Question about LUT (in general)

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Question about LUT (in general)

Postby tizrockt on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:10 pm

Hey guys,
I liked the demo so far of NBA Live 18, basically because it feels "different" and "new", after years of playing 2k.
As I am an "offline" player, I ask myself, how the Live Ultimate Team is comparable with 2k's MyTeam or Madden's MUT?!
Playing MUT, with all the competitions in it, was awesome ... and as you know, 2ks MyTeam just don't have much competitions in it.

How was LUT in 16? Is it comparable to Madden or closer to 2ks MyTeam?

That would pretty much help me to preorder the game or take a break of these years basketball simulations.

Thanks
tizrockt

Re: Question about LUT (in general)

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:28 pm

I don't play Madden so I can't make any comparisons there, but I can offer up some comparisons between LIVE Ultimate Team and MyTEAM.

I think that MyTEAM has done a better job of adding more modes and challenges (though we don't know what's been added in NBA Live 18's Ultimate Team yet), but Ultimate Team has had its fair share of new content that's been pushed through throughout the season. It unfortunately did end a little early with NBA Live 16, but in 14 and 15, there was new content coming through right until the end of the NBA Finals. There's nothing like Domination in LUT, but there are different challenges out of the box (and again, through the season), as well as online head-to-head play if you feel inclined to give that a try.

I'd say that the value of NBA Live's packs are better though, mostly because you get more than one player per pack. Quite often in MyTEAM, you'll end up getting a low player card in a premium/special pack, which also tends to be more expensive than LUT packs (in terms of both the in-game currency and real money). MyTEAM does have the advantage of having some more historical players of course, but the selection in LUT hasn't been too bad. LUT runs with a simplier tier system, so you don't have as many overpowered cards for average players. Of course, whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is a matter of opinion.

When it comes down to it, I would say that Ultimate Team is an area where NBA Live holds its own against it's NBA 2K equivalent. I think they need to add a few things to it in NBA Live 18 and hope that they do, but as it stands, it's pretty solid.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Question about LUT (in general)

Postby [Q] on Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:46 am

Didn't play 16 but I had 15 and UT was still in its early stages there. It's not as deep as madden but basically the same idea. Challenges throughout the season help keep it fresh
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA Live 18