17-18 ROSTER RELEASED - 04 AUG | NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions | FIRST VERSION UPDATED JULY 10

Postby keeks on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:18 pm

I am loving this gameplay heres a quick clip of Steph Curry and the Warriors absolutely lighting me up

phpBB [video]
keeks

Re: NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions | FIRST VERSION UPDATED JULY 10

Postby Philmatic on Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:18 pm

keeks wrote:I am loving this gameplay heres a quick clip of Steph Curry and the Warriors absolutely lighting me up

phpBB [video]

That is amazing, the constant ball movement is so real life
Philmatic

Postby Kevin on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:50 pm

Hey! I'm fairly/kinda new to 2k17 and its modding scene so I was wondering when the ETA of the 17/18 roster is? Also, do I need to install the explorer tool thing to make the cyberfaces work or do I just need to create a Modded folder?
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:17 pm

Kevin wrote:Hey! I'm fairly/kinda new to 2k17 and its modding scene so I was wondering when the ETA of the 17/18 roster is? Also, do I need to install the explorer tool thing to make the cyberfaces work or do I just need to create a Modded folder?

Hi man, nice to see you here. The ETA of the 17/18 Roster is 9 to 13 days from today. Just an estimation assuming everything works smmothly and we do not have any major setback.
If you want your mods to work, you have to download this: http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=8772
Place all the files inside the arhive in your main NBA 2K17 folder. Once you did that, take all the mods you want to install (separate files) and place them inside the "Modded" folder that you've just copied. You are good to go after that.
I Hate Mondays

Postby zetsuboushta on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:06 pm

I Hate Mondays wrote:
zetsuboushta wrote:Maybe it's me, but this sliders are easy. I finished about 160-120 Rockets vs Spurs with total domination. Dunno, maybe i'm doing smth wrong.

If you got to 160, you are doing something wrong. Even if they are notorious for their 7 second offense, Rockets do run plays 40% of the time. My guess is that you played it too arcade. The sliders are not super difficult, but they shouldn't allow you to have scores like that.

It's something weird with Spurs' defence. And tempo with full quarters is too fast. Probably i'll reduce quarters' time. Here are screenshots(rosters are changed a bit, it's myleague), i shoot a lot of threes(D'Antoni sought to 50 threes in game)
But gameplay is awesome, really.
zetsuboushta

Postby Kumode on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:16 pm

From what I personally saw, 57 is a bit too fast for me. I'd rather put it to 53 - 55, maybe put quarters to 11 also, but I'm not really sure.
Kumode

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:24 am

I'm just copy-pasting the settings from the OS, guys. That was the best option Crewe thought it'll be for his roster. For any slider talk, check his thread on OS. Let him know what you think. He is very open minded. We've used his stuff to develop our Roster but I am in no position to edit anything in that category. I find them realistic as hell and it's the best sliders I've ever touched. I have no intention in changing anything else.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Craigular Joe on Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:32 am

I've had a chance to play three or four games as the Wizards. I play 6 minute quarters and simulate up to 12 afterwards. Though my scoring has been higher than expected, I really enjoy the changes made to players. I think adjusting the sliders down a few notches to account for my own play-style and skill would help me achieve closer/lower scoring games. All in all, I'm very excited for the 17-18 roster.

One comment: Bojan should be SF/SG not SF/PF (or even just SF). The way it is set up currently, Oubre will slot in at 3 and Bojan at the 4, which shouldn't be happening in real life. Oubre's the stretch four.
Craigular Joe

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:49 am

Craigular Joe wrote:I've had a chance to play three or four games as the Wizards. I play 6 minute quarters and simulate up to 12 afterwards. Though my scoring has been higher than expected, I really enjoy the changes made to players. I think adjusting the sliders down a few notches to account for my own play-style and skill would help me achieve closer/lower scoring games. All in all, I'm very excited for the 17-18 roster.

One comment: Bojan should be SF/SG not SF/PF (or even just SF). The way it is set up currently, Oubre will slot in at 3 and Bojan at the 4, which shouldn't be happening in real life. Oubre's the stretch four.

Thanks man. If it helps you, the mid-range shooting and the 3PT shooting where 39 for both User and CPU. But I got strange results, both teams shooting under 30 from those areas during gameplay. So I went back with a former version of Crewe's which had the 41 values there. Feel free to make that change yourself and set the mid-range and 3PT ratings to 39, and see if the result is better for you.

