JEDL's Fictional Draft Class with C.F. (Years 1-4 Released!)

Release or preview patches for NBA 2K17.

JEDL's Fictional Draft Class with C.F. (Years 1-4 Released!)

Postby JEDL on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:55 pm

Hi guys, I've been really hooked with MyLeague this year and but was extremely disappointed with CPU logic (occasionally) on how they handle their teams and the generated rookies and most of the fictional draft classes available at 2K share. The glaring issues I've noticed there were:

• Players with random badges
  • Players on later picks (especially 2nd round projected players) were usually just 2K-generated players or it felt like they were. Its a shame though, I enjoyed turning 2nd round gems into borderline all-stars or serviceable starters back in the 2K14 fictional draft classes.
  • A lot of faces were hideous or not much effort was put into them.
  • Some odd ones had players with Hall of Fame badges which was ridiculous. I would be fine with occasional Gold badges but Hall of Fame? Seriously?
  • Some of the top prospects tend to be overpowered in my opinion with 90+ on shooting ratings and tendencies, 90+ rebounding, etc. Sure those players can pop up on occasion or very rarely but they should not be this frequent.
  • Like the faces, they barely paid any attention into the tendencies other than changing the shot tendency. For instance:
    See the 100 Shot Close Left Tendency? No effort whatsoever.
On these draft classes: :new:
  • Fully edited all 160 players for all draft classes. :new:
  • Tendencies, badges, and attributes should match their playstyle.
  • I've made some potential busts and possible gems.
  • Few players recreated from Pierralban's draft class (Jermaine Lee, Jamal McKnight, Tarence Hollins, etc.).
  • Expect most of the players being capable of making the outside shot as per league direction. Also expect some players with odd/unique playstyles.
  • Used Barnsey's and Aderito's guides from OperationSports.

Screenshots on few of the players:

Year 1
ImageImageImageImageImage
Year 2
Year 3
Year 4
In the future:
  • Thinking of adding Year 5
  • Modify the peak age and peak end for all players (WIP)

USERNAME: Chrome Claymore
FILE NAME (1): Fictional Year 1 JEDL
FILE NAME (2): Fictional Year 2 JEDL
FILE NAME (3): Fictional Year 3 JEDL
FILE NAME (4): Fictional Year 4 JEDL

Advice/criticism/suggestions are welcome
Last edited by JEDL on Mon May 15, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Class (Year 1 and Year 2 Released!)

Postby bremi19 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:51 pm

Nice work!
bremi19

Postby kalionyo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:49 am

I had quite the memories with Pierralban's draft classes. Tarence Hollins was unstoppable. It would be really cool if we could see some more of his players make cameos on future fictional draft classes.
kalionyo

Postby JEDL on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:52 pm

kalionyo wrote:I had quite the memories with Pierralban's draft classes. Tarence Hollins was unstoppable. It would be really cool if we could see some more of his players make cameos on future fictional draft classes.

Yeah those were the good ol' times. I'm thinking of adding more players from Pierralban actually as I've got a few players in mind.
JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Class (Yr 1 and 2)(Now with Cyberfaces!)

Postby JEDL on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:58 pm

UPDATE:
  • Just added cyberfaces to the draft classes
  • Did some minor tweaks on a few players

Screenshots:
JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Postby Rimbaud82 on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:50 pm

Awesome thanks mate!
Rimbaud82

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:02 am

Nice job bro!
I Hate Mondays

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Class (Year 1 and 2 now with Cyberfaces!)(Year 3 WIP)

Postby JEDL on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:05 am

Quick update:
  • Currently working on Year 3 (so far 8 players are fully edited with cyberfaces)
  • Made minor tweaks to 2 players in Year 1 (changed 1 cyberface and signatures)

JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Postby JEDL on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:06 am

Rimbaud82 wrote:Awesome thanks mate!

I Hate Mondays wrote:Nice job bro!

Thanks guys! :D
JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Class (Year 1 and 2 now with Cyberfaces!)(Year 3 WIP)

Postby kalionyo on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:25 pm

Looking forward to seeing more! Have you found a way to edit draft classes beyond the in-game editor? Maybe through Limnono's Modifier, Cheat Engine, or another tool? I used to make my own custom draft classes with celebrities, legends, YouTubers, etc. I'm just wondering because I always found it tedious to manually move the slider bar for each stat. It's a big reason why I haven't bothered to make any fictional draft classes this year.
kalionyo

Postby JEDL on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:50 pm

kalionyo wrote:Looking forward to seeing more! Have you found a way to edit draft classes beyond the in-game editor? Maybe through Limnono's Modifier, Cheat Engine, or another tool? I used to make my own custom draft classes with celebrities, legends, YouTubers, etc. I'm just wondering because I always found it tedious to manually move the slider bar for each stat. It's a big reason why I haven't bothered to make any fictional draft classes this year.

I used Limnono's tool to add the cyberfaces. Everything else I just edited manually in-game.
JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Postby kalionyo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:10 am

JEDL wrote:I used Limnono's tool to add the cyberfaces. Everything else I just edited manually in-game.

Well that's unfortunate, but keep up the good work. (Y)
kalionyo

Postby JEDL on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:51 pm

Update:

• Removed athletic dunk animations (windmill, etc.) for some players who have low dunk ratings
  • Re-did post-up, triple threat, and dribble tendencies for all players
  • Added pre-game rituals for some players
  • Changed signatures for a few players
  • Fully edited 15 players for Year 3 draft class (still WIP)
JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Class with C.F. (Years 1, 2 and 3 Released!)

Postby JEDL on Mon May 01, 2017 1:08 am

Year 3 released!
So I just finished the 3rd year of the draft class series and to be honest I feel proud for the project. So I'm hoping to continue this with 3 or 4 more draft classes. However this project has been quite time-consuming and draining and I've never really got the chance to play the game that much anymore. So I'm just gonna put this out there that I could use some help if anyone's willing. Send me a PM.

Updates:
  • Reworked the following ratings for all draft classes: Driving Dunk, Contact Dunk, Driving Layup, Help Defense IQ, On Ball D IQ, Speed, Acceleration, Hustle, Passing Vision, Accuracy and IQ, Reaction Time, Defensive and Offensive Consistency, Potential and Ball Control.
  • Those rating changes were based from http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... oject.html so credits to him.
  • Changed Dish to Open Man tendency for all draft classes with 20 being the lowest. Based from: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... akers.html so credits to him as well (Y) (Y) (Y) .
JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Postby matmat66 on Wed May 10, 2017 12:59 pm

Thanks for your work bro. Would you know the cf id you used for Gary Potter? Thanks!
matmat66

Postby TGsoGood on Wed May 10, 2017 11:11 pm

matmat66 wrote:Thanks for your work bro. Would you know the cf id you used for Gary Potter? Thanks!

Use limnono's trainer to find the cf id
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby matmat66 on Thu May 11, 2017 12:51 am

Hi TGsoGood, can you point me to a tutorial on how to do this specifically if the cf is in the draft class? Thank you so much.
matmat66

Postby BLAQK on Thu May 11, 2017 9:05 am

JEDL wrote:Year 3 released!
So I just finished the 3rd year of the draft class series and to be honest I feel proud for the project. So I'm hoping to continue this with 3 or 4 more draft classes. However this project has been quite time-consuming and draining and I've never really got the chance to play the game that much anymore. So I'm just gonna put this out there that I could use some help if anyone's willing. Send me a PM.

Updates:
  • Reworked the following ratings for all draft classes: Driving Dunk, Contact Dunk, Driving Layup, Help Defense IQ, On Ball D IQ, Speed, Acceleration, Hustle, Passing Vision, Accuracy and IQ, Reaction Time, Defensive and Offensive Consistency, Potential and Ball Control.
  • Those rating changes were based from http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... oject.html so credits to him.
  • Changed Dish to Open Man tendency for all draft classes with 20 being the lowest. Based from: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... akers.html so credits to him as well (Y) (Y) (Y) .

Great work
BLAQK

Postby JEDL on Thu May 11, 2017 8:08 pm

matmat66 wrote:Thanks for your work bro. Would you know the cf id you used for Gary Potter? Thanks!

It's 3562
JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Postby matmat66 on Fri May 12, 2017 12:06 am

Thanks bro!
matmat66

Postby Roberto on Fri May 12, 2017 11:40 pm

where is the link?
Roberto

Postby JEDL on Sat May 13, 2017 12:20 am

Roberto wrote:where is the link?

You can download it from 2K Share. Not sure how I can upload a link or a file here since I don't know how.
JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Postby Roberto on Sat May 13, 2017 1:20 am

JEDL wrote:
Roberto wrote:where is the link?

You can download it from 2K Share. Not sure how I can upload a link or a file here since I don't know how.

name?
Roberto

Postby RobDavis on Sat May 13, 2017 4:40 pm

Loving these draft classes, started a new Myleague in 2028 doing a Myleague Player Lock Career

Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker
Mobo: Asus Z87-Pro
CPU: Intel 4770K
GPU: Asus GeForce™ GTX 1080 Ti
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3-1866 Memory
HDD: 1TB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive
PSU: Corsair 750W ATX12V
RobDavis

Postby JEDL on Sun May 14, 2017 8:51 pm

RobDavis wrote:Loving these draft classes, started a new Myleague in 2028 doing a Myleague Player Lock Career

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Thanks dude! That means a lot! :D
JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Re: JEDL's Fictional Draft Class with C.F. (Years 1-4 Released!)

Postby JEDL on Mon May 15, 2017 1:04 am

UPDATE:

Alright Year 4 has just been released! I completely based this off of a fictional draft class by internalized_depression from 2K Share to save time so props to him for that. I must admit I was not thorough with the ratings (although I have gone through the tendencies though) for this draft class due to time constraints (university work piling up) but I will sift through them bit by bit with my spare time. Oh and no players from Pierralban's draft class here unfortunately.

Screenshots:

JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Postby JEDL on Tue May 16, 2017 12:18 am

UPDATE:

Did major rating tweaks for Year 4. Will work on peak beginning and end values, some animations, and playstyles next.
JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Postby joosegoose on Tue May 16, 2017 1:42 pm

My man...

