Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby NovU on Fri May 10, 2013 12:00 am

Haterz, My humour sense is too outta roof for u guys.

Just Beat The Bioshock Infinite. Despite grin's spoiler, the ending was superb. (Y)

SPoILER Alert
One of the best endings I've seen in recent years. Movie-sque like story telling also contributed to the experience. Multi Universe concept reminded me bit of FF xiii-2. But Bioshock left bit more room to ponder about what really happened . Booker is Comstock. Anna is his daughter. That's cool but wasn't too clear on how multi universe really works. I think I will read into that.

Back to Sleeping Dogs and 2K13 for now. Any recommendation for next game?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Lamrock on Sat May 11, 2013 1:14 pm

The original Bioshock blew me away, but Infinite was thoroughly enjoyable throughout. I fell for "would you kindly" but I saw this ending coming a mile away.
Lamrock

Postby NovU on Sun May 12, 2013 6:27 am

Lamrock wrote:The original Bioshock blew me away, but Infinite was thoroughly enjoyable throughout. I fell for "would you kindly" but I saw this ending coming a mile away.

I played the original Bioshock for like couple days but didn't bother finishing it mostly because I was into other games back then. I remember it being visually pleasing in the beginning but didn't like how gloomy it made me feel playing entirely in rooms with no lightings. Then got into Fallout 3. So Bioshock to me was pretty much forgotten until now.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby [Q] on Mon May 20, 2013 11:52 am

i was thinking about getting sleeping dogs. anybody played this yet? if i buy used, are there any online codes or dlc that i lose out on?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Mon May 20, 2013 1:37 pm

There's no online. And there was a regular version with no DLC and a Limited Edition that came with some DLC.

If you wait for May 29th you can get the Sleeping Dogs Complete Pack for $13 from Amazon.
benji

Postby Patr1ck on Mon May 20, 2013 1:44 pm

Qballer wrote:i was thinking about getting sleeping dogs. anybody played this yet? if i buy used, are there any online codes or dlc that i lose out on?

Base game was pretty balanced as far as the challenge goes. I heard the DLC might make it easier. I never got the urge to spend any extra money on it for the little that the DLC's offered.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

benji wrote:If you wait for May 29th you can get the Sleeping Dogs Complete Pack for $13 from Amazon.

i might just wait then.

i read about the DLC and it does sound like they make the game easier, so I don't think i really want it
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Tue May 21, 2013 7:50 am

Sleeping Dog is free right now if you are a PSN subscriber. Even hard copy should be easy to find at about 20 bucks these days.

I beat this game couple days ago on PS3. I don't think you'd want this game any easier than already is.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby formx on Tue May 21, 2013 9:30 am

NovU wrote:Sleeping Dog is free right now if you are a PSN subscriber. Even hard copy should be easy to find at about 20 bucks these days.

I beat this game couple days ago on PS3. I don't think you'd want this game any easier than already is.

PSN+ is too expensive. I'd rather pay the $4 or something like that when it comes on sale for PC.

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby [Q] on Tue May 21, 2013 11:58 am

NovU wrote:Sleeping Dog is free right now if you are a PSN subscriber.

lol if i wanted to pay for online gaming, i would've bought an xbox
I beat this game couple days ago on PS3.

sell me your game for 20 bucks!
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby formx on Tue May 21, 2013 12:02 pm

Qballer wrote:sell me your game for 20 bucks!

I think he got in on PSN+ Q.

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby [Q] on Tue May 21, 2013 12:18 pm

oh yeah. forgot that part :lol:

i guess it's not a bad idea if you play enough games. but i don't play enough to make the $15/mo or whatever worth it.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 pm

I considered getting a PSN but decided not worth it. Free games are pretty cool but I don't like those micro transaction that I will be tempted to make because PSN users get discount. I just prefer hard copies.

I don't know about in the states but Sleeping Dogs have been in $20 price range at a lot of places in Canada. Like this Bestbuy. I picked mine up from Walmart about a month ago. And I'd definitely sell mine to you if I could. LoL.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sle ... ageIndex=1
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby formx on Tue May 21, 2013 12:47 pm

NovU wrote:I considered getting a PSN but decided not worth it. Free games are pretty cool but I don't like those micro transaction that I will be tempted to make because PSN users get discount. I just prefer hard copies.

I don't know about in the states but Sleeping Dogs have been in $20 price range at a lot of places in Canada. Like this Bestbuy. I picked mine up from Walmart about a month ago. And I'd definitely sell mine to you if I could. LoL.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sle ... ageIndex=1

gime slepin dougs 4 10$ pls

formx

Postby [Q] on Tue May 21, 2013 2:03 pm

they still sell for $30 here. i could buy one used and get it for 25-30. i might just wait until it's $12 DD on steam on the 29th
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby formx on Tue May 21, 2013 4:21 pm

Qballer wrote:they still sell for $30 here. i could buy one used and get it for 25-30. i might just wait until it's $12 DD on steam on the 29th

You just missed the Square Enix sale where they had the game for $7.50

formx

Postby NovU on Wed May 22, 2013 12:26 am

Yeah, personally I wouldn't have picked it up for $30 neither now that I have played this game. But at $12, can't go wrong imo.

formyhunny wrote:gime slepin dougs 4 10$ pls

U lowballing surrey jack!
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby formx on Wed May 22, 2013 8:44 am

NovU wrote:U lowballing surrey jack!

non

formx

Postby el badman on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:19 am

Still spending countless hours on Skyrim. The DLCs and some of the latest mods certainly make it worth playing again.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby bowdown on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:17 pm

Wow dude. I dont know how you play so much of one game. I can never get into video games that much. Ive tried and just cant see myself playing one game that many hours.
bowdown

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:22 pm

If you're into deep games that offer an immersive experience with a lot of replay value, it's quite easy to rack up the hours.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby el badman on Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:49 pm

Exactly, and Skyrim is by far the most incredibly deep gaming existence I've ever had.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby jenz on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:59 pm

el badman, what mods would you recommend for Skyrim?
jenz
Too cool for a custom title.

Postby Lean on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:13 pm

Try SkyRe and all the mods that go with it. It adjusts Skyrim to a much more difficult setting.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby jenz on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:08 pm

How about in terms of visuals and lighting? Thanks btw. :)
jenz
Too cool for a custom title.

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic