Assassin's Creed III

For all video games that aren't about basketball.

Assassin's Creed III

Postby JaoSming on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:42 pm

phpBB [video]

2K Modding Tutorials - My YouTube Channel

JaoSming
Guru
Administrator

Re: Assassin's Creed III

Postby Brawn Shadley on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:27 pm

So it's based on that jew hater Mel Gibson?
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
Kenny on Create A Legend mode wrote:I was fumbling around with the controls and making a lot of mistakes. If you’re about realism in NBA games, but you lack the experience in this type of game mode, I’d suggest starting with a player like Kwame; it really does feel like an authentic experience straight off the bat.
Brawn Shadley
NLSC's Jefferson Davis/The Questioneer

Postby Lean on Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:33 pm

Okay, I'm half-hearted on this one. I've been waiting for a full game with no more Animus, and Desmond being the main guy because the entire series is his story. Or this could be Desmond after all. If not, then...

Keeping the spoiler tags on for those who still ain't done with Revelations.

I see no point in Desmond still reliving the memories of his ancestors. With Altair, he simulated it to find the maps for the Pieces of Eden. With Ezio, he simulated it to use the Bleeding Effect and be trained using his Assassin skills. In Brotherhood, Desmond continued to relive Ezio's life to find the location of one of the temples. In the Brotherhood DLC, he already found out where the Grand Temple is, then went to a coma after he stabbed the hell out of Lucy -- which still has no clear reason why was that done in the first place. In Revelations, he fought out of coma through Ezio and Altair and at the end, Desmond said "he knows what to do" and they were shown to be just outside of the location of the Grand Temple.

Given that Desmond is trained with Ezio and Altair, and he knows what to do, there's no sense for him to go back to the Animus and live another ancestral life. Also, this may lead to Assassin's Creed 3.25, 3.5, and 3.75.

Just rants from a guy who likes the franchise's story. :(
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:52 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the game takes place in both Revolutionary and Modern New York.

Will be on the cover of the next GI:
benji
now that's how you paint fruit

Postby Lean on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:56 am

I don't know if this is the image Ben posted but:

I'm still half-hearted. Desmond's story needs some serious closure. It is still a piece of nice art though.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:37 pm

Nah, GI took it down, you can find the cover art here:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... d-iii.aspx
Desmond's story needs some serious closure.

This one will do that, they've said for a while this is the last game to feature Desmond.
benji

Postby deihatein on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:17 pm

So the one on the cover art is Ezio?
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Batdirk and Monbin

Postby el badman on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:34 am

No, it looks like it will be a different ancestor, but still based on Desmond's story. From IGN:

First, we know that the character pictured is a new protagonist for the Assassin's Creed series. Ubisoft previously confirmed that Ezio and Altair's history was concluded in Assassin's Creed Revelations but that this year's game would conclude Desmond's story. That means that the character seen here is still an ancestor of Desmond's and will be the character we play as via the Animus. Today, Game Informer has also revealed its new cover, which includes an even better look at the character.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219834p1.html
El Badmanator IV: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.50GHz, OCZ Vertex4 256GB SSD, ASUS P8Z77-V LX, EVGA GTX 780 3GB, G.Skill F3 12800CL9D 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 RAM, Samsung SyncMaster 3D LED 27" S27A950D, Thermaltake 750W PSU, Smilodon Dirk-Tooth case, Creative 5.1 Surround sound, Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Kit, Gigabyte Aivia Osmium mechanical keyboard, Windows 8.1 Pro
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby benji on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:41 am

- The new Assassin is the son of a Native American woman and a British soldier. His calls himself Connor, but his birth name is Ratohnhaké:ton. Born into the Mohawk, he eventually crosses paths with the Assassins in his search for righteousness.

- Connor is quiet and stoic, letting actions speak for words rather than conversing with others. In contrast to Ezio, Connor is a freedom fighter who acts in the name of justice rather than on personal revenge.

- Settings will include Boston, New York and a large countryside. The countryside will be the setting of about 1/3 of the game, and will be the location of many events during the game. The countryside will be about 1.5 times as big as Rome in Brotherhood.

- The protagonist will fight on the American side, with primary allies George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee. However, this does not mean that the Americans are the good guys and the British are the bad guys. Templars are everywhere…

- There will be seasons in the game, meaning that the sun will shine during summer and the landscape will be covered in snow during winter.

- Fighting and stealth will be completely re-innovated, with Connor being compared to a “predator”. The player will be able to climb trees and other natural elements, and dual-wielding weapons such as a dagger and a mohawk is now also an option.

- Animals will be present in the woods, like deer and bears. The player will be able to kill them and pelt their skins, to sell them later with the reformed economic system of the game.

- There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16.

- Desmond will go into the new Animus 3.0 and will find himself going into “significant events”.

- 100% sync in memories returns, though this time you will be rewarded when you complete memories to 100%. Checkpoints will also be introduced to mission replay, meaning you don’t have to replay an entire mission to get that 100% sync.

- The Brotherhood, or Assassins Guild, will return in some form, albeit differently than we have seen before.

There will be no more Mercenaries, Thieves, Courtesans, Romani or other factions, but there will be a replacement for them.

- Den Defense will not return.
benji

Postby Lean on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:45 am

Based on the screenshots, this one may seem to have a new engine of sorts.

benji wrote:
- Den Defense will not return.

Oh thank goodness. Not that I fail in that department, that minigame just flat out suck.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby deihatein on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:14 pm

I wish the Assassin outfit is different this time around or maybe I'm getting tired of that hood thing.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Batdirk and Monbin

Postby Lamrock on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:31 am

I disagree.

Lamrock
I can change this now.

Postby Lean on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:24 am

shadow will now pre-order this game because of that.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Brawn Shadley on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:24 am

A game character that's based on Mel Gibson with Kobe's fashion sense, A MUST BUY!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
Kenny on Create A Legend mode wrote:I was fumbling around with the controls and making a lot of mistakes. If you’re about realism in NBA games, but you lack the experience in this type of game mode, I’d suggest starting with a player like Kwame; it really does feel like an authentic experience straight off the bat.
Brawn Shadley

Postby deihatein on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:29 am

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Batdirk and Monbin

Postby Lean on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:22 am

Here it is if you can't see it from dei's link.

phpBB [video]

Seems like you can now climb trees. Also, there seem to be no hidden blade kill on the trailer. And, Connor's axe resembles the Assassin Insignia.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Brawn Shadley on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:02 am

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/assassins-c ... 571p1.html

And with that, I shall leave you with my closing conversation with Ubisoft PR regarding the release date, which has been officially announced as October 30th, 2012 for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.

GameSpy: So when's the PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: October 30th.

GameSpy: Yeah, but when's the real PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: It's October 30th.

GameSpy: Uh huh. And can you say that with a straight face?

Ubisoft PR: You can ask me as many times as you like, but the answer will be the same.

GameSpy: Very well, let's move on. So, when will you announce the delay of the PC version?

Ubisoft PR: ...
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
Brawn Shadley

Postby Lean on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:42 am

Gameplay trailer:

phpBB [video]

EDIT

E3 Trailer:

phpBB [video]

:bowdown:
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Qballer on Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:08 pm

nice to see they went away from the same formula as the 1st 4 games which i felt got repetitive real quick. i like the human shield, that was pretty cool.
Qballer
NBA Live 15 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:23 pm

This is not fake.

This is the actual ad for the game.

phpBB [video]
benji

Postby benji on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:25 am

benji

Postby Lean on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:51 am

phpBB [video]
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby #thierry on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:12 am

OMG I literally can't wait. Believe me when I say I haven't installed Skyrim (got it a couple of weeks ago) waiting for this.
“The Takeover”, my weekly radioshow. Image
#thierry

Postby Lean on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Arrived on local shelves earlier today, installing this shit:

Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:47 am

Man, this game looks great.

Haven't tried multiplayer yet. And there are slight changes on combat and free-running controls. Animations chain better this time around. Lighting and textures look like The Witcher 2's, only less desaturated.

And Desmond looks like a monkey.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Bnicolas13 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:45 pm

Love the game, but finding the lead up to playing as Connor as a bit slow. I know they're setting up a story here but its a little too slow for my taste.
CPU: Intel i7 2600K OC'd @ 4.4GHZ
GPU: 2 GTX 570s in SLI
RAM: 16 GB Corsair RAM
MOBO: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
PSU: Rosewill Lightning 1300W
Bnicolas13

Postby Lean on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:39 am

The end of Sequence 3 is quite... something.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby deihatein on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:21 am

Thanks for reminding me that I still need to finish Brotherhood and Revelations.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Batdirk and Monbin

Postby Lean on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:55 pm

I'm on UPlay: add Crappystuff.

Currently on sequence 6. The game has a huge map. The Frontier reminds me of that large connecting map in-between cities in Assassin's Creed 1.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Bnicolas13 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:40 pm

Finally finished. Hated the ending, felt short. As have all the AC games though.

Anyone else find Connor annoying? Maybe Ezio is just a hard act to follow...
Bnicolas13

Postby Lean on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:35 pm

I think he's fine. I feel he's more like Altair. Ezio is a better character overall (perhaps because of his three-game span).
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby hewps on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:31 pm

Not as good as ACII, whereas still a very good game. Loved the fighting system and the open world/exploration, annoyed with chest lock picking and dull horse riding.
hewps

Postby Lean on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:23 am

hewps wrote:chest lock picking

Honestly I still don't get how that works. :|
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Bnicolas13 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:25 am

Lean wrote:I think he's fine. I feel he's more like Altair. Ezio is a better character overall (perhaps because of his three-game span).

That's a good point. I think it has more to do with Ezio's rather playful antics as opposed to Altair/Connor being entirely goal-oriented. Nevertheless, it'll be interesting to see if Connor is treated to spin offs as well.

Lean wrote:
hewps wrote:chest lock picking

Honestly I still don't get how that works. :|

You're not alone...
Bnicolas13

Postby Lean on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:25 pm

Okay, so I finished the campaign. And as with all the other games: what in the hell happened?

I think this game failed the hype, though. It does not feel as big as what I believed it would be. I thought there's gonna be one level where you are in the middle of a big battle (much like the CG trailer).

The ending for Connor's story sucks. I mean, the first AC you get to fight Al Mualim; surely the last mission in AC2 was a downer, no boss fight vs. the Pope but the constraints you have to go through to get to him are overwhelming; AC:B has this big fight sequences towards the end and that boss fight vs. Cezare. Revelations suck because it's just a chase scene to get to Ahmet. No boss fights.

Then for AC3, just a chasedown on Charles Lee? And you just kill him on a cutscene? :lame:

The gameplay mechanics had a minor change, actions have one less button to use. But I still think that Brotherhood is the best Assassin's Creed game made.

And Desmond is dead. Juno is revealed to be a bad guy and is set to the world. Surely there would be a sequel. Perhaps Minerva would revive Desmond.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Return to Video Games Central