Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Postby [Q] on Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:54 am

shinron15 wrote:Still kinda sad that I didn't get Pippen with those two pulls. Rodman's good, but I already have enough bigmen as it is.

You should have bought mine off of me. I was trying to sell for the past week!
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:55 am

I would sell McGrady to get him, but that won't even be enough for Pippen, since I currently have 70k with me. On top of that, I only have two Franchise Hero challenges left, so there's not that much room for grinding before I'm restricted with how much I can earn.

So If I sell McGrady, as well as Cavs Kemp (I have Hero Giannis, so I don't really need this Kemp anymore), I should have about 170k afterwards.

Also, on a side note, the Lakers uniforms need to be updated in Ultimate Team. When the game first game out, the white uniform was the default home, and the gold was the default away. Several patches ago swapped the purple (away), and gold (home) uniforms to correct the mistake, however, since Ultimate Team runs on previous rosters, you can only wear the white uniform for home, and the gold for away.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:05 pm

Yes, I have both and were very happy with the color swap as my team wears gold at home and purple away now. I'm glad when they changed it back, it did not affect my team.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:36 am

Putting Mac and my Archibald cards for auction in an attempt to get Pippen.

I put McGrady up for 73k, and I put Archibald up for 49k if anybody wants those two.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:07 am

I've seen tmac go in the 40s so I think your price might be too high. You could get lucky if you are patient
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:55 am

That's odd, since every time I look in the AH, he goes for around 80-95k, sometimes even in the 100k range.

Edit: Somebody just purchased McGrady for the 73k just now lol. Now I need somebody to get Tiny
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:09 am

shinron15 wrote:That's odd, since every time I look in the AH, he goes for around 80-95k, sometimes even in the 100k range.

Edit: Somebody just purchased McGrady for the 73k just now lol. Now I need somebody to get Tiny

Hmm I had checked earlier this week, maybe it's gone up. I might keep tmac but like pippen he might go to waste on the bench since I'm starting Wilkins
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:14 am

Not having McGrady is fine for me for now. I can have Scottie at the 2 for mismatches, and Nique at the 3. Gervin is a decent replacement for Mac anyway, minus the inferior midrange and speed; but Gervin is tied with the highest finish rating (as well as the ability to dunk), and superior rebounding and defending attributes.

Bad Boys and Rip Hamilton are tomorrow's legends based on the twitter hints. Also, has anyone noticed the lack of point guards currently on the AH? I only see 8 on auction, with four of them being Penny Hardaway. I don't even know if lowering the price on Archibald will help, since I usually put him up for 50k (everyone else puts him up for like 60k), and he hasn't sold for about two days. I'm considering on lowering him to 40k, but I don't know if that's a good idea.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:22 am

Might skip those Legend Packs myself. As a Bulls fan, I don't have a lot of favourite Pistons. ;)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:47 am

At least it's not like in the original NBA Jam where the Bulls could never hit a shot in the closing moments of a quarter against them lol
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:49 am

I do have to tip my hat to Mark Turmell for that bit of trolling. :lol:
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:37 pm

Andrew wrote:Might skip those Legend Packs myself. As a Bulls fan, I don't have a lot of favourite Pistons. ;)

Same, but as a Showtime Lakers fan

I will take a look at the rodman card to see if it's worth going for. Not sure if it could be any better than his bulls card.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:40 am

His Pistons card has a lower overall, but has one point higher in speed and finishing (but one point less in rebounding and defense). It actually looks similar to Sonics Kemp's stats. Looking at the cards, they're honestly disappointing. Laimbeer doesn't have a single green stat, Hamilton has good stats, but even though he has a higher overall, Master JR Smith has better stats compared to him, Zeke is fast and has great dribbling, and decent finishing, but he only has a 90 for defense, and while Dumars has excellent defense with a 97 rating, he only has an 83 for speed, so faster ballhandlers can exploit that disadvantage.

Archibald had success in being sold, and now I have about 211k on deck. Only thing I need now is for somebody to auction Pippen so I can get him. I've seen Pippen now go for the high 190k-low 200k range, so hopefully I can snipe one in that range.
RayRay_953

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:06 pm

Just completed every Hero Challenge, and received the Hero Westbrook card. Unfortunately, by the time I reached over 200k, I see Pippen going for the mid to high 200k range again.
RayRay_953

Postby zzcoolj21 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:39 pm

Challenges on superstar are the cheesiest things I've ever witnessed in a basketball video game. I have clips saved where players get called for fouls on layups even though the player that got called is standing at the perimeter. I have videos of CPU adjusting blocked dunks mid air and getting shoulder height with the rim for a layup. That whole experience was awful.

On a more positive note, hopefully we get good all star content. Maybe something like a Larry Bird 3 point champion of a Vince Carter Dunk Contest Champion.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby [Q] on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:24 pm

It's nice to get superstar difficulty once in a while. The games have become a bit of a chore since they're so easy

I missed out on Glen Rice under 100k but I just put in a bid for one at 105k

I think servers just went down. I finished the pistons challenge and I keep getting a connection error
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:14 am

I just lost a bid to Pippen (it didn't show me that I lost until a bit later), so that sucks. The only other one I see is going for 250k, but I don't want to sell another legend to get him, and I can't grind the hero challenges anymore.
RayRay_953

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:56 am

Success in acquiring Pippen!

I also purchased a Spud Webb card for 14k; Webb is a beast at finishing at the basket because his small size makes him harder to block his drives.

Pippen is insane. He can play Lockdown D, one of the quickest players in the game, amazing finisher, good rebounder, and a decent three point shooter when wide open. My only gripe about him is that while he can dunk, it's not as much as somebody like Nique. If Pippen can throw down like he can in 2K11, he's the best finisher in the game confirmed.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:12 am

Congrats on getting Pip! That's shaped up to be an awesome retro lineup.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby matmat66 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:31 am

In actual in-game use, is the Cavaliers Shawn Kemp comparable to the Sonics Shawn Kemp? I've been thinking of just bidding for the Cavs Kemp since it is much cheaper. Thanks.
matmat66

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:51 am

For budget purposes early on, yes. Cavs Kemp is still pretty fast with an 88 speed, and can still play good defense. His rebounding and post ratings are basically the same, so all you're really losing is a bit of speed, defense, and a bit less of high flying dunking. Of course he's not as good, but if you want him for cheaper, he certainly gets the job done. Later on, you can complete the Eastern Conference Hero challenge to earn an 86 Hero Antetokounmpo card, so if you have about 70k by then, you can sell Cavs Kemp and upgrade to the Sonics version.

I'm currently loving the lineup that I have. Every player has at least an 80 in defense, so defensive breakdowns aren't much of a concern, as well as a sold offensive game.
RayRay_953

Postby matmat66 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:25 pm

Thanks shinron!
matmat66

Postby [Q] on Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:48 pm

I have the sonics Kemp and he is a monster. I play him at C and he outruns everyone on fast breaks. You can find him for 70k or even less now which is annoying because I had paid 149k for mine
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:38 pm

So I faced the rockets on superstar difficulty again after starting the master Westbrook series. I am loving the challenge the rockets give me on superstar they made a 14-0 run in the second half and I had to claw my way back into the game. Kuzma hits this crazy clutch guarded corner three he had no business hitting to send it into overtime where I won by 8.

I lost out on two Rice cards for being stingy and not paying the extra 10k to buy it now lol. I guess I'm not in a rush and am willing to wait

Ive been scooping really cheap cards people are collecting for masters series and flipping them for a small profit. Occasional ladder cards, but mostly thunder, rockets, wizards, nuggets, and warriors cards for under 1000
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby matmat66 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:12 am

Hey Q, I managed to get a Sonics Kemp for 55k! He is indeed a beast down low. I just can't still consistently hit the jump shot due to the shot timing. I just wish we can change the shooting settings in LUT to player rating. I'm so bad that even my Ray Allen cannot hit the three point shot consistently
matmat66

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18