You sound like a Wizards fan, you probably know more stuff about your team than us. We just used some playing charts, after being traded to the Wizards, BB played the 4 from time to time. But yeah, definetely you are right. Oubre should never play the 3 next to BB who is playing the 4. Please play more games and tell me if it's happening frequently or if it was just that game. We'll have to do something if the problem is there constantly. Thank you (Y)
I Hate Mondays

Postby Craigular Joe on Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:56 am

I'm a bit of a Wizards fan, but certainly not hardcore enough to offer any more analysis beyond that. I did appreciate how much more kief would stray to the three point line than what I saw in the official roster version. Beal also felt a bit more dynamic than he did in the official version, which I think is appropriate.
Craigular Joe

Postby Kumode on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:11 am

http://i.imgur.com/iESeMfN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iaXBSsP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YsOOm0i.jpg

Just went ahead and played a quick Play now. It was fun. Probably should've attempted more 3s but once they stopped falling for Bradley, I mostly put Isaiah on the ball and tried to cut inside with his quickness or pop a midrange shot when defender fell behind on a screen play.

Definitely FT numbers are not very realistic, but I had a lot of fun during this game and it did feel like an authentic experience.
Kumode

Postby CasE on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:14 am

Gameplay of me playing against Rockets. (1Q) I lowered speed to 50, 57 was too fast for me I dont like unrealistic fast shot clock. Raised CPU on ball D and def awareness because it was too easy to just outsprint CPU for easy fast break dunk.

Some observations so far:
- CPU Rockets forcing too much in transition after me missing on offence
- Time of possession 5 minutes less after first half, with fast break points 16-12 in my favour (1st half)
- some unrealistic blocks
- too many CPU backdoor passes which cannot be guarded
1Q
phpBB [video]

2Q
phpBB [video]

This is more sliders related offcourse, Roster is great.
Last edited by CasE on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
CasE

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:27 am

Thanks for the feedback man. we all appreciate it. I hope you enjoyed the overall experience (Y)
I Hate Mondays

Postby Wzvd on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:42 am

Had time to play another game. Going to post some more observations this time instead of just box scores.

+ I noticed some realistic traits of players' games such as Jamal Crawford not attempting to contest my shots and CP3 dribbling the shot clock down to 5 before draining a floater on me. Also Noah Vonleh in foul trouble.
+ Lillard was noticeably more fatigued while guarding CP3, missing more open shots than he did when Felton was guarding him.
+ Enjoyed the pick & pop with Lillard/Meyers Leonard
+ Lillard made a lot of off-ball cuts to the rim for easy baskets.

- Played as the road team this time, didn't notice any difference though. Maybe you could make some slider tweaks to use as the road team to make things a little harder? Maybe a playoff set too so you have Home sliders, road sliders, and home playoff/road playoff sliders to enhance the experience a little more.
- Missed a lot of easy/uncontested layups, not sure if it is the sliders/attributes or just some wonky controls and animations. But there were also some blocks that I don't think should be possible.
- Clippers didn't feel as authentic as the Warriors. They only had one oop and it came in the final 2 minutes. CP3 didn't seem to be as much of a playmaker and Blake's touches seemed low as well.
- Might have been my style of play but I didn't get many fast break opportunities. I didn't drive as much either so that might have contributed to the low number of FTs, although the CPU numbers were low too.

A couple questions..

Does anyone have some tips when it comes to passing? I've always used icon passing for essentially every pass but I do have some problems making passes on time. But using the right stick to pass just causes more problems than it fixes for me.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned before as I haven't read every single post in here, but is the reason for Aminu having a lower 3pt rating than someone like Vonleh because of volume? For example, Vonleh doesn't take as many but is fairly efficient so he'll have a lower tendency and higher rating than Aminu.

I didn't look too in-depth but one player who I noticed was Jake Layman. I know he's always been pretty inconsistent as a shooter but his shooting ratings seem quite low.

===

With that said I did have another enjoyable game that came down to the wire again with Lillard missing a game winner at the buzzer.

I could definitely feel a difference between the Blazers and the Pistons who I used last game. Nurkic being somewhat under the radar made me realize just how dominant Drummond was on the glass. Could tell a difference in the playbooks too which I enjoy.

When I do start a MyLeague Portland is definitely going to be in consideration for the team I pick.

Wzvd

Postby holanda12 on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:50 am

I've simulated Season 2 times in different files:

My Season 1 :
MVP Season : James Harden
MVP Finals : James Harden
http://prntscr.com/fuhkio
http://prntscr.com/fuhkqd

My Season 2 :
MVP Finals : DeMar DeRozan
https://prnt.sc/fuhnzf
http://prntscr.com/fuhoqc
holanda12

Postby CasE on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:57 am

It seems like the game takes Team overall too seriously. Cavaliers/Celtics missing/barely making playoffs just cannot happen on the weak east.
CasE

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:58 am

holanda12 wrote:I've simulated Season 2 times in different files:

My Season 1 :
MVP Finals : James Harden
http://prntscr.com/fuhkio
http://prntscr.com/fuhkqd

My Season 2 :
MVP Finals : DeMar DeRozan
https://prnt.sc/fuhnzf
http://prntscr.com/fuhoqc

Idk if you're expecting a perfect Golden State Warriors over the Cleveland Cavaliers victory in five games for the finals every year but that's just not something that can be replicated. It's a simulation for a reason.

CasE wrote:It seems like the game takes Team overall too seriously. Cavaliers/Celtics missing/barely making playoffs just cannot happen on the weak east.

That's a flaw within 2k. If you just want a perfect simulation to get you exactly 2017 season results this is not that project. This project is to capture a gameplay experience that replicates the NBA at either a User v. CPU or CPU v. CPU level
bluejaybrandon

Postby holanda12 on Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:07 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:Idk if you're expecting a perfect Golden State Warriors over the Cleveland Cavaliers victory in five games for the finals every year but that's just not something that can be replicated. It's a simulation for a reason.

Of course, but in which East the Cavs would not go the offs with Lebron, Irving and Love playing all 82 games of the season?

Or the Warriors players with this campaign: https://prnt.sc/fuhwkp
holanda12

Postby Shuajota on Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:17 am

Where is my name and Modified2k in credits section? I made with him that Sabonis cyberface posted in the first page.
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:22 am

Shuajota wrote:Where is my name and Modified2k in credits section? I made with him that Sabonis cyberface posted in the first page.

No I got it from some sketchy website. But I skipped the ad.fly link so the guy didn't get any unecessary profit ;)
bluejaybrandon

Postby Kevmire on Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:42 am

holanda12 wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:Idk if you're expecting a perfect Golden State Warriors over the Cleveland Cavaliers victory in five games for the finals every year but that's just not something that can be replicated. It's a simulation for a reason.

Of course, but in which East the Cavs would not go the offs with Lebron, Irving and Love playing all 82 games of the season?

Or the Warriors players with this campaign: https://prnt.sc/fuhwkp

Maybe stupid question, but are you simulating using 12 minute quarters? Everyone looks low in that pic. And on the other end of the spectrum guys are posting 160 point games lol
Kevmire

Postby Cinnameyn10 on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:02 am

People seem to get 160 Point games when they play, but if you run through a season just simming everyones PPG will drop by like 5 compared to their last season
Cinnameyn10

Postby zetsuboushta on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:26 am

Oh, about simming also. I got James Harden and Westbrook as MVP's in a couple of seasons. But both of them had less than 8 assists(4.6 for current Harden is a little strange). Just a notice, nothing important.

Gameplay is awesome, really, with 10-minutes quarters and with higher CPU stats in O and D i got realistic results with fast-paced Rockets offense(not so realistic as their current though but i can't play in other way with them). I have got crazy Portland, Spurs with their web of plays, iso-Cavs and so on. It's realistic in terms of badges(many of mods often forget about them), tendencies. Your compilation of cyberfaces is awesome such as portraits(but it would be great to see more). And sliders, they are wonderful, i've almost forgot how to play real NBA basketball.
Probably i'll go and find some balance stats, but as the basis these sliders are really awesome. Thanks for all who participated in this project, it's really the next step in comparison with vanilla 2K17. I'll be waiting for 17-18 part.
P.S: it's very pleasant to know that you used my portrait for Harden.
P.P.S: sorry for my English, but i thank you from all Russian community who will use that mod.
zetsuboushta

Postby zetsuboushta on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:27 am

Cinnameyn10 wrote:People seem to get 160 Point games when they play, but if you run through a season just simming everyones PPG will drop by like 5 compared to their last season

I personally think that's because of rotation method, but i don't know exactly. But it's not for simming, so it's just all right.
zetsuboushta

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:48 am

Thanks for all the support, boxscores, videos and feedback guys! We love it.
I Hate Mondays

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding