Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby [Q] on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:10 pm

i saw commercials for it today during the playoffs... it looks like they just took the MK vs. DC game and made it all DC characters. they even say "from the makers of mortal kombat"
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby deihatein on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:24 pm

The Path to Hades up to the Ares fight in God of War can go fuck itself.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby benji on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:52 pm

dei. wrote:The Path to Hades up to the Ares fight in God of War can go fuck itself.

The original?

With the spinning blades?

Dave Jaffe has admitted they didn't really playtest that area. It really shows.

It's the most incredible blemish on an otherwise classic game.

Interested to hear your thoughts on that and II when/if you finish.
benji

Postby JaoSming on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:55 pm

Qballer wrote:i saw commercials for it today during the playoffs... it looks like they just took the MK vs. DC game and made it all DC characters. they even say "from the makers of mortal kombat"

it looks like there are more changes than just that, but definitely similarities.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby benji on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:07 pm

The game is more built off the last Mortal Kombat.

Warner Bros. owns both properties and the studio. They have indicated that they want more DC titles with the success of Batman (after they brought it back inhouse) and that it'd be real nice if they could have their studios put out Warner Bros. licensed titles to eventually pay for their own original IPs.

Mortal Kombat has a bit of an exception because of its own brand power. But if you look at Ed Boon's statements he's kinda suggesting that they may be working on two franchises from here on if Injustice does well, DC and MK, and that they can do some ideas in one that they can't do in the other while advancing the tech for both.

So like last gen where there was a MK every year or whatever it was, and now with current gen where you need at least two years for the cycle. They may be doing something like MK, two years DC game, two years MK game, etc. Each building on each other in certain ways but hopefully being two distinct and successful franchises. (And possibly going down to a "one year" cycle ala MW/Black Ops.) Though if Injustice bombs I imagine they'll just do MK titles.
benji

Postby deihatein on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:46 pm

lol edited the wrong post.
Last edited by deihatein on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby JaoSming on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:13 pm

benji wrote:Though if Injustice bombs I imagine they'll just do MK titles.

I hope it does well because dat story was like whoa. Someone uploaded all the cutscenes into a 2 hour movie pretty much and it is pretty damn great....and I am not a comic guy.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby benji on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:35 pm

JaoSming wrote:I hope it does well because dat story was like whoa. ... it is pretty damn great....and I am not a comic guy.

Haven't seen it, just read wiki description and last part explains the first two comments.

EDIT: Found the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jFAh6QN5Uk

Whoever this Joker is. Doesn't work. At all.
Last edited by benji on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benji

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:38 pm

Andrew wrote:Played a little Injustice: Gods Among Us at a friend's place last night. Being an MK fan, I found it pretty fun and easy to pick up.

Same here. Even the cheesing you would expect in MK works in Injustice. :lol:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby JaoSming on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:53 pm

benji wrote:
JaoSming wrote:I hope it does well because dat story was like whoa. ... it is pretty damn great....and I am not a comic guy.

Haven't seen it, just read wiki description and last part explains the first two comments.

EDIT: Found the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jFAh6QN5Uk

Whoever this Joker is. Doesn't work. At all.

no? I enjoyed
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby deihatein on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:39 am

I'm on Ares now and the clones fight is ughhhhh. I might beat it today if I have the patience.

And just did. Feels like a marathon with three straight final boss fight. There is no way I'm going to do it in Very Hard mode.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Cpt(K) on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:20 am

I have started to play Dead Space again, haven't really completed it yet. I am curious, has the first game any form of stealthing around your enemies? Or do you always have to confront the necromorphs at every turn? I've bought the second game, swore not to start on it until after the first one. I've learned it doesn't have co-op (I'm very slow, uninformed on horror games) but that won't deter me.
Cpt(K)

Postby formx on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:02 am

Been playing a lot of NHL 13 since I play in leagues. Lately I've also started playing my free copy of Metro 2033 I got on Steam a couple months ago. The game is not bad, but it's really intense on graphics. Could barely run 60 FPS on High settings. Will also be picking up MLB 13 The Show later tonight, and I would probably play that during the course of this week.

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby el badman on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:00 am

Cpt(K) wrote:I have started to play Dead Space again, haven't really completed it yet. I am curious, has the first game any form of stealthing around your enemies? Or do you always have to confront the necromorphs at every turn?

From what I can remember, there is really no stealthy approach for that game. It's as linear as it gets, therefore there's really only one way to proceed, cut those limbs.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:38 am

el badman wrote:
Cpt(K) wrote:I have started to play Dead Space again, haven't really completed it yet. I am curious, has the first game any form of stealthing around your enemies? Or do you always have to confront the necromorphs at every turn?

From what I can remember, there is really no stealthy approach for that game. It's as linear as it gets, therefore there's really only one way to proceed, cut those limbs.

I remember running past one or two because ammo was a problem as well as my aim. Then I got stuck in a hospital room that I couldn't get past and haven't played it since.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:03 am

JaoSming wrote:
Qballer wrote:i saw commercials for it today during the playoffs... it looks like they just took the MK vs. DC game and made it all DC characters. they even say "from the makers of mortal kombat"

it looks like there are more changes than just that, but definitely similarities.

In tone, execution and quality, it's a lot more similar to MK 9 as well, which is certainly preferable to MK vs DC. I thought MK vs DC was decent, it was enjoyable enough, but it was a low point in the series.

shadowgrin wrote:
Andrew wrote:Played a little Injustice: Gods Among Us at a friend's place last night. Being an MK fan, I found it pretty fun and easy to pick up.

Same here. Even the cheesing you would expect in MK works in Injustice. :lol:

Oh my, yes.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:28 pm

formyhunny wrote:Could barely run 60 FPS on High settings.

OH THE INHUMANITY! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Kids smh.

I guess I need to kill myself now for being able to run 2K13 only at 30 fps at mid settings. WHY GOD WHY.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Cpt(K) on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Pdub wrote:
el badman wrote:

I remember running past one or two because ammo was a problem as well as my aim. Then I got stuck in a hospital room that I couldn't get past and haven't played it since.

Hospital rooms like a morgue probably, the game still freaks me out. I'm on Chapter 7 now, went to the wiki and spoiled myself with information. How terrible of me. :lol: I can handle movies well enough, but horror games always seem to get me haha. :crazyeyes:
Cpt(K)

Postby NovU on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:25 am

Seems like Square Fucknix messed up another good series in Tomb Raider. Gameplay is not fun and graphic makes me dizzy. And quite slow paced. :shake: And Lara Croft doesn't have IT anymore. They gone away from good stuff, her trademark looks. Short short, green tanktop, nice tidy hair, and all that. But most importantly her characteristic isn't that cool anymore. She's like just another regular woman. Lara I remember was one badass bitch.

Gonna give this a couple more hours. If it doesn't work out, back to 2k13 VC farming, god I hate it.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby [Q] on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:11 am

yeah they fucked up hitman too
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:48 pm

NovU wrote:And Lara Croft doesn't have IT anymore. They gone away from good stuff, her trademark looks. Short short, green tanktop, nice tidy hair, and all that. But most importantly her characteristic isn't that cool anymore. She's like just another regular woman. Lara I remember was one badass bitch.

Take it easy there loverboy, afaik that game's plot is some sort of origin story so Lara is not yet 'Lara'.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby NovU on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:49 pm

Thanks for the spoiler, you bastard!
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby benji on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:11 pm

I like how everything you're complaining about is everything they specifically said they were doing differently and intending to change. Remember the "you'll want to protect her" blunder/feminist firestorm?
benji

Postby NovU on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:19 pm

It somewhat seemed like the developers wanted to create woman version of Nathan Drake from Uncharted series. But... my Lara...
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:24 pm

NovU wrote:It somewhat seemed like the developers wanted to create woman version of Nathan Drake from Uncharted series. But... my Lara...

Keep in kind that she almost gets sexually assaulted in this game (I heard) and since the game is based on her past, she eventually gets implants, starts dolling herself up and learns to use guns. There is a transition somewhere.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic