NBA 2K17 X 21 Roster Project - Beta RELEASED!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NBA 2K17 X 21 Roster Project - WIP (New demo 2 trailer out)

Postby sevin0seven on Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:05 am

UPDATE:

I was finally able to go back to this project again last night with little free time I had. I will be doing some minor tweaking to the project before the public release of the beta.

SiC2KK wrote:That is nice for both of you!!! impressive work!
yo sevin0seven and SimonLee, I'm currently doing a roster update too for NBA2K17, what I just do is the roster not the presentation, u might want to collab or anything else? (Y) :D :cheeky:

Thanks! wished you had come sooner when the project started.

After the project is release feel free to use as base for yours. I won't be updating anymore after it's initial release and it will be "as is".
"Every basketball player doesn't have to learn the exact same move. Imagination and creativity separates you from others. Dare to be different!" - Rod Strickland
sevin0seven

Postby Simonn-Lee on Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:51 am

yo sevin0seven and SimonLee, I'm currently doing a roster update too for NBA2K17, what I just do is the roster not the presentation, u might want to collab or anything else? (Y) :D :cheeky:

I’ve tried it, it feels RIGHT!!

It's good to see seven0seven finally wanna release this roster and give u the permission of our files :D
That means of course u can also use the jerseys that I made, to do whatever u want! :mrgreen:
After seven0seven releasing this roster, with the art work by seven0seven and the Nike jerseys by me, your roster would be more complete :mrgreen: :100: :fire:

(P.S. I would love to see your roster gets more updates in the future :cheeky: :cheeky: )
Simonn-Lee

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:28 am

Not trying to put any pressure on you guys... but you could totally then this into a 20-21 roster as long as not a lot of changes have been made to the jerseys and courts...

I'll probably be converting James Wiseman, LaMelo Ball and Anthony Edward's this week... and I have already concerned Nico Mannion.

Just a thought.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby SiC2KK on Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:19 am

sevin0seven wrote:UPDATE:

I was finally able to go back to this project again last night with little free time I had. I will be doing some minor tweaking to the project before the public release of the beta.

Thanks! wished you had come sooner when the project started.

After the project is release feel free to use as base for yours. I won't be updating anymore after it's initial release and it will be "as is".

thanks bro!!!! I'm looking forward for this bro!!! :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :applaud: :applaud:
"Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise."

- Kobe Bryant

SiC2KK

Postby SiC2KK on Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:26 am

Simonn-Lee wrote:

I’ve tried it, it feels RIGHT!!

It's good to see seven0seven finally wanna release this roster and give u the permission of our files :D
That means of course u can also use the jerseys that I made, to do whatever u want! :mrgreen:
After seven0seven releasing this roster, with the art work by seven0seven and the Nike jerseys by me, your roster would be more complete :mrgreen: :100: :fire:

(P.S. I would love to see your roster gets more updates in the future :cheeky: :cheeky: )

thankyou too bro! i'm gonna finish what y'all started! :mrgreen: :100: :bowdown: :bowdown:
"Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise."

- Kobe Bryant

SiC2KK

Postby sevin0seven on Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:18 am

SiC2KK wrote:thankyou too bro! i'm gonna finish what y'all started! :mrgreen: :100: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:100: :fire:

Dee4Three wrote:Not trying to put any pressure on you guys... but you could totally then this into a 20-21 roster as long as not a lot of changes have been made to the jerseys and courts...

I'll probably be converting James Wiseman, LaMelo Ball and Anthony Edward's this week... and I have already concerned Nico Mannion.

Just a thought.

Looks like this will come true as SiC2KK will continue the project moving forward. :cool:
"Every basketball player doesn't have to learn the exact same move. Imagination and creativity separates you from others. Dare to be different!" - Rod Strickland
sevin0seven

Postby SiC2KK on Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:23 am

sevin0seven wrote:
SiC2KK wrote:thankyou too bro! i'm gonna finish what y'all started! :mrgreen: :100: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:100: :fire:

Dee4Three wrote:Not trying to put any pressure on you guys... but you could totally then this into a 20-21 roster as long as not a lot of changes have been made to the jerseys and courts...

Just a thought.

Looks like this will come true as SiC2KK will continue the project moving forward. :cool:

Lets goooo, Im really hyped up!!! :fire: :fire:

- Kobe Bryant

SiC2KK

Postby Demo210 on Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:48 am

It is too much to look forward to, hope to be released as soon as possible!
:bowdown: :bowdown: :fire: :fire: :100:

Just a thought.
Demo210

Re: NBA 2K17 X 21 Roster Project - Beta RELEASED!

Postby sevin0seven on Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:01 pm

version: 03.30.2021

Release Notes:

Credits:

Arts/Menus/Backgrounds/Dornas/Misc:
sevin0seven

Roster editing:
sevin0seven
Simonn-Lee

Cyberfaces modifications/conversions used:
RKJ
Razor
Lagoa
EGS_MLLR
Shuajota
2ktons
TGsoGood
TNeck
AE2K
sevin0seven
Simonn-Lee
Dee4Three

Jerseys:
pinoy21
Shuajota
PeacmanNOT (Skinny Jersey Model)
Simonn-Lee (conversion)

Global:
RKJ

Court:
SRT-Lebron
Lagoa
Manni-Live
sevin0seven (conversion)
Simonn-Lee (lighting edits)

Scoreboard:
exrxixxx

NBA Ball:
EGS_MLLR
sevin0seven (conversion)

Tools:
Limnono
Cheat Engine

Special Thanks (for tips):
Dee4Three
sticky-fingers

*If I left anybody out, let me know.

*Note:
All classic teams remain untouched on this project.
1992 USA Dream Team Unlock

What's left that's needed to be done:
2020 Roster, Player ratings, coaches changes (80% done)
2021 Roster (0% Done)
CF conversion
Assign coaches to their 2020 teams (Only 76ers, Bucks, Bulls, Cavs, Celtics and Lakers are done or modified)
Player portraits (50% done)
Dornas (3% done. *Only 76ers, Heat, Lakers are done)

Other Notes:
*Lamelo Ball and James Wiseman are in free agent list :wink:
**Only 2020 Roster and Modded Folder are included in the download link.

Download Here :arrow: NBA 2K17 X 21 PROJECT (BETA v03.30.21)

Installation Tutorial: Watch Here

Optional Download: :arrow: SYNC.BIN (For those having roster corrupt files message)

***You are welcome to use this project as a base as long as you give credit to all the modders on the list for their work.
Last edited by sevin0seven on Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sevin0seven

Postby SiC2KK on Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:06 am

THANKYOU BRO!!! NICE WORK!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :applaud: :fire:

- Kobe Bryant

SiC2KK

Postby Demo210 on Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:20 am

The list is perfect, but why not have Adebayo Cyberface?
Demo210

Postby Demo210 on Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:22 am

Or you can tell me, what is the Cyberface number of Adebayo on the list?
Demo210

Postby Canteniko on Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:36 am

Bam CF id is 4187. Sevin, could you please tell me how to asign a alternative court by te jersey? I think that if you chose te alt jersey for the BUCKS the court is the secondary 2020, that´s right?
Canteniko

Postby JerryTheHooper on Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:53 am

Damn I've spent like 2 hours trying to figure out why when I try and load the roster I get a corrupted file notice any reason why that's happening to me fellas?
JerryTheHooper

Postby SiC2KK on Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:19 am

Bro Do you have a cyberface id list for this roster? i really wanna know what is the id list of this, i will use this as a base of the roster.. :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :100: :fire:

- Kobe Bryant

SiC2KK

Postby sevin0seven on Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:52 pm

Demo210 wrote:The list is perfect, but why not have Adebayo Cyberface?

His CF is included...

JerryTheHooper wrote:Damn I've spent like 2 hours trying to figure out why when I try and load the roster I get a corrupted file notice any reason why that's happening to me fellas?

How did you installed the files? Did you try to create a roster first, then save it. Log out of the game. Replace the roster you just created with the roster file I provided in folder? Then log back in the game and load the roster.

SiC2KK wrote:Bro Do you have a cyberface id list for this roster? i really wanna know what is the id list of this, i will use this as a base of the roster.. :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :100: :fire:

Sorry bro, no ID list whatsoever. Use Limono tools to view CF ID.
sevin0seven

Postby JerryTheHooper on Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:32 am

Yeah I've tried both options I first tried just dragging in the roster by itself and nothing pops up in the roster menu. So I tried making a blank roster and replaced it with this one but once i do that i get the corrupted roster file. Its not my first time doing the roster swap but for some reason its just not working for me :?
JerryTheHooper

Postby sevin0seven on Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:46 am

JerryTheHooper wrote:Yeah I've tried both options I first tried just dragging in the roster by itself and nothing pops up in the roster menu. So I tried making a blank roster and replaced it with this one but once i do that i get the corrupted roster file. Its not my first time doing the roster swap but for some reason its just not working for me :?

It won't work if you just drag the roster. Did you restart the game from beginning after doing the swap? The roster file has to be the same name as the roster you replace.

Have you tried other mods (like UCTRV3)?
sevin0seven

Postby 2kSimBaller on Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:26 am

You guys roster mod is freaking awesome and thanks for doing it. :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2:

One thing though some of the players like Tatum, Morant, and few others their CF isn't complete it seems. when i play a game their heads are all black figure but body seems fine. As well as the ref's uniform are nothing but black.

I know it's beta but was wondering if any of you guys are getting this too or is something at my end. Please let me know I really want to enjoy this godly mod and so far I have been.
2kSimBaller

Postby nward50987 on Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:47 am

Does anybody knows what the roster name is so that I can replace it with this roster?
nward50987

Postby nward50987 on Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:25 am

2kSimBaller wrote:You guys roster mod is freaking awesome and thanks for doing it. :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2:

One thing though some of the players like Tatum, Morant, and few others their CF isn't complete it seems. when i play a game their heads are all black figure but body seems fine. As well as the ref's uniform are nothing but black.

I know it's beta but was wondering if any of you guys are getting this too or is something at my end. Please let me know I really want to enjoy this godly mod and so far I have been.

How do I access the roster. I'm having trouble naming and loading the roster.
nward50987

Postby sevin0seven on Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:01 am

2kSimBaller wrote:You guys roster mod is freaking awesome and thanks for doing it. :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2:

Thanks! glad your enjoying it. All the CF that are included are complete. Have you watch the trailer posted on the first page or seen the preview images? Tatum, Morant and the refs has no issues at all. I'm assuming you didn't install the mod correctly.

nward50987 wrote:Does anybody knows what the roster name is so that I can replace it with this roster?

If you created a roster in game and 2K automatically rename it Roster002 on your local files. Then you should rename the roster I provided (the one you downloaded) to Roster002 as well.
Last edited by sevin0seven on Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
sevin0seven

Postby MarfredC on Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:16 am

Hi there, hope everyone is doing great, but i gotta say, same thing happened here, roster corrupt file..
MarfredC

Postby nward50987 on Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:32 am

Yeah, It's weird, It'll probably be fixed.
nward50987

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:41 am

MarfredC wrote:Hi there, hope everyone is doing great, but i gotta say, same thing happened here, roster corrupt file..

You guys need to make sure to follow these steps... it works perfect for me every time

1. While online, go into the game and create a roster (Just do the official roster). Name it 19-20 roster or something
2. Leave the game, go to the location of the rosters (The path in the video below), organize by date modified (The new roster you just created will be on the top), and replace that roster with the 19-20 roster here, naming it the exact same (For example, if the roster you just created is roster0077, rename the 19-20 roster roster0077 and replace it)
3. Go into the game and load the roster.

I show how to do it on the video below starting at around 12:18. Ignore the sync.bin part, follow the roster creation and replace part.

phpBB [video]

Again, I have done this many times, it absolutely works.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding