NBA 1996 by Laroche23 and Iron Knight RELEASED

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NBA 1996 by Laroche23 and Iron Knight RELEASED

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:53 pm

skoadam wrote:One question.
Who made courts? Not who converted them. Im not sure about credits.

They used my roster as a base, so the court credit for the courts that were in my roster are on my page (I got permissions and gave full credit for everything I converted). Other than that, I don't know. If they are converting courts from the URB (which I did and have credit for), using the one texture court creator, that would make sense.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby skoadam on Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:08 pm

Dee4Three wrote:

They used my roster as a base, so the court credit for the courts that were in my roster are on my page (I got permissions and gave full credit for everything I converted). Other than that, I don't know. If they are converting courts from the URB (which I did and have credit for), using the one texture court creator, that would make sense.

I see big difference between your credits + i see this here:
Courts made by Iron Knight
Image Image Image

URB WHERE SIM HAPPENS [41 Complete Seasons Mods + Bonus Rosters]

2022/2023 2021/2022 2020/2021 2019/2020 2018/2019 2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016 2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013
2011/2012 2010/2011 2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006 2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003
2001/2002 2000/2001 1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996 1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993
1991/1992 1990/1991 1989/1990 1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986 1984/1985 1969/1970 1961/1962
skoadam
U R Basketball - Where Sim Happens
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:45 am

skoadam wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

I see big difference between your credits + i see this here:
Courts made by Iron Knight

I agree, if they are converting courts they should be giving credit. And I mean, if we are getting technical, it says "Portraits made by Laroche23 and Iron Knight", when I can guarantee they are using a lot of the portraits (we made over 170) that were made for my roster (My brother and I made them). And If they are saying "Courts made by" like you stated, it should be "Courts converted by Iron knight, Dee4Three, credits to the URB for the base". And, something so broad as credits to "Dee4Three (ultimate classic Roster used as a base)", does not really give credit to me for all the ratings/signatures/tendencies/attributes that they used as a base or as is for the roster in general.

I understand that because NBA 2K18 is out, this won't get a lot of attention, but I agree wholeheartedly with Sko about proper credits. I appreciate you stating that you used my roster as a base, but it was a whole lot more than a shell to start with. You guys did a lot of work, but make sure you give proper credits.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby laroche23 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:14 pm

no problem @dee4three ,we will make sure to correct the credits on the first page, we tought by sayin that we use ur roster as a base, were mentioning enough ..(since a roster includes all works with cfs/courts /portraits etc.. involved ) ironknight did indeed created a lot of courts , and portraits (n ot all u made were included )

Just tell us, how u like us to put the credits and we will do it brother ..no issues at all ...

i am actually workin on a 8 year project, (called the Bulls Dynasty startin at the 1991 season, anyone interested helping ?
laroche23

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:30 am

Laroche23, it's not up to me how you do the credits. You should know how to do those based on the work that was done to the roster. That includes if you converted courts from URB (Skos team), or used my portraits.

I did it as code and listed everybody that had any work in my roster, I didn't get any complaints about that. For example, Portraits has me and BigTicket0521 (my brother). Courts have numerous people including the URB teams.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby skoadam on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:33 am

laroche23 wrote:) ironknight did indeed created a lot of courts

which one? point one
Image Image Image

URB WHERE SIM HAPPENS [41 Complete Seasons Mods + Bonus Rosters]

2022/2023 2021/2022 2020/2021 2019/2020 2018/2019 2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016 2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013
2011/2012 2010/2011 2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006 2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003
2001/2002 2000/2001 1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996 1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993
1991/1992 1990/1991 1989/1990 1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986 1984/1985 1969/1970 1961/1962
skoadam
U R Basketball - Where Sim Happens
Contributor

Postby laroche23 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:26 pm

skoadam wrote:

which one? point one

Pacers court created by Ironknight
Mavs court created by Ironknight
Bullets court creatwd by Ironknight (edited from dee4three)
Blazers court created by Ironknight
Last edited by laroche23 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
laroche23

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:45 pm

laroche23 wrote:
skoadam wrote:

which one? point one

Pacers court created by Ironknight
Mavs court created by Ironknight
Bullets court creatwd by Ironknight
Blazers court created by Ironknight

You didn't use my already converted Bullets court that I released on here (mine was 96-97)? I converted that from the URB.

And he created those courts 100% from scratch?

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby laroche23 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:53 am

.my bad I forgot to mention that he edited the bullets court

All other mentioned courts were created by Ironknight.(no conversion from UrB)

Honestly I kind of feel like we re being unfairly attacked ..we've been open and responsive to every critic,praise etc...the one thing before we decide to release the roster was to give the credits to all the people who contribued to this project and I feel like we did that ..maybe not to the liking of everyone ..but never once we took credit for something we've not done ...

Having said that I don't think it's worth the trouble to mention everything in all details...in the first page it's clearly mentioned that we use Dee4three roster as base (logically a roster includes courts /jerseys / players /and portraits) what else should we do ? I would understand if this remark had come earlier ..but Ist been nearly 4 months since it's been releases...and all of of sudden ..we did not give proper credits .is there a guideline to this ?if so we were not aware of this and we would apologize if it's indeed expected .

If not credits were given to everyones work we used or included ..I really hope it clears all things up ...

Thanks a lot .
laroche23

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:43 am

laroche23 wrote:.my bad I forgot to mention that he edited the bullets court

Honestly I kind of feel like we re being unfairly attacked ..we've been open and responsive to every critic,praise etc...the one thing before we decide to release the roster was to give the credits to all the people who contribued to this project and I feel like we did that ..maybe not to the liking of everyone ..but never once we took credit for something we've not done ...

Having said that I don't think it's worth the trouble to mention everything in all details...in the first page it's clearly mentioned that we use Dee4three roster as base (logically a roster includes courts /jerseys / players /and portraits) what else should we do ? I would understand if this remark had come earlier ..but Ist been nearly 4 months since it's been releases...and all of of sudden ..we did not give proper credits .is there a guideline to this ?if so we were not aware of this and we would apologize if it's indeed expected .

If not credits were given to everyones work we used or included ..I really hope it clears all things up ...

Thanks a lot .

It's not suddenly getting on your case, I see where Sko is coming from and it reminded me to ask about the credits as well. So out of the 30 courts, three were made by Ironknight? Or were you just picking a few that he made?

Because "Courts created by Ironknight", when its only like 10-20% of the courts, is misleading. And I see why Sko is questioning it. That's why I did a coded list of all the people who contributed to different aspects of my roster. That way I didn't leave anybody out.

In regards to Portraits, I am guessing you used most or all the ones that I had for the teams that you kept in there or only slightly tweaked. And yes, those portraits take hundreds of hours of work combined (Takes over an hour to do 1 portrait). Thank you for mentioning my roster as a base.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby laroche23 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:55 am

Dee4Three wrote:

Thanks a lot .

It's not suddenly getting on your case, I see where Sko is coming from and it reminded me to ask about the credits as well. So out of the 30 courts, three were made by Ironknight? Or were you just picking a few that he made?

Because "Courts created by Ironknight", when its only like 10-20% of the courts, is misleading. And I see why Sko is questioning it. That's why I did a coded list of all the people who contributed to different aspects of my roster. That way I didn't leave anybody out.

In regards to Portraits, I am guessing you used most or all the ones that I had for the teams that you kept in there or only slightly tweaked. And yes, those portraits take hundreds of hours of work combined (Takes over an hour to do 1 portrait). Thank you for mentioning my roster as a base.

Yes only the courts I mentioned are the ones made by Ironknight....
All other courts were from ur roster
Regarding the portaits I don't know if u be downloaded the last version of the roster ..I kept a few of the one u made ...myself and ironknight created a lot of the portaits also ....
Anyway ur roster was a huge help ...
laroche23

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:47 am

laroche23 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

Remember, I went into CE and helped you with this roster. I wanted it to be released, Im not being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk. Just trying to give proper credits. You guys obviously put a lot of work into this.

Thanks a lot .

Yes only the courts I mentioned are the ones made by Ironknight....
All other courts were from ur roster
Regarding the portaits I don't know if u be downloaded the last version of the roster ..I kept a few of the one u made ...myself and ironknight created a lot of the portaits also ....
Anyway ur roster was a huge help ...

So for the court credits, Im requesting that you put in "Courts made by Skoadam and the URB team, Converted by Dee4three". Courts also made by IronKnight.

That way, you are not stepping on Skos toes. "Courts made by Iron Knight", when its 3 out of the 30 in the roster, is not fair to the original creator of said courts (URB TEAM), and the converter of almost all of them (Me)

In regards to portraits, Ill go in and look to see how many were used from my roster. Not that I don't trust you, but "A few" is a very small number (Technically a few is 3). I am guessing its closer to 20 to 40, which also equals the amount of work it took to make each one (Including removing getty images). The only reason I am mentioning this, is because of the amount of work that went into them, and I don't want people thinking that IronKnight made all the portraits or courts (Clearly he did 3 to 4 courts out of 30),

"Portriats made by IronKnight" and "Courts made by IronKnight" is inaccurate and very misleading. That's what Sko and I are contesting.

Also, did he do the 76ers court? In your screenshots that's not mine, and it's not one that's in the game.

I want you to look at this, your credits below:

Credits (BIG SHOUTOUT TO THESE PEOPLE WHO HELPED US/ ALLOWED US TO USE THEIR WORK!)
Dee4Three (ultimate classic Roster used as a base )
PeacemanNot (Jerseys, CFs and a lot more stuff)
TGsoGood (Short file for the Short Shorts )
Caps inspired by Tgor/sellaz32/Laroche23
A big thanks for my Brother Iron Knight (who was commited from Start to finish /thanks for sharing my vision )
Jerseys made by Iron Knight and PeacemanNOT
Courts made by Iron Knight (3 or 4 out of 30, Credit the URB crew for the base courts, and Dee4Three for the conversions)
Custom presentation made by Iron Knight
Warmup jackets made by Iron Knight and PeacemanNOT
Soundtrack edited by Laroche23
Dornas made by Laroche23
Courts in game made by Laroche23 (What? You just said the courts were made by Iron Knight)
Portraits made by Laroche23 and Iron Knight (Not accurate, Portriats made by Iron knight, Laroche23, Dee4three and BigTicket0521)
NBA on NBC Pre-Game show logo edited by Iron Knight
NBA on NBC Scoreboard created by Bongo88 and edited by Iron Knight

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:59 am

Also, I am now actually quite annoyed, and would like IronKnight to come on here and say something.

LINK REMOVED BY DEE4THREE

At that link, there are NO credits. It says this:

The Best Roster Mod for One of the Best NBA Seasons.

NBA 1996 for NBA 2K17 by Laroche23 and Iron Knight

People who visit his site, and don't go on to NLSC, have NO IDEA the other people involved in this roster. That is extremely misleading and unfair to me, I spent thousands of hours on my roster, literally thousands. You used A LOT of my work, and the people who put work into my roster (Skos teams bases, PeacemanNot, etc). None of that is on the page.

Do you think it's fair to us to have his site not list us at all?

I'm really annoyed at the moment. Even Sticky-Fingers downloaded it and posted a comment on the screenshot thread that says:

Re: User Screenshot Thread

Unread postby sticky-fingers on Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:55 pm

Thanx, they did a great job mostly based on yours.

The way I look at it, the link I provided above make it look like you two did all the work for this roster. That site has NO LINK to the NLSC page here.

