Cheat Engine Tutorial Request

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Cheat Engine Tutorial Request

Postby doodypootoo on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:36 pm

Hey guys, I'm just getting into modding and I don't have 18, so I was wondering if there would be anyway somebody could help with some Cheat Engine stuff in 17. I know the absolute bare minimum basics of cheat engine, but no real grasp of how to use it in 2k. Mainly I just want a way to change the value for Euro-league teams so that they become NBA teams and follow NBA rules. But if anyone has any tutorials it would be appreciated.

I've read this thread [http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=236&t=104080] as well as this thread [http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102523]. And I think I simply don't understand enough about Cheat Engine to understand how to get to the screens where they've found those values.

Thanks all!
doodypootoo

Re: Cheat Engine Tutorial Request

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:09 am

Hey,

I sent this to Laroche, it's the cheat table that Carolus sent me (Credits to him). You can change the team type using this table, Carolus instructions are also below.

Anyway, team type for classic teams is 4, current teams is like 1 or something (You can check one of them using the cheat table). Using this tool, you should be able to change the team type for the euro teams to NBA teams, and that will give them the NBA ref and NBA rules I believe. Also, you can just use the nba ball you want and rename it to euroball.iff and place in your modded folder, and they will play with an NBA ball. You can assign the right audio ID's, etc with this tool. It's pretty easy to use.

Getting the teams to 13 guys hasn't been figured out yet. So, don't try to bring your teams into MyLeague unless you are okay with the euro teams you are using having random NBA players automatically assigned to them at the start of MyLeague to get them to 13. Also I am curious, what are you looking at doing? What teams are you looking at adding?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ua02kfyansuswbb/v2_arenas_and%29_teams_NBA2K17.CT

Instructions

CarolusXCI wrote:
I attached the table to this message.

You basically have to:
- Open your game
- Open the table
- Open the NBA2k17.exe process within the cheat engine

Then,

- Go to edit roster and select the roster you want to edit (I'm sure you already know this, but please backup your roster files)
- Tick either "arenas" or "teams" box. A list you appear
- Tick any item you want to edit and there you go
- After editing, save your changes
- Make sure you untick all boxes after this process. Otherwise the game may crash. Unchecking either arenas or teams box should be enough

Please test it and let me know if it's working there.

In order to change Audio ID, I think you have to input something like 255 on both audio ID's of a team. In this case, instead of saying "Alba Berlin", they will say "home team", for instance.
However, that's not enough to remove comments like "crowd is roaring at the United Center as the Bulls square off against blablabla" or whatever similar to this.
So you have to change in the Arenas table which team owns the arena (there are 2 parameters for that).. if you go to the United Center line and change those parameters from 3 (Bulls ID) to 255, EJ, Kevin Harlan and anyone else will stop associating the United center to the Bulls, even though the Bulls will still play there.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby doodypootoo on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:21 am

Hey thanks for getting back to me Dee. Sorry to have been bothering you about this for the last couple weeks.

Mainly I just want to move all the Historic Teams over into the Euroteam slots and just essentially replace the Euro Teams. I was also planning on using a 2017-2018 roster as the main NBA teams, and some of the teams you have created to have just a really fun quick play roster. I wasn't planning on sharing it necessarily since a lot of it wouldn't be my own work.

I did want to add some of my favorite teams '09 Magic, '09 Trailblazers (love me some BRoy), probably the '15 Clippers per the request of my friends, and then I think there are still like 4 spots after that so I don't really have much teams planned out. Possibly the '67 76ers with Wilt. I have a couple other in mind, '08 Hornets, '01 Bucks and '01 Hornets. '05 Wizards and '06 Clippers as well could possibly be there.

I guess if I have enough teams I think of I would simply just do a whole roster with classic teams haha.
doodypootoo

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:35 am

doodypootoo wrote:Hey thanks for getting back to me Dee. Sorry to have been bothering you about this for the last couple weeks.

Mainly I just want to move all the Historic Teams over into the Euroteam slots and just essentially replace the Euro Teams. I was also planning on using a 2017-2018 roster as the main NBA teams, and some of the teams you have created to have just a really fun quick play roster. I wasn't planning on sharing it necessarily since a lot of it wouldn't be my own work.

I did want to add some of my favorite teams '09 Magic, '09 Trailblazers (love me some BRoy), probably the '15 Clippers per the request of my friends, and then I think there are still like 4 spots after that so I don't really have much teams planned out. Possibly the '67 76ers with Wilt. I have a couple other in mind, '08 Hornets, '01 Bucks and '01 Hornets. '05 Wizards and '06 Clippers as well could possibly be there.

I guess if I have enough teams I think of I would simply just do a whole roster with classic teams haha.

You havn't been bothering me, I just sometimes cant respond right away.

And I would have added most of the teams you mentioned, but I can't overwrite current teams unless I can make the accessories match (Which I may still do for the 94-95 Rockets, I may move them into the current Clippers spot, the accessory colors match the Rockets). I didn't do the Euro team overwrite because I wouldn't be able to release a roster that accurately used all the teams in play now and myleague. My roster was a lot different than Hans in that way, not only did I represent many older teams to mix with the new teams, but all the teams I put in could be thrown into myleague because all of them had atleast 13 guys, and the game wouldn't force them to pick up players.

If I could overwrite the euro teams, I would have moved my teams to those slots a long time ago, but these are the issues.

1. You can't edit accessory colors. So, if the team doesn't have the accessory colors that match the team you are putting in, you are out of luck.
2. MANY of the euro teams don't have 13 guys, meaning If you started MyLeague with them, the game would force random NBA players on the teams, and that would ruin the accuracy.

I would have loved to just use the euro slots and keep the current teams intact, while my roster was popular in its own right and created a lot of conversation, I think it would have been even bigger if I could have kept the current teams intact.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby doodypootoo on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:50 pm

Dee4Three wrote:
doodypootoo wrote:Hey thanks for getting back to me Dee. Sorry to have been bothering you about this for the last couple weeks.

You havn't been bothering me, I just sometimes cant respond right away.

And I would have added most of the teams you mentioned, but I can't overwrite current teams unless I can make the accessories match (Which I may still do for the 94-95 Rockets, I may move them into the current Clippers spot, the accessory colors match the Rockets). I didn't do the Euro team overwrite because I wouldn't be able to release a roster that accurately used all the teams in play now and myleague. My roster was a lot different than Hans in that way, not only did I represent many older teams to mix with the new teams, but all the teams I put in could be thrown into myleague because all of them had atleast 13 guys, and the game wouldn't force them to pick up players.

If I could overwrite the euro teams, I would have moved my teams to those slots a long time ago, but these are the issues.

1. You can't edit accessory colors. So, if the team doesn't have the accessory colors that match the team you are putting in, you are out of luck.
2. MANY of the euro teams don't have 13 guys, meaning If you started MyLeague with them, the game would force random NBA players on the teams, and that would ruin the accuracy.

I would have loved to just use the euro slots and keep the current teams intact, while my roster was popular in its own right and created a lot of conversation, I think it would have been even bigger if I could have kept the current teams intact.

Intersting, I assumed when you change the jerseys it would reflect the accessory colors, but I guess not. That definitely makes it a little more difficult to organize haha.

Also I swear one roster I looked at had at least 13, but I could be wrong. Anyways thanks for your help and I will definitely know how it goes. Hopefully everything will go fairly smoothly.

I know in the initial thread from last year discussing changing colors and what not with Cheat Engine, that aspect of CE got patched, but with the tables you were provided is it possible to just edit not individual accessory colors, but in fact the team colors as if in MyLeague?
doodypootoo

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:06 am

A few of the Euro Teams do have 13 guys, but most do not. So you would be stuck.

And that wouldn't work (accessory colors). What do you mean by team colors? Because yes that does work, as I was able to give the 05-06 Nets the appropriate colors (Replaced the black BKN ones).

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby doodypootoo on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:33 pm

I assumed that it would not work. By team colors I meant the three primary colors that you can edit in MyLeague for example. I don't know if that would work but just an idea.
doodypootoo

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:24 am

Yeah, I've experimented quite a bit with it.

However, I still plan on possibly adding more teams that have the right accessory colors, like Jordans Wizards and the 00-01 Bucks.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby doodypootoo on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:39 pm

'01 Bucks definitely have my vote. Would be super fun to have a playoff battle with them and the 76es
doodypootoo

Postby Stildo33 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:45 am

I would vote '01 Bucks too! Prime Big Dog and Ray! Sam too.
Last edited by Stildo33 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stildo33

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:56 am

Well, let me see what I can do.

I'm not against adding more teams. My Ultimate goals was to replace every current team with a classic team, I'm about halfway there.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby doodypootoo on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:23 pm

Dee4Three wrote:Well, let me see what I can do.

I'm not against adding more teams. My Ultimate goals was to replace every current team with a classic team, I'm about halfway there.

I'm sure you have something like this already Dee, but this is a spreadsheet I worked on that never came to fruition. Many of these teams you've already made but it might be worth something I guess.

It's a possible classic team replacement for every current team.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
doodypootoo

Postby Stildo33 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:03 am

Hey this is an awesome cheat table man!
Stildo33

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding