LIVE RUN Suggestions

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

LIVE RUN Suggestions

Postby Beavis_5000 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:33 am

First I want to say that I am really enjoying the game. This post is more constructive criticism.

1) First and for most, hands down, the number one change that needs made is games should not start without a full 5 on 5 lobby. Ideally, CPU's shouldn't be in at all but that may not be possible because of quitters. But at the very least games should not start until both teams have 5 players. The most frustrating part about this game by far trying to actually get into a full lobby.

2) Point Shooters shouldn't have 93 passing. 93 passing means they run point a majority of the time. 90% of games with Point Shooters lead to watching a lot of dribbling, dribbling, dribbling every time down the court until the finally get a shot off. The Point Shooter build is a ball stopping build. They are almost guaranteed to run point. Make passing a secondary skill and make them use a passing trait to get their passing rating up so the Point Shooters who truly want to run the point properly can do so by sacrificing a trait slot.

3) More crates. I love the crates you get for reaching milestones like 1000 points and etc. But I think we need more crates with even higher mile stones.

4) Ankle breakers. Get them out completely. When you put in mechanics that cause you to lose control over your player it's taking the skill factor out. Sure, we can do things to prevent ankle breakers but at the same time there is really nothing we can do about it no matter how good of defense we play. They are gonna happen. When your a defender and you get beat because of the ankle breaker animation, you didn't get beat because of skill, you got beat because of a game mechanic.
Beavis_5000

Re: LIVE RUN Suggestions

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:28 am

I'd advocate better balance than complete removal of elements such as ankle breakers. They do happen in real basketball after all, but perhaps not quite as often or automatically.

As far as not having CPU players in there, I'd prefer that to not being able to get a game at all.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: LIVE RUN Suggestions

Postby Beavis_5000 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:06 am

Andrew wrote:I'd advocate better balance than complete removal of elements such as ankle breakers. They do happen in real basketball after all, but perhaps not quite as often or automatically.

As far as not having CPU players in there, I'd prefer that to not being able to get a game at all.

You would still get into a game it just might take minute or so longer because the lobby would have to be totally full before the game starts.
Beavis_5000

Return to NBA Live 18