17-18 ROSTER RELEASED - 04 AUG | NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions | PREVIEW

Postby cleverley1986 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:33 pm

Philmatic wrote:
AllenIVersonXXKawhiLeonard wrote:The 16 17 roster is the one we can use for Start today MyLeague right?

That's the 17/18 you want to use for Start today (if you want to play with Butler on T-Wolves for example). 16-17 is just updated and rejigged everything and you start it from the beginning of the 16-17 season (Durant has just joined GSW)

Assuming I want to redo mycareer and I use the Limono tool, which roster do I want? the 17/18 presumably?
cleverley1986

Postby Philmatic on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:55 am

cleverley1986 wrote:
Philmatic wrote:
AllenIVersonXXKawhiLeonard wrote:The 16 17 roster is the one we can use for Start today MyLeague right?

That's the 17/18 you want to use for Start today (if you want to play with Butler on T-Wolves for example). 16-17 is just updated and rejigged everything and you start it from the beginning of the 16-17 season (Durant has just joined GSW)

Assuming I want to redo mycareer and I use the Limono tool, which roster do I want? the 17/18 presumably?

Because MyCareer starts up 2016/17 its probably best to use 16/17 unless you don't mind having 17/18 rosters in the 16/17 MyCareer years (so there's always a mismatch)
Philmatic

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:45 am

16/17 will actually be a general roster to reflect the whole season of a team. There were many things taken into consideration when building the rotations and the actual roster of a team. First of all, we went with all the transactions made during the all-star period. Cousins will be on the Pelicans for example. Also, the ratings and stats of a player reflect their whole season, just before the playoffs. So the 16/17 roster is more of an "April-just-before-the-Playoffs" than an "October-before-the-start-of-the-season". The only difference between what happened in real life in April and our roster is that we made a general rotation pattern for all the players that put their foot on the court more than 10 minutes/game, even though they were injured.
We used real NBA stats related to minutes/game. Lebron will get as many minutes as possible, Joel Embiid will be a starter, but his initial minutes will be limited to 20 (he might get to 25-28 if he is killing it during the game).
So for example, Zach Lavine will get solid minutes in our rotations because his injury happened all of a sudden even though his minutes were in the high 30 before the accident. The same stuff can be said about Jabari Parker or Rudy Gay.
Guys like Ben Simmons and Chris Bosh WON'T be part of our rotation (despite the fact that they don't actually have any injury in our 16/17 roster) because they didn't play a single minute for their teams this season.
Guys like Plumlee of the NYK or Beasley of the Denver Nuggets WON'T be getting any minutes, even though they had playing time in the stats we used for the rotations. That's because other guys played more and we tried to keep the rotation between 8 and 12 players the most.

So the answer a few question here and there, for MyCareer I would recommend you guys use the 16/17 roster. It won't be accurate as of 31st October - 2016, but the overall feel will make you forget about that.
I Hate Mondays

Postby AllenIVersonXXKawhiLeonard on Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:49 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:16/17 will actually be a general roster to reflect the whole season of a team. There were many things taken into consideration when building the rotations and the actual roster of a team. First of all, we went with all the transactions made during the all-star period. Cousins will be on the Pelicans for example. Also, the ratings and stats of a player reflect their whole season, just before the playoffs. So the 16/17 roster is more of an "April-just-before-the-Playoffs" than an "October-before-the-start-of-the-season". The only difference between what happened in real life in April and our roster is that we made a general rotation pattern for all the players that put their foot on the court more than 10 minutes/game, even though they were injured.
We used real NBA stats related to minutes/game. Lebron will get as many minutes as possible, Joel Embiid will be a starter, but his initial minutes will be limited to 20 (he might get to 25-28 if he is killing it during the game).
So for example, Zach Lavine will get solid minutes in our rotations because his injury happened all of a sudden even though his minutes were in the high 30 before the accident. The same stuff can be said about Jabari Parker or Rudy Gay.
Guys like Ben Simmons and Chris Bosh WON'T be part of our rotation (despite the fact that they don't actually have any injury in our 16/17 roster) because they didn't play a single minute for their teams this season.
Guys like Plumlee of the NYK or Beasley of the Denver Nuggets WON'T be getting any minutes, even though they had playing time in the stats we used for the rotations. That's because other guys played more and we tried to keep the rotation between 8 and 12 players the most.