I just gotta say, you're doing some great work right now. I'm honestly not exaggerating when I say the polish behind these classes might be the only reason why I'm still playing this game (bluejaybrandon's 2017 class is a big contributor as well!). It really adds so much to the franchise experience when drafted players feel like a natural extension of the league.
joosegoose

Postby JEDL on Wed May 17, 2017 12:01 am

UPDATE:

Another quick update for Year 4 with animation changes (edited all dribble moves for everyone, some jumpshots, and some pre-game signatures), a few accessory changes, and modified everyone's Speed with Ball attribute (as there were some players with high speed and acceleration but with low speed with ball which was ridiculous). Looking to changed some players' playstyles and maybe positions.

joosegoose wrote:My man...

I just gotta say, you're doing some great work right now. I'm honestly not exaggerating when I say the polish behind these classes might be the only reason why I'm still playing this game (bluejaybrandon's 2017 class is a big contributor as well!). It really adds so much to the franchise experience when drafted players feel like a natural extension of the league.

Yeah thanks for the compliment! And having it play out as smoothly with any roster without the major ridiculousness of the CPU-generated draft classes is my main goal!
JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Postby JEDL on Wed May 17, 2017 12:03 am

UPDATE:

Another quick update for Year 4 with animation changes (edited all dribble moves for everyone, some jumpshots, and some pre-game signatures), a few accessory changes, and modified everyone's Speed with Ball attribute (as there were some players with high speed and acceleration but with low speed with ball which was ridiculous). Looking to changed some players' playstyles and maybe positions.

Yeah thanks for the compliment! And having it play out as smoothly with any roster without the major ridiculousness of the CPU-generated draft classes is my main goal!
JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Postby JEDL on Wed May 17, 2017 12:03 am

UPDATE:

Another quick update for Year 4 with animation changes (edited all dribble moves for everyone, some jumpshots, and some pre-game signatures), a few accessory changes, and modified everyone's Speed with Ball attribute (as there were some players with high speed and acceleration but with low speed with ball which was ridiculous). Looking to change some players' playstyles and maybe positions for the next update. Also changed S. Welsch's (Year 4) cyberface as it was already assigned to M. Fletcher (Year 1). Aaand lastly did some quick edits on intangibles for Year 1 and 2.

JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Postby mjtheslambam323 on Thu May 18, 2017 1:48 pm

too many white guys
mjtheslambam323

Postby JEDL on Thu May 18, 2017 6:42 pm

mjtheslambam323 wrote:too many white guys

Year 1- 5 White Americans, 4 Europeans, 1 Asian, 30 African Americans
Year 2- 8 White Americans, 3 Europeans, 1 Asian, 28 African Americans
Year 3- 5 White Americans, 5 Europeans, 1 Hispanic, 2 Asians, 27 African Americans
Year 4- 5 White Americans, 3 Europeans, 1 Asian, 31 African Americans
JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Postby Roberto on Fri May 19, 2017 1:49 am

draft class is in create draft roster?
Roberto

Postby JEDL on Fri May 19, 2017 1:18 pm

Roberto wrote:draft class is in create draft roster?

Yes it is.
JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Postby TGsoGood on Fri May 19, 2017 1:33 pm

Edmund Finley looks like QJB from youtube lol
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Roberto on Fri May 19, 2017 10:07 pm

what are the png numbers of the players? it's possible to know it?
Roberto

Postby JEDL on Sat May 20, 2017 10:15 am

Roberto wrote:what are the png numbers of the players? it's possible to know it?

You can identify them using the Limnono's Tool
JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Postby JEDL on Sat May 20, 2017 1:24 pm

UPDATE:

Updated Peak Start and Peak End for all players in Year 4, changed some minor animations, and updated playstyles for both Year 4 and Year 3.

Currently working bit by bit on Year 5.
JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Postby Roberto on Sat May 20, 2017 8:22 pm

i can identify png numbers of saved roster, but don't draft roster
Roberto

Postby JEDL on Sat May 20, 2017 9:56 pm

Roberto wrote:i can identify png numbers of saved roster, but don't draft roster

Um...yes you can. Here's what you gotta do:

• Load the tool
  • Load the game
  • Activate the tool (press F1)
  • Go to the draft class and open it
  • Go back to the activated tool and click on "Read highlighted player"
  • That'll show the name of the player you are highlighting on the draft class
  • Go to the "Attributes" section of the tool
  • Click on the "Face ID" box, it may seem empty but a number will pop-up when you click on it

I usually have the game on Windowed mode so I can just jump between tabs without having to worry on Alt-Tabbing all the time.
JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Postby JEDL on Sun May 21, 2017 4:02 pm

UPDATE:

Updated and reworked Offensive Consistency, Defensive Consistency, and Low Post Defense IQ for all draft classes. Currently finished with the ratings and cyberfaces for 20 players in Year 5.

Screens:

JEDL
Dirkler Parsitzki

Postby deodorantthief1 on Mon May 22, 2017 1:27 pm

Ahhhmayzing
deodorantthief1

Return to NBA 2K17 Releases & Previews