Dynasty Features You Want to See in NBA Live 17

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Dynasty Features You Want to See in NBA Live 17

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:30 pm

Yet another expansion of our Wishlist thread and discussions. What are the things you want to see in Dynasty Mode in NBA Live 17?

Honestly, I'd love to see Dynasty Mode do all the things that MyLEAGUE is doing (rather than the MyGM approach), but I highly doubt it's feasible to pack that much content into one development cycle; even an extended one. Dynasty Mode already features a lot of the basics - trades, free agency, the Draft, training, etc - but there's still quite a few essential functions missing, and extra content that would really put the mode back on track.

For me, some of the must-haves are as follows:

• Ability to edit jersey numbers. When I trade for a player, I'd like to be able to set his jersey number, and change the number of a player already on the roster if I wish.
  • Ability to edit player positions. It makes things easier when lineups automatically get automatically re-ordered, and can probably help a few trades get through.
  • Ability to edit Draft Classes, and scout players during the season, not just during a phase in the offseason.
  • Ability to trade during the free agency period (though newly signed players shouldn't be able to be traded until December 15th, as per the NBA rule).
  • This one relies on in-game injuries being a thing, but if they are, injuries carrying over to the next game, not just the ones that occur during simulation.
  • Ability to control more than one team, and to switch control between teams without starting a new Dynasty game.
  • A few sliders/settings to control tendencies such as trade frequencies, injury frequencies (again, if they're a thing), cap increases, and so forth. Ideally I'd like to see lots of settings, but a handful would be a start.
  • Include full transaction listings, year-by-year records of award winners and results, injury listings, and expanded stat tracking.
  • "Commissioner Options", allowing us to override transactions and control other teams. Could perhaps be toggled on and off.
  • Ability to hire and fire head coaches, not just the other members of staff.
  • Ability to retire jersey numbers; recognition of retired jersey numbers for all teams (even if the names can't be included in the game), unless the user chooses to override that setting.
  • Further enhancements to trade and free agency logic; fewer free agents who fail to latch on demanding big contracts, or even the Mid Level Exception.
  • Ability to scrimmage with your team whenever you want.
  • More control over player development; playable drills, or at least more frequent training sessions.
  • Allow stats to be adjusted/normalised for 12 minute quarter lengths, when playing shorter quarters.
  • Implement All-Star voting. If the whole All-Star Weekend ever makes it back into the game, it should be a part of Dynasty Mode, too.

A few other things that I do really want to see, but I'd say can wait based on the importance of getting some of the basic functionality and features back in there:

• Ability to protect Draft picks.
  • Dynasty Cutscenes (I really enjoy them and if they're easy to do, by all means include them, but not at the expense of core functionality).
  • Season/game-to-game fatigue.
  • Hot and cold streaks.
  • As above, detailed sliders and settings for much more of a "sandbox" experience.
  • Three team trades, with the ability to suggest movement between two CPU controlled teams.
This topic was moved from NBA Live 16 by Andrew on Thu May 25, 2017 2:21 am.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Dynasty Features You Want to See in NBA Live 17

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:50 am

NBA 2K17 provides some good examples of stats and records screens I'd like to see in Dynasty (and Rising Star, for that matter).

This kind of stuff goes a long way in making those modes feel like a representation of the league, with all of its rich history that you can actually add to through playing the games.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Murat on Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:57 am

I would like to see the game itself.

These would be beautiful too.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:05 am

Make it so we can have multiple teams in use by a user. That's all I care about at this point.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:09 am

Agreed, it's another necessary feature. I understand what they were going for when they re-branded to Dynasty back in NBA Live 2004 and lost the multi-team option that was previously in Franchise Mode, but I think we've established that having that level of control - if desired - is important to a lot of basketball gamers.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 18