Video & Screenshots from NBA Live 18 Event

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Video & Screenshots from NBA Live 18 Event

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:04 am

Video and screenshots have emerged from the NBA Live 18 event that was recently held in New York.

Screenshots can be found in a SLAM Magazine preview, which also include a quick Q&A with Mike Mahar.

SLAM: What can we expect to see with NBA Live 18?

Mike Mahar: We’ve taken our time to really focus on two key aspects of the game. One is our core gameplay and control, animations, fluidity, a lot of control around the rim, contact and physicality. A lot of the player nuances and customs that the players have in the game. The other aspect we took a lot of time to focus on is The One, which is our new way to play. It’s all about you and your path through the NBA and the streets. We’re really excited to show a little sneak peak of that. We think it’s a pretty big differentiator between what we’re offering as a player experience and what other sports games have.

SLAM: What was different in developing the game this time around?

MM: There’s a lot of significant differences. We really took some time to rebuild our core, some of our core gameplay technologies. We took a lot of time to redesign our modes so we can build around The One. Those are really the two areas what was different about our development plan was. We had to really start from scratch in both of those areas in order to get where we are now.

You can expect that NBA Live will be delivering on what most players would consider to be staples.

Certainly encouraging. (Y)

YouTuber vlogs of the event, which also include new gameplay footage:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Video & Screenshots from NBA Live 18 Event

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:43 am

Hmmm, that gameplay looks a bit better for some reason. Less herky jerky in those highlights, I love the double behind the back by Curry.

I'm going to reserve my verdict on the animation until I see some regular gameplay footage... but it looks pretty good!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby PeacemanNOT on Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:31 am

Nothing much new, two things:

Pacers jersey is wrong below, the inside of the side design should be yellow. Obviously the game is still in development but just decided to point it out:

Comcast xfinity, what is this exactly? Could this mean local game presentation with CSN, Fox Sports etc?
Last edited by PeacemanNOT on Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:32 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:Nothing much new, two things:

Pacers jersey is wrong below, the inside of the side design should be yellow:

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Comcast xfinity, what is this exactly? Could this mean local game presentation with CSN, Fox Sports etc?
[ Image ]

Good catches!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Murat on Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:44 am

Local sponsors are also included in FIFA 17 too, Premier League teams have their sponsors in the game. BTW Premier League in FIFA 17 was insane

So EA might have done something similar.

Here, I catched one more

yes.png

Comcast and Fox Sports networks would be LIT...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:43 am

Pacers jersey is wrong below, the inside of the side design should be yellow. Obviously the game is still in development but just decided to point it out:

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Pacers are getting new jerseys next season. These are them. A lot of teams are getting new logos because of the new Nike deal.
ThaLiveKing

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:47 am

also I hope they revamped the commentary, having different broadcast crews, team specific would be a game changer.
ThaLiveKing

Postby [Q] on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:13 am

ThaLiveKing wrote:

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Pacers are getting new jerseys next season. These are them. A lot of teams are getting new logos because of the new Nike deal.

Yeah I figured they were new jerseys. Usually that stuff is provided to them and we've seen in the past like the new raptors jersey stuff gets accidentally leaked in early game footage like this
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby PeacemanNOT on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:34 am

ThaLiveKing wrote:Pacers are getting new jerseys next season. These are them. A lot of teams are getting new logos because of the new Nike deal.

Well actually that doesn't necessarily mean they're the new jerseys. The rest of the jerseys are still the same and the 50th year anniversary logo is still on the jersey from this season just passed, why keep it in knowing they won't have it next year. Seems like a mistake to me, I doubt EA would slip in jerseys that haven't even been previewed by Nike yet.

[Q] wrote:Yeah I figured they were new jerseys. Usually that stuff is provided to them and we've seen in the past like the new raptors jersey stuff gets accidentally leaked in early game footage like this

The Raptors jerseys never got leaked actually, they were first officially seen in NBA 2K previews that were released on the official twitter. Not sure what you're talking about there.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:55 am

I'm a Pacers fan, and there's been rumblings about new jerseys for next season, also EA & 2K gets all this stuff early, courts jerseys, shoes etc. The mistake is probably keeping the patch on the shoulder, you don't accidentally mistake a colour scheme like that
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:04 am

There definitely seems to be more smoothness in those animations. A more up-to-date build than the first glimpse, it would seem.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:30 pm

That detail on the leg sweat (Y)
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA Live 18