I consider that stolen credits, and I expect that to be fixed. Credits absolutely need to be on that site for the work that was done on this roster. PeacemanNot also put A LOT of work into things like Jerseys, some CF's, Cheat Engine, Jackets, etc. And he is not listed on that site at all, but a TON of his work is in the roster.

Laroche, you freaked out and needed my help with CE at one point, and I took the time to help you with CE aspects of the roster (Changing teams to current, changing all the arena names to be accurate). And, allowed you to use my roster as a base. That's how you guys repay me? By having a website dedicated to this roster with ZERO credits to the many people who worked on mine including myself, my brother, PeacemanNot, Sko's team, etc? "Created by Laroche23 and IronKnight"?

Fix this.

And WTF IS THIS

Download the files here: (Just click "Skip Ad" on the two advertisements (adfly and shortest). I'm really sorry for this, I think it will only take a minute of your time compared to the days we've spent on creating these. Also, it's just a way for us to earn at least a little bit from these, besides, these are free. I'll lessen the link when I get 500 downloads on any of the files)

Are you KIDDING me? Not only are you not giving credits, but you are bribing people by saying that if you get 500 downloads for "All the days spent" creating the roster, you will lesson the number of adfly links? So you are giving no credits for the base and ALL the other work done by the other people, but making some money (even if its a small amount) off of our work and even bribing to get more downloads?

My brother, who I love to death, spent a ton of time on the portraits you used in this roster. You are not only going to not give credit, but you are going to make money off of my brothers work? And bribe based on the work in this roster that he contributed to?

I don't think so, not for a second.

FIX THIS.

If it is not fixed, I am requesting that you remove all of my files from your roster. Every.single.one. That means the portraits you used, the courts, the ratings, the signatures, the tendencies, anything that you used from my roster. I would also expect that PeacemanNOT would want his files removed, considering you are not giving credits, while bribing for downloads and money on an alternate site. That would leave your roster pretty bare bones.

Also, because so many of my files are involved, I expect the 500 downloads comment to be removed from the site. That is not fair, as myself or my brother would NEVER have our work represented that way. EVER.

I have over 36,000 views on my youtube video for this roster, and between my 3 rosters I have over 10,000 downloads. Is that a ton? No. Did I bribe my way to views and downloads? NO. Do I not only give credits in my youtube video but also on NLSC, YES. Do all my videos have a link to NLSC where the credits are? YES. Did I take a PENNY for any of my work on my roster? NO. You should feel good about the downloads and views you get, not bribe in order to get them.

phpBB [video]
Last edited by Dee4Three on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby laroche23 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:39 am

alright guys, we need to calm down a little bit

Fair is, i will ask ironknight to reedit the first page and detailled all credits
second, i checked all portraits that are in the roster, there are exactly 21 portraits that i used from ur roster, we created 257 of them
about his site , i honestly never looked into it, ever.. since he was the one who was managing the files , i did expected him to do it, big mistake from my part..i apologize ..we´re no stealers by anymean, to be honest i dont even know how htis adflys ink etcc...work ...of course u ´re right ,it is very misleading.

I will ask him to edit the link from his site..
my apologies for this misunderstanding. but please dont act like it was a copy and paste, if u take a deep look into the 96 roster, u will realise that we did not really included a lot of the players from ur roster ... we put a lot of work into it...... just take a look .....from ur roster, there were a total of exactly 39 players that we use .

it will be all fixed , anything else ?
laroche23

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:46 am

laroche23 wrote:alright guys, we need to calm down a little bit

Fair is, i will ask ironknight to reedit the first page and detailled all credits
second, i checked all portraits that are in the roster, there are exactly 21 portraits that i used from ur roster, we created 257 of them
about his site , i honestly never looked into it, ever.. since he was the one who was managing the files , i did expected him to do it, big mistake from my part..i apologize ..we´re no stealers by anymean, to be honest i dont even know how htis adflys ink etcc...work ...of course u ´re right ,it is very misleading.

I will ask him to edit the link from his site..
my apologies for this misunderstanding. but please dont act like it was a copy and paste, if u take a deep look into the 96 roster, u will realise that we did not really included a lot of the players from ur roster ... we put a lot of work into it...... just take a look .....from ur roster, there were a total of exactly 39 players that we use .

it will be all fixed , anything else ?

I never said it was a copy and paste, not once. But a lot of work was done by people not named you or IronKnight, and you know that. Even 21 portraits is a lot of work (Each one takes an hour or more if they were Getty Images). The courts take quite awhile to convert, and Im sure they took a long time to make (URB team) originally.

39 players from my roster is still a lot of work, each player I worked on took 30 minutes or more, even end of the bench guys. That is still work being done to the roster. Between the courts, the portraits, the players, the logos, PeacemanNot's work on the jerseys, Jackets, CE, my work on CE, ALL OF THAT adds up. All of it. That is A LOT of work not done by Iron Knight and Laroche23. That cannot be disputed.

You guys did put a lot of work into it, but a lot of work you used was made by other people as well.

I expect that 500 downloads comment to be removed. I do not support that at all, especially with my work in the roster. If that is not removed, and full credits are not giving on his page (Not just a link to NLSC), I expect all the files that were used from my roster to be removed.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby laroche23 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:55 am

alright i just wanted to clarify that we indeed did not stealed or made a copy and paste, i ´ve worked also many hours into it, and i can totally understand where u ´re comin from.....

the comments will be removed and proper and full credits will be given...

i hope we can agree on this .-------------------

PS: once u will have time ,please take the time to appreciate the work that has been done, which of course included some of yours, THAT ROSTER WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT UR HELP, I AM FORERVER IN UR DEBT .
laroche23

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:57 am

Okay, thank you.

And I do appreciate the work on the roster, trust me. What I don't appreciate is how the roster was presented without proper credits, and the bribing of people to get downloads and make money.

not once did I say it was a copy and paste, look back at all my comments. I never said that.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby laroche23 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:00 am

Dee4Three wrote:Okay, thank you.

And I do appreciate the work on the roster, trust me. What I don't appreciate is how the roster was presented without proper credits, and the bribing of people to get downloads and make money.

not once did I say it was a copy and paste, look back at all my comments. I never said that.

fair point, i have nothing else to add...everythin i said will be done. as soon as Ironknight has the time to do it.
laroche23

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:04 am

laroche23 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:Okay, thank you.

fair point, i have nothing else to add...everythin i said will be done. as soon as Ironknight has the time to do it.

Thanks again.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:33 am

And I am going to bring this up, because it was brought up like 5 times in his thread for 2K17.

Here is a quote

Re: <IRON KNIGHT'S MODS> Celtics Player Portrait Pack Released!

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:31 am

Great job on these, but the process to be able to get them is horrible. You posted an ad-fly link on your facebook page from what I've seen. After you get past that, you get redirected to your website and you have to click another link. From there..there is an-adfly..inside an ad-fly..inside an other ad-fly...those are 3 in a row, 4 adfly links in total. It's a little bit desperate if you ask me. This time, I went ahead 'till the end just to see how far this stuff can go. Next time, I suggest you cut the process to a single ad-fly link if you want people to get your stuff and not give up half way through.

This is the type of stuff that I will not allow my mods to be a part of, period. Its along the same lines of "If I get 500 downloads, ill do less adfly links". So I will emphasize again, the 500 downloads comment is to be removed, as well as credits on that site. The credits should also be adjusted on this site.

That shit doesn't fly with me.

It's along the same lines as people getting pumped up for updated Thunder portraits (last years team), and having to go through 4 or 5 adfly links just to download them, and when getting them the legs and parts of the bodies are cut off. The portraits were not advertised that way, and ironKnight got his clicks for profit. The sad thing is, he clearly has some solid modding capabilities, but it's ruined by greed and deception.

None of that is cool with me. I want those changes done ASAP.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby laroche23 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:08 am

Man I 've said numerous times ..that it will all get fixed and i've apologized on his behalf ..I 've reached out to him already he has promised to do everything as promised ..what else do u expect me to do ?
laroche23

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:24 am

Cool, thanks.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Leanback on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:14 am

i would like to give my 2 cents on this issue, not that i am bias, but i´ve been folowwing Laroche23 work since the xbox360 ..and one thing i´ve noticed he´s a man of integrity , and the way dee4three portrays him is also completely misleading, as if he stole all ur work , without ur consetment, i guess he did asked u b4 he started his roster.

on the first page, its clearly indicated that he used ur roster as a base, what else do u want ? everyone with an open mind, understands that a roster includes a lot of other things involved... had he not done it, u would have a point ..definetely..maybe the way he did it was not to ur liking ? then u should have said that from the beginning..but obviously u did not ....

its not that u ´re not right, let´s be clear here, its just the way u ´re portraying him is really unfair to him and Ironknight considering the amount of work they have done...its simply tremendous............... the assumption that he used all ur portraist withtout u verifying is also wrong, i ve downloaded the roster and the files my self ..it contains
over 200 portraits ( he used 21 of urs, that represent under 1 % ..i consider it a few )
he used 39 players from ur roster (with ur permission ) and they created over 200 CAPS , 200 !!!!! thats simply a lot , considering u hsve a lot of look a like on ur roster (not blaming at all , even tough some of them were simply wrong , at the top of my head u had Gary grant look a like , who is a black , as a half white / black Cf... that is simply wrong, and u used same CFS for different players etc...........example chris Morris and Voshon lenard ..just to name of few..)

i also consider it a few....

they created jerseys, some courts , nba on nbc theme etc,, custom presentation ,soundtracks etcc.......

i´ve never seen such a complete roster beside the URB, u guys act like u re the only ones who can modd ...

the other thing i agree whit u is that Ironknight should have detailled the credits on his site, thats is just wrong on his part..maybe they forgot..... i dont think they wanted to take
credit ..if Laroche23 says he did not knew. i believe him......

also the assumption , that if they removed ur stuffs, his roster would be bone naked. its just wrong , Ironknight clearly has modding skills, but they did not botther to create something that was there already ,like ur courts and PeacemanNOT jerseys....and i assume they got permission for that ...

I JUST THNIK THE WAY YOU PORTRAY THEM IS REALLY UNFAIR , the work they have done is amaztng to say the least, i a enjoying evry bit of bit , u guys did an amazing job (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) :applaud: :applaud: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown2: :bowdown2:
Leanback

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:27 am

Leanback wrote:i would like to give my 2 cents on this issue, not that i am bias, but i´ve been folowwing Laroche23 work since the xbox360 ..and one thing i´ve noticed he´s a man of integrity , and the way dee4three portrays him is also completely misleading, as if he stole all ur work , without ur consetment, i guess he did asked u b4 he started his roster.

on the first page, its clearly indicated that he used ur roster as a base, what else do u want ? everyone with an open mind, understands that a roster includes a lot of other things involved... had he not done it, u would have a point ..definetely..maybe the way he did it was not to ur liking ? then u should have said that from the beginning..but obviously u did not ....

its not that u ´re not right, let´s be clear here, its just the way u ´re portraying him is really unfair to him and Ironknight considering the amount of work they have done...its simply tremendous............... the assumption that he used all ur portraist withtout u verifying is also wrong, i ve downloaded the roster and the files my self ..it contains
over 200 portraits ( he used 21 of urs, that represent under 1 % ..i consider it a few )
he used 39 players from ur roster (with ur permission ) and they created over 200 CAPS , 200 !!!!! thats simply a lot , considering u hsve a lot of look a like on ur roster (not blaming at all , even tough some of them were simply wrong , at the top of my head u had Gary grant look a like , who is a black , as a half white / black Cf... that is simply wrong, and u used same CFS for different players etc...........example chris Morris and Voshon lenard ..just to name of few..)

i also consider it a few....

