Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:48 am

Greek Freak! :crazyeyes:
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:31 am

So the 93 Overall is a permanent card?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:33 am

Yep, once you transform your 90 overall, the 93 overall card is yours to keep. I recommend searching the AH for the best Playstyle to transform your player into.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:43 am

Excellent, thanks. Good stuff getting Giannis, too!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:53 am

Another good thing to know is that every game you complete in the Team LeBron/Stephen challenges, you're given special Gold or Elite players with a guaranteed overall from 80-89. From the games before challenging the All-Star teams, I got players like Towns, Love, Porzingis, and Klay Thompson for free. So along the way of unlocking the 90 overall transformable player, you can upgrade your team for free.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:04 pm

Awesome! Sounds like I need to get into it ASAP.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:21 pm

As intriguing as LeBron or AD are, I didn't want to risk getting Durant or Irving so I went with team curry and got the same giannis card as you. He is a match-up nightmare. It's not really fair.

I also got to test the master Westbrook and man he is unreal. He's blowing by lillard and getting to the rim and finishing with ease.

I got all star Westbrook in the packs so I'm selling that one. Got Jamal Murray and Larry Nance so I'm selling those too. The oladipo card is pretty good so I'll keep that.

Can I now try the team LeBron challenges and get another card or do they limit you to one?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:25 am

Yep, you can get one more card after defeating LeBron's team, and it's impossible to get a duplicate player. This will be your final card that you can transform, but the good news is that if it's not the player you want, you can put him on auction after he's transformed.
RayRay_953

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:30 am

92 Overall Ultimate Team! I'm glad that the current players can finally compete with the legends
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:52 am

Now that's a stacked lineup!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:39 am

Lmao that crazy LeBron card isn't good enough to start on your team.

You bought that all star curry card? How much? I was considering going for that but I already have master Curry and I can't sell that one so I'm stuck

I might wait til Thursday to see what legends they have before deciding what to do with my coins. I have about 120,000 after selling pippen and buying Rice. Maybe I should get another pippen or one of these all star cards
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:58 am

Only All-Star player I purchased was LeBron. Curry was my first transformation card, and Giannis was my second. If you get All-Star Curry, you won't regret his shooting, along with playing like the real Steph, but keep your Master Curry card (along with Hero Klay, assuming you have him), since the All-Star cards are not eligible for the Master Thompson challenge, since both of them are considered from the All-Star teams, and not Golden State.

I actually never got to try James yet, but imo, Giannis is better than Nique for me. Even though his 3pt rating is weaker, Giannis can still finish over the defenders, as well as having the ability to block shots, which really helps on the higher difficulties and in clutch situations.

Edit: I just played a game with James on Superstar, and he doesn't feel like a downgrade from Nique at all. In fact, you can barely tell he has a lower 3pt rating, as he can still get excellent releases when wide open, and like Giannis, he can block shots. Plus I can put him at the 1 like Giannis :lol:
RayRay_953

Postby matmat66 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:16 pm

Hi shinron, is it possible to buy heroes in the auction house? Would it be possible to shortcut the legend master challenge by buying at the auction house the required heroes? For example, can I buy Giannis and Anthony Davis to meet the East and West heroes requirement to start the legend master challenge? Thanks again brother.
matmat66

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:27 pm

matmat66 wrote:Hi shinron, is it possible to buy heroes in the auction house? Would it be possible to shortcut the legend master challenge by buying at the auction house the required heroes? For example, can I buy Giannis and Anthony Davis to meet the East and West heroes requirement to start the legend master challenge? Thanks again brother.

Sadly, no; the only Hero card purchasable in the Auction House is Russell Westbrook. For Davis and Giannis, you actually have to complete the challenges to unlock them.
RayRay_953

Postby matmat66 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:38 pm

Thanks for the info shinron. Guess I have to grind it out to get the individual heroes. I just have 5 at the moment :D
matmat66

Postby [Q] on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:49 pm

shinron15 wrote:Only All-Star player I purchased was LeBron. Curry was my first transformation card, and Giannis was my second. If you get All-Star Curry, you won't regret his shooting, along with playing like the real Steph, but keep your Master Curry card (along with Hero Klay, assuming you have him), since the All-Star cards are not eligible for the Master Thompson challenge, since both of them are considered from the All-Star teams, and not Golden State.

I actually never got to try James yet, but imo, Giannis is better than Nique for me. Even though his 3pt rating is weaker, Giannis can still finish over the defenders, as well as having the ability to block shots, which really helps on the higher difficulties and in clutch situations.

Edit: I just played a game with James on Superstar, and he doesn't feel like a downgrade from Nique at all. In fact, you can barely tell he has a lower 3pt rating, as he can still get excellent releases when wide open, and like Giannis, he can block shots. Plus I can put him at the 1 like Giannis :lol:

So playing Lebron's team, I lost focus and they made a run on me and I lost. So many mismatches with AD at the 4 and KD at the 2. Tried again and got Durant :x turned him into a wing defender, which actually makes him comparable to Giannis. Giannis actually started burning me as his 3pt rating is too low to hit anywhere but the corner. I don't like KD, but I might have to sell Giannis instead. Not sure what I want to do with those cards yet, as I don't really need either of them. Debating on whether I should buy lebron who I could've had for 100k gold (which is basically everything I have right now) but I would happily trade/sell the other cards to make up for it. I bought a Donovan Mitchell all star card for 5k because it seemed like I was playing aginst him in every game and he kept killing me on the drives.

Speaking of which, the updates are cool, as it introduced the all star court and jerseys to the game. They updated some portraits and lonzo has updated hair. the game is tougher now that they nerfed inside shots. There's no payoff for getting steals with Payton now, as I missed two fast break layups off of steals. Wilkins was missing a few layups he would've made before. Unfortunately, it hasn't seemed to nerf the computer's ability to make layups so the game is a little more difficult to play now.

Anybody else notice it takes forever to connect to the server and update the game now? It takes forever Loading up LUT or after finishing a game
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:40 pm

Sounds like buying LeBron and selling those other cards would be preferable. You should be able to get your coins back.

The tuning is definitely noticeable, but I found I was able to force the CPU into quite a few misses. That was just a quick exhibition though, and I don't believe it was on Superstar difficulty. I'd imagine the AI is a bit cheesier on that setting.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:50 pm

All-star LeBron might stay on my team for the rest of the year.
phpBB [video]
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:52 pm

That J-Will pass.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:54 pm

RayRay_953

Postby matmat66 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:40 pm

Are we limited to 2 packs of legends only? I was only able to purchase 2 legends pack last week and ended up getting Dee Brown on both.
matmat66

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Yes, there's only two per week.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:47 pm

So I wound up buying a Pippen card for 120k after your feedback about him being better now that he's dunking. I tested him out against the Celtics legends and he laid the ball up 3 times out of 3 attempts lol. I got a Brown card from the challenge.

I think I will get a LeBron all star card once I sell giannis which seems to be a bit difficult. I think I set the price too high so I'll try 60 or 70k

I also snagged a lillard all star card for 3500. I've been wanting to get a lillard for a while now but have been waiting for a good deal. The cheapest I've been seeing him before was 6 or 7k

Will see how good the sixers legends are before deciding my next move
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby zzcoolj21 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:42 am

2 Iverson's

People on twitter keep saying "I feel bad for the people who did master Iverson." I don't think they realize all of the master cards are getting upgrades later in the year.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:56 am

Can't be unhappy with those two pulls!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18