So the answer a few question here and there, for MyCareer I would recommend you guys use the 16/17 roster. It won't be accurate as of 31st October - 2016, but the overall feel will make you forget about that.

So I can use the 16 17 roster in myLeague which is on the 27th of june and do the draft and free agency as I like? if it is the case then it is fucking amazing. thanks
AllenIVersonXXKawhiLeonard

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:09 am

AllenIVersonXXKawhiLeonard wrote:

So I can use the 16 17 roster in myLeague which is on the 27th of june and do the draft and free agency as I like? if it is the case then it is fucking amazing. thanks

Yup. You can then import Brandon's draft class, it is compatible with our roster. But remember, in case you didn't know, Start Today is exactly MyLeague. You can edit the same features, you can add expansion teams, you can do anything you would normally do with ML. The only difference in Start Today is that the game sims the entire season for you, giving you real life NBA stats and results. Using the 16/17 roster in june 2016 does have its faults. For example, we consider KAT to be a 87 rated right now. If you redo the whole 16/17 season, he will grow even more. He might get to 90 in a blink of a second. That's why we strongly recommend the Start Today mode. We haven't tested the bad results of using our roster at the start of the 16/17 season, I am just assuming these are the negative effects. I might be wrong though so you'll have to try it yourself.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Kumode on Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:38 am

Ok, this is a bit different as I expected. I thought by 16/17 you mean the actual starting night rosters. But it's fine, I can use Start Today feature I guess. How about contracts, how do they work in Start Today? The expirees will expire and Gordon will be a FA?
Kumode

Postby AllenIVersonXXKawhiLeonard on Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:49 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:
AllenIVersonXXKawhiLeonard wrote:

Yup. You can then import Brandon's draft class, it is compatible with our roster. But remember, in case you didn't know, Start Today is exactly MyLeague. You can edit the same features, you can add expansion teams, you can do anything you would normally do with ML. The only difference in Start Today is that the game sims the entire season for you, giving you real life NBA stats and results. Using the 16/17 roster in june 2016 does have its faults. For example, we consider KAT to be a 87 rated right now. If you redo the whole 16/17 season, he will grow even more. He might get to 90 in a blink of a second. That's why we strongly recommend the Start Today mode. We haven't tested the bad results of using our roster at the start of the 16/17 season, I am just assuming these are the negative effects. I might be wrong though so you'll have to try it yourself.

Yeah, i want to play the start today for last season's stats and do my own FA and play every game of 17 18.
AllenIVersonXXKawhiLeonard

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:17 am

If you want your franchise to start at the end of this year's Playoffs, no FA transactions made (DLo still on Lakers, Hayward still a FA) + No rookies + no draft order determined ( the draft order will be redone too), you will have to use the 16/17.
If you want your franchise to include the new signings, new transactions, new rookies, you will have to use the 17/18 + a workaround to cheat the CPU and make it act like the draft never happened. More on that later on when the time comes
I Hate Mondays

Postby bremi19 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:51 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:If you want your franchise to start at the end of this year's Playoffs, no FA transactions made (DLo still on Lakers, Hayward still a FA) + No rookies + no draft order determined ( the draft order will be redone too), you will have to use the 16/17.
If you want your franchise to include the new signings, new transactions, new rookies, you will have to use the 17/18 + a workaround to cheat the CPU and make it act like the draft never happened. More on that later on when the time comes

Great news!
Cant wait!
bremi19

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:24 am

The release is hours away. Stay tuned!
I Hate Mondays

Postby Kumode on Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:39 am

Can't wait!
Kumode

Postby cleverley1986 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:17 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:16/17 will actually be a general roster to reflect the whole season of a team. There were many things taken into consideration when building the rotations and the actual roster of a team. First of all, we went with all the transactions made during the all-star period. Cousins will be on the Pelicans for example. Also, the ratings and stats of a player reflect their whole season, just before the playoffs. So the 16/17 roster is more of an "April-just-before-the-Playoffs" than an "October-before-the-start-of-the-season". The only difference between what happened in real life in April and our roster is that we made a general rotation pattern for all the players that put their foot on the court more than 10 minutes/game, even though they were injured.

Thanks for the answer. It sort of dawned on me that I could just play on both to see which I like the most? I suppose I should have asked if both were compatible with MC. Thanks for your hard work!
cleverley1986

Postby cleverley1986 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:17 am

Thanks for the answer. It sort of dawned on me that I could just play on both to see which I like the most? I suppose I should have asked if both were compatible with MC. Thanks for your hard work!
cleverley1986

Re: NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions | FIRST VERSION RELEASED

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:15 am

First version released!
Let the constructive criticism and feedback come to us. (Y) Enjoy! Remember to use all the files we've mentioned in the first post to get the full experience.
I Hate Mondays

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:20 am

bluejaybrandon

Postby JEDL on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:24 am

All draft of my classes from Years 1 to 5 are now compatible with the NLSC Community Roster!

JEDL's Draft Classes
posting.php?mode=edit&f=225&p=1893137

Basically tendencies and shooting attributes have been reworked to ensure it plays well with our latest roster. Enjoy!
JEDL
LuDirk Doncitzki

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:08 am

Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby khong96 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:49 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:First version released!
Let the constructive criticism and feedback come to us. (Y) Enjoy! Remember to use all the files we've mentioned in the first post to get the full experience.

Thanks for your effort in releasing this along with other contributors!

Although am abit confused....I wasn't able to find this file on the 2k servers?
khong96

Postby CheppyWire on Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:59 am

When is the next version coming out? Can wait for more!
CheppyWire

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:10 pm

khong96 wrote:Although am abit confused....I wasn't able to find this file on the 2k servers?

It's there ... I downloaded it about 20 minutes ago

Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods

TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:20 pm

TGsoGood wrote:
khong96 wrote:Although am abit confused....I wasn't able to find this file on the 2k servers?

It's there ... I downloaded it about 20 minutes ago

[ Image ]

Hey man, of you plan on showing something on your channel about the roster, I recommend playing against the Warriors. In my opinion there one of the easiest teams to really see the difference in gameplay. They move the ball well and Steph takes his signature 30 foot shots. Just my personal suggestion. Love the channel and keep up the great work.
bluejaybrandon

Postby marcodecuadro on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:45 pm

YEEEEEAH! Thank you so much for all the work! (Y) (Y) (Y)
marcodecuadro

Postby Craigular Joe on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:52 pm

Having trouble using the roster with Limono + Start Today process - is it possible for someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong? I loaded the game with the tool in the background; pressed F1 - heard the high click; downloaded NLCS and pressed F3 - high click again; and tried to Start Today but it said it wouldn't load. Thoughts?
Craigular Joe

Postby popstar_rengar on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:05 pm

I tried using the 2007-08 lakers and the jersey and cyberfaces are wrong. Kobe is some white dude and they are using a European team's jersey.
popstar_rengar

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:35 pm

popstar_rengar wrote:I tried using the 2007-08 lakers and the jersey and cyberfaces are wrong. Kobe is some white dude and they are using a European team's jersey.

You have to download D43's mod pack I believe. I could be wrong.

He guys maybe you could lower Galanari's intagibles or incr increase Demarcus Cousins Intinagibles. Both rated at 85, I'm sure you will hear some complaints about that.
I personally don't care as I will only be using this for play now until the 17/18 roster drops.

TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding