Xbox One Revealed

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Xbox One Revealed

Postby chicagoRAW on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:00 am

why wouldn't they trust psn? because of that one time they got hacked? xbl has had issues too.
chicagoRAW

Postby Jackal on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:05 am

Interesting, brand loyalty...that's a questionable one. How/why would you be loyal to a company that basically told some of its customer base to go eff themselves.

The Halo/exclusives I get at least. Well good for those people, I guess.
Jackal

Postby JaoSming on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:07 am

lose your customer's financial information just ONE TIME and people react like this....
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:25 pm

IN HEAT wrote:Interesting, brand loyalty...that's a questionable one. How/why would you be loyal to a company that basically told some of its customer base to go eff themselves.

If someone is that fanatically loyal to the brand, their breaking point is a lot further out than most. For those people, Microsoft's eff yous wouldn't be directed at them; they'd see it as being directed at the idiots who aren't smart enough to get the truth and aren't true fans like they are. They've invested so much of their time, money and trust into the brand that there's a constant need to justify it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:41 pm

IN HEAT wrote:Interesting, brand loyalty...that's a questionable one.

NBA Live.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Sauru on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:29 pm

the problem is xbox fan boys dont think microsoft said "fuck the fans" at any point in time. they will still argue that they were making changes that gamers not only want but need. thats the thing with being a fanboy, you will try and explain anything no matter how wrong it is
Sauru

Postby NovU on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:06 pm

I guess so. I dont know anything about being a fanboy but I heard it takes one to know one.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby JaoSming on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:36 am

http://kotaku.com/xbox-ones-top-markete ... 1441807229

Remember those initial bad feelings about the Xbone and mandatory Kinect?
Advertising Age—whose audience ain't exactly privacy-concerned hardcore gamers—says "Xbox One can essentially work like TV that watches you, bringing marketers a huge new trove of data," you realize why Microsoft wanted those requirements in the first place.

Mehdi, at the Association of National Advertisters' Masters of Marketing Conference, in Phoenix yesterday, said Microsoft can see whether people are paying attention to ads and evaluate how their bodies respond to them, according to a marketer who attended but asked that his name not be used in AdAge's report.

Kinect's ability to distinguish voices in a living room, notice if people are watching the screen or not, and even pick up their heart rate, is well known. Worst-case speculation had it, back in the late spring, that these capabilities could be usef for things like tiered pricing in streaming movie rentals. More folks in the room, the more the movie costs.P

Instead it seems like Microsoft doesn't plan on just selling eyeballs to advertisers, but their emotional reactions too. Maybe that's why they are not selling the machine without Kinect. Sounds like your extra $100 is going toward putting an uber-Nielsen box in your living room.

I mean, fuck Kotaku, but the original article is just as quotie
http://adage.com/article/special-report ... ng/244605/
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:40 am

Wow. Still feeling pretty good about my choice to go back to PlayStation.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby chicagoRAW on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:22 am

"Xbox One Will Not Support Live Streaming At Launch"
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... aunch.aspx

Pretty stupid. Considering PS4 has it and works just fine. Pay your extra money, plus xbl and you get this feature later, while the rival console has it from day one.
chicagoRAW

Postby Leftos on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Have to admit, I played a bit of Forza 5 on an Xbox One and I just LOVE the feedback on the triggers. You know EXACTLY how much traction you have and on which wheels. It's amazing.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Wed May 14, 2014 6:48 am

The 180 has now been completed. $399 sku with no bundled Kinect. XBLG free games getting on PS+ caliber with better games, better discounts, and the loss of the free games if your membership lapses.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:41 am

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/16/ ... onsoles-on
AARON PAUL XBOX ONE ADVERT ACCIDENTALLY TURNING CONSOLES ON

Numerous people are reporting that Paul is managing to turn on their consoles by uttering the "Xbox On" command in the advert. While other voice instructions the star utters don't seem to have the same effect, in an unfortunate number of cases this is causing the TV set to default to the Xbox One dashboard and interrupting their viewing experience.

Bryan Wiedey @pastapadre
Hey Aaron Paul, please stop messing with my Xbox.
11:05 AM - 13 Jun 2014
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Previous

Return to Off-Topic