beef up my squad. I'll just keep grinding, and hopefully have enough built up for when there's a Legends pack I really want.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:01 am

Now, I usually check the ratings of the legends before I consider buying the packs after the Spurs legends, so if this week's legends aren't impressive, I might keep saving up so I can grab one from the AH (possibly Pippen or the Big O).

Can't say much about the Spurs legends since I don't have all of them, but since Robinson is basically Magic O'Neal with inferior speed, I'll pass on him. Gervin and Elliot are good legends to get from the AH for cheap right now, especially since Elliot's stats are very similar to Glen Rice.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:21 am

I also consider the risk of buying a pack and not getting who I want and how OK I am with the other possibilities. I was okay with any of the Magic players and anyone but grant on the bulls packs. If there's only one person of 4 that I want and the others suck, I'd probably consider just getting that person out of the AH
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:40 am

Absolutely. In that regard, I feel pretty lucky to have snagged Pippen with the second pack.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:43 am

Still kinda sad that I didn't get Pippen with those two pulls. Rodman's good, but I already have enough bigmen as it is.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:48 am

He's definitely a lot better now that he's dunking.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18