they created jerseys, some courts , nba on nbc theme etc,, custom presentation ,soundtracks etcc.......

i´ve never seen such a complete roster beside the URB, u guys act like u re the only ones who can modd ...

the other thing i agree whit u is that Ironknight should have detailled the credits on his site, thats is just wrong on his part..maybe they forgot..... i dont think they wanted to take
credit ..if Laroche23 says he did not knew. i believe him......

also the assumption , that if they removed ur stuffs, his roster would be bone naked. its just wrong , Ironknight clearly has modding skills, but they did not botther to create something that was there already ,like ur courts and PeacemanNOT jerseys....and i assume they got permission for that ...

I JUST THNIK THE WAY YOU PORTRAY THEM IS REALLY UNFAIR , the work they have done is amaztng to say the least, i a enjoying evry bit of bit , u guys did an amazing job (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) :applaud: :applaud: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown2: :bowdown2:

Gary Grant was a black man, you didn't have the roster downloaded correctly (Files not placed properly in the modded folder). He has never been a white guy in the roster. Chris Morris and Voshon Leonard are also not the same guy, both are completely different faces, you again did not have the files installed properly. No faces are the same in the roster on any team, just like none of them are copy and paste ratings. No CAPS are in my roster because I wanted to use all faces that were in the game, I don't like the look of the CAPS (They don't look like real people to me, at all). A lot of my faces are minor edits by me of the face, and combo faces that make the player look similar to his real life counterpart. Don't come at me insulting MY WORK while trying to back them up. I didn't insult the work they did once, all I did was call out an obvious misrepresentation in the credits, and a site that not only doesn't give credits for all the work they used, but also bribes people for money.

Your percentages are wrong, 21 portraits, with them creating 200, is over 10%. Not 1%.

My roster had 18 new teams, plus all the classic teams filled. Without using any CAPS, I think I did a pretty damn good job. It took me thousands of hours, as even the bench players had close attention paid to them in regards to attributes, signatures, etc. Good on them for creating CAPS and being comfortable with that, It's just not the route I went.

Also, I DID give them permission. laroche will even tell you that him and I talked through PM, and I went on CE and updated all the city names for him and made all the teams current. I absolutely love that someone did a 95-96 roster, its freaking awesome. He will tell you that I supported him the whole way.

I said they had modding skills, IronKnight has lots of modding skills. Did you read my post? I didn't insult the quality of work AT ALL, not ONCE. I did however call out what needed to be called out, and rightly so. I would do it again the same way. I only made a comment about the Thunder Portraits (with no legs), because the portraits were misrepresented, and they were behind 4 or 5 adfly links, which showed a pattern of behavior by him.

Laroche23 admitted what they did wasn't right, and even stated IronKnight agreed and would update that site. So are you out of line, and coming at me makes no sense. I stand by what I said 100%, if my base was removed, and PeacemanNOTs jersey/jacket work, and the MANY courts they used that I converted, and those portraits that they would need to remake and the players they did use, the roster would look a hell of a lot different. That's why it's important to give credits to the people who helped with the work on a roster, and also why it's important to represent that work with the correct attitude, not placing multiple adfly links on the work, and bribing by saying "If I get 500 downloads I will lessen the amount of adfly links".

I stand by everything I said before, and props to Laroche23 and IronKnight for stating they would fix the problem. Me and them are straight, no issues.

FYI - Voshon Leonard is at 4:21 of this video. Chris Morris has a completely different CF.

phpBB [video]

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby laroche23 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:42 am

lets pump the breaks guys..no need to argue...our roster would not have been possible without Dee4three.

We thank him for his contribution and respect and appreciate his work !!!!!!!!!! keep up the good work :)

@leanback , we appreciate ur comment, but still its not necessary criticizing someone else ´s work , to create a roster takes a lot of commitment and time .

@dee4three , thanks brother for everything, i repeat for everything...............................Ironknight is out of town , but as promised we will rectify asap
laroche23

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding