Roster Editing Functions You Want For NBA Live 17

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Roster Editing Functions You Want For NBA Live 17

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:02 pm

Another expansion of our Wishlist thread and discussions. What are the roster editing functions that you'd like to have in NBA Live 17?

Off the top of my head, I would say that these are a must:

• Ability to save and load custom rosters, as well as share them
  • Ability to reorder lineups, reactivating injured players in the official roster updates if desired
  • Ability to trade players between teams, release them into the free agent pool, and sign free agents
  • Ability to edit player bio data and ratings. This includes all ratings/tendencies, jersey numbers, positions, contract information, etc
  • Ability to create new players, and fill in detailed bio data/ratings (ie give them full Draft information, all the same ratings/tendencies as original players, etc)

These are things that I'd also like to see, but aren't as pressing, because we can still make good custom rosters without them.

• Ability to use face scanning for created players, not just your Rising Star/LIVE Pro-Am player
  • Ability to create custom teams, with a selection of pre-made images, and custom image importing
  • Mass editing functionality (eg if you want to lower everyone's speed by 5, you can make a global change)
  • If there are any special teams, the ability to edit them as well
This topic was moved from NBA Live 16 by Andrew on Thu May 25, 2017 2:21 am.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Roster Editing Functions You Want For NBA Live 17

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:20 pm

- The ability to turn off hot/cold streaks
- Synergy should be downloadable, give us the options to apply new data
- The ability to customize each player's look
ThaLiveKing

Postby zzcoolj21 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:55 am

cthurt on OS wrote:I was listening to Erika Esola's Q&A and a question was asked will the edit player feature be in Live 18, and she paused and said "thats something we still want to improve on".

Oh no. Don't tell me its happening again.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:17 am

Not a good sign. :(
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Murat on Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:04 am

It's simple... even the mid 90s games had this feature.

You move a player to another team. Or move his spot. Even NBA Live 95 had this feature.

This is ridiculous...
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:19 pm

It's overdue, no question. There are things that are more crucial to the core experience - the ability to customise rosters doesn't mean much if the rest of the game isn't enjoyable to play - but it does need to return.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby atlwarrior on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:16 am

I'm sick of this. I don't care how good the game is, I'm not playing until we get this feature. The Nba Live team had a whole year off and this is probably the second most requested feature and they still continue to ignore it. This just shows they haven't changed. You say your main priority is to listen to the fans but somehow this never gets addressed.
atlwarrior

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:58 am

Gameplay and at least one game mode would rank as a higher priority, so while I'm disappointed about the questionable status of roster editing, I also understand it wasn't the most important addition.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:26 pm

Overall gameplay is important but they need to bring back this feature even if they can only give you customisation I'd be happy enough if the gameplay and dynasty mode is on point.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:33 pm

Player movement (trading and a free agent pool), lineup re-ordering, and player editing/creation would be sufficient for a start. Custom teams and some of the other fancier functions could certainly wait, as the basics are what we need the most.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:53 am

Andrew wrote:Not a good sign. :(

EA Canada had way more features and access in the game compared to Orlando, and they switched up the game every year. They either don't want it in the game, or don't want us to have access to their game. I also believe everything is tied together in this game (judging by my sliders experiments) so editing ratings could probably do some damage lol. They did add a new slider in Live 18 though, it was for making standing close shots I believe, but that's all I seen was different in the menu screen.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:00 am

It could be the way the UI is designed, or something else under the hood. The PS4/X1 version of NBA 2K14 suffered from that, including the limitations to roster editing in that game; the way the interface was programmed, it really messed a few things up. That's one of the reasons it changed in NBA 2K15 and beyond. Could be a similar situation with the current incarnation of NBA Live, but they do need to listen to fan feedback on this one and find a way to do it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 18