Welcome to The One | NBA Live 18

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Welcome to The One | NBA Live 18

Postby alienlife on Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:56 pm

So, recently NBA Live official YouTube channel launched a trailer, titled 'Welcome to The One', i think explaining one of, if not, some of the new game modes in NBA Live 18.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

After watching the trailer, am i the only one who got the 'NBA Street' vibe?
Also, in the beginning, the narrator said, ''Your journey is defined by the choices you make." Soo.. RPG-style? Honestly, the animation looks smooth and realistic for me, compared to 2K, although i noticed some animation/moves seems to be.. blocky? Weird? Unnatural?

GameSpot wrote:After some time away, the NBA Live series is set to make its return in 2017 with NBA Live 18. EA revealed the new basketball game today during its EA Play press conference. While the company is looking to nail the fundamentals of basketball, it's also putting an emphasis on personalization and customization.

With NBA Live 18, EA says it hopes to bring something new to the genre--an absolute necessity, given the dominant position that the NBA 2K series currently occupies. A key feature is the somewhat RPG-esque mode called The One, where you play as your own custom character that you're free to customize how you like. As you improve, you're able to allot points to mold the character into the type of player you want, whether that's a sharpshooter or a low-post bruiser.

In addition to standard games between NBA teams, Live 18 brings back a street ball mode. You'll be able to team up with friends to participate in 5-on-5 street matches on real-life courts like those found at Venice Beach and Rucker Park.

A demo of the game will arrive at some point in August. It'll allow you to check out The One mode in single-player and co-op, and any progress you make will carry over to the full game.

What are your thoughts on this?
Last edited by alienlife on Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alienlife

Re: Welcome to The One | NBA Live 18

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:18 pm

I'm glad to hear that it isn't story-driven. Aside from the issues I have with that approach and the way I think NBA 2K could be going a better job with it, I'm glad that NBA Live is doing something different, and having the experience driven by the gameplay. The One sounds pretty solid.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:32 pm

Still looks to me like we have to play streets or whatever to increase our skills. Someone said it won't be necessary to play on-line, but I've yet to see anything official that says it won't. Maybe I missed it someplace.

Well, until I hear something different from an official source, doesn't look like I'll be getting the game.
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:21 pm

You can increase your skills by playing The Streets, or in The Drew League. You don't have to do that in order to increase your skills, as that's also achieved by playing The League.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:58 pm

Removing the story is the way forward, I haven't really enjoyed mycareer since they added and removed the dleague.

I liked the grind to get to the league MY way and not being pulled by a storyline
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby [Q] on Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:32 am

StyxTx wrote:but I've yet to see anything official that says it won't.

But you haven't seen anything official that says it will. Still way too early to make any judgement calls especially of you're waiting for something "official"
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby itr_k1lo5 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:53 am

THE ONE, great news! I can only play games one or two nights a week, and being able to level up in 'every' game i play is great news for me!
Just an OG online baller from wayyyy back!
Twitter = https://twitter.com/ITR_K1LO5
PSN = ITR_K1LO5
itr_k1lo5

Return to NBA Live 18