17-18 ROSTER RELEASED - 04 AUG | NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: 17-18 ROSTER RELEASED - 04 AUG | NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:32 am

Yes Brandon. Given the fact that right now you think you can steal someone else's hard worked hours and get over it because "nobody wants to see some drama", you probably don't understand what's happening here.
Let me make it simple for you so you can understand. "We own the numbers". If something is found inside your roster that was hours, we have the formula to prove why we got to that number. You don't. Right now you are trying to tell us that you are OK with stealing if you don't get caught or you don't get proven wrong. That's your character, I can't get involved with that. But just stay in your own lane and use your own work. Don't make yourself look ridiculous. Good luck with your beauty of a project on which you worked 100% by your own. Now leave this thread alone if you no longer are a part of our team and you quit.
Image
User avatar
I Hate Mondays
 
Posts: 2646
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Romania

Re: 17-18 ROSTER RELEASED - 04 AUG | NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:37 am

Thanks man, every number will be different from the numbers your project has. If you have a 30 rating, I'll be sure this roster has a 29 so people don't get confused that it's your numbers.

And just to be clear, you're deleting the mod pack correct? And at one point also said you're locking this thread? Just trying to clarify so I know how to proceed.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Re: 17-18 ROSTER RELEASED - 04 AUG | NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:42 am

Right Away.
Image
User avatar
I Hate Mondays
 
Posts: 2646
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Romania

Re: 17-18 ROSTER RELEASED - 04 AUG | NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions

Postby rovert22044 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:44 am

Isn't it against forum rules to take credit for someone else's work, especially without permission? If we refuse to let you use our roster as a base, Brandon, then you've got no choice but to rebuild the roster yourself from scratch. I'd rather you not use my work, especially after the way you've carried yourself here.
User avatar
rovert22044
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:06 pm

Re: 17-18 ROSTER RELEASED - 04 AUG | NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:52 am

rovert22044 wrote:Isn't it against forum rules to take credit for someone else's work, especially without permission? If we refuse to let you use our roster as a base, Brandon, then you've got no choice but to rebuild the roster yourself from scratch. I'd rather you not use my work, especially after the way you've carried yourself here.


I couldn't really find where it explicitly says how to go about when a community member refuses to allow permission, so maybe the mods can verify what occurs. As I've stated before, I'll create the roster from "scratch" with completely different ratings.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Re: 17-18 ROSTER RELEASED - 04 AUG | NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:58 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
rovert22044 wrote:Isn't it against forum rules to take credit for someone else's work, especially without permission? If we refuse to let you use our roster as a base, Brandon, then you've got no choice but to rebuild the roster yourself from scratch. I'd rather you not use my work, especially after the way you've carried yourself here.


I couldn't really find where it explicitly says how to go about when a community member refuses to allow permission, so maybe the mods can verify what occurs. As I've stated before, I'll create the roster from "scratch" with completely different ratings.


Right. Good luck with that. That would mean to give it like 90000% you gave for our project. From my "numbers", if you work 36 hours a day, you will get this done by the time 2K18 drops. But how can anyone work 36 hours a day? Meh, you got it man. Good luck with your solo career, Axl Rose.
Image
User avatar
I Hate Mondays
 
Posts: 2646
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Romania

Re: 17-18 ROSTER RELEASED - 04 AUG | NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:10 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
rovert22044 wrote:Isn't it against forum rules to take credit for someone else's work, especially without permission? If we refuse to let you use our roster as a base, Brandon, then you've got no choice but to rebuild the roster yourself from scratch. I'd rather you not use my work, especially after the way you've carried yourself here.


I couldn't really find where it explicitly says how to go about when a community member refuses to allow permission, so maybe the mods can verify what occurs. As I've stated before, I'll create the roster from "scratch" with completely different ratings.


Right. Good luck with that. That would mean to give it like 90000% you gave for our project. From my "numbers", if you work 36 hours a day, you will get this done by the time 2K18 drops. But how can anyone work 36 hours a day? Meh, you got it man. Good luck with your solo career, Axl Rose.


Thank you for the kind wishes. Please delete the mod packs that contain my portraits from this thread because they are in violation of taking someone's work without permission.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Re: 17-18 ROSTER RELEASED - 04 AUG | NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:11 am

Done!
Image
User avatar
I Hate Mondays
 
Posts: 2646
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Romania

Re: 17-18 ROSTER RELEASED - 04 AUG | NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions

Postby bigh0rt on Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:14 am

I'd just like to point everyone to our community Rules, since there seems to be some uncertainty here...

Rules wrote:Credit must always be given when using someone else's work in a patch or mod, unless a user has specifically stated that their work is open source and/or no credit is required. Ideally, you should also ask permission first, as someone members are not comfortable with their work being modified or used in other projects.

Having said that, we do encourage our modding community to adopt an open source approach as much as possible, in an effort to create better work and promote cooperation. To keep things friendly, it's a good idea to keep an open mind about other members using your work, and to always be willing to give credit when you use someone else's work. Please see the Permission & Modding Etiquette section below for more details.

As mentioned above, we do encourage everyone to adopt an open source approach when it comes to creating patches and mods. It makes for a friendlier and more productive community when we can all share resources and help each other create better updates for the game. However, some modders are uncomfortable with their work being modified or re-used in other projects, so a good rule of thumb is to ask permission first, just to make sure there are no issues.

If you do forget to ask permission, or the person who made the original work is no longer around or otherwise difficult to contact, it's a good idea to include the appropriate credits just in case. Please note that some members openly offer up their work as open source and do not require credit to be given. This is at the discretion of the individual.

Generally speaking, we also encourage everyone to resolve disputes and issues with credit cordially. If you remove the work or provide appropriate credit, usually that will (and should) be the end of the matter. If you refuse to show the appropriate etiquette and give credit where it's due, then further action may be taken.


bluejaysbrandon, based on what I've read above, I'd think your best course of action would be to use the Default roster as the starting point for whatever individual project you wish to undertake, given that it sounds like those who were working on this together do not sound very keen on you taking the work that was compiled here and simply using it for your own, or to continue on your own. I hope this can be the end of this matter, and that no further action is necessitated.

Thanks folks.
Image
Image
User avatar
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 8883
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:06 pm
Location: New York

Previous

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests