NBA Live 18 Demo Updated

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

NBA Live 18 Demo Updated

Postby Izzy Snow on Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:52 am

Izzy Snow

Re: NBA Live 18 Demo Updated

Postby [Q] on Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:30 am

Nice! I stopped playing because I was tired of grinding against superstar teams for boxes. I prefer live Run anyways so I'll be back on it to see the changes

I pre-ordered from best buy last night
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Izzy Snow on Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:53 am

[Q] wrote:Nice! I stopped playing because I was tired of grinding against superstar teams for boxes. I prefer live Run anyways so I'll be back on it to see the changes

I pre-ordered from best buy last night

I'm the opposite. I enjoy playing Play Now and more look forward to playing The One/League mode and I'm still holding on to hope that Franchise mode gets some much needed love. I can live w/o roster editing but I obviously would like to see that for the NLSC community.

I also preordered from BB using GCU :headbang:
Izzy Snow

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:29 am

Also from Toneh on Twitter:

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:34 pm

Played some earlier and low loose balls are slightly better, but the the ones that bounce off the ground still suck. they at least try to go for the ball, but still dont really get it right. There are slightly less blocks but you can still get those. This idiot on my team kept trying to dribble everywhere and kept losing the ball, so that's confirmed. Contested layups also working better as my team seriously missed like 10 layups in a row that would've gone in before. Also I had one guy who kept trying to pass out of a shot and he'd throw the ball out of bounds every time. Seems like playing good defense is causing a few more turnovers. Setting picks is way better as it's turning your guy the right way now. The game overall plays a lot better
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby StyxTx on Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:39 pm

I haven't played with the latest updates, but if layups aren't a gimme anymore that is an improvement. Maybe I won't be shooting 75% overall any more. That was one of my issues and one I tested with the demo. If I could make all my layups so could the AI players which is why in the previous version we had a TEAM shooting pct of 65%. It was crazy and no amount of suspension of disbelief could overcome that.
StyxTx

Postby Izzy Snow on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:26 pm

I played only a few games of Play Now and I tried to replicate the one issue I made a video about regarding a clipping player (Casspi) defending down the post behind Jeff Green and Casspi made the steal but at expense of clipping through Green. Anyway, I've taken that and other "issue" type vids down and if I stumble upon a glitch or issue, I will just make them private or unlisted and send only to the devs directly. With that said, it seems they've fixed this issue as it only happened once after many tries.

I did run to another weird glitch that I've already shared with one of the devs. Hopefully they can address that before release (14 days!). Overall though, the game is still as fun to play as it was before the update.
Izzy Snow

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:04 pm

I've been growing wearing of the Cavs and Warriors, I'm ready for the full game. Less than two weeks away
ThaLiveKing

Postby [Q] on Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:59 pm

Played a ton today trying to get that Nike crate and saw lots of bad pass turnovers, missed layups, and even a few airballs which was interesting
You have to be really careful with passing now and have to be a bit more creative on finding shots inside, which are a lot harder to hit. It might be just me, but jumpshots do look a bit better as well.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:39 am

New patch has gone live, including updated rosters. The Rockets and Celtics are now also playable!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:07 am

Some screenshots:

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:40 am

Nice, I'll definitely be testing out the rockets

EA pleasantly surprising me with all these demo updates. They are working hard for sure
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Izzy Snow on Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:43 am

I think that it's safe to say that we've been playing an open beta rather than a demo which I totally welcome. EA is really listening to the feedback as well. I mentioned this in my stream the other night that I would be fine with the game getting constant updates after release as long as it only improves and doesn't break anything else in the process. I'm glad this week was a short week. I'm ready for EA Access Friday!
Izzy Snow

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:56 am

Izzy Snow wrote:I think that it's safe to say that we've been playing an open beta rather than a demo which I totally welcome. EA is really listening to the feedback as well. I mentioned this in my stream the other night that I would be fine with the game getting constant updates after release as long as it only improves and doesn't break anything else in the process. I'm glad this week was a short week. I'm ready for EA Access Friday!

Yeah, I can't wait to use my Pacers lol
ThaLiveKing

Postby StyxTx on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:30 am

Kyrie and Thomas look so out of place. lol
StyxTx

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:10 pm

Ive been playing Rockets vs Celtics all night. A few observations

1. Jaylen Brown is missing his flat top, he looks so strange.
2. Post over the top passes work 0% of the time, which was a problem with NBA 2K14. I had Horford sealing his man completely and calling for the over the top (this happened many, many times) and the pass would always be short and stolen. Frustrating because its obvious he has great position. The people entering it were always either Irving or Hayward.
3. Its far too easy to score inside and on drives. Double teamed, triple teamed, doesn't matter. And I play on Superstar.
4. Ryan Anderson plays like Dominique Wilkins in this game. He is flying around the basket with athletic moves.
5. The stopping to shoot issues still exist (animation issues).

Still excited to play Ultimate Team, but those of you who are giving feedback to EA should mention the gameplay issues above.

And Jaylen Browns missing flat top.....
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Izzy Snow on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:35 pm

ThaLiveKing wrote:
Izzy Snow wrote:I think that it's safe to say that we've been playing an open beta rather than a demo which I totally welcome. EA is really listening to the feedback as well. I mentioned this in my stream the other night that I would be fine with the game getting constant updates after release as long as it only improves and doesn't break anything else in the process. I'm glad this week was a short week. I'm ready for EA Access Friday!

Yeah, I can't wait to use my Pacers lol

You already know! John Waaaaaaaaalllllll!!! LOL!
Izzy Snow

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:39 pm

Dee4Three wrote:Ive been playing Rockets vs Celtics all night. A few observations

2. Post over the top passes work 0% of the time, which was a problem with NBA 2K14. I had Horford sealing his man completely and calling for the over the top (this happened many, many times) and the pass would always be short and stolen. Frustrating because its obvious he has great position. The people entering it were always either Irving or Hayward.
3. Its far too easy to score inside and on drives. Double teamed, triple teamed, doesn't matter. And I play on Superstar.
4. Ryan Anderson plays like Dominique Wilkins in this game. He is flying around the basket with athletic moves.

Still excited to play Ultimate Team, but those of you who are giving feedback to EA should mention the gameplay issues above.

The game is more enjoyable on All Star.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Izzy Snow on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:39 pm

Dee4Three wrote:Ive been playing Rockets vs Celtics all night. A few observations

I want to provide minimal feedback so please pass these on to the devs. I did mention to Connor on Twitter that Jaylen Brown's dunk rating should be higher. 78 is a bit low. He should be like an 80 something.
Izzy Snow

Postby Izzy Snow on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:41 pm

ThaLiveKing wrote:

As much as I want to continue to play on Superstar, I do agree that All-Star is more enjoyable. Also, I found the game a bit too fast on default speed so I played around and tried 60 and as low as 50. 60 is better for me.
Izzy Snow

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:16 am

Izzy Snow wrote:
ThaLiveKing wrote:

As much as I want to continue to play on Superstar, I do agree that All-Star is more enjoyable. Also, I found the game a bit too fast on default speed so I played around and tried 60 and as low as 50. 60 is better for me.

I got it on 65. I moved it down from 72. I just can control my offense a lot better at that speed. I still think Live Run should be at 70, it looks like chaos out there some times.
ThaLiveKing

Postby kingpnp on Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:01 am

i told the devs this myself when i posted one of your vids and comments. I was like go on ahead and keep that beta going. i dont care if thats what it is. most if not all games are betas now. since they know they can patch them later. Let us break it, you fix it, we break it again, you fix it, we break it, you fix it. by the time the next installment comes out. you will have had most of the glitches that can be fixed. fixed in the previous game. so now you can work on making it look even better and start making the modes you have much deeper and adding modes ect.

This is grind time for Live devs this year. if they are allowed to grind all year long with this game. next year will be a bells and whistles/polish year.
kingpnp

Postby Izzy Snow on Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:21 am

kingpnp wrote:

i told the devs this myself when i posted one of your vids and comments. I was like go on ahead and keep that beta going. i dont care if thats what it is. most if not all games are betas now. since they know they can patch them later. Let us break it, you fix it, we break it again, you fix it, we break it, you fix it. by the time the next installment comes out. you will have had most of the glitches that can be fixed. fixed in the previous game. so now you can work on making it look even better and start making the modes you have much deeper and adding modes ect.

This is grind time for Live devs this year. if they are allowed to grind all year long with this game. next year will be a bells and whistles/polish year.

As I said before, I'm already excited for Live 19 (Y) BTW, I deleted those vids. I'm taking a different approach with showing the devs any vids that's regarding a game issue especially now that I'm communicating with some of them again via DM's. I'd rather make unlisted vids to share only to them. I just want Live to be great again tbh.
Izzy Snow

Postby [Q] on Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:11 am

I played rockets and celtics last night on all star. I actually had a lot of fun. Was down 8 points or so for most of the game as the CPU is "open" for 3 a lot just like in the live event they have with all the created youtubers. After playing the demo all this time, I felt like I had a good feel on how to play the game which made it more fun. Was down 3 at the end and called timeout. Was able to call an inbound play for 3 to hit Gordon for 3 in the corner and he hit it. Then Irving comes back and I gave him just a bit too much room so he hit a 3 on me to win.

Also got the Glove shoes I have been trying to get out of that Nike crate. I am debating on whether to risk grinding for a bunch of foamposites to try to get the VC Shox
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:13 pm

I still feel like Play Now plays a lot better than The One, though switching to a sideline camera helped a bit. I need to play a bit more with Patch 1.06 though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Next

Return to NBA Live 18