No Unranked Mode?

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

No Unranked Mode?

Postby WuSlangGangTang on Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:48 am

I downloaded the 10 hour free Trial via EA Access, and I have come to the realization that there is no unranked mode so that you can play a friend online... This is a serious cause for concern because me and a few of my friends strictly play NBA Live since 2015. I live out of state now, and this was my only way to play NBA Live with them. Does anyone have any information on if this feature will be added when the updates come through?
WuSlangGangTang

Re: No Unranked Mode?

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:03 am

I was under the impression that Head to Head included unranked play, but I could be mistaken.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby WuSlangGangTang on Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:05 am

Andrew wrote:I was under the impression that Head to Head included unranked play, but I could be mistaken.

Nope you go to head to head, and its just "Ranked Match" and "Leaderboards"
WuSlangGangTang

Postby kingpnp on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:26 am

WuSlangGangTang wrote:
Andrew wrote:I was under the impression that Head to Head included unranked play, but I could be mistaken.

Nope you go to head to head, and its just "Ranked Match" and "Leaderboards"

yeah sorry to hear that.

But this is going the direction of the other game as well.

The idea of playing vs someone is only for offline mode only. anything online is ranked and no lobbies.

Live needs to do this more than 2k to make darn sure there is enough people playing in the ranked areas. if too many people only play their friends. who's playing ranked?

but there is possibly a way for you to matchup with friends. its not a guarantee but it might work a bit more often than not. me and a lot of my friends do this on 2k. we actually do it on the 2k pro am walkon. since 2k just refused to give you the ability to play 5 v 5 in your court.

Two things need to happen.

#1 hopefully live's servers are not region locked. meaning if you live in the midwest you're not stuck playing with only people from the midwest. if so then if any of your pals are outside of that area. you're out of luck. you will never matchup with one another.

so hopefully its not region locked.

if not carry on to #2

#2 you have to time the start of the ranked game however you get into ranked play now/quick matches. you and another online pal will need to be on the mic and count down "3,2,1...hit the button" This will grant you a higher probability of matching up with one another. again no guarantees. but if its not region locked. I guarantee you. you guys will see each other every now and then.

now there is the other issue being what are the algorithms used to match make? lets say they are about team overall and your overal record and maybe how you play. so as not to pit super ballers vs rookies and make the rookies throw the game in the trash because they are getting destroyed every game. this would mean it would be best if you and your friend(s) are on par with one anothers rank or win loss records. so it gives you a higher chance of matching up.
kingpnp

Postby WuSlangGangTang on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:08 pm

I'm not a Mark, I play on Superstar and been playing Live since Vince Carter was on the cover. I don't want to play on All Star. That might be the dumbest explanation I've ever heard... It's 2017 and you're telling me I have to have both of us try and match randomly in ranked in hopes of matching? All because you want people to play ranked? Mind you I'm 10-2 and ranked 25th, obviously no ones playing ranked. All this did was cause me to stay with 2016 until 2019 drops once this trial runs out. But yea... Thanks.
WuSlangGangTang

Return to NBA